Merchandise Buyer; which includes, placing all MotorClothes orders with the motor company, licensees and aftermarket vendors. Receiving, tagging and displaying all MotorClothes merchandise. Keeping up with daily sales, stock and warranties. Inventory control. Handling shipping (UPS). Placing special orders for customers. Maintaining MotorClothes floor. Money handling; such as, inputting daily transactions to our internal database, prepare and make bank deposits, maintaining change drawer, balancing cash drawers on a daily basis and writing checks for our COD accounts. Customer service which also includes resolving any customer issues regarding my department. Cashier. Faxing, scanning, mailing and answering multi-line phones. Opening & closing department.
- MOTORCLOTHES MANAGER (Merchandise Buyer) at JAMESTOWN HARLEY-DAVIDSON (Closed)
- SALES ASSOCIATE at MITCHELL'S MODESTO HARLEY-DAVIDSON
- SALES ASSOCIATE at YOSEMITE HARLEY-DAVIDSON (Closed)
- SALES ASSOCIATE at PAYLESS SHOE SOURCE
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Diploma - General Education
I am a buyer for a specialty running store. The responsibilities are to manage the product flow of over 95 vendors, connect with reps of each of the vendors as well as communicating with the employees and guests about products. I am also a fit expert working on the floor, train employees on products and a coach and trainer for our running groups.
- Merchandise Buyer at Fleet Feet Sports Sarasota
- Chief Workshop Manager at Build a Bear Workshop
- Merchandise Hostess at Walt Disney World
- Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Resort Parkway
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology
Manage all aspects of purchasing apparel and specialty ad items from purchase orders to accounts payable, as well as replenishing and maintaining merchandise inventory.
● Create and develop key relationships with vendors to analyze market fashion trends, expand product base, and acquire competitive prices.
● Worked closely with customer base to understand needs and supply custom-fit product solutions.
● Practice turnaround efficiency as a goal to reduce schedule time of product purchase to invoice paid.
- Merchandise Buyer at Leonetti Graphics
- Banquet Coordinator at RCC
- Vault Teller at JP Morgan Chase
- Clinic Assistant at San Diego Spine and Disc
4 years at this Job
- High school
I searched for hot stylish clothing and accessories' and styled the mannequins. Also, worked with customers on choosing and outfit. I also model and take professional pictures in the merchandise for social media purposes.
- Associate Merchandise Buyer - Intern at Cinderella's Closet
- Sales Associate at
- Customer Service Representative - Technical Support Agent at Sitel
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Communication Studies
• Provided development and implementation of merchandise purchase plans with focus on timely and quality deliverables.
• Established productive relationships with suppliers, facilitating cost-effective procurement in support of store/sales objectives.
• Analyzed performance trends and patterns to forecast consumer buying behaviors.
- Retail Merchandise Buyer at IO Boutique
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in General Business - General Business
- Associate of Arts in Marketing - Marketing
Managed a $132M per year business overseeing a team of seven associates with full P&L responsibility. This includes sales, margin, private label, markdowns, turn, OTB, pricing, assortment, freight, import plan, and advertising.
• Managed two of the five fastest growing businesses at Meijer.
• Grew sales 13% in three years at desk, with an outpacing margin rate, achieving highest margin rate in Meijer Pet history.
• Increased private label penetration to 50%.
• Introduced bid process on commodity items.
• Launched Meijer Brand Flea & Tick from inception to store in five months, first big box retailer to do so.
• Sourced specialty brands for placement in Meijer Stores: Greenies, K9 Advantix/Advantage II, Whimzies, Virbac, Burt's Bees and Shout.
• Designated as "mentor" desk. Assigned summer intern to manage each year, managed all merchandise associate trainees in the Pet area.
• Member of task team that developed processes when opening the Meijer Hong Kong Sourcing Office.
- Merchandise Buyer - GM Pet Supplies at Meijer
- Merchandise Buyer at School Home and Office Supplies
- Category Manager - Stationery, Cards and Party Supplies at Sears Holding Co
4 years at this Job
- B.A. in Communication and English Literature - Communication and English Literature
Purchase high-end retail products from the LA fashion district for resale by a women's retail and accessories boutique in Guatemala. Establish and maintain strong business relationships with over 50 vendors and manufacturers. Negotiate pricing agreements and contracts with suppliers to achieve profit margin targets. Forecast customer buying patterns based on sales trends. Develop marketing content for the boutique's Facebook and Instagram pages. Increased efficiency of product shipping by negotiating an affordable price for air cargo.
- Merchandise Buyer/Marketing Assistant at IO Boutique
2 years at this Job
- BA - General Business
- AA - Marketing
• Reviewed, planned, and executed the revamp of the Infant, Toddlers, and Two's catalog allowing customers and sales representatives to find items not only by age, but by where the item is to be found in the child care classroom. This allows customers to be comfortable and confident that Kaplan Early Learning Company has early childhood environment and education at the base of everything they do and that their customers shopping experience is always a top priority.
• Reviewed, planned, and executed a total revamp of the ITT section of the Kaplan website. Reviewed over 7,000 products that were under the Infant, Toddler, and Two's section of the website. Created product groups, placed the items into their correct product groups, and gave the IT department the exact path that I wanted to see the products group listed under, which then they created. This allowed the company to be presented in a way that would show that we understood where products belonged in the classroom and allowed for an easier shopping experience for the customer as well as for those who were using it to present items to a customer.
• Successfully work with current vendors and find new vendors to work with. While working with current vendors, I negotiate receiving samples for customers or shows, current discounts, and bulk sales. I consistently work to find new vendors who would allow us to present new quality products to our customers in a timely manner, negotiate terms and discounts, and set them up in our system successfully.
• Consistently work to keep all information updated in the People Soft program while making sure I am meeting the needs of our customer base.
- Catalog Merchandise Buyer at Kaplan Early Learning Company
- Customer Service Representative (Admin Asst.) at AlphaBest Education
- Owner/Operator at EEE Learning Academy Family Home Child Care
- Lead Teacher Two-Year Old Classroom at Covenant Child Care Center
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education Administration - Child Development
- Associate in Applied Science in Early Childhood Education - Early Childhood Education
Purchased all technology, art & school supply for the bookstore. Using MBS System entered all purchase orders, input receiving & created all required paperwork to turn into accounts payable. Assisted instructors with required items needed for their students taking art courses. Created lists of required art items per art course helping the students find the required items. Assisted students, faculty & staff on the floor in all areas of the store including helping them find the required course materials, taking special orders and explain complicated financial aid questions that might arise.
- Lead Merchandise Buyer at Lane Community College Titan Store
- Supervisor/Buyer/Customer Service & Support at OSU Beaverstore
- Store Supervisor at Goodwill Industires of Oregon
- Section Head (Various Deparments) at Fred Meyer Inc
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Support buying process in selection of items, quantities, distribution logistics, designs and marketing strategies.
• Plan purchases by seasons and trends.
• Monitoring of financial projections and purchase commitments
• Functions of the inventory analyst, create purchase orders and monitor inventory levels for replenishment.
• Coordinate trainings for managers.
• Translation of documents for non-bilingual associates.
• Create marketing events to increase the sale and acquisition of new partners.
• Innovation and development of the ready-to-eat (HMS) food program.
• Creation of programs with local suppliers.
• Assisted categories:
• General Merchandise Division 2013 - 2014: office supplies, books, video games, music and movies 2014 - 2015: Household items, appliances, furniture, mattresses and seasonal items
• Fresh Division 2015-2018: Deli Gourmet, ready-to-eat foods, fresh meats and seafood.
• Responsible for the Associate Engagement Survey (AES) action plan for the General Merchandise Division during fiscal years 2014 and 2015, and 2017 for Fresh Division. Selected to lead this project to improve satisfaction and performance in the work area of all non-exempt associates.
• Acknowledgments: Associate Month April and October 2016, November 2016 Team of the month, July and August 2017
- MERCHANDISE BUYER ASSISTANT at SAM'S CLUB HOME OFFICES
- Consultant & Coordinator at
- GENERAL MANAGER at MARPOR CORPORATION
- MARKETING COORDINATOR at EL SAN JUAN HOTEL & CASINO
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.A. - Business Administration