obtain a full-time position with an industry leader that offers potential for growth where I can exercise my supervisory and engineering skills, expand my knowledge base, and help the firm achieve its goals in a more efficient manner.
Principal Metallurgical Engineer April 2014 to Present
Aker Solutions Inc., USA
• Review technical tender documents and negotiate concessions with customer's engineer to make a certain material selections in regards of welding, fabrication ,CRA overlay as needed. Serve as an active participant on projects.
• Perform Critical Assessments and rating (ECA) and/or Fitness for Service (FFS) assessments using fracture mechanics principles. Determine, probability of materials, components failure and consequence of failure
• Participate in design reviews of parts and/or assemblies. Responsible for quality, selection materials, specifications, Subsea equipments e.g. X-Tree, wellhead, Manifold, Distributions, control system , umbilical , riser, flow line and FSPOs. Support Supply Chain with specifications & materials review.
• Develop new and / or revise specifications for quality control, forging , welding (processes: GMAW,FCAW, GTAW, PTAW,SMAW,SAW) , coatings(insulate& uninsulated) ,heat treatment & painting parts ,fabrication, assembly and related issue to meet current requirements. Conduct metallurgical failure analysis of parts and / or materials returned from the field in the service center (SLS).
• Conduct metallurgical investigations of materials to establish compliance with specifications and standards.
• Participate in new project proposal studies on prospective product development, providing materials support.
• Review and approve of Contractor, and sub-contractors, manufactures qualifications related to offshore materials, properties & welding specifications, test reports, and processing, associated documentation, and non-destructive examination (NDE:MT,UT,PT, RT and VT) for compliance with standards, specifications and deviation.
• Interface with project management and clients to resolve ,fabrication and manufacturing of materials ,coating, painting &welding processing and / or material quality problems ,new product development
• Experience work closely with FEA teams, fatigue full scale testing , application and verification.
• In-depth knowledge of API 6A (ISO 10423), API (e.g. 6A CRA, RP582, 577 RP,580,570,578, API RP 6HT,API RP 2FPS (FPSO),API 2A-WSD ,API 2H,2T, 2Y), ISO 15156 (NACE MR 0175), NACE MR 0103, ISO 21457, ISO 13628, ISO 15614, ASME (e.g. Sec IX, VIII, B31.1, B31.3), ASTM, DNV (e.g. DNVGL-RP-0034), DNV-OS-B101,OS-F101, NORSOK (e.g. M-001, M-630. M650), PED, Pressure equipment defectively
• Qualification of welding & forging supplier. Developed and implement welding Processes. Proficient in material & welding specification development for metals, heat treatment, forging & surface modification practices.
• Extensive knowledge of international standards and society specifications and ensures of specifications and standards are applied to all related mechanical testing of materials, fracture mechanism ,coatings & painting.
• Review finding corrosion, identify corrosion and damage mechanisms, and recommend construction material for repair and replacement. Corrosion control and monitoring.
• Responsible for management and implementation of Quality Assurance for all projects, related to subsea equipment to include trees, wellheads, FSPO, subsea controls, umbilical, and / or manifolds, per in accordance with e.g. API 6A, API 17D and all related API codes, and DNVGL-RP-0034 for manufacturing of forging parts.
• Audit manufacturers' capability to be a part of QSL.
• Review and evaluate the quality of project activities to meet the QA criteria
• Coordinate with management board and project teams to assess requirements and engage in project review and status meetings
• Design track and collect metrics to monitor project quality.
• Measure the quality of product; ensure the product meet the customer expectations
• Evaluation and approve the Engineering, Fabrication and Construction suppliers' Quality Management test plans
• Work with quality program such as ISO 9001-2015 (Risk based thinking). Highly experienced in quality assurance of subsea equipment.
• Works closely with shop inspectors, company and site engineers, technical specialists, and quality engineers to resolve quality related issues. Responsible for all quality management activities associated with assigned supplier on behalf of on-going procurement activities. Accountable for working with assigned supplier to develop and implement supplier improvement activities and assist the quality management to develop and implement risk- based auditing program.
• Interface with the project quality teams, providing regular update on quality related issue with the projects and equipment delivery, resolves issues , to ensure non-conformances are properly categorized and disposition
• Prepared Inspection test plans (ITP's) and / or approved and ensured implementation of the plans. e.g. Per DNVGL-RP-0034 and API 20B for forging 20C,20 A,20 E, 20 for parts and also manufacturing processes.
• Participate in Non-conformance incident root cause analysis and facilitate cross-functional failure investigations and corrective / preventing actions.
• Interpret design engineering data (including blueprint, bills of material, specifications) and customer requirements.
• Conduct technical audits at suppliers facility and internal audits. e.g. forge masters. Work with SAP system.
- Principal Metallurgical Engineer at Aker Solutions Inc
- Senior Welding Engineer at Pentair
- Welding Engineer/Metallurgical Engineer at Dresser Rand Gimpel Valve
- Quality Engineer, Metallurgist at RTI Fab international
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. in Metallurgy Engineering - Metallurgy Engineering
Title: Supplier Quality Engineering \ Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract Responsibilities:
• Work directly with suppliers for problem solving, distortion issues, PPAP, capacity issues, etc., relating to heat treating, powder metal and plastics suppliers. Familiar with GQTS/SQMS for quality tracking and ppap / run @ rate (GP9), etrack tool for tracking various supplier due dates, SPCR system for Supplier Process Changes. Manage APQP process including PFD's, PFMEA's and CP's. On site CQI 9 assessment of heat treat suppliers.
- Supplier Quality Engineering \ Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract at Pontiac Head Quarters
- Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract at Willow Run Transmission
- Metallurgical Consultant and Service Engineer at Willow Run Transmission
- Senior Metallurgical / Manufacturing Engineer at Willow Run Transmission
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS degree - Metallurgical Engineering Technology
Department of Physics
•Provided leadership and mentoring to younger students
•Developed software computing catalytic reaction pathways over complex potential energy surfaces
•Developed software to optimize EDS analysis for light atomic mass atoms
•Developed evaporation lithography techniques as part of a multi step process to create close packed vertical silicon nanowires.
•Developed detachment lithography to produced close packed vertical silicon nanowires as part of gas sensor technology
•Analyzed materials with SEM and TEM to inform process development
•Supported operations of level 100 cleanroom
- Metallurgical Engineer at University of Washington
- Metallurgical Engineer at Dynomax Inc
- R&D Engineer at Modern Electron
- Materials Engineer at Molex llc
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- M.S. in Condensed Matter Physics - Condensed Matter Physics
- B.S. in Physics - Physics
Provided metallurgical engineering support to CTC Auburn Hills, MI. * Performed heat treatment process development, including carburizing, vacuumed carburizing, direct hardening, and induction hardening process. * Wrought steel, power train, Engine and Heat-treat support. * Working on lightweight Powder Metal and Additive Metal technology * Working with several Additive manufacturing process for prototype component like Binder jetting, Direct Metal Deposit (DMD), Directed Energy Deposition (DED), Electron beam additive melting (EBAM), Powder Bed Fusion such as Direct metal laser sintering (DMLS), Electron beam melting (EBM), Selective heat sintering (SHS), Selective laser melting (SLM) and Selective laser sintering (SLS). * Crankshaft Leaser Hardening Green Technology Development. * Induction Hardening New Process Developments. * Current Process Improvement (CPI) and New Process Implementation (NPI) for Automotive Components and process * Engineering Support Engine and Powertrain Components. * Failure Analysis of any Automotive Components. * Valve seat laser cladding process development on the Aluminum head for New Process improvements. * Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF) Corporate Member. * Work with design engineers, quality engineers, and suppliers to develop test plans and conduct testing. * Hands on experience with materials test all laboratory equipment and processes such as SEM, ICP, EDS, EBSD, IGF, Micrography, ICP, pycnometer, PSD measurement, XRF, and OES. * Support current product issues and new product development related to metals. * Working with Design and FEA team to cost saving/light weight program for existing engine and power train components.
- Advance Senior Metallic Materials/Metallurgical engineer at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automotives
- Senior Engineer, R&D EMT, AMT at Caterpillar, Inc
- Chief Metallurgist at Michigan Production Machining, Inc
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Metallurgical Engineering
Read and interpreted blueprints using ASME and ISO standards for large steel cast parts. ❖ Performed capability analysis in Minitab using CMM data collected from the cast parts. ❖ Designed and modelled fixtures to move and manipulate parts. Decreased damage and improved safety. ❖ Streamlined product inspection using rapid prototyping for templates and gages. ❖ Implemented Lean Six Sigma to operator feedback for process improvements to reduce part handling and inspection time. ❖ Projects over 6-month internship resulted in ~$107,405 in company savings.
Read and interpreted blueprints using ASME and ISO standards for large steel cast parts.
❖ Performed capability analysis in Minitab using CMM data collected from the cast parts.
❖ Designed and modelled fixtures to move and manipulate parts. Decreased damage and improved safety.
❖ Streamlined product inspection using rapid prototyping for templates and gages.
❖ Implemented Lean Six Sigma to operator feedback for process improvements to reduce part handling and inspection time.
❖ Projects over 6-month internship resulted in ~$107,405 in company savings.
- Dimensional & Metallurgical Engineer at PCC Structurals LPC-Steel
- Design Engineer / Project Manager at Benchmade Knife Company
- Firefighter Type 2 - Sawyer class A at Miller Timber Services Inc
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
* Design and conduct failure analysis and provide engineering solution for internal/customer claim. * Coordinate internal/external audits (NADCAP, BOEING, etc.). * Lead project of establishing new heat treatment line and dry film lubrication line. * Supervise daily heat treat/degreasing production and design heat treat recipe for materials including CS, SS, Ti, Al, Ni alloys.
- Metallurgical Engineer/Processing Supervisor at LISI-AEROSPACE
- at APPLE
- Metallurgist & Laboratory Supervisor at ATLAS EVAULATION & INSPECTION SERIVICES
- University Lecturer at ATLAS EVAULATION & INSPECTION SERIVICES
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering - Material Science and Engineering
- Bachelors of Science in Material Science and Engineering - Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineer at Ford Motor Company
- Resident STA Engineer at Ford Motor Company
- Site STA Engineer at Ford Motor Company
- Metallurgist I at Freeport McMoRan
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Chemical Engineering
• Developed a metallurgical, chemistry failure analysis, and technical support program for all US Airways Fleet Aircraft Maintenance. Identified over 500 root cause failures of aircraft structures, engines, APU's, landing gear, Interior cargo /cabin areas, and electrical components.
• Implemented main aircraft engine chip analysis program for all fleets-types. Outside labs near significant maintenance centers were contracted to provide 24/7 Scanning Electron Microscope/Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy analysis of critical metals. This program prevented multi-million dollars engine failures during aircraft flight.
• Researched and developed an onboard aircraft Carbon/HEPA filter that captures harmful solid particulate and dangerous engine and APU gas emissions. Did not require existing aircraft design changes to accommodate new filters. This development meets FAA approval and is now an industry standard.
• Was lead Engineer that put into action a microbial test and treat program to reduce and prevent microbe colonization in jet fuel tanks. Out of control microbes can cause interference of fuel flow in aircraft engine components during flight. FAA was so impressed with the program that they awarded the US Airways team the FAA Regional and National Flight Safety Award.
• Solved major aircraft onboard electrical failures and prevented the FAA from grounding certain fleet types.
• Participated in NTSB, FAA, and litigation accidents' investigation involving US Airways/American Airlines aircraft and equipment resulting in millions of dollars in damage to equipment and serious injury to people.
• Coordinated an accelerated training program for both male and female Coop engineering students to gain actual engineer work experience. Upon graduation all of these Coops obtained full time internal and external engineering positions.
- Senior Fleet Metallurgical Engineer at US Airways/American Airlines
- Senior Manufacturing and Product Engineer at Engineering Accomplishments
- at Engineering Accomplishments
22 years, 8 months at this Job
- BSME - Material Science and Engineering
- Running daily Metallurgical production balance/accounting sheet on gold CIP plant - Prepare daily plant production reports for management in the absence of Plant Manager - Review and documentation of plant sampling procedure - Writing of operational Manuals for training of employees on each unit process i.e. Crusher circuit, Milling circuit, leach circuit, recovery circuit, Gravity circuit, and Refinery - Maintenance- pumps, motors, greasing of drives, mill liner replacement, crushers, process instrumentation and control - Carbon fouling test, reactivation of carbon simulation test, acid wash before kiln activation - Kiln activation before acid wash - Bottleroll test and statistical comparison of data on ore to be purchase from Elkhorn Goldfields - Re-drawing of process flowsheet - Plant optimization using JKsimmet software
- Metallurgical Engineer at Placerdome - Golden Sunlight Mines, Inc
- Metallurgical Projects Consultant at Gold fields Ghana Limited
- Assistant Projects Manager at Gold fields Ghana Limited
- Principal Investigator at Gold fields Ghana Limited
1 year at this Job
- PhD - Hydrometallurgy
- Master of Science - Environmental Engineering
- Master of Science - Metallurgical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Metallurgical & Material Sc. Engineering
* Manage projects by preparing electronic reports with results, photo-documentation, conclusions and collaborating with others on a timely basis. * Delegating tasks to entry-level employees or interns to help further their technical and communication skills. * Provide failure analysis and material evaluation of automotive components in support of product launches, durability concerns, and engineering. * Prepare and evaluate ferrous and non-ferrous metallographic samples using ASTM and local procedures. * Provide failure analysis and material evaluation of automotive components in support of product launches, durability concerns and engineering. * Operate a variety of metallographic and physical testing equipment during destructive and non-destructive sample preparation procedures. * Analyze and characterize inorganic materials using x-ray fluorescence (XRF) and Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES) and Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS) techniques. * Regularly facilitate meetings to review testing and results with engineers and suppliers. * Develop and revise standard and operating procedures for laboratory equipment. * Organize and manage radiation badges and protective equipment for employees and laboratory machines.
- Metallurgical Engineer at Ford Motor Company
- Chassis Materials Engineer -Steering at Ford Motor Company
- Product Technology Intern at United States Steel Corporation
- Apprentice Engineer II (Co-op) at DENSO
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S.E. in Materials Science and Engineering - Materials Science and Engineering
- M.S.E in Automotive Systems Engineering - Automotive Systems & Manufacturing Process