I am currently a middle school counselor and my job duties include scheduling classes, counseling groups. Student Assistance team member. screening students for special ed. setting up parent meetings.
- Middle School Counselor at PENN HILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT
- School Counselor at
at this Job
- Master's - Counseling
- Master's - Elementary Education
• Provide individual and group counseling for at risk students or during crisis situations
• Consult with teachers, administration and parents regarding student success & needs
• Create master schedule and student schedules based on student needs
• Assist administrative team to create opportunities for school improvement
• Serve as Corporation Test Coordinator for state mandated assessments
• Serve as Gifted & Talented Coordinator to implement K-12 high ability programs
• Assist high school counselor with 21st Century Scholars program requirements and developing Four Year Plans with 9th grade students
• Maintain positive, professional relationships with community organizations
• Communicate with other school counselors regarding student records when moving into or out of the district
• Share diploma requirements with 8th grade students and parents
• Guide 8th grade students in choosing appropriate classes for high school
• Coordinate transition activities for incoming 6th grade students
• Member of several school committees
- Middle School Counselor at West Central Middle School
- Elementary School Counselor at West Central Elementary
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Education
- Bachelor's - Sociology
School Counselor for Glenwood Springs Middle School. Job duties include individual and group counseling related to social emotional concerns, divorce, and anxiety utilizing solution focused therapy, motivational interviewing and CBT, and DBT modalities. Performs functional behavioral analysis on children and creates behavior intervention plans for habitually disruptive students. Run the school's multi tiered system of support system for examining children who need higher level interventions either behaviorally or academically for special education consideration. Coordinate the referral of outside therapeutic services for crisis, long-term therapy, family therapy and outside evaluation. Assisted in the implementation of a restorative justice program.
- GLENWOOD SPRINGS MIDDLE SCHOOL COUNSELOR at Glenwood Springs Middle School
- Caseworker III at MONTEZUMA COUNTY SOCIAL SERVICES
- Intake Coordinator and Residential Supervisor at PEACEFUL SPIRIT
- Youth Counselor at VAN VLECK HOUSE
7 months at this Job
- Masters in Social Work - Social Work
- BS - Psychology
Facilitate individual and group counseling sessions concentrated on conflict resolution and solution focused brief counseling at all grade levels. Organize and prepare school wide daily testing schedules, facilitate plans, and provide in-service to faculty members regarding testing policies and procedures, testing security, and ethical use. Coordinate student and parent meetings that focus on a variety of topics [i.e. student scheduling and course options, counselor related activities, elementary and high school transition information]. Utilize various instructional strategies [i.e. lecture, collaboration, project based, experiential, direct instruction] when developing classroom guidance lessons and presentations.
• Developed a character education curriculum that focuses on bully prevention/awareness, alcohol and drug prevention/awareness, diversity and inclusion, stress management, study skills, standardized test preparation, and cyberbullying.
• Teach classroom guidance lessons focused on study skills, signs and symptoms of depression, social skill development, and coordinate round table discussions focused on high school transition.
• Communicate with parents and students in danger of failure to devise a plan of action and identify school resources.
• Helped develop a suicide and self-injury response handbook for the school district.
• Co-chair of the Intervention Assistance Team (IAT) that focuses on at-risk students to determine behavioral, academic, social, and emotional support and resources needed to improve academic achievement.
• Facilitate professional development activities that focus on counseling related topics for school personnel.
- Middle School Counselor at Olentangy Hyatts Middle School
- High School Counselor at Columbus Africentric Early College
- Intervention Specialist at Olentangy Hyatts Middle School
- Special Education Interrelated Resource Teacher at Swint Elementary School
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership - Education
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership - Educational Leadership
- Master of Teaching in Special Education - Teaching
- Master of Science in Counseling - Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Communication
• Facilitated parent/teacher/administrator/ student conferences to address concerns and interventions
• Participated and provided input in 504 Plan and exceptional Collaborated with seventh and eighth grade teams of teachers and administrators to support students' academic and social goals
• Modified students' schedule throughout the school year based on additional data to facilitate appropriate instruction
• Attended education meetings with administrator, exceptional education chairperson, psychologist, social worker, teacher, and parents
• Coordinated community members and staff members to assist students
• Organized and facilitated quarterly Honor Roll ceremonies to recognize student academic achievement
• Worked with Child Protective Services, mental health agencies, and county personnel to address students in crisis
• Planned and coordinated Career Day for seventh and eighth grade students
- Middle School Counselor at South County Middle School
- Elementary School Counselor at Buzz Aldrin Elementary School
- Project GO teacher at Oakridge Elementary School
- Second Grade Teacher at Hoffman-Boston Elementary School
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Education - Guidance and Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Early Childhood/Elementary Education
• Utilizes responsive counseling, including individual and group sessions for students' academic, social and personal concerns.
• Initiates and participates in meeting with parents, including group discussions on middle school age-related topics.
• Assist parents and students in preparing for high school, including navigating the high school application process to both public and private schools.
• Plan and coordinate programs such as "Mix It Up Day", and Peer Mentoring Group to enhance students' social responsibility, and promote a more inclusive school community.
• Deliver classroom guidance lessons to meet the identified counseling competencies in the areas of educational and social/emotional development to assist students in building decision-making skills and self-awareness.
• Collaborate frequently with school psychologist, learning specialists, teachers, and administrative team to address and identify the needs of students in the Middle School.
• Communicate with outside resources, including therapists and tutors to follow up on student care.
- Middle School Counselor at United Nations International School
- Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy, High School Counselor at Green Dot Public Schools
- Administrative Assistant/Senior Account Executive at Digitas LBi
- Account Executive at McCann Relationship Marketing
7 months at this Job
- Master of Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Consultant in Positive Psychology & Adolescent Executive Function
● Curriculum Coordinator and instructor for Social Emotional courses: 6 Grade Human Development, 7 Grade Decision th Making, 8 Grade Negotiation & Leadership.
● Cross-curricular consultant Responsible for mapping teaching & learning goals which interconnect across curriculums and maintain standards-based trajectories for curriculums spanning K through 12th grade learning.
● Created blended online learning experiences using Blackboard, Noodle Tools and Blackbaud systems.
● Professional development sessions for faculty & staff: Differentiated learning and learning disabilities; to support and guide students with diagnosed differential learning and/or disabilities in the classroom environment.
● Directed special programming pairing the ARC with 7th Grade students to learn about people with developmental disabilities - origins, characteristics and quality of life.
● Executive functioning coach - adolescents, parents, faculty development presentations/individual meetings
● Initiated and developed Character Education program through Advisory program and led faculty professional development
● Upper Administration consultant regarding student-centered human development, standards-based, initiatives to meet Strategic Plan and School Mission/Vision goals.
● Partner relationship with Dean of Students providing restorative justice and counseling.
● Author of monthly article for the school newsletter on a social-emotional topics relating to student-life.
● Technical skills used extensive experience using Blackboard in the instruction of Social Emotional Courses: Decision Making and Different Learning Styles.
- Middle School Counselor at Gulliver School
- Middle School Counselor - Administrator at Viewpoint School
- Personal Counselor at St. Teresa's Academy
- Distance Coach at University of Missouri
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Educational Administration
- Master of Arts - Psychology
- Bachelors of Arts - Psychology
- Middle School Counselor at Grace Wilday Junior High School
- Secondary School Counselor at Abraham Clark High School
- Spanish Language and Culture Instructor at Abraham Clark High School
- Spanish Language and Culture Instructor at Bayonne High School
12 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's of Arts - Counselor Education
Designing a master schedule, schedule student courses, 504 Coordinator, individual counseling, group counseling, GT committee, programs for parents, support funds to help my school (it is a Title 1 school), testing assistant etc...
- Middle School Counselor at Webster Middle School
- Norman City Government at Mediator
- School Guidance Counselor at Webster Middle School
- Online School Counselor at AAI/Connections Education
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Secondary Education Physical Education Health Education
Responsible for implementing a comprehensive counseling program for middle school students that ensures academic, behavior and social support. Provides individual, group, and family counseling. Monitors student attendance. A part of the Student Support Team. Facilitates Career and Readiness classroom guidance lessons. Responsible for supervis- ing School counseling interns. Ensures that students and parents are knowledgeable of the High School lottery application process. Trained to provide crisis management and conflict resolution.
- Bi-lingual Middle School Counselor at District of Columbia Schools
- Early Childhood Community Parent Outreach Coordinator at District of Columbia Schools
- Care Coordinator at Choices Inc
- Student Family Care Coordinator at Choices Inc
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Education - Course Related Work
- Bachelor's Degree - Psychology/Mental Health Track