Microbiologist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studying diphtheria.
- Microbiologist at Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
- Finance and Fundraising Director at African Research Academies for Women
- Student Assembly VP of Social & Cultural Affairs at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
- Mentor at MERIT Baltimore
10 months at this Job
- Masters of Health Science - Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- Microbiologist at Darthmouth-Hitchcock Medical center
- Medical Technologist at Aureus Medical Staffing
- Ave., Longmont, Generalist/Blood bank at Aureus Medical Staffing
- Generalist/Microbiology/phlebotomy at Aureus Medical Staffing
3 months at this Job
- - Registered Medical Technologist
Microbiologist in tuberculosis laboratory. Responsibilities include staining, culturing, and processing sputum specimens, identification by molecular methods, susceptibility drug testing, Quantiferon Gold, preparing specimens to ship following FAA guidelines, entering results in LIMS system, accessioning specimens, communicating results with healthcare practitioners, maintaining inventory of supplies, maintenance of instruments, prioritizing workflow.
- Microbiologist at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Medical Technologist at The Chester County Hospital
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - English
- Bachelor's - Liberal Studies - Writing Emphasis
- Associate - Medical Laboratory Technology
I worked for employer Quality Matrix as Microbiologist II in Adello Biologics on OPT status for 1 year. My responsibilities included:
• Performed environmental monitoring, sanitation and temperature verification of laboratory refrigerators and incubators.
• Submitted samples for testing to microbiology laboratory or contracted laboratory for Nitrates and Coliform.
• Performed routine monitoring of compressed air (CA) and nitrogen gas (N2) for viable particles, non-viable particles, oil, and moisture.
• Performed visual inspection of microbiological tests and EM samples.
• Reviews microbiology laboratory data.
• Other tasks as requested by management.
- Microbiologist at ADELLO BIOLOGICS
- I also worked as Lab Assistant at Roosevelt University
11 months at this Job
- Master's Degree in Biotechnology and Chemical Science - BTCS
- Master of Science in Integrated Biotechnology - Industrial
with a Degree majoring in Microbiology and Immunology. I am a microbiologist at Novartis, in charge of testing of drug products, raw materials and monitoring of environment and water within the production area. Currently taking an Advanced Diploma in Medical and Pharmaceutical Technology at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Novartis Mar 2017 to Present Microbiologist Responsibilities: - MET testing for drug product and raw materials. - Environmental monitoring - Microbiological and chemical testing for purified water and non-purified water. - Nitrogen & Compressed Gases testing. - Bioburden testing for packaging material. - Disinfectant monitoring - Cleaning Validation - Growth promotion testing - Material Safety Data Sheet for micro lab - Operation of critical equipment in micro lab such as autoclave, micropipette, biosafety cabinet, incubator, air sampler, particle counter and fridge. - RMS - Trend report for Water and EM. - Calibration and maintenance of lab critical equipment - SAP duties - Certified Investigator - Trainer - Originator access for AQWA, QE and CAPA. - Reader, Author/Reviewer access for DOCSTORE Viper - Reader, Author/Reviewer for ESOPs - AGILE
- Microbiologist at Novartis
- Intern - Microbiology and Immunology at Quest Laboratories
- Administrative Assistant - CHAS at Ministry of Health Holdings
- Intern - Department of Environmental Sciences at Griffith Laboratories
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Microbiology & Immunology
- - Statistics
- Diploma - Food Science
- 'O' Levels
MICROBIOLOGIST 1, THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, COLUMBUS, OH Worked in the Newborn Screening unit which tests dried blood specimens of all newborn infants in the state of Ohio for PKU, HOM, T4 and TSH- blood disorders that cause serious illness in children. Also tested whole blood for Sickle Cell using Isoelectric Focusing. Maintained records and professional contacts with hospitals, physicians, CDC and other labs. MICROBIOLOGIST 2, THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, COLUMBUS, OH Responsible for testing enteric bacteria that my be related to food borne outbreaks using PFGE(Pulsed-Field Gel Electrophoresis) analysis. Testing foods for suspected bacteria. Data analysis, reporting outbreaks, sharing data with CDC's national database. RELIGIOUS ED ASSISTANT/SAFE ENVIRO. COORDINATOR, ST. ROSE, ANTHEM, AZ Assistant to the Director of Religious Education. Making sure that each teacher had the necessary material for the weeks session of religious ed. Maintain student records. Maintain the Safe Environment records for the parish. Aid in setting up of every session and act as a Substitute when needed. KINDERGARTEN AIDE, ANNUNCIATION CATHOLIC SCHOOL, CAVE CREEK, AZ Assisted the teacher during class by making copies, setting up the room, gathering materials needed for the day. Taking the children to different classes. Lunchroom monitor and recess monitor for grades K - 8. Keeping the kids safe. Reading assessments. Substitute when needed. FOOD PREPARATION, IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY/ HAMMAD DELI, CUYAHOGA FALLS, OH Assisted the chef with lunches for IHM students. Food prep, cooking meals, maintain clean environment, problem solving and collection of money.
- Microbiologist at Ohio Department of Health
at this Job
- Bachelor's - FOOD SCIENCE AND NUTRITION
- Associate - ANIMAL RESEARCH
· Aseptically test various non-sterile and OTC finished goods for cosmetic and hygienic use produced as per Pharmaceutical Manufacturing following guidelines found in United States Pharmacopeia (USP) <61> Microbiological Examination of Non-Sterile Products: Microbial Enumeration Tests and USP <62> Microbiological Examination of Non-Sterile Products: Tests for Specified Microorganisms · Investigate the growth, development, and other characteristics of microscopic organisms, such as bacteria, yeast and mold. · Interpret and document using Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) of all testing results and findings for all finished goods, solutions, raw materials and special treated samples produced and submitted for microbial testing · Lead and coordinate USP <51> Antimicrobial Effectiveness Test/Preservative Efficacy Test · Follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and aseptic technique to ensure fair and true testing results · Knowledge of proper morphology recording for bacterial, yeast or mold growth recovered on TSA (Tryptic Soy Agar) and SDA (Sabouraud Dextrose Agar) · Experience with Rapid Testing equipment. Ability to interpret and correctly operate system to completion. · Ability to effectively and successfully train new microbiologist/interns entering the laboratory setting. · Investigate Out of Specification (OOS) samples and establish corrective and preventive actions, and find root causes to contaminations. · Ability to initiate CCRs in order to reflect current practices.
- Microbiologist at Diamond Wipes International
- FC Associate at Amazon Fulfillment Center ONT2
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
* Provide customer and internal technical support for pathogen and spoilage organisms using both Neogen and competitor product lines. * Perform immunochemical and biological assays, including rapid and traditional microbiological methods. * Design and execute validation studies to replicate and verify results following FDA, USDA, and USP scientific standards. * Participate in proficiency programs such as AOAC and API. * Generate written reports and laboratory notebooks outlining procedures and results obtained following research studies and validations. * Travel up to 25% of time for customer comprehension and product line troubleshooting. * Promoted from Associate Technical Service Microbiologist within two years of employment.
- Microbiologist at Neogen
- Sales Associate at Menards, Inc
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Microbiology
United States Army Reserves,Commissioned Officer, Rank: CPT AOC: 71A Microbiologist, Active Secret Clearance Dec 2018-Present Microbiologist, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), Diagnostics Systems Division, Ft. Detrick, MD. Jun 2017-Dec 2018 Microbiologist, 308thCivil Affairs BDE, Public Health Functional Specialty Team, Homewood, IL. · Provided technical expertise, advice, and assistance in identifying and assessing public and private health systems, animal husbandry systems, sanitation systems, agencies, services, personnel, resources, and facilities · Advised and assisted in establishing the technical requirements for public health services and resources to support government administration (clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, food preparation and storage, ambulance transportation, skilled personnel, and education). · Advised IGOs, NGOs, and U.S. agencies in preventing, controlling, and treating diseases among both human and animal populations (education, immunization, and sanitation). May 2017 Microbiologist, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), Silver Springs, MD · Extracted genomic information from mosquitoes and prepared sequencing libraries · Used Next Generation Sequencing to interrogate mosquito genomes to discover and identify Dengue and novel/emerging viral sequences Dec 2015-2017 Commander, 114thMedical Detachment (Min Care)/1488thMC TM (Infectious Disease), Fresno, CA · Led a robust 65 Soldier cross-functional medical detachment. · Effectively communicated short and long-term goals. Set priorities for unit and subordinate leaders. Managed daily operations · Strategically planned and coordinated training events to maintain mission readiness · Provided mentorship to Soldiers, lead by example · Identified unit constraints and reorganized to accomplish mission goals · Ensured all Soldiers were ready to deploy globally · Evaluated the performance of all Soldiers in the company · Provided input to battalion planning and developed detachment plans in accordance with higher HQ directives Jun 2013-Dec 2015 Microbiologist, 1488th MC TM (Infectious Disease), Fresno, CA · Conducted infectious disease investigations when required. · Took measures to control the spread of disease · Assured access to health services and provided consultative services to the 352nd Combat Support Hospital · Partnered with special care teams when public health measures were required · Trained junior enlisted on proper use of clinical diagnostic equipment Aug 2012-May2013 Microbiologist, 1900th Medical Detachment (Preventive Medicine), Camp Buehring, Kuwait. · Officer in Charge (OIC)of Preventive Medicine (PM) team that covered the northern half of Kuwait. · Managed and supervised 5 Soldiers, conducted STD counseling, base camp health and water assessments and epidemiological investigations. · OIC of the microbiology lab that conducted real-time RT-PCR tests to identify causative agents of gastroenteritis, resulting in swift action of any potential outbreaks to help sustain the mission readiness of all Soldiers throughout Kuwait. · Responsible for the Department of Defense Global Emerging Infections Surveillance and Response System (DoD-GEIS) Global Influenza Surveillance program in Kuwait where patient samples were collected and analyzed for Influenza using real-time RT-PCR. · Responsible for the detection of biowarfare/select agents throughout Kuwait using the real-time RT-PCR Joint Biological Identification and Detection System (JBAIDS). · Co-chair of the medical providers bi-weekly meetings. This forum influenced cross talk between physicians and distributed informationof public health importance. Feb 2012-Jul 2012 Microbiologist, 1900thMedical Detachment (Preventive Medicine), Independence, MO. · Prepared and trained for deployment in support of Operation Enduring Freedom Jan 2011-Jan 2012 Microbiologist, Hines VA Hospital, Hines, IL. · Isolated and identified unknown bacterial, viral, parasitic and fungal pathogens from patient specimens Oct 2009- Jan 2011 Microbiologist, 330th Medical Brigade. Ft. Sheridan, IL. As part of the CCMRF mission, we trained to respond to any man-made (CBRNE) or natural disaster that threatens homeland security.
- Microbiologist at UNITED STATES ARMY / ARMY RESERVE
- U.S. Medical Affairs - Scientific Strategy Summer Intern at Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Director of Clinical Microbiology and Virology Division at Indiana State Department of Health Laboratories
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Microbiology and Immunology - Microbiology and Immunology
- B.S. - Biological Sciences
- Public Health Microbiologist-Trainee at Solano County Public Health Laboratory Trainee Microbiologist
- Professor Assistant / College of Alameda at Mechanics Dept
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist at Al Hashimiya Public Hospital
6 years at this Job
- - Chemistry , Human Physiology , Medical Terminology
- - Chemistry
- B.SC. - Biology/Microbiology