Team Building Skills
• Collaborated in daily weather map discussions for effective forecasting
• Used effective resource management in department initiative to streamline group map discussions
• Mentored/trained four interns and four to six forecasters annually
• Led continuing education seminars to enhance my peers' knowledge and understanding of topics, including Severe Weather, Forecasting for Alaska, Hawaii, and Florida, and forecasting in the Southeast
• Hosted informational and educational tours through AccuWeather for people ranging from 4 years old to 90 years old, from scientists to laypeople Operational Meteorology Skills
• Earned highest rating (level 5) as radio broadcast meteorologist in major markets morning and afternoon drive-time, including New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, Washington DC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and many others
• Prepared detailed, accurate short- and long-range forecast for various locations across the globe
• Provided expert-level knowledge on a wide-ranging set of forecasting schedules
• Completed high priority, deadline-oriented forecasts daily
• Led technical and non-technical meteorological briefings to internal and external clients
• Responded to high-priority external interviews that benefited AccuWeather's brand recognition Data Analysis Skills
• Utilized National Weather Service data to render a surface map daily with isobars, isotherms, isodrosotherms, fronts and other surface features
• Used a variety of satellite data from NOAA including, but not limited to, water vapor, infrared and visible to assess current weather
• Became expert analyzing severe weather and winter weather using a dual pol radar
• Interpreted computer model guidance from AccuWeather, Tropical Tidbits, WeatherBell and the PSU e-Wall to assess the near term, mid-range, and long-term state of the atmosphere and oceans from microscale to global scale.
- Meteorologist at AccuWeather
13 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology - Meteorology
• On-air Meteorologist for weekend newscasts as well as evening newscasts Monday through Wednesday
• Create graphics using Baron Lynx system to explain local and regional weather to viewers
• Report live in the field during community events and severe weather
• Assist Chief and Morning Meteorologists in their daily tasks and fill-in when necessary
• Record radio hits for three local stations in Kentucky, Virginia and Tennessee as well as for Amazon Alexa
• Update personal and station social media with pertinent and engaging weather information
• Write weekly Starwatch blog about events happening in the sky and present the blog details live on-air
- Meteorologist at WJHL-TV/ABC Tri-Cities
- Meteorologist at Ithaca College Television, Newswatch
- Weather Intern (Summer) at WCBS-TV
- General Music Programming Intern at SiriusXM Satellite Radio Company
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Atmospheric Science
Weekend Meteorologist and Weekday General Assignment Reporter
- METEOROLOGIST/REPORTER at WCCO-TV
- METEOROLOGIST/TRAFFIC ANCHOR at WOFL-TV Fox
- Morning Meteorologist and Traffic Anchor for Good Day Orlando at WGNO-TV
- WEEKEND METEOROLOGIST AND WEEKDAY REPORTER at KTSM-TV News Channel
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
* Work as weather anchor: build and deliver forecasts, write weather articles, post to digital platforms. * Assist Chief Meteorologist during severe weather. * Gain more experience with WSI, Chromakey and on-air. * Handle hurricane and tornado coverage, live weather cut-ins, and breaking news. * Work as the lead weekend reporter: pitch, film, edit and write stories. * Handle live shots, breaking news and put together packages daily. * Proficient shooting with a JVC camera and using editing softwares.
- Meteorologist/Reporter at WTXL ABC
- Sales Associate/Animal Caretaker at Diamonds and Doggies- Lauderdale by the Sea
- Internship at WTVT Fox 13 News, Tampa
- at Shadowed - WFOR CBS Miami
1 year, 11 months at this Job
communications Key Achievement: Awarded a Heartland Emmy for leading off nine hours of tornado coverage in August 2017.
• Pitched high-impact stories ranging from severe storms, green energy, to climate change, and risk
• Forecast for one of the most active weather regions in the U.S.
• Consistently ranked as a top social media influencer in the market
Key Achievement: Awarded a Heartland Emmy for leading off nine hours of tornado coverage in August 2017.
- Meteorologist at FOX23 News
- Meteorologist / Reporter at 29 News
- Meteorologist / Reporter at KULR-8 News
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Atmospheric Sciences
-Gather and interpret data from reports, maps, air stations, satellites, radar and other sources to formulate predictions meteorological reports, forecasts, warnings, watches and advisories. -Prepare forecasts or briefings to meet the needs of government or local pilots and flight staff. Operate graphics equipment to produce weather reports and maps for analysis, distributions or use in briefings. -Collaborate with local and global agencies to issue tropical storm products for critical and other requested sites.
- Meteorologist at UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
- at In-Store Staff
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Meteorology
• Presented weather briefs on the weather for the continental United States to leaders in the operation control center.
• Developed 36-hour weather forecast for one or two of the following cities twice per day: Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, and Denver.
• Created presentations on significant weather events that resulted in injuries to customers, employees, and aircraft.
- Meteorologist at Southwest Airlines
- Gas Supply and Trading Intern at Cheniere Energy INC
- Camp Counselor at Drop N Play
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology - Weather Risk Management
• Website design and building using Wordpress and Duda
• Meteorologist for Allen Publishing's newspapers and websites
• Weather blogger and digital marketing blogger
• Digital Media planning, buying, optimizing, and results reporting
• Project Manager for websites and various projects
- Digital Media Director & Meteorologist at Kingsdale Media/Restoration NewsMedia
- Lead Client Success Coordinator/Digital Sales Support Specialist/Traffic Coordinator and Weather Blogger at NewsObserver.com/Raleigh
- Optical Consultant at Eye Care Associates
- Broadcast Meteorologist/Weekend Manager at Weather Eye Radio Network
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Meteorology
I am part of the Foot's Forecasting Team and work as head meteorologist with a team of forecasters through the winter season. I assess weather maps and data to collaborate with a team of forecasters to develop forecasts for clients. I post forecasts and severe weather alerts on our group page.
- Meteorologist at Foot's Forecast LLC
- Dispatcher/Secretary at Green's Garage Inc
- Streaming Video Forecaster at Millersville University of Pennsylvania
- Secretary Assistant at Millersville University of Pennsylvania
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology - Meteorology
- Associate - Arts & Sciences
- High School Diploma - Science & Math
- Certificate - Basic Engineering
• Correlating weather to gas and power demand nationwide to analysts and traders for medium to longer range weather forecasts.
• Analyzing renewables for gas and power demand and prices for days for the next 1-3 weeks.
• Analyzing renewables and degree days for weekly EIA number and various gas and power analysis.
• Assisting gas demand analysts for weather inputs and helping to build storage model forecasts.
• Comparisons of internal weather and demand forecasts versus various market forecasting vendors such as WSI, MDA, Bentek and Genscape.
• Weather forecast funnel from social media into operations for correlations to demand and future prices.
• Forecasting populated weighted degree days for North America for key demand cities such as Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, and New York City.
- Meteorologist at Trailstone Group
- Senior Meteorologist at NextEra Energy
- Account Specialist at Schneider Electric
- Part time Meteorology Instructor at Westmoreland Community College
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Meteorology - Meteorology