Instruct English language, literature, composition, and reading to approximately 120 middle school students utilizing curriculum designated by Howard Public Schools; Adapt English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson plans that guide and challenge students; Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division's basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course / SOL standards; provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students; Differentiate instruction to address all learning modalities and levels; Evaluate academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary; Encourage students to think independently and to express original ideas; Evaluate each student's progress in meeting the course standards for English skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing); Establish and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment; Identify student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems; Communicate with parents and school counselors on student progress; Supervise students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day; Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities; Administer testing in accordance with division testing practices; maintain professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional development activities; serve as a 7th grade homeroom teacher.
- Middle School English Teacher at Elkridge Landing Middle School
- Interim Head of School/ Middle School History and English Teacher at Midland Christian Academy
- Principal at St. Veronica Catholic School
- Assistant Principal at St. Mary's Elementary School
1 year at this Job
- Master of Education
- B.A. - History
I am both a 6th grade English teacher and 6th grade Life Skills teacher.
• Organize and execute daily set-up and clean-up of lessons
• Develop fun, hands-on activities to aid in understanding
• Diffuse difficult situations with patience and calmness
• Communicate with parents to report child progress
• Manage various academic learning plans
- Middle School English Teacher at Colorado Early Colleges Fort Collins Middle School
- Training Specialist at Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Instructor, Kent State University at ESL
- Instructor, The University of Akron at ESL
8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Curriculum and Instruction
- Bachelor of Arts - English
C.H. Price Middle School
• Seventh Grade English
• Sixth Grade English and Reading
- Middle School English Teacher at Putnam County School District
- Internship Student at Duval County Public School System
- at Sebastian Middle School
- Practicum Student at St. Johns County School District
1 month at this Job
- - Education English
-Teaches 6-8th grade with a maximum of 18 students at one time. -Teaches English/Writing, Literature, and Spelling to all three grades and 7th grad Math. -Completed Master Teacher program (school year 2018-2019) -Trained in Head Master grading site.
- Middle School English Teacher at Gospel of Grace Christian School
- Sales & Support Generalist at Victoria Secret PINK
- Intern at EU College of Health and Social Sciences
- Editor in Chief at Athletes In Action, Central, NJ
4 months at this Job
- BA - English Writing
Served as a middle school ELA teacher at Stuart Academy, a priority school in Louisville, KY. Taught for a semester, but decided it was not the right fit for me. I enjoyed working with the kids, just desired a different setting, preferably a camp or coaching position.
- Middle School English Teacher at Jefferson County Public Schools
- Summer Intern at Carnegie Museum of Montgomery County
- Assembly Line Worker at R.R. Donnelley and Sons
- Substitute Teacher at North Montgomery School Corporation
6 months at this Job
- B.A. - Religion
* Assist the development of the students with comprehension and curriculum writing * Consult and improve efficiencies of day-to-day coursework with students * Integrated writing into all middle school curriculum * Manage and assist administrative needs of middle school students * Lead and coordinator of students managing and teaching awareness of recycling program
- Middle School English Teacher at St. Malachy Catholic School
- English Adjunct Instructor at Ivy Tech Community College
- Service Representative at Ivy Tech Community College
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Education
- Master of Arts - Education
I currently teach ELA to seventh and eighth grade students. I constantly use formal as well as informal assessments to monitor learning, and adjust teaching strategies. I focus on teaching the “whole” student, developing scholars, and fostering a love of learning.
- Middle School English Teacher at Pine Ridge Middle School
- Pre-K Teacher at Creek Stone Academy Child Care Center
- Coordinator - Math and Science Teacher at SPED
- Teacher of Early Childhood - Special Education Intern at Pontiac Elementary School
1 year at this Job
- ED.D - Organizational Leadership
- BBA - International E-Commerce
Taught 5-8 grade English Currently teaching 3rd grade general studies
- Middle School English Teacher at Yeshiva Day School of Las Vegas
- Substitute Teacher at Clark County School District
- Substitute Teacher at Stafford County Schools
- Cub Scout Leader at Boy Scouts of America
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BS - Health Science
The Ethical Community Charter School | Jersey City, NJ
● Responsible for teaching reading and writing to 6th and 7th grade students. th
● Developed and wrote 7 grade Language Arts and Writing curriculum.
● Responsibilities included communicating with parents, creating assessments, and assigning grades. Special Education Permanent Substitute February 2015-June 2015 The Ethical Community Charter School | Jersey City, NJ
● Taught 4th and 5th grade special education resource class in Language Arts and Math.
● Wrote fun, engaging and differentiated lessons for small group instruction.
● Gave one-on-one writing support to special education students.
● Responsibilities included communicating with parents, updating student goals, writing progress reports, and assigning grades.
- Middle School English Teacher at The Ethical Community Charter School
- Teaching Aide at The Ethical Community Charter School
3 months at this Job
- MFA - Creative Nonfiction Writing
- Bachelor's - English
I currently teach a English Language Arts to 8th grade scholars at Vista Academy Brooklyn E. New York Brooklyn. We pride ourselves with the infusion of academics as well as character education where all scholars engage in 5 minutes of mindful meditation during or daily morning meetings. Additionally, I host a homework help after school where I engage in Common Core Aligned instruction with scholars in 6-8th grade. I am also the head dance coach of the Vista Vibes Dance Team, which is an after school dance program run by St. John's University. This is currently my 6th consecutive year teaching, but only my second year with the NYC Department of Education. My first years began in Miami at Mater Beach Academy where I taught 6-9th grade English as well as Social Studies and SLAM Middle/Charter High School where I taught 10th grade Honors, 10th General Ed, 10 ESOL, 11th Grade Honors, 11th General Ed., and 11th AP Language and composition. At SLAM Miami I was the founding head dance coach of the SLAM Sirens, a National as well as International Championship title holding compeitive dance team. My interdisciplinary skills, time management efficiency, differentiation strategies, organizational skills, strong ability to establish a rapport with students as well as collegues, introprofessional Collaboration, my ability to speak Spanish as a second language, and my BA in Secondary English Education from St. Joseph's university provided me with effective pedagogical practices which awarded me the honorable mention of teacher of the year 2013-2014 at Mater Beach Academy as well as teacher of the year runner up at SLAM Miami on the 2014-2015 school year. The SLAM Sirens Dance Team also awarded me with best choreography for a duet entitled "All of Me" as well as best Emotional Execution for a duet entitled "Stay". As the founding coach we won our first National Championship at DanceAmerica/Dance Olympus in Orlando as well as the honorable recipients of the Senior Dancer of the year 2015 and Senior Dancer of the Year Runner up for the year 2015.
- Middle School English Teacher/ Head Dance Coach at VISTA ACADEMY
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English Secondary Education grades 5-12