Working as a Metallurgical Engineer has given me a wide range of knowledge in the mineral processing industry. Along with day to day production optimization, I participated on teams focused on quarterly projection analysis, budgeting, and on site safety training. In addition to working as a full time Metallurgical Engineer, I also have three summers of internship experience with Freeport-McMoRan where I developed excellent skills in cross-discipline communication. As an intern, I oversaw several small projects, all which had a positive result that benefited the company.
- Metallurgical Engineer I at Freeport- McMoRan
- Chemistry Lab Teaching Assistant at Montana Tech of the University of Montana
- Receptionist at Pierce Carpet Mill Outlet
- Weekend Manager at Subway
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
obtain a full-time position with an industry leader that offers potential for growth where I can exercise my supervisory and engineering skills, expand my knowledge base, and help the firm achieve its goals in a more efficient manner.
Principal Metallurgical Engineer April 2014 to Present
Aker Solutions Inc., USA
Review technical tender documents and negotiate concessions with customer as needed. Serve as an active participant on project teams. Participate in design reviews of parts and / or assemblies. Responsible for quality, selection materials, specifications, Subsea equipments e.g. X-Tree, wellhead, Manifold, Distributions, control system and
FSPOs. Support Supply Chain with specifications & materials review and new specifications as required.
• Develop new and / or revise specifications for quality control, forging , welding , coating, heat treatment & painting parts to meet current requirements. Conduct metallurgical failure analysis of parts and / or materials returned from the field in the service center (SLS).
• Conduct metallurgical investigations of materials to establish compliance with specifications and standards.
• Participate in new project proposal studies on prospective product development, providing materials discipline support.
• Review and approve of Contractor and sub-contractor material & welding test reports, materials properties and processing, associated documentation, and non-destructive examination (NDE) for compliance with standards, specifications and deviation.
• Interface with project management and clients to resolve materials ,coating, painting &welding processing and / or material quality problems ,new product development , internal and external.
• Interface with client engineer (s) to make certain that material selections are appropriate for the application with regard to welding, fabrication and or overlay welding (CRA) of parts and equipment.
• In-depth knowledge of API 6A (ISO 10423), API (e.g. 6A CRA, RP582, 577 RP,580,570,578, API RP 6HT,API RP 2FPS (FPSO),API 2A-WSD ,API 2H,2T, 2Y), ISO 15156 (NACE MR 0175), ISO 21457, ISO 13628, ISO 15614, ASME (e.g. Sec. IX, VIII, B31.1, B31.3), ASTM, DNV (e.g. DNVGL-RP-0034, DNV-OS-B101, OS- F101,), NORSOK (e.g. M-001M-630, M650). PED (European regulation ), pressure equipment defectively
• Qualification of welding & forging supplier. Developed and implement welding Processes. Proficient in material & welding specification development for metals, heat treatment, forging & surface modification practices.
• Extensive knowledge of international standards and society specifications and ensures of specifications and standards are applied to all related mechanical testing of materials and coatings & painting. Review finding corrosion, identify corrosion and damage mechanisms, and recommend construction material for repair and replacement. Corrosion control and monitoring.
• Responsible for management and implementation of Quality Assurance for all projects, related to subsea equipment to include trees, wellheads, FSPO, subsea controls, umbilical, and / or manifolds, per in accordance with e.g. API 6A, API 17D and all related API codes, and DNVGL-RP-0034 for manufacturing of forging parts. Audit manufacturers' capability to be a part of QSL.
• Work with quality program such as ISO 9001-2015 (Risk based thinking). Highly experienced in quality assurance of subsea equipment.
• Works closely with shop inspectors, company and site engineers, technical specialists, and quality engineers to resolve quality related issues. Responsible for all quality management activities associated with assigned supplier on behalf of on-going procurement activities. Accountable for working with assigned supplier to develop and implement supplier improvement activities and assist the quality management to develop and implement risk- based auditing program.
• Assist all application engineers to assign criticality and risk for manufacturing of forging parts based on API 6A and NRSOSOK and DNV codes.
• Interface regularly with the project quality management teams providing regular update on quality related issue with the projects and equipment delivery.
• Resolves quality issues, interfacing with services, (suppliers and surveillance personnel, to ensure non- conformances are properly categorized and dispositioned (Concession, Quality notification) in timely manner.
• Prepared Inspection test plans (ITP's) and / or approved and ensured implementation of the plans. e.g. Per DNVGL-RP-0034 and API 20B for forging 20C,20 A,20 E, 20 for parts and also manufacturing processes.
• Participate in Non-conformance incident root cause analysis and facilitate cross-functional failure investigations and corrective / preventing actions. 1
• Assist quality engineers to ensure corrective action activities are correctly completed and effectively implemented.
• Interpret design engineering data (including blueprint, bills of material, specifications) and customer requirements.
• Conduct technical audits at suppliers facility and internal audits. e.g. forge masters. Work with SAP system.
- Principal Metallurgical Engineer at Aker Solutions Inc
- Senior Welding Engineer at Pentair
- Welding Engineer/Metallurgical Engineer at Dresser Rand Gimpel Valve
- Quality Engineer, Metallurgist at RTI Fab international
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. in Metallurgy Engineering - Metallurgy Engineering
Title: Supplier Quality Engineering \ Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract
• Work directly with suppliers for problem solving, distortion issues, PPAP, capacity issues, etc., relating to heat treating and powder metal suppliers. Familiar with GQTS/SQMS for quality tracking and ppap / run @ rate, etrack tool for tracking various supplier due dates and eTq for tracking SPCR's.
- Supplier Quality Engineering \ Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract at Pontiac Head Quarters
- Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract at Willow Run Transmission
- Metallurgical Consultant and Service Engineer at Willow Run Transmission
- Senior Metallurgical / Manufacturing Engineer at Willow Run Transmission
8 years at this Job
- BS degree - Metallurgical Engineering Technology
• Proficient in casting equipment operation and maintenance as part of research and customer service investigation campaigns.
• Project leader for an equipment size range expansion. I coordinated and conducted experiments to evaluate the performance of equipment designs and materials.
• Experience working with a team to design equipment to fit unique needs of a customer.
• Experience conducting customer complaint investigations, including material defect analysis, metallurgical analysis, corrosion evaluation, and process control assessments.
• Experience in preparing documents regarding product commissioning and quality guarantees.
• International business travel experience: While abroad I commissioned new equipment, presented experimental data, and participated in preliminary site evaluation meetings.
- R&D Metallurgical Engineer at Wagstaff Inc
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Materials Science and Engineering
Duties entail metallurgical functions of commercial airplane manufacturing including:
• Establishing complex requirements for materials and processes used in the manufacture of products.
• Establishing standards for specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of materials, parts and processes.
• Leading evaluation of emerging technologies for potential application to business needs.
• Establishing standards to qualify new materials, parts and processes to meet requirements.
• Leading integration of new technologies.
• Review and approval of test and audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements.
• Coordination of complex analysis to determine reasons for failures of materials, parts or processes.
• Coordination of broadly based corrective and preventive actions.
- Senior Metallurgical Engineer at The Boeing Company
- Senior Metallurgical Engineer at Wyman Gordon Forging Division of Precision Castparts Corporation
- Senior Metallurgical Engineer at Roller Bearing Company of America
- Plant Metallurgical Engineer / Sr. Stamping Process Engineer at Ford Motor Company
5 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Metallurgical Engineering - Metallurgical Engineering
Develops, troubleshoots, and improves ring rolling and open die forging processes of stainless steel,
titanium, aluminum, and nickel-based superalloys
• Performs metallurgical failure analysis and disposition of non-conforming product
• Ownership of new part introduction for major customers Safran Group, Boeing, and Honeywell. Previous experience with Pratt & Whitney and Rolls Royce. Performs risk analysis, contract review, process design, and qualification of new parts.
• Primary technical contact for applicable customers
• Arconic Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
- Metallurgical Engineer at Arconic Engines
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Materials Engineering
Responsibilities Corrosion test for stainless steels FEM simulation Work with QA lab on XRF and salt fog test Grain size analysis for stainless steels Materials evaluations Improve QUA documents based on ASTM stands Failure analysis for materials Roughness test PPAP Skills Used XRF, SEM/EDS, XRD, Microsoft office, Abaqus, Solid work
- Metallurgical Engineer at Weber-Stephen Products LLC
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Professional Master - Materials Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Applied Chemical Engineering
I worked as a metallurgist and conducted all kinds of laboratory test on iron and aluminium.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To carry out visual, DPT, Mechanical and metallurgical inspections inspects of steel and aluminium at Raw Material, As-forged, intermediate and final stages.
• Familiar with standard codes like ASTM, IS.
• Preparation of work plan and documentation as per standards.
• Interaction with third party inspectors and satisfy them to get final approval.
• Dye penetrant test on finished products if required by the customer.
• Developed new manufacturing practices and processes.
• Evaluated current processes and made necessary changes.
• Monitored plant and inspected its cleaning.
• Performed all quality tests to produce a quality product.
• Performed metallography to know the structure of material.
• Performed Heat treatment and verified the strength of materials.
• Performed internal inspection on the products to enhance the quality.
• Performed mechanical testings both destructive and Nondestructive tests. PROJECT 1: ISRO I have worked on a different type of aluminium and iron alloys which are of aerospace products to meet their respective requirements especially in all quality tests. PROJECT 2: NSTL I have worked on a project to implement a new development process named as RRA Retrogression and Re-aging on Aluminium (AA7150). PROJECT 3: A FINAL YEAR PROJECT I have done project on Effect of heat treatment on mechanical and corrosion properties of stainless steels. PROJECT 4: INTERNSHIP
• Title of Internship Project: Failure Analysis of Seamless pipe
• Duration: Two months (15 April 2013 to 15 June2013)
• Role: Worked as an active team member
• Name of the Organization: Visakhapatnam steel plant (INDIA).
• Place: Visakhapatnam. Description: Failures are common in different materials. In VSP final products and equipment which are failed are sent to lab for analysis. Metallography lab is one among them. Failure Analysis is done in this lab. We have done failure analysis on seamless pipe which is used in coal chemical plant. By detecting the failure, remedy action given to use the extruded pipe.
- METALLURGICAL ENGINEER(QA) at RACHAMALLU FORGINGS PVT LTD
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - METALLURGICAL AND MATERIALS ENGINEERING
• Validated temperature profiles to braze aluminum condensers and evaporators ◦ Reorganized model mixing between 3 furnaces to yield a greater brazing flexibility ◦ Improved condenser furnace throughput from 1000 parts/shift to 1200 parts/shift
• Worked as a member of an engineering initiative to reduce overall scrap by 50% Man-Power Reductions
• Reduced evaporator furnace manpower from 15 to 9 by utilizing a mixed model brazing profile and upgrading fluxing process
• Reduced condenser furnace manpower from 27 to 24 by upgrading fluxing process
• Reduced evaporator leak testing manpower from 10 to 8 by installing air knife system Metallurgical Analysis
• Determined brazing integrity of parts through cross-section analysis
• Determined defects for warranty analysis of condensers and evaporators Laboratory Testing
• Managed coating baths to be within specification via x-ray fluorescence and ion chromatography
• Managed degreaser bath chemicals to be within specification via titration
- Process and Metallurgical Engineer at Keihin Thermal Technologies
- at University of Cincinnati Tech Labs
- at University of Cincinnati Analytical Chemistry Instrumental Lab
- Permits and Compliance Intern at Greater Cincinnati Wastewater
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Sciences - Sciences
Coordinate materials verifications, evaluations and failure analyses for metallic materials used
primarily in energy and healthcare industries.
• Qualify various grades of additive manufactured metals through analysis of chemical, mechanical, and metallographic data.
• Write and review technical reports in accordance to a ISO/IEC 17025 accredited quality assurance program.
- Metallurgical Engineer at Lucideon
- Metallurgical Engineering Intern at Lucideon
- Student at RPI - Multidisciplinary Capstone Design
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Materials Science & Engineering