- RF Microwave Engineer, RF Group Avionics Section at Space Exploration Technologies Inc
- Responsible Engineer for S-band and Ka-band Telecommunications Spacecraft Hardware at Space Exploration Technologies Inc
- RF Engineer at Juno Mission
- Serve as ATLO Integration and Test Engineer at Surface Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) Mission
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Communications
- - Engineering
Microwave Transport Engineer and In-Building DAS Designer
• Microwave transport design for large public safety networks. Develop and price statewide and county-wide microwave design proposals.
• Winner of Commdex’s 2014 excellence award, for developing advanced microwave design proposals.
• Deliver microwave engineering assurance of 70+ microwave paths for the State of Tennessee:
• Redesign under-performing legacy paths with minimal field changes and maximum availability gains.
• Recommend availability improvements at minimal cost.
• Transport engineering from pre-bid meeting to proposal delivery.
• Provide nation-wide microwave consulting services to Motorola.
• In-building pre-sales designs for public safety DAS up to 4.5 Million sf.: hospitals, court houses, correctional facilities, libraries, museums, convention centers, parking facilities. Active and pending installations: City of San Francisco, Disney Anaheim, Prince George Medical center.
• SOLiD Alliance, Express and Responder, CommScope NodeA, Bird SB-III, Fiplex, GWave, Westell
- Microwave Transmission Engineer - Senior Systems Engineer at Commdex Consulting LLC (Remote Employee)
- Transport Project Manager at SAI Communications
- Facilities and Microwave Engineer at Verizon Wireless
- Principal Engineer at Towerstream Corp
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- None - Technology and Leadership
- Bachelor's - English
Implementation of approved solutions
● Commissioning, upgrading, troubleshooting and integration of transmission equipment RTN910/950/980/980LH and RTN310
● Command on investigating and resolving link alignment issues
● Command on using Huawei NMS ( M2000, U2000, Web LCT and WebLMT)
● Management of intervention teams (New installation, Swap)
● Acceptance of the transmission station with the customer (telephone operator)
● Investigation and troubleshooting of Hardware and Software problems on the transmission equipment
● Site survey for Microwave links
● Service cutover for Microwave link (TDM service and Ethernet service) and implement WO and CR in live network
● Responsible for the deployment of the new microwave solution Long Haul
● Following of installations and commissioning of MW links
● Following Upgrade operations and provisioning network capacity
● Commissioning of Huawei NodeB and eNodeB
- Radio and Microwave Engineer at HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIE CO.LTD
- Senior Telecommunication Technician at HAYATCOM
- Telecommunication Technician at ADVICE ENGINEERING, BENAROUS
- Telecommunication Technician at STARNET
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science - Computer Science
truck operator. A seasoned and very diverse, creative Photographer. Always in the know on the new technology to streamline the overall daily news gathering operation. Taught and trained new employees and staff photographers on the editing software version that we were using in our daily operation. Acknowledged engineer from the purchasing of new cameras, computers, editing software, and other various broadcast quality gear to the implementation of it. Competent satellite and microwave engineer. Taught and trained new employees on the complex, diverse technology that was in place and in use of our daily operation. Very proficient technician at mapping out different venues and coordinating all the available technological equipment needs to preform a complex multi camera live show.
- Photographer, Editor, Engineer, Satellite and Microwave at WXYZ-TV
18 years at this Job
https://ystratakos.wixsite.com/website), a company specializing in RF and Microwave Engineering Design Services for custom products development.
- Founder and CEO of RF & Microwave Design Services P.C at Microwave Engineering Services
- Microwave Engineering Consultant at Microwave Technical Management
- RF at Advanced Microwave Systems
- Microwave Engineer at Advanced Microwave Systems PC
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Ph.D - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master's - Electrical and Computer Engineering
Transmission design, 750-mile low-latency network, 34 tandem hops at 6, 11, 18, 23 GHz. Site selection, path selection, link budget, antenna selection, centerline selection, availability analysis. Prepare field survey materials. Analyze path field survey results, determine viability of the path. Prepare technical data for frequency coordination, and for licensing submittals. Delorme TOPO USA, Street Atlas, CIC Path Designer, Pathloss 4.0, MS Excel, Word, PPT. Work jointly with client and frequency coordinator to assess magnitude of risk where interference cases were identified. Field-checked & applied special survey techniques on two links with non-routine configurations. Approved them after rejection by regular survey team. Links were commissioned & performed well. During installation/alignment, worked with technicians at a few problem sites, helped identify unusual, non-routine faults, leading to repair and timely commissioning.
- Microwave Transmission Engineer at Communications Infrastructure Co
- Microwave Engineer at NexGen Wireless
- Microwave Engineer at Verizon Wireless
- Lead Field Surveyor (Greythorn contractor) at LCC International
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- BSEE - General Radiotelephone Operator
Project assistant responsible for the development and coordination with customer and subcontractor focused on listening to the client's concerns and answering their questions.
• To Supervise telecommunication equipment installations according to the project's schedule
• Microwave link designer.
• Configuration, Upgrade, Commissioning and Troubleshooting for Microwave links, wireless.
• Configuration, Upgrade, Commissioning and Troubleshooting for GPON ADSL and Switch.
• Make a training to subcontractor for different project.
• Maintenance support and troubleshooting. ASSIGNED PROJECT
• TDP MICROWAVE 2016-TELEFONICA DEL PERU: We improved the microwave link installation times compared to other providers.
• LTE-TDD DirecTV Peru: We reduce commissioning time around 25%
• MSAN NETWORK-TELEFONICA DEL PERU: Swap technologies from NGN-DSLAN to MSAN-IMS at Pisco and Huaral city.
• GPON PROJECT - MOCHE INVERSIONS: Develop and close Project.
• GSM AND UMTS NETWORK-VIETTEL PERU SAC: Reduce time around 30% commissioning for Viettel.
• TRIAL GPON FOR HFC NETWORK-AMERICA MOVIL PERU: Got Approval of equipment.
• WIMAX PERUSAT NETWORK - VelaTel Group
- ACCESS ENGINEER at ZTE CORPORATION PERU
- MICROWAVE ENGINEER at HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIE BOLIVIA
- MICROWAVE ENGINEER at HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIE PERU
- MAINTENANCE REPAIR NETWORK ENGINEER at INTEGRACIÓN Y PROYECTOS
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- ELECTRONIC ENGINEER
- Project Engineer at Council Rock Enterprises
- RF/Microwave Engineer at Clearwire
- Principle Engineer at PCTV / Sprint
- Test Department Manager at Comwave, Mountaintop, PA
1 year, 8 months at this Job
Design of many RF products including bandpass, lowpass & highpass filters, diplexers, couplers, even and uneven power dividers, baluns, etc. in AVX's proprietary multilayer organic (MLO) packaging. The MLO packaging allows realization of high Q elements and high density interconnects, enabling the design of high-performance passive RF products. With MLO filters that were designed by me, AVX emerged as a leading provider and expert in the area of RF filters in just a few short years. A few examples of my designs/works include the following. 1. Bandpass filters operating in millimeter-wave frequencies (passband up to 46 GHz) and their carrier board. 2. Miniaturized power dividers (without using quarter-wave lines) that significantly reduced the size and weight of beamformer for antenna array developed to provide internet service through stratospheric balloons. 3. Thermal simulations of RF filters using Ansys HFSS / Mechanical and CST to identify heating elements or areas. Layout optimization and utilization of heat sinking materials to reduce heat and allow greater power handling. 4. Anti-aliasing balanced lowpass filters for A/D front end of a leading manufacturer's next-generation oscilloscope.
- RF Engineer at AVX Corporation
- RF Engineer at Self-employed
- RF Engineer at nGimat
- Software / Algorithm Developer at Self-employed
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor - Electrical Engineering
• Strong understanding of communications principles for satellites
• MBA Recipient - Pepperdine University
• Leadership History
• Strong understanding of principles of microwave test and measurement
• Strong Conceptual, Analytic / Judgment skills
• Budget and Resource Planning
• Developing novel solution to challenging problem to improve accuracy and efficiency
• Success at Orchestrating Complex Projects Strong Team Builder
• Understanding of Creating Value for Customer and Company
• Sales & Development Environment Experience PROBLEM SOLVER CREATE VALUE / INTUITIVE TECHNOLOGIST * Developed novel concept for satellite testing with vector network analysis. Reducing test times by orders of magnitude and dramatically reducing test times. TEAM BUILDER / LEADER * Presented numerous training classes on RF fundamentals and Network Analyzer Measurements CREATIVE, STRONG CONCEPTUAL, ANALYTICAL AND JUDGMENT SKILLS * Designed reference and calibration converter for measuring network parameters of frequency conversion devices including satellites * Developed RADAR simulator to test interference of 802.11A WLAN with military RADAR system * Working with Northrop Grumman to develop ASIP field test system for testing RF and microwave performance in the field * Authored key patents at Tagent Corporation improving company valuation and aiding the company in received $2 Million in seed money FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY / INCREMENTAL SALES / COST SAVINGS * Co-developer of RF and microwave test architecture for SBIRS SFP 2G-CSSTE, this architecture reduces setup time from nearly 2 weeks to less than 2 days.
• Co-developer of Software Requirements Specification implementing virtual rack into SBIRS 2G-CSSTE
• Developed calibration architecture for all spacecraft links including S Band up to Q band. * Developed architecture to implement optical calibration links to improve accuracy and setup time for satellite test.
• Developed architecture and link analysis to implement inline test module for in place calibration in thermal vacuum for all RF links to spacecraft. * Responsible for all requirements documents and leading them through the release process as LMCO including representing at SSERB. Work History LOCKHEED MARTIN SPACE SYSTEMS COMPANY 2009 - Present Commercial and defense space systems, missile systems, navigation systems, precision weapons, and communications systems. TEST SYSTEM ARCHITECT Responsible for the development of RF and Microwave subsystems within satellite test system for Space Based Infrared System, particularly concentrating on overall measurement accuracy, calibration methodology. Links included Q Band, K Band, L Band, and S band. * Lead developer of Inline Test Module concept for SBIRS test system * Lead developer (with supplier) in using Network Analyzer for channel power measurement * Lead developer (with supplier) in using Optical Links for mm wave IFL calibration * Lead in release of all requirement documents for SBIRS 2G-CSSTE including: 15 chassis specs, overall system requirement spec, system requirement specification and Virtual Rack users guide.
- PROBLEM SOLVER at LOCKHEED MARTIN SPACE SYSTEMS COMPANY
- SENIOR APPLICATIONS ENGINEER at AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC
- SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER at TRW ELECTROMAGNETIC SYSTEMS /NGC
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- MS - Systems Analysis
- - Technology Management
- - Electrical Engineering
- - Mathematics and Economics