Merchandise Assistant- 11/1/17 to present
• Prepare previous day cash deposits.
• Make merchandising plans using the company’s guidance, but ultimately making the best decision for the unique store.
• Perform opening and closing procedures.
• Prepare the sales floor for incoming merchandise.
• Leader on duty responsibilities.
• Train sales floor associates on offering credit applications. Visual Associate- 1/1/16 to 11/1/17
• Trained freight associates on the core standards of presentation.
• Created visually appealing statements on the sales floor.
• Focused on customer service while making the sales floor look the best.
• Answer customer inquiries over the phone and in person. Freight associate 10/20/15 to 1/1/16
• Unpack freight and organize it onto z-racks.
• Put freight to the sales floor.
• Made pricing and signing adjustments.
• Marked clearance every week.
• Assisted with cashiering, when needed.
- Merchandise Assistant at JCPenney
- General Merchandise Teammate at Shopko
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school
As a General Merchandise Assistant, I restocked shelves, created displays, pay bills, and ordered merchandise. I also take phone calls and helped customers with any questions and/or finding wanted items. As a GM assistant, I am have learned to balance helping customers and keeping the department running smoothly and to work as a team with my fellow associates. I also run the department when my manager is away. I started out working as a courtesy clerk where I learned how to communicate with fellow associates and customers. I was in that position for two years, until I was moved up to checking. As a courtesy clerk, I bagged customers groceries, helped them to their vehicle, cleaned up messes that occurred in the store, and kept the front end stocked and ready to help our customers. I also work in the check stands when they need extra hands. I worked as just a checker for almost a year. I learned how to communicate with customers while maintaining an efficient, friendly and smooth running check stand. I am also an extra hand in the floral department when needed. There I have learned how to make flower arrangments, take orders, and keep the department looking pleasing.
- General Merchandise Assistant at Yoke's Fresh Market
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Some college - General Associates Degree
• Provide operational and administrative support to Assistant Buyer and Buyer.
• Input Purchase Orders and take ownership of data entry responsibilities.
• Manage PO Cycle
• Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through consistent communication with vendors, buying team and distribution center, as well as troubleshooting shipment issues.
• Generate weekly reports, recap event performances and work with Assistant Buyer to analyze the business.
• Load products into respective branded and theme sales, as well as manage product look order.
- Merchandise Assistant at Saks Fifth Avenue - OFF FIFTH & Gilt
- Customer Service Associate at Cardworks
- Women's Buying Intern at Paul Stuart
- Managing Director at
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- B.Sc - Fashion Merchandising Management
- AAS - Fashion Merchandising Management
Sales Associate Merchandise Associate Department Supervisor
- Merchandise Assistant at JCPenney
- Sales at SEARS HOLDINGS CORP
- Assistant Store Manager at WENDY'S
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates - Graphic Arts
Unloading merchandise, placing merchandise onto the sales floor, customer service, preparing the cash/check deposit from the day before.
- Merchandise Assistant at Jcpenny
- Cashier at Family Dollar
- IAT Specialist at Metlife
- Customer Service Specialst at Nationwide Inbound
5 years, 2 months at this Job
• Provide outstanding customer service and resolve complaints
• Stock and organize merchandise with accuracy and efficiency
• Train staff for excellent customer service
• Operate POS cash register
• Promotes to an assistant manager after being with the company for eight months
- Merchandise Assistant/ Manager at JCPenney
- Cashier/ Bakery Clerk at Mi Pueblo
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts
While working here I assisted customers and ensured all shelves were fully stocked with merchandise. I assisted with back warehouse duties at times making sure shipments were put away correctly.
- Merchandise Assistant at Adidas
- Merchandise Assistant at Petco
- Safety Manager at McDonolds
- Freight worker at Nabisco
5 months at this Job
• Set up and maintain items using programs such as RMS and GXS.
• Key promotional and permanent price changes in PMF.
• Create and input orders into RMS.
• Change and update purchase orders.
• Process Return to Vendors/damaged merchandise/returns.
• Maintain shipping logs for orders.
• Track shipping and receipts.
• Administer sample programs for advertising.
• Enter co-op into BMS.
• Create promotional in store signage.
• Prepare Spreadsheets for report formats as required.
• Prepare presentations as needed.
• Work alongside visual and vendors to execute quarterly trends, themes, and set floors throughout the store.
• Assist the buyer in filling out visual merchandising request forms as needed.
• Review submissions sent from vendors and relay comments back to vendors.
• Inspect and test samples and furnishings.
• Reached out to vendors to procure assets in order to get images published online.
• Worked alongside the Digital Team and Web Merchants in selecting product for banners and the landing page.
• Collaborated with the Digital Marketing Team in procuring promotional announcements such as emails and social media posts to announce new brands and new product.
• Worked alongside Buyer in determining promotional strategies for marketing as well as entering the offers into the Workhorse Marketing System.
• Conducted research in determining whether styles are published online once they become salable in the bins.
• Assisted the Buyer and Assistant Buyer in selecting product for seasonal assortments.
- MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT at BELK CORPORATE
- VISUAL MERCHANDISER at Forever 21
- Impact Team Member at Hollister Co
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.A. - FASHION MERCHANDISING
• ResponsibilitiesCustomer Service & Sales Models and holds team accountable for delivering outstanding customer service. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Demonstrates WORTH behaviors consistently. Partners with other team members when additional support is needed.
• Door to Floor / Restock / RFID & Inventory Works with Merchandise Supervisor to plan upcoming merchandise placement plans. Contributes to merchandise receipt and reverse logistics processes. Assists with the execution of inventory processes (cycle counts, system uploads, stock ledger, Radio Frequency Identification Scans, etc.). Contributes to the Shoe on Display restocking process, including mismates and stockroom organization. Contributes to the restock program to identify replenishment opportunities.
• SET / Visual / Environment Assists with the SET processes by planning floor moves, placing graphics, and executing visual detailing based on company guidance. Identifies sell-through opportunities and remerchandise the selling floor to increase rate of sale. Helps oversee and maintain all fitting room and sales floor recovery processes to ensure a clean and organized store environment. Contributes to the execution of visual elements to support merchandising statements. Responsible for stockroom maintenance.
• Omnichannel (SVG 2-3 only) Assists with the jcp.com process including jcp.com orders and aged and undelivered orders/returns as needed. Contributes to Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Ship from Store processes as needed.
• General Operations Contributes to Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor and Return to Warehouse activities. Assists with the Defective MTO (DMTO) process ensuring proper and timely execution of all DMTO's to ensure integrity of inventory and prevent shrink. Participates in annual inventory processes.
• Performance Standards Supports company shrink and safety initiatives. Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
- Merchandise Assistant at JCPenney
- Office Supervisor at Jackson Hewitt
- Office Manager at Liberty Tax Service
at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Work independently creating item codes for new inventory. Monitor current trends and competition for jewelry and fashion apparel and make suggestions for new and exciting products linees. Track samples and enter samples into the internal warehouse management software a timely efficient manner. Collaborate across global teams to share gemstone information with cross functional teams. Coordinate with inventory QC team in creating a process for jewelry inventory that has been mislabeled or is missing information. Preformed back-up assistance to logistics, able to track and follow-up all packages including overseas and domestic shipments. Work collaboratively with others on projects as assigned and needed. Assist Accounting Department with any payments that needs to be made to vendors. Address any issues related to shipping with shipping companies. Update invoice files aswer merchandise questions from Customer Service Monitor and correct any description issues. Work with vendors in regards to any merchandise issues. Coordinate with vendors on merchandise shipments purchased by buyers. Create stories for stone launch events.
- Merchandise Assistant at Liquidation Channel
- Receptionist at
- Intern at Austin Travis County Integral Care
- Volunteer at Generation Group Home
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health & Admin. Services