• Worked with submerged and solid--state bioreactors for industrial scale fermentation.
• Optimized growth medium for various strains of Bacillus bacteria and Trichoderma fungi.
• Biohazard--Safety Lab coordinator.
- Fermentation Microbiologist at Microbiologist
- Vice at Media LLC
- at Medicinal Chemistry Research
- Operations Management Consultant Intern and Plant Technician at Plant Partners Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Chemistry/Biology joint disciplinary B.A. - Natural Sciences area
Professor of Practice in Microbiology Laboratory and Clinic Microbiologist
- Microbiologist at Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brasil
at this Job
microbiologist in pharmaceutical industry
- Microbiologist at PIONEER CO. for pharmaceutical industry
- Biologist at pioneer company for pharmaceutical industry
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biologist
Analyze pharmaceutical products for both raw materials and finished products
● Compliance with cGMP
● Determine presumptive results
● Inventory management
● Support OOS investigations
● Conduct bio-burden swabs
● Conduct stability studies
● Conduct enumeration tests
- QC LABORATORY MICROBIOLOGIST at Ion Manufacturing
- MICROBIOLOGIST I at Deibel Food Laboratories
2 months at this Job
- B.S - BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE
Work as microbiologist as plate reader and in all other micro test at second shift
- Microbiologist at St Joseph Hospital
- MT Generalist at Kindred Hospital
- MT Generalist at Trinity Medical Center
- Microbiologist at Watson Clinic
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - mayor Biology
- Master - Public Health management
• DCR SOPs for adherence to GMP and USP Regulations
• Perform Investigations and author Deviation and Excursion Reports
• Review Production Batch Records
• Lead Microbiologist in charge Overseeing and Training and new employees
- Microbiologist at AMRI Burlington, Inc
- QC Analyst II at Sanofi US
- QC Associate at Pharmalucence, Inc
- QA Chief Recall Information Officer/Supervisor at Becton, Dickinson and Company
10 months at this Job
- Associates of Cape Cod Bacterial Endotoxin Testing - Biology and Chemistry, Biology
- Bachelor of Science
HUMAN HEALTH FOCUS: Unplanned change in career direction was necessitated by a severe injury in 1994. Previous BIOPROCESSING FOCUS is described below. Work-related achievements and awards are summarized here and described in greater detail in "Faison - professional summary" and "Faison - career highlights " - separate one-sheet documents US ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY (Environ Protection Agcy, an agency of the US federal government created to protect public health from environmental hazards), Washington, DC, 06/2005 - 08/2017
Microbiologist: Office of Water, Office of Science of Technology, Health and Ecological Criteria Division
Supported and updated public-health hazard of environmental microbes including bacteria, viruses, algae, fungi, prions, and certain types of human and wildlife parasites regarding hazard potential. Planned and conducted complex research projects, supervised work of Biological Technicians and other workers. Prepared technical reports, published research papers, and provided recommendations regarding sustainable waste management PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS: PUBLIC HEALTH
Environ Protection Agcy:
• Advised EPA Office of Pesticide Programs on revised definition of "pests" under Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), 78 Federal Register (FR) 13501
• Contributor, 2012 update to Clean Water Act (CWA), Section 304(a), Recreational Water Quality Criteria; 77 FR 711911, EPA Document 2012-28909 for EPA Office of Science and Technology
- Microbiologist at US ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
- Co-author, Microbial Risk Assessment Guideline at Pathogenic Microorganisms
- Associate Professor at HAMPTON UNIVERSITY
- Technical Program Officer at BIOPROCESSING/BIOMANUFACTURING FOCUS
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Bacteriology
- Master's - Food Science and Technology (now Biological Engineering)
- Bachelor's - Biological Sciences
To obtain a position as a lab supervisor utilizing my working knowledge of laboratory processes and leadership skills to promote an environment of teamwork to support site-wide operations.
Ambiopharm, Inc., North Augusta, SC
February 2018- Current
• Prepare media for microbiological testing of raw materials and environmental sampling.
• Testing of all raw material, water and product endotoxin testing, purified water testing.
• Prepare samples for shipment to outside contractors for microbial identification.
• Coordinate and perform microbiological laboratory activities to include equipment calibrations.
• Perform validation suitability testing of microbiological lab methods and lab equipment.
• Review data generated by other micro personnel utilizing USP & EP guidelines to aid in batch release.
• Draft standard operating procedures for micro lab methods.
• Writes and assist with CAPAs, change controls, OOS, OOT, and deviation investigation reports.
• Working knowledge of GMP practices as well as Six Sigma Lean Initiatives to reduce waste within laboratory and manufacturing processes.
• Ensures lab personnel and all departments are within compliance concerning aseptic hygiene and techniques.
• Participate in internal and external audits.
• Train all lab personnel on new and routine microbiology techniques.
• Assists with the supervision and mentoring of lab technicians and environmental monitoring technicians.
- Microbiologist at Ambiopharm, Inc
- QC Lab Analyst at Elanco
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Microbiologist II in Newborn Screening Molecular : End point PCR, InSitu PCR Biochemical: ELISA testing metabolic, hemoglobinopathy (Isoelectric focusing, and HPLC). Reagent prep. Write and evaluate SOPs. Perform and evaluate quality assurance and quality control.
- Microbiologist II at Utah Department of Health - Lab
13 years, 7 months at this Job
- None - Microbiology/Med Lab Tech.
- Associate - Medical specialties
• Management of supplies including making specialized media and chemical additives, receiving and logging of new supplies
• Performing a variety of test on client samples including but not limited to Aw moisture and pH, inoculating and plating for pathogen growth and death logs, and different food product cook methods.
• Perform daily and weekly lab swabs, equipment calibrations, and routine lab proficiency tests to ensure the lab is within regulations.
• Proficiency on several testing platforms such as BioRad iQ-Check Prep System and PCR, Biomerieux VIDAS Immunoassay System, and BAX PCR System.
- Deibel Laboratories Microbiologist at Deibel Laboratories Microbiologist
- Customer Service Supervisor and Sales Associate at Dicks Sporting Goods
10 months at this Job
- Master's - Forensic Science in Biology
- Bachelor's - Microbiology