Baltimore, MD, July 2016 - Present
A K-12 College Preparatory School in Baltimore City founded on Quaker Principles such as Peace, Integrity, Community,
Equality, and Stewardship. The Middle School serves 190 students from all around Greater Baltimore.
Middle School Principal - Responsible for developing and maintaining a warm, inclusive, and academically rigorous
school community and climate in which all students have agency and can find success.
• Building Relationships o Develops trust and stewards key relationships among students, faculty, families, and School Administration in order to forward positive culture within school. o Engages in daily collaborative problem solving on matters immediate, long-term, Middle School specific, or related to the entire K-12 community. o Develops leadership in others, including Administrative Team, Department Chairs, Grade-Level Coordinators, and Students Leaders via regular goal setting, reflective conversations, and developing opportunities for others to exercise agency and decision making within the school community. o Maintains "open door" for all community members to have open, warm, transparent, and supportive conversations.
• Instructional and Curricular Leadership o Supervises a faculty of 25+ teachers across all academic disciplines. Engages in full yearly review process with several faculty members. o Supports growth of faculty by promoting and supporting Professional Development Opportunities with particular emphasis placed on best practices in Mind / Brain Education, developing cultural competency, and Restorative Practices. o Utilizes student data to reflect upon and set curricular goals. o Supported introduction of new curricular offerings, including: § Brain Lab: A class for all students to learn about the physiology of their brains, the relationship between the brain and learning, and to engage in metacognition. § InfoTech: Supported expansion of class for all Middle School students which focuses on digital citizenship, research skills, and coding projects. § Sex and Relationship Education: Has partnered with Planned Parenthood of Maryland to offer expanded and extensive sex and relationship education classes for all Middle School students, utilizing Planned Parenthood data-driven Why Family Life? curriculum. th § 8 Grade "Baltimore Trip" - Currently developing a 2-day "deep dive" into our home city. An opportunity for students to learn from organizations doing incredible work to forward our community.
• Other Responsibilities o In collaboration with Head of School, responsible for managing all Middle School search committees and hiring processes. Experience in running multiple searches, including: Assistant Principal for School Culture and Community Life, School Counselor, and teachers in all academic disciplines. o Participates in all admissions events, helps plan Middle School-specific events, and is a member of the Middle School Admissions Committee. o Manages divisional budget and reviews yearly to align school values with expenditures. o Teaches Life Skills classes across all Middle School grades. Classes focus on social / emotional learning and development of interpersonal skills.
- Middle School Principal at Friends School of Baltimore
- at Restorative Response Baltimore
- at National Association of Independent Schools National Convention
- Assistant Director for Curriculum and Teaching & Dean of Students at The Dalton School
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Leadership
Principal of middle school students
- Middle school principal at Zenith Academy
- 1st grade teacher at Zenith Academy
- Teacher at Sonshine Christan Academy Aug
- Lead Teacher/Middle School Teacher at Performance Academies
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Educational Administration
➢ Managed the day-to-day operations of a 6th - 8th grade school with an enrollment of approximately 225 students and 30 staff members.
➢ Co-facilitated the development of the Strategic Plan that is guiding the academic program and social-emotional growth of all students in the Middle School and High School over the next five years.
➢ Facilitated the School Culture and Climate Team in order to develop and implement tactics that will improve the social-emotional well-being of our students and staff in grades 6-12.
➢ Enhanced Middle School Activities and traditions including Spirit Day, Enrichment Week and 8th grade Graduation.
➢ Strengthened the Summer Camp program to include a week-long day camp experience, several art and technology camps and a co-ed music theatre camp experience.
➢ Provided professional development on the "Data Driven Dialogue Protocol" through which data gathered from a student survey was analyzed.
➢ Provided professional development on best practices in Middle School Instruction and in supporting the social-emotional wellness of adolescents and teens.
➢ Collaborated with the Director of Admissions through the many aspects of the admissions process.
➢ Managed student discipline.
➢ Hired, supervised, observed and evaluated staff members.
➢ Provided fiscal management of the building budget that supports instruction and student activities.
- Middle School Principal at Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women
- Principal at Seton Catholic School
- Intermediate School Principal at Victor Intermediate School
- Director of K-8 at ELA and Early Childhood Education
2 years at this Job
- Master's Degree - Reading K
- - Administrator
- Bachelor's Degree - Elementary Education
• Plan, monitor, and supervise the overall activities for middle school.
• Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate certificated and classified staff.
• Collaborate with instructional staff to develop and maintain curriculum standards, and set performance goals and objectives.
• Communicate with parents and staff on education activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems. School Site leadership experience.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL at Global Education Academy Middle School
- MATHEMATICS INSTRUCTOR at Los Angeles Film School
- ADMINISTRATOR, PUPIL SERVICES at Compton United School District
- DIRECTOR, SECONDARY EDUCATION at Compton United School District
4 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Arts, Instructional Leadership
- Bachelor of Science - Applied Mathematics
Upon becoming the middle school principal I developed and implemented policies and procedures that would support the staff as well as promote and honor diversity and respect among the student population as well as student scheduling and master scheduling for the middle and high schools. Through observations and walkthroughs I provided regular feedback on performance in a timely manner. I also updated the district wide hand book to keep up with the relevancy of the changing cultural norms and assisted in negotiating the Paraprofessional contract for the district. I also sat in on the district PPSC Committee as the lead administrator to ensure systems were being put in place and students would feel success. Professional Development and Certificates 5d+ Evaluation Training A.L.I.C.E Certified Instructor SWIS School-Wide Information Facilitator Restorative Practices Restraint and Seclusion CPI Certified Synergy Student Information System PPSC Training (Promoting Positive School Climate) CPR Certification Positive Behavior Support Systems De-escalation and Conflict Resolution Techniques Defiant, Manipulative & Attention-Seeking Students NWEA Testing and Reporting Reflex Math
- Middle School Principal at Lakeville Community Schools
- Columbiaville Elementary Principal at Lakeville Community Schools
- Teacher at Brown City Community Schools
1 year at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Educational Administration
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education
My responsibilities included observation and evaluation of teaching staff, supervising students while building rapport, communicating and building relationships with families, In addition, I worked with staff to create a positive, welcoming environment. I supported and encouraged staff and students to engage in experiential learning on a regular basis. I worked with families of students struggling with self-harm and/or sexuality and gender identity questions.
- Interim Middle School Principal at Sisters School District
- Substitute teacher, High Desert Educational Service District at Bend-La Pine, Redmond and Prineville schools
- Guest Services and cashier at Target
- Middle School Principal at Ravenna School District
9 months at this Job
- license - license and Ohio teaching and administration licenses
- Master of Education - Educational Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Education - Education
Provide administrative leadership and guidance to a comprehensive middle school to 300 students. Moreover, oversee the management of the school's operations & facilities and develop annual action and site improvement plans.
• Manage the implementation of the curriculum and school operation protocols.
• Ensure that teachers exhibit and maintain a high level of professionalism, instructional support and customer service;
• Ensure the academic success of individual students by utilizing all levels of academic support available and by maintaining a high level of communication with parents to deliver program information and address individual student needs;
• Manage relationships with the Department of Public Instruction, and stay current on the state's policies, procedures and legislation, including specific special education procedures, etc.;
• Provide the Board with regular written and verbal reports and updates, as well as maintaining a high level of communication with parents via weekly call outs and podcast messages;
• Implement and manage professional learning communities within the school, to encourage teacher collaboration and high academic achievement;
• Handle any student problems escalated by parents and teachers;
• Oversee the contracting and/or delivery of special education services to ensure that the school is in compliance with state and federal laws;
• Oversee the implementation and coordination of state standardized testing process, and ensure high student participation rates;
• Provide assistance to families in need of additional support to encourage a high level of participation;
• Recruit, supervise and evaluate all school staff as required by the state.
- Middle School Principal at Rocky Mountain Prep
- Assistant Principal at Hillside High School
- Dean of Students at Link Community School
- Assistant Girls Varsity Softball Coach at Abraham Lincoln High School
1 year at this Job
- PhD - Supervision and Curriculum Development
- M.A. - Administration & Supervision
- M.A. - Special Education
- B.A. - History
- Middle School Principal at Rosa Parks Middle School
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Middle School Principal at The School District of Lee County
- Principal of Lexington Middle School at The School District of Lee County
16 years, 11 months at this Job
- Education and Administration - Education and Adminiatration
Plan, implement, monitor and assess classroom instructional practices. Recruitment of a strong leadership team. Create equitable schedules that maximizes learning and teacher collaboration and smooth transitions. Participant of two city initiatives DCP and DCC. (District- Charter-School collaborations). Delegate responsibilities to appropriate staff members and follow-ups on progress. Ensure that the staff is current on professional literature and constantly exploring best practices.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL at Bronx Global Learning Institute For Girls Charter School
- Assistant Principal at P.S. 333 - The Museum School
- Literacy Coach at I.S
- Classroom Teacher at P.S. 333 - The Museum School
4 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Administration And Supervision