Sahuarita, Arizona Metallurgist September 2017 - Present Worked with the Technical Services Group on implementing process improvements largely focused on product quality, daily operations, and the reduction of operational costs. Supported operations in various processing areas including a ferric chloride leach circuit, molybdenum roasters and corresponding off-gas scrubbing systems, molybdenum flotation circuit, and rhenium processing plant converting SPR to APR. Acted as a project manager on 3 different projects in different process areas and as a mentor to a new hire Metallurgist.
- Metallurgist at Climax Engineered Materials
- Chemistry Intern at Climax Engineered Materials
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Chemistry
Hot Strip Mill Product Metallurgist Joined a metallurgist group in flux and quickly assumed responsibility for analyzing failing product and using statistical methods to suggest solutions. Responsible for reviewing all hot rolled steel, and metallurgical coding (met coding) for all hot rolled steel orders.
• Analyzed mechanical properties for a difficult to produce alloy and presented an action plan to upper-level management which resulted in improved performance.
• Accepted new responsibilities in a work environment in flux; familiarized self with caster product review and met coding for galvanized and galvannealed product to cover for unexpected absences.
• Reduced process loss on material sent to secondary processors by 50% by improving communication and oversight.
• Responsible for working with shipping and customer service to manage system integration issues related to moving to parent company's production management system
- Product Metallurgist at AK Steel Dearborn Works
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Chemical Engineering
• Leads with the analysis of various types of materials on a macroscopic and microscopic level
• Assists in the preparation of metallurgical samples
• Reads and interprets part drawings and specifications to determine material qualifications
• Engages with sales representative to determine the type of testing required to fulfill customer needs
• Engages with customers via phone and email to ensure that their specific needs are met
• Attends meetings to determine execution plans for larger scale projects
• Communicates with other departments in order to ensure projects are completed
• Participates in 5S events to ensure and maintain a lean work environment
- Metallurgist at ELEMENT MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Materials Science and Engineering
Microstructure characterization -Metallography - Mechanical properties characterization (Tensile testing -Hardness)- Heat treatment- development of new alloys snd control the continously casting of metals - problem solving of all metallurgical issues internally and external.
- Metallurgist at AVIVA Metals
- Quality Metallurgical HT Engineer at Precision Resources
- Quality Metallurgical Engineer at Grenville Castings - Magna international
- Metallurgist IV at Royal Military College of Canada
1 month at this Job
- Masters - Mechanical Engineering
- Master - Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc - Metallurgical Engineering
• Perform microstructural and macrostructural analysis of superalloys and other metals used for high performance aerospace components.
• Ensure quality of components are compliant with customer/buyer specifications, blueprints and test plans.
• Tasks outside of main duties include providing assistance to managers and technicians, maintaining strong customer relations, managing work flow, and assuring a clean and safe work environment.
• Manage duties in a high-volume, fast-paced laboratory in a company focused on excellent customer service, quality, and delivery.
- Metallurgist at Element Materials Technology
- Materials Specialist at UCI Khine Lab
- Private Tutor at
3 years at this Job
- BS - Materials Science and Engineering
Conducted failure analysis and reverse engineering using OM, SEM / EDS, hardness testing,
combustion analysis to serve Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Pipeline industries around Houston and nationwide
• Provided field metallurgical services, such as PMI (Positive Material Identification), heat treatment verification, XRF material composition, microstructure and hardness
- Metallurgist at PMI SPECIALISTS, INC
- Metallurgist, Metallurgical Lab Manager at ELEMENT MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY
- Material Engineer at BAKER HUGHES INC
1 year at this Job
- Doctor of Engineering - (D.Eng.), Material Science and Engineering
- Master of Engineering - (M.Eng.), Metallic Materials and Heat Treatment
- Bachelor of Engineering - (B.Eng.), Metallic Materials and Heat Treatment
· Defined processes for manufacturing products according to customer specifications. · Technical support to customers to identify the products and practices that meet their needs. · Managed and investigate customer complaints.
- Metallurgist at United Aluminum Corporation
- Superintendent at Process Engineering and Development
- Head Unit Process Engineering at
- Process Engineer Smelter and Refinery at
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering - Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Nov. 2012 - Sept. 2018
• Mine safety, environment and community compliance.
• Provide Technical support in Metallurgy to process operations; ROM ore, crushers, Sag mill, Flotation, Gravity, CIL & Gold plant.
• Metallurgical Accounting
• Coordinate laboratory test work for metallurgical performance optimization.
• Metallurgical assessments and monitoring process KPI's.
• Process department external/internal stakeholder relationship management.
• Process budgeting and forecasting.
• Mentorship & coaching of graduate metallurgist & technicians
• Process consumable stock & quality management
- Plant Metallurgist at PERSEUS MINING GHANA
- Shift Metallurgist at GOLDFIELDS GHANA LTD
- Graduate Metallurgist at GOLDFIELDS GHANA LIMITED
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Mineral Engineering
Maintained and manage metallurgic equipment including troubleshooting in meth lab. . Supervisor of 9 associate in the metallurgic lab. . Check microstructure on Through Hardening and Case Hardening material. . Metallurgical reports for customers. . Grinding burn checks. . PPAP report for customers.
- Metallurgist at Jtekt Corporation of USA
- Engineering Technician/Analyst at Jtekt Corporation of USA
- Part Assembler at Carlise Tires and Wheels
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree - Organizational management
- Associate of Science - Electronic Engineer
- High School Diploma
• Responsible for all material related issues from incoming bar stock to finished product.
• Participate in APQP meetings for all metallurgical points.
• Coordinate/supervise six direct reports.
• Project leader for furnace investment to determine necessary equipment to fulfill customer demands/process requirements.
• Project leader for laboratory renovation.
• Perform internal CQI-9 audit and maintain compliance.
• Responsible for entire supplier management system.
• Review all externally processed product for conformance to customer standards.
• Develop processing steps to meet customer required specifications.
- Head Metallurgist at HIRSCHVOGEL INCORPORATED
- at HIRSCHVOGEL INCORPORATED
- Materials Engineer at HIRSCHVOGEL INCORPORATED
- Quality Engineer at HIRSCHVOGEL INCORPORATED
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Science and Engineering - Materials Science and Engineering