• Fixing broken games
• Filling Tickets in games
• Helping guests Position: Merchandising Assistant
• Order product for games
• Decorate games
• Monthly inventory of product
• All duties of Arcade Attendant
- Merchandising Assistant at Cleveland Coin/Great Wolf Lodge
- Cast Member at Chuck E Cheese
7 months at this Job
As a merchandising assistant, I was mainly responsible for maintaining and organizing the store. I was also responsible for training up to 4 employees every quarter, assigning daily tasks and weekly goals, and worked with at least 4 members in a group setting.
- Merchandising Assistant at De Anza College
- Computer Store Assistant at De Anza College
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Systems
- Associate - Business Administration
Main Responsibilities: · Set-up new items for conversions, show displays or new brand releases, ensuring all specifications are entered correctly, resulting in new sale opportunities for our retailers. · Compile TPR & Power Buy information for VMC’s TPR & Power Buy program from multiple vendors, ensuring all items are accurate & included, resulting in fewer retailer complaints on missed or inaccurate items. · Update system information with cost changes, LOQ changes, description & size changes, ensuring all system information is accurate, resulting in fewer accounting errors & reducing inaccurate information provided to our retailers. · Create People Soft Charges, ensuring required charge is billed with the correct amount & vendor, resulting in increased revenue & reduced accounting errors. · Set-up new vendors, making sure all required paperwork provided is accurate, resulting in new product & sale opportunities for our retailers. · Enter retailer orders, ensuring store #’s & qualities are accurate, resulting in few credits & increased sale opportunities for our retailers. · Provided customer service to retailers & vendors, ensuring positive interactions between both parties, resulting in a strong partnership for all involved. Buyer Assistant Duties: · Track open Purchase Orders by contacting vendors & carriers, reducing the amount of late purchase orders, resulting in product received on time for shipping retailer orders. · Updating Purchase Orders with vendor cuts or delayed delivery dates, decreasing P.O. discrepancies & late deliveries, resulting accurate deliveries & reduced accounting errors. · Review Buyer Inventory Reports, rekeying any cut orders due to inventory outs & pushing out orders due to late P.O.’s, resulting in less inventory overages & fewer cut orders. · Create Purchase Orders on request from the buyer, relieving excess burdens, resulting in fewer mistakes & higher productivity for the HBC team. Category Management Assistant Duties: · Request, create & accept DemandTec deals for accruals & show deals, ensuring accrual & deal amounts are accurate, resulting in correct deal amounts passed on to the retailer & billed correctly to the vendor. · Compile Business Review data, providing accurate funding & purchase order information, resulting in smooth communication between the Category Manager & the vendor regarding business plans. · Assist the Category Manager on various projects, which allows them to focus on larger complex projects, resulting in an organized team which provides accurate information & decreased errors in all facets of the category. Additional Duties: · Create or proof sale information & PowerPoint presentations for Digital Deals, correcting information as needed, resulting in a polished & professional presentation. · Set-up Digital Deals in Sales Force, providing accurate information for the retailer, resulting in increased sale opportunities. · Assist the other Merchandising Assistant within the HBC category during slow times, providing a my knowledge & expertise, resulting in unified team environment. · Other various duties, providing a productive work environment, resulting in positive interactions between departments.
- Merchandising Assistant at Valu Merchandisers
11 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Psychology
Worked with Soccer and Multi-Sport team buyers to build new items and ensure items receive all necessary images, copy and customization set up to go online.
Process, adjust, and track purchase orders, including continual communication with the Team Sales department and vendors.
Facilitate enhancements to club forecasting system and perform data entry to ensure accurate record-keeping.
Work with Purchasing Operations group to fix issues with product pricing, copy, images, and purchase orders.
·Manage fill-in orders, check product availability, and assist in scheduling and creating futures orders with vendors.
· Proof catalog as needed and assist with print merchandising.
· Track and manage promo orders with vendors.
· Change and validate price changes in system and on the web.
Strong understanding of retail math, including analyzing margins, inventory turn, sell- through, fill rate, mark-ups and mark-downs.
· Ability to work well independently or in a team and a proactive, self-starter.
Attention to detail and follow through.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
•Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
•Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
•Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
•Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
•Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
•Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
•Integrity - Ability to be truthful, maintain high level of confidentiality and be seen as credible in the workplace.
•Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
•Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
•Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work in a timely fashion. During my time as a Merchandising Assistant I helped manage, style, and coordinate several key photo shoots using my knowledge of the products, there sell dates, and brand knowledge. I was also key in working on and assisting during the shoots keeping wardrobe and models organized.
- Merchandising Assistant at Sports Endeavors
- Team Sales Service Representative at Sports Endeavors, Inc
- Residence Hall Desk Attendant at UNC Wilmington Housing and Residence Life
- UNC Wilmington Student Media at Krazy Pizza
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
• Plan commercial displays to entice and appeal to customers
• Consult with store managers and sales associates to determine appropriate placement of displays or products
• Supervise or train staff members on daily tasks, such as visual merchandising
• Key holder
• Sales floor guidance and peer direction
• Take ownership of assigned area in order to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for customers
- Merchandising Assistant at JC Penney
- Medical Assisting Student Externship at Growing Child Pediatrics
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting - Medical Assisting
• Anticipated and planned for department seasonal needs.
• Organized store merchandise racks by size, style and color to promote visually appealing environment.
• Conducted weekly walk-throughs with [Job title] to discuss interior visual displays, including store window presentation.
• Stocked and replenished merchandise according to store merchandising layouts.
• Shared best practices for sales and customer service with other team members to help improve the store’s efficiency.
• Maintained established merchandising standards, including window, sales floor and promotional displays.
• Determined customer needs by asking relevant questions and listening actively to the responses.
• Educated customers about the brand to incite excitement about the company’s mission and values.
- Merchandising Assistant at JCPenney
- Bookkeeper, Customer Service, Cashier at Kroger
- Cashier at Walmart
9 months at this Job
- None - Computer Science
- High school
Responsible for merchandising, new store openings, vendor relations, product sales, business and marketing analysis for a fast growing chain of upscale candy stores
• Soup to nuts for assuring the smooth operation of existing stores and the efficient opening of new stores
- Merchandising Assistant at LOLLI AND POPS
- Chinese-English Teacher's Assistant at PHILADELPHIA CHINESE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
- Radio Host and Technical Assistance Crew Member at PHILADELPHIA CHINESE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
- VP of Finance and Executive Board Member at PENN ASIAN REVIEW JOURNAL
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts and Science - Mandarin Chinese and Japanese Dual
- - Research Grant
- - Chinese Language Only Pledge
- - Chinese language
• Support merchandisers to assist them in their weekly tasks, involving the Merchandising and Marketing plan for the East Coast independent base
• Work extensively in Excel/Microsoft Office to compile vendor contracts and create in-store ad flyers
• Ensure that the team plugs all upcoming deals, off invoices, and customized pricing; confirm strong integrity with the customer base.
• Communicate with vendors and customers on a daily basis
- Merchandising Assistant at C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Assistant Store Manager at Maurices
- Manager Intern at Maurices
- Sales Associate at Maurices
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Fashion Merchandising & Management
Responsibilities include the daily running of specialty department operations, inventory control, loss prevention, merchandising and resets, product installs, customer service, store opening and closing procedures, key carrying manager on duty, vault verification, team leadership, associate recognition, review writing and development. Other positions held were Specialty Assistant Store Manager, Department Supervisor Lawn and Garden, Department Supervisor Flooring, Department Supervisor Plumbing, Sales Associate and Freight Associate. I have proven track record for driving departments to positive comps and beating sales plans.
- Merchandising Assistant Store Manager at The Home Depot Store 3804
- Water Distribution Utility Worker at Hawaii Water Service Company
- at Self Employed
- Project Warranty Supervisor at Spencer Homes Waikapu
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- BSc - Marine Biology
- - Marine Biology
- - Nova Scotia Canada Marine Biology
I started in product selection at the warehouse but now I work with returns for the merchandising department . I save return for credit items and donate all other products. I also work with donation groups to help them get everything they need.
- Merchandising Assistant at Pet Food Express
- Lab Technician/ packaging at Gold drop
- Kitchen helper at Hana Japanese Steakhouse
- Line cook at Skates on the Bay
10 months at this Job