obtain a full-time position with an industry leader that offers potential for growth where I can exercise my supervisory and engineering skills, expand my knowledge base, and help the firm achieve its goals in a more efficient manner.
Principal Metallurgical Engineer April 2014 to Present
Aker Solutions Inc., USA
• Review technical tender documents and negotiate concessions with customer's engineer to make a certain material selections in regards of welding, fabrication ,CRA overlay as needed. Serve as an active participant on projects.
• Perform Critical Assessments and rating (ECA) and/or Fitness for Service (FFS) assessments using fracture mechanics principles. Determine, probability of materials, components failure and consequence of failure
• Participate in design reviews of parts and/or assemblies. Responsible for quality, selection materials, specifications, Subsea equipments e.g. X-Tree, wellhead, Manifold, Distributions, control system , umbilical , riser, flow line and FSPOs. Support Supply Chain with specifications & materials review.
• Develop new and / or revise specifications for quality control, forging , welding (processes: GMAW,FCAW, GTAW, PTAW,SMAW,SAW) , coatings(insulate& uninsulated) ,heat treatment & painting parts ,fabrication, assembly and related issue to meet current requirements. Conduct metallurgical failure analysis of parts and / or materials returned from the field in the service center (SLS).
• Conduct metallurgical investigations of materials to establish compliance with specifications and standards.
• Participate in new project proposal studies on prospective product development, providing materials support.
• Review and approve of Contractor, and sub-contractors, manufactures qualifications related to offshore materials, properties & welding specifications, test reports, and processing, associated documentation, and non-destructive examination (NDE:MT,UT,PT, RT and VT) for compliance with standards, specifications and deviation.
• Interface with project management and clients to resolve ,fabrication and manufacturing of materials ,coating, painting &welding processing and / or material quality problems ,new product development
• Experience work closely with FEA teams, fatigue full scale testing , application and verification.
• In-depth knowledge of API 6A (ISO 10423), API (e.g. 6A CRA, RP582, 577 RP,580,570,578, API RP 6HT,API RP 2FPS (FPSO),API 2A-WSD ,API 2H,2T, 2Y), ISO 15156 (NACE MR 0175), NACE MR 0103, ISO 21457, ISO 13628, ISO 15614, ASME (e.g. Sec IX, VIII, B31.1, B31.3), ASTM, DNV (e.g. DNVGL-RP-0034), DNV-OS-B101,OS-F101, NORSOK (e.g. M-001, M-630. M650), PED, Pressure equipment defectively
• Qualification of welding & forging supplier. Developed and implement welding Processes. Proficient in material & welding specification development for metals, heat treatment, forging & surface modification practices.
• Extensive knowledge of international standards and society specifications and ensures of specifications and standards are applied to all related mechanical testing of materials, fracture mechanism ,coatings & painting.
• Review finding corrosion, identify corrosion and damage mechanisms, and recommend construction material for repair and replacement. Corrosion control and monitoring.
• Responsible for management and implementation of Quality Assurance for all projects, related to subsea equipment to include trees, wellheads, FSPO, subsea controls, umbilical, and / or manifolds, per in accordance with e.g. API 6A, API 17D and all related API codes, and DNVGL-RP-0034 for manufacturing of forging parts.
• Audit manufacturers' capability to be a part of QSL.
• Review and evaluate the quality of project activities to meet the QA criteria
• Coordinate with management board and project teams to assess requirements and engage in project review and status meetings
• Design track and collect metrics to monitor project quality.
• Measure the quality of product; ensure the product meet the customer expectations
• Evaluation and approve the Engineering, Fabrication and Construction suppliers' Quality Management test plans
• Work with quality program such as ISO 9001-2015 (Risk based thinking). Highly experienced in quality assurance of subsea equipment.
• Works closely with shop inspectors, company and site engineers, technical specialists, and quality engineers to resolve quality related issues. Responsible for all quality management activities associated with assigned supplier on behalf of on-going procurement activities. Accountable for working with assigned supplier to develop and implement supplier improvement activities and assist the quality management to develop and implement risk- based auditing program.
• Interface with the project quality teams, providing regular update on quality related issue with the projects and equipment delivery, resolves issues , to ensure non-conformances are properly categorized and disposition
• Prepared Inspection test plans (ITP's) and / or approved and ensured implementation of the plans. e.g. Per DNVGL-RP-0034 and API 20B for forging 20C,20 A,20 E, 20 for parts and also manufacturing processes.
• Participate in Non-conformance incident root cause analysis and facilitate cross-functional failure investigations and corrective / preventing actions.
• Interpret design engineering data (including blueprint, bills of material, specifications) and customer requirements.
• Conduct technical audits at suppliers facility and internal audits. e.g. forge masters. Work with SAP system.
- Principal Metallurgical Engineer at Aker Solutions Inc
- Senior Welding Engineer at Pentair
- Welding Engineer/Metallurgical Engineer at Dresser Rand Gimpel Valve
- Quality Engineer, Metallurgist at RTI Fab international
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. in Metallurgy Engineering - Metallurgy Engineering
Title: Supplier Quality Engineering \ Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract Responsibilities:
• Work directly with suppliers for problem solving, distortion issues, PPAP, capacity issues, etc., relating to heat treating and powder metal suppliers. Familiar with GQTS/SQMS for quality tracking and ppap / run @ rate, etrack tool for tracking various supplier due dates and SPCR system for Supplier Process Changes. On site CQI 9 assessment of heat treat suppliers.
- Supplier Quality Engineering \ Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract at Pontiac Head Quarters
- Metallurgical Engineer \ Contract at Willow Run Transmission
- Metallurgical Consultant and Service Engineer at Willow Run Transmission
- Senior Metallurgical / Manufacturing Engineer at Willow Run Transmission
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS degree - Metallurgical Engineering Technology
-Evaluate macro- and microstructural properties of client supplied products using metallurgical/polymer tests per ASTM Standards -Assess failure modes, root causes, and fractography of failed parts using (non-)destructive tests (e.g. SEM/EDS, stereo/microscopy) -Document and submit research and analysis findings in client-oriented reports; Verify instrumentation per ASTM standards
- Metallurgical Engineer at ATRONA Test Labs, Inc.
- Undergraduate Researcher at Clemson University
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Materials Science and Engineering
- Associate in Science - General Science
• Proficient in casting equipment operation and maintenance as part of research and customer service investigation campaigns.
• Project leader for an equipment size range expansion. I coordinated and conducted experiments to evaluate the performance of equipment designs and materials.
• Experience working with a team to design equipment to fit unique needs of a customer.
• Experience conducting customer complaint investigations, including material defect analysis, metallurgical analysis, corrosion evaluation, and process control assessments.
• Experience in preparing documents regarding product commissioning and quality guarantees.
• International business travel experience: While abroad I commissioned new equipment, presented experimental data, and participated in preliminary site evaluation meetings.
- R&D Metallurgical Engineer at Wagstaff Inc
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Materials Science and Engineering
Created capital project to install new table blast with cost reduction of $88K. ♦ Updated price structure to improve furnace rates up to 10%. ♦ Initiated and implemented business case for CAPEX equipment purchases worth $500K in 2018. ♦ Identified and solved a potential OSHA safety violation regarding confined space entry.
- Metallurgical Engineer at Regal Beloit Corporation
- President / Owner at Stewart Restorations, Inc
- Heat Treat Manager at P&H Mining
- Manufacturing Manager at Signicast LLC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Metallurgical Engineering
Duties entail metallurgical functions of commercial airplane manufacturing including:
• Establishing complex requirements for materials and processes used in the manufacture of products.
• Establishing standards for specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of materials, parts and processes.
• Leading evaluation of emerging technologies for potential application to business needs.
• Establishing standards to qualify new materials, parts and processes to meet requirements.
• Leading integration of new technologies.
• Review and approval of test and audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements.
• Coordination of complex analysis to determine reasons for failures of materials, parts or processes.
• Coordination of broadly based corrective and preventive actions.
- Senior Metallurgical Engineer at The Boeing Company
- Senior Metallurgical Engineer at Wyman Gordon Forging Division of Precision Castparts Corporation
- Senior Metallurgical Engineer at Roller Bearing Company of America
- Plant Metallurgical Engineer / Sr. Stamping Process Engineer at Ford Motor Company
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Metallurgical Engineering - Metallurgical Engineering
Provided metallurgical engineering support to CTC Auburn Hills, MI. * Performed heat treatment process development, including carburizing, vacuumed carburizing, direct hardening, and induction hardening process. * Wrought steel, power train, Engine and Heat-treat support. * Working on lightweight Powder Metal and Additive Metal technology * Working with several Additive manufacturing process for prototype component like Binder jetting, Direct Metal Deposit (DMD), Directed Energy Deposition (DED), Electron beam additive melting (EBAM), Powder Bed Fusion such as Direct metal laser sintering (DMLS), Electron beam melting (EBM), Selective heat sintering (SHS), Selective laser melting (SLM) and Selective laser sintering (SLS). * Crankshaft Leaser Hardening Green Technology Development. * Induction Hardening New Process Developments. * Current Process Improvement (CPI) and New Process Implementation (NPI) for Automotive Components and process * Engineering Support Engine and Powertrain Components. * Failure Analysis of any Automotive Components. * Valve seat laser cladding process development on the Aluminum head for New Process improvements. * Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF) Corporate Member. * Work with design engineers, quality engineers, and suppliers to develop test plans and conduct testing. * Hands on experience with materials test all laboratory equipment and processes such as SEM, ICP, EDS, EBSD, IGF, Micrography, ICP, pycnometer, PSD measurement, XRF, and OES. * Support current product issues and new product development related to metals. * Working with Design and FEA team to cost saving/light weight program for existing engine and power train components.
- Advance Senior Metallic Materials/Metallurgical engineer at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automotives
- Senior Engineer, R&D EMT, AMT at Caterpillar, Inc
- Chief Metallurgist at Michigan Production Machining, Inc
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Metallurgical Engineering
Responsibilities Gathered ore samples from grinding and flotation circuits Particle size distribution analysis Analyzed and presented data
- Metallurgical Engineer Intern at ASARCO LLC
- Lab assistant at Center for Advanced Mineral & Metallurgical Processing (CAMP)
2 months at this Job
- - Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
Daily RIP Board Activities
• Day-to-Day scrap reduction by effective communication with production team members
• Validated temperature profiles to braze aluminum condensers and evaporators ◦ Reorganized model mixing between 3 furnaces to yield a greater brazing flexibility ◦ Improved condenser furnace throughput from 1000 parts/shift to 1200 parts/shift
• Worked as a member of an engineering initiative to reduce overall scrap by 50% Project Management
• Reduced evaporator furnace manpower from 15 to 9 by utilizing a mixed model brazing profile and upgrading the fluxing (chemical cleaning) process
• Reduced condenser furnace manpower from 27 to 24 by upgrading fluxing process
• Reduced evaporator leak testing manpower from 10 to 8 by implementing air knife system Metallurgical Analysis
• Determined brazing integrity of parts through cross-section analysis
• Determined defects for warranty analysis of condensers and evaporators Laboratory Testing
• Managed coating baths to be within specification via x-ray fluorescence and ion chromatography
• Managed degreaser bath chemicals to be within specification via titration
- Process and Metallurgical Engineer at Keihin Thermal Technologies
- at University of Cincinnati Tech Labs
- at University of Cincinnati Analytical Chemistry Instrumental Lab
- Permits and Compliance Intern at Greater Cincinnati Wastewater
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Sciences - Sciences
Read and interpreted blueprints using ASME and ISO standards for large steel cast parts. ❖ Performed capability analysis in Minitab using CMM data collected from the cast parts. ❖ Designed and modelled fixtures to move and manipulate parts. Decreased damage and improved safety. ❖ Designed and modelled templates for ease of measurement/alignment within production process. ❖ Collected floor operator feedback for process improvements Collaborated with floor operators daily ❖ Projects over 6-month internship resulted in ~$107,405 in company savings.
- Dimensional & Metallurgical Engineer at PCC Structurals LPC-Steel
- Design Engineer at Benchmade Knife Company
- Firefighter Type 2 - Sawyer class A at Miller Timber Services Inc
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
- None - Pre-Engineering