• Shows authentic concern for students in one-on-one, group, and classroom counseling sessions.
• Proactively reaches out to families to communicate student needs and how they can be met.
• Facilitates academic improvement meetings with staff members and board personnel.
• Chairs Efficiency Committee and School Counseling Advisory Program Council.
• Builds and seeks out ways to improve master and student schedules.
- Middle School Counselor at Livingston County Middle School
- Front of the House Manager & Online Marketer and Social Media Specialist at Flamingo Row Bread & Co
- Paducah, iStyle Contributor, Product Marketer, & Communications Specialist at IList Paducah
- Adult Services Librarian at Metropolis Public Library
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Education
- Bachelor of Integrated Studies - Education
6-8 Writing, gathering data, and providing case management for all students with an Act 504 plan; creating the grade six guidance curriculum based on the ASCA standards for social/emotional, academic, and career areas of development; teaching guidance classes biweekly to all sixth grade students; providing individual, group, and parent counseling sessions daily; conducting needs assessments during School Based Intervention meetings for students at-risk; collaborating with teachers, school psychologists, special education services, community mental health counselors, doctors and administration; participating in a mentor/mentee program; creating positive behavior plans per need of student; teaching social skill-building to students on the Autism spectrum
- Middle School Counselor, Grades at Alleghany County Public Schools, Clifton Middle School
- Behavioral Specialist & Mobile Therapist (BSC/MT) at T.W. Ponessa and Associates Counseling Services
- Behavior Specialist Consultant & Mobile Therapist (BSC/MT) at Pennsylvania Comprehensive Behavioral Health - PCBH
10 months at this Job
- Master's of Science - K-12 School Counseling
Implement the middle school guidance curriculum; Guide individuals and groups of students through the development of educational, personal, social and career plans; Counsel individuals and small groups of children toward social and emotional growth; Consult with and train teachers, parents and staff regarding children's needs; Refer children with problems and their parents to special programs, specialists and outside agencies Participate in, coordinate and conduct activities that contribute to the effective operation of the counseling program and school; Participate in and facilitate the intervention SST/504 team process; Plan and evaluate the counseling program; Pursue continuous professional growth Facilitate the after school Homework Club program
- Middle School Counselor at Ocean View School District
- Intervention Specialist at Counseling program eliminated by OVSD board
- Mental Health Counselor-DIS Counselor at Orange Unified School District
- at SANTA ANA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
2 years at this Job
- Masters in Education - Credential
- B.A. in History - English, Global Studies and Sociology
- A.A. - Liberal Arts
• Provide a comprehensive guidance and counseling program to 420 students.
• Conduct creative programming to motivate students. (E.g., Grant writing, student projects, and school support)
• Participate in MTSS (Multi-Tiered Support System)
• Pioneered “Decisions”. Decisions is a male peer mentoring program utilizing student athletes from Missouri Western State University to reach select seventh grade students.
• Implement SOS (Signs of Suicide) as a comprehensive suicide prevention program.
• Was selected as a workshop leader (three times) at Missouri State Counselor's Association state convention at Tan Tara Resort in Osage, Missouri. Presented on Adult Children of Alcoholics and Effective Teaching Practices to Reach the Introverted Student.
• Conduct professional development workshops for home school. (PBIS training concepts)
• Chair Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports committee.
• Pioneered the use of Hallways 4 software to document and provide statistics for end of year review.
- Robidoux Middle School Counselor at Saint Joseph School District
- Transition Coordinator K-12 at St. Joseph School District
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker at Private Practice
- Clinic Coordinator at Preferred Family Healthcare
13 years at this Job
- Masters - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
Duties include helping coordinate a comprehensive Guidance and Counseling plan for a student population of over 900 students. I was also the ASB advisor from 2006-2011.Served on various district planning committees such as; HELA High School, Alternative Ed and CTE.
- Middle School Counselor at Evergreen School District
- School Nurse at Evergreen School District
- Community Health Nurse at Health Steps Women's and Children's Clinic at Southwest Washington Medical Center
- substitute clinical instructor at Southwest Washington Medical Center
13 years at this Job
- Master's - Education
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
- - Nursing
- Middle School Counselor at The Shipley School
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Professional Counseling & School Counseling
- Master's - Counseling & Mental Health Services
- Bachelor's - Psychology
• Responsibilities for teaching in elementary school and middle school as a teacher.
• Responsibilities for teaching also Bangla to Middle School.
• Setting of tests and homework to access learning ability.
• Responsible for planning lessons and syllabus.
• Responsible for counselor in Middle School.
• Responsible for grade 8 as home room.
- Teacher and Middle school Counselor at Royal Institute of Smart Education
1 year, 6 months at this Job
Encourage students to express feelings and adopt optimal coping methods related to self-injury, bullying, social acceptance, self-esteem, parents' substance abuse, suicide, neglect, anxiety, and academic performance. ♦ Established a communication plan to build relationships with parents and the community. ♦ Collect data on students' needs and the effectiveness of the school counseling program; measure data and determine areas of improvement; adjust and adapt program based on results and needs of students. ♦ Co-orchestrated a Drug and Alcohol Awareness and Prevention program for students, families, and staff; created outreach programs specifically for individuals where abuse is prevalent. ♦ Created and executed a Dropout Prevention Program for students struggling academically and socially; identified thirty students per grade; partnered with community organizations for free tutoring for at-risk youth; small group and motivation interviewing. ♦ Manage a school-wide Social-Emotional Learning program, which consists of daily learning activities, weekly incentives, and quarterly positive behavior intervention supports. ♦ Spearheaded homework recovery program to increase homework completion by eighty percent. ♦ Advocated for an alternative approach to student discipline by creating a mindfulness room where students are surrounded by sensory objects to calm them during heightened situations.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL COUNSELOR at Cardington-Lincoln Local Schools
- ALTERNATIVE HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELOR at LOC High School
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- MASTER OF EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Psychology and Sociology
• Organize and facilitate support groups addressing diverse issues
• Organize and facilitate Natural Helpers program (peer mentoring)
• Counsel 1:1 with students in crisis and with on- going issues
• Develop curriculum and arrange scheduling to provide extra support for struggling students
• Manage parent meetings and teacher accommodations for students on 504 plans
• Analyze testing data to set up school wideTitle I support
• Create master schedule for class rotation
• Analyze and monitor credits/classes for graduation
- High School counselor, Middle School counselor at Shelley School District
- Secondary English teacher at Shelley School District
- Special Education Teacher at Shelley School District
17 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - School Counseling
- Bachelor's - Special Education K-12
- Bachelor's - Secondary English Education
* Conduct individual counseling regarding a variety of social, emotional, and academic issues. * Facilitate social skills and study skills counseling groups. * Plan and implement classroom lessons on a variety of topics, including bullying and high school requirements. * Guide students through conflict resolution. * Personal crisis counseling
- Middle School Counselor/High School Counselor at NORTH PLAINFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Elementary School Counselor at
- Volunteer for hotline at UNION COUNTY RAPE CRISIS CENTER
- Elementary School Teacher at
23 years, 3 months at this Job
- M.A. - Counseling M.A
- B.A. - Elementary Education B.A