I was a merchandise planner for both the Building Materials and Millwork departments. In this position I was responsible for product placement in Menards stores, as well as any signage either made in house and or by the vendor. I was also responsible for updating merchandise layouts in the Building Materials department. In this position I was a self starter, and managed my time to get multiple projects to completion on timely basis.
- Merchandise Planner at Menards
- Merchandise Planner at Menard, Inc.
- Merchandise Planning at
28 years at this Job
- Associate - Marketing & Business
- - Marketing
Merchandise Planner in Kmart Footwear, managing an annual sales volume up to $86M. ◦ Forecast sales, margin, markdowns, receipts, and inventory at line/category groups for monthly financial lock, collaborating with Merchant team and Finance. ◦ Partner with the Merchant team to manage inventory plans in support of assortment and financial goals through ladder plans and historical/trend analysis at line, category, and brand level. ◦ Collaborate with Analyst on seasonal and monthly rebuy direction and size analysis. ◦ Analyze inventory to recommend item actions to improve sales, margin, and aged inventory by recommending markdown and pricing actions. ◦ Supports forecast, OTB, business and line review meetings with data and analysis. ◦ Communicate on company social network site to resolve store issues and provide feedback to Merchant team.
- Merchandise Planner at Sears Holdings, Inc
- Merchandise Planner at Nebraska Book Company
- Merchandise Planner at ALCO Stores, Inc
- Assistant Merchandiser at GTM Sportswear, Inc
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Apparel Marketing and Design - Marketing and Design
• Merchandise Planner for 450 outlet stores across the United States.
• Builds both tops-down and bottoms-up plans at class and department level to align with overall financial plan based on buyer insights, sell-thru data, margin, historical trend, and seasonal initiatives.
• Conduct analysis by department to identify growth opportunities or disparities. Develop actionable strategies with business partners to maximize sales and gross margin opportunities and minimize loss.
• Execute initiatives for corporate programs (i.e. Climate, High Density, Focus) as needed. Develop plan, investigating and determining issues to the store level.
• Analyze weekly sales; generating reports and taking action as needed to meet and improve financial objectives.
• Responsible for achieving a balanced scorecard to maximize the company’s inventory investment. Balance markdowns and turnover by department.
• Develop critical partnerships to drive business with store teams: Regional Directors, District Managers, and Store Managers.
• Travels markets to assess and maximize sales and profit.
• Plan and monitor new and remodeled stores with partnership of the New Store team.
• Determine store clusters and eligibility based on product performance results and analysis.
• In partnership with Buyer, hold monthly strategic review meetings to discuss overall strategy for current shipping period, identify exception styles, current and additional needs and assortment plan review.
• Participate in corporate business strategy presentations in regards to financial planning and seasonal programs.
- Merchandise Planner at Bealls Inc.
- General Manager at Ulta Salon, Cosmetics, & Fragrance
- General Manager at Ross Stores, Inc.
- Store Manager at CVS Health
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration & Management
• Supported Merchandise Planner in developing and executing strategic vision to deliver on sales and profit objectives
• Partnered with vendors and buying counterpart while leveraging technical expertise to identify opportunities, develop assortment plans and implement allocation strategies
• Developed SKU plans and compiled hindsight to drive assortment decisions in market
• Assisted in development and coaching of Merchandising Assistant and Assistant Planner
- Associate Merchandise Planner at Macy’s
- Associate Inventory Planner at Vineyard Vines
- Inventory Management Analyst at Vineyard Vines
- Sales Lead at The Limited
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Fashion and Textile Management
Responsible for buying, product development, design, purchasing for 2 stores for several product categories: men's, accessories, women's gifts, and kids. Planned and implemented marketing strategies and budgets, set quality standards. Initially hired as a General Manager, promoted to Buyer/ Merchandise Planner.
• Increased gross margin by 15% and sales by 60% within 1 year
• Purchased 1.3M categories for 2 base locations
• Managed in excess of 1,000+ sku's and 60+ vendors both domestic and foreign
• Managed the inventory system to track and control shrink
• Applied a barcode POS system and receiving process for product
• Implemented and created plano-o-grams, end caps, power walls, and stand aids of "sets" for everyday as well as seasonal merchandise
• Initiated contact with several local entrepreneurs and created product exclusive to our location
• Increased average sales volume within one year by revamping retail and sales strategies
• Identified and developed territory specific objectives and action plans that increased sales and payroll goals
• Provided weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales analysis
• Motivated and inspired teams to ensure a positive learning environment and morale by implementing rewards and recognition plans
• Conducted daily, weekly, and monthly managers meetings; discussed sales, marketing strategies, and performance reviews
- Buyer/Merchandise Planner at SB&J Enterprises
- Store Manager at Lori's Gifts
- Apparel Area Manager at Bob's Stores
- Store Manager at The Avenue
4 years at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
Plan strategic direction for 14 departments with a focus on seasonal areas. Evaluate store model type to determine merchandise allocation to designated stores based on volume. Recommend investment quantities and accurate flow forecasts. Review and analyze strategies to escalate sales, turnover goods, and bottom line profitability.
• Develop financial plans for sales, inventory, markdowns and profit, down to the category level.
• Assist merchants with problem solving through data analytics.
• Design new tools and upgrade existing tools to help generate smarter buys.
• Participate in category reviews with senior management regarding performance, trends and proposed sales initiatives by providing data.
• Create what if scenarios to determine possible outcomes and to help stay on track with the company's initiatives.
- MERCHANDISE PLANNER at FRED'S PHARMACY
- INVENTORY STAFF ACCOUNTANT at
- SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST at
- Expense Analyst at
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Retail & Consumer Sciences - Business Administration
• Planned for space and adjacency in 20 + clubs across the country.
• Planned the seasonal merchandise and feature space alongside the buyers
• Spearheaded layout & modular relay for all current and future Best Price stores that span across more than 50+ categories and 5000+ SKU assortment
• Partnered with marketing & buyers to develop and design catalogues, mailers, print ads supporting sales growth and new product promotions.
• Analyzed historic and current sale trends to develop timely phased SKU forecasts during seasons.
• Generated sell thru & inventory reports to identify and call out the opportunity areas. Strategic Analyst - Merchandising, Replenishment
• Undertook special projects and teamed up to prepare strategic reviews for the leadership -- Improving Receiving Efficiency -- Merchandise Flow Phasing during seasons -- Additional Space Planning during big occassions -- DOH reduction initiatives
• Monitored and tracked Instock, Fill Rate & DOH of key categories in FMCG Non Food and General Merchandise Categories (Office Supplies, Furniture, Apparel, Home Textiles, Electronics & Appliances and Restaurant Supplies, Personal Care)
• Lead reduction of aged inventories and liquidation plans in close coordination with merchants
• Work on improving operational inefficiencies- -- Improve Dock to Shelf Efficiency -- Drove category and store teams to clear back logs / bad inventories off the shelves
• Regularly systemize lead times and safety stocks at vendor club levels
• Inclined to automate processes - Developed a soft tool to sync demand and supply transparency during Diwali ensuring timely order fulfillment
- Merchandise Planner at Walmart India - Gurgaon
- Assistant Manager (Supply Chain) at Danone Foods & Beverages (India) Limited
- Procurement Officer at S.C. Johnson Products PVT. LTD
- Supply Chain Executive at Hindustan Unilever
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Food Technology
Responsible for developing merchandise plans and maintaining in season merchandise forecasts in partnership with Buyers for assigned merchandise category.
• Develop pre-season merchandise plans and maintain in-season forecasts at the department and class levels
• Evaluate business and recommend changes to forecasts as needed
• Partner with buyers to manage Open to Buy at the class level and subclass level to maximize sales, gross margin and turn
• Analyze business to evaluate and implement strategies to drive sales and margin improvements
• Collaborate with BPARM team members on allocation, marketing, presentation and NVO strategies to maximize sales and gross margin
- Merchandise Planner at Big Lots, Inc
- Allocation Manager at Affiliated Business Group
- Merchandise Planner at Gordmans
- Store Planner at DSW, Inc
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Human Ecology
I am currently employed as Senior Planner at The Mr Price Group, within the Sport Division. I independently manage and lead a team of 6 planners in the ladieswear and girlswear department. I report directly into the planning director and I am responsible for both merchandise and location functions under the planning function.
- SENIOR MERCHANDISE PLANNER at MR PRICE HEAD OFFICE
- MERCHANDISE PLANNER at MR PRICE HEAD OFFICE
- merchandise planner at MR PRICE HEAD OFFICE
- ACESSORIES CO-ORDINATOR at MERCHANDISE PLANNER AND COSMETICS
5 years at this Job
- - Tertiary Education
* Create pre-season financial plans to maximize sales, inventory and margin * Maintain in-season forecasts by projecting sales and staying within inventory guidelines * Partner with buying office to execute category strategies and promotional planning * Analyze store sales and stock position to identify risks and opportunities to drive top line sales * Planning positions at Stage: Men's and Women's Fragrances, Missy Traditional, Missy Career and Missy Casual Tops
- Merchandise Planner at Stage Stores, Inc
- Associate/Asssitant Buyer at Stage Stores, Inc
- Sr Allocator at JC Penney
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Family and Consumer Sciences