I teach writing/grammar to middle school students and have for 24+ years.
- Middle school English teacher at Creekview Middle School
at this Job
January 2018-Present Currently serving as 6th Grade middle school English teacher at Starbuck Middle School. Responsible for the delivery of the curriculum on the daily basis as well as maintaining the department grading standards and upholding the academic integrity of the institution.
- 6th Grade middle school English teacher at Starbuck Middle School at Long-Term Substitute, Racine Unified School District
- Fulfilled void as lead teacher and served as full-time instructor at Long-Term Substitute, Racine Unified School District
- Special Education Teacher at EBD, Horlick High School
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- M.A. - Human Services
- B.A. - Political Science
- A.A. - Community Involvement & Non-Profit Experience
I teach middle school English Prepare and implement curriculum weekly Highly motivated and flexible Excellence in team work
- Middle School English Teacher at Palm Beach County School District
- at Manatee Elementary
- Private Professional Nanny at Palm Beach County
- Assist Director in operating preschool at Imagination Learning Zone Inc
at this Job
- M.A. - Childhood Development
- Bachelor of Arts
- Associates of Arts - General
- High School Diploma
I currently teach 6th grade English and composition. I have also taught 7th and 8th grade English and composition, as well as 5th grade multi-subjects.
- Middle School English Teacher at Whiteside Middle School
- Elementary and Middle School Teacher at Signal Hill School District
- Loan Officer Assistant at West Pointe Bank and Trust
11 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Education
Create and deliver English instruction to middle school students in an urban environment; Evaluate and adapt lessons during instruction to meet the needs of all learners; Establish classroom expectations to create an environment that is conducive to learning; Collaborate with grade level team members to discuss lesson ideas, to address grade level concerns, and to plan grade level activities; Confer with parents to keep them informed of student performance; Maintained large quantities of paperwork by grading papers, planning lessons, and completing mandatory reports.
- Middle School English Teacher at Crossroads School
- Middle School Reading Teacher at Byhalia Middle School
- Department Chair at Ruffner Academy
- Middle School Reading Teacher at Ruffner Academy
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- MA in Educational Leadership & Administration - Educational Leadership & Administration
- BA in English - Secondary Education
- High school
-6th grade English teacher -Established positive relationships with students, parents, co-workers, and administration -Attended workshops to stay up-to-date on new teaching methods and developments in the field
- Middle School English Teacher at East Baton Rouge Parish School System
- High School English Teacher at City of Baker Schools
- Peer Counselor at LSYOU
- Student Teaching at Central High School
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English Education
Leader-In-Me Lighthouse Team Member / 7 Habits of Highly Successful People Program UIL Academic Coach - Ready Writing Certified TELPAS Rater Curriculum Adoption Selection Team Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional material that facilitate active learning. Develop routines of work, plans, and assessment that are in accordance with established procedures and end goals. Instruct and monitor the learner in the use of instructional material and equipment. Use relevant technology to support differentiated instruction. Provide appropriate and beneficial feedback to the learner and other professionals with an educational interest. Encourage and monitor the progress of individual learners and use information to adjust instructional strategies. Maintain accurate and complete records of the learners progress and development. Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by law, district policy, and school regulation. Prepare required reports on learner activity and progress. Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents. Establish and communicate clear objectives. Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with learners from diverse, cultural, economic, and ability backgrounds.
- Middle School English Teacher at Godley Independent School District
- Teacher & Spelling Bee Coordinator at Southwest Christian School
- Child Development Center & Preschool Director at Training Depot Childcare & Learning Center
- ACSI Science Fair Coordinator at Nazarene Christian Academy
7 months at this Job
- - Certified Language Arts
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Business Administration
• Create, plan, and deliver English Language Arts curriculum aligned with Common Core in inclusive classroom setting.
• Utilize data systems to track student progress and communicate regularly with parents and team members.
• Devise student support plans as teacher representative to Student Supports Team.
• Designed homeroom activities, culture initiatives, and executive functioning strategies, as well as facilitated team and parent meetings as Grade Level Team Chair (2016-2018).
- Middle School English Teacher at Excel Academy Charter Schools
- Community Service Program Leader at National Geographic Student Expeditions
- National Geographic Student Expeditions, Costa Rica and Thailand at
- Special Education Resident Teacher at Unlocking Potential Education Network
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology - Sociology
Partnered with administrators, teachers and parents to design and deliver literature and writing curriculum for sixth grade students. Created developmental engagements that positively impacted student and results. Demonstrated initiative by starting a girls’ soccer team and after school art club.
• Received awards for meeting 100% deadlines
• Receive award for meeting 100% grade level attainment goals and student growth each year
• Proven collaborator and recruiter working with people of diverse backgrounds
• Received teacher of the month
- Middle School English Teacher at Catalyst Charter Schools
- Student Intern at Fairview Elementary PreK
- Librarian Assistant-Student Supervisor at University of Dayton Roesch Library
- English Instructor at Westarin Global Culture Exchange Network
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Middle Childhood Education
Contributed to positive academic and social tone of school by demonstrating professionalism and enthusiasm for academic community. Maintained classroom discipline and modeled correct behaviors. Completed in-service and additional training to maintain professional growth. Cultivated relationships with parents for a complete support network. Kept classroom organized, clean, and safe for all students and visitors. Prepared and implemented lesson plans covering required course topics. Utilized multimedia strategies and technology to convey information in fresh and interesting ways. Corrected grammatical issues and imparted new rules appropriate to the instructional level. Built learning and citizenship skills to help with personal growth in addition to increasing academic knowledge. Led interesting and diverse group activities to engage students in the material. Evaluated and improved student reading comprehension through personalized instruction. Administered assessments and standardized tests to evaluate student progress. Developed activities and integrated technology to diversify instruction. Met with parents to resolve conflicting educational priorities and issues.
- Middle School English Teacher at STS. LEO-SETON CATHOLIC SCHOOL
- 6th Grade Teacher at LAFAYETTE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- 4th Grade Teacher at WESTMINSTER CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- 1st Grade Teacher at BREAUX BRIDGE PRIMARY SCHOOL
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- MASTER OF ARTS - Teaching
- BACHELOR OF GENERAL STUDIES - Behavioral Sciences