• Responsible for developing and maintaining a warm, inclusive, and academically rigorous school environment in which all students could have agency and find success.
• Strove to cultivate relationships among all community constituents based on mutual respect, partnership, and shared desire for all students to be their best, most authentic selves at school.
• Maintained "open door" for all community members to have open, warm, transparent, and supportive conversations.
• Supervised and evaluated a faculty of over 25 teachers and staff from across all academic disciplines.
• Developed leadership objectives for Administrative Team, Department Chairs, Grade-Level Coordinators, and Students Leaders via regular goal setting and reflective conversations.
• Supported the growth of the faculty and staff by promoting professional development opportunities, especially with regard to best practices in Mind / Brain Education, developing cultural competency, and Restorative Practices.
• Utilized student data to set curricular and instructional goals with teachers, administrators, and families.
• Managed all Middle School search committees and hiring processes for administrative, faculty, and staff positions.
• Managed and reviewed the annual divisional budget to align school values with resources and expenditures.
• Supported the introduction of new curricular offerings, including: ◦ Brain Lab: Students learned about the physiology of their brains, the relationship between the brain and learning, and how to engage in metacognition. ◦ Healthy Relationships Education: Partnered with Planned Parenthood of Maryland to offer expanded and extensive sex and relationship education classes for all Middle School students based on Planned Parenthood's "Family Life" curriculum. ◦ 8th Grade "Baltimore Trip" - Developed a 2-day "deep dive" into our home city that served as an opportunity for students to learn from organizations working to forward our community.
• Taught social-emotional curriculum in Life Skills classes across all Middle School grades.
- Middle School Principal at Friends School of Baltimore
- MS Assistant Director for Curriculum and Teaching & Dean of Students at The Dalton School
- Social Studies Department Chair, 8th Grade Teacher, and Advisor at The Dalton School
- American Delegation Leader at Seeds of Peace
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Leadership
- B.A. - American Studies & Theater
at North Albany Middle School Established and maintained good rapport with students, staff, and parents Supervised students and daily operation of the school Oversaw student discipline and worked with students, parents and staff to improve student behavior Observed and evaluated teachers and gave feedback based on best teaching practices Worked with PBIS team to establish and maintain green zone practices Managed 504 caseload with school counselors Developed master schedules and bell schedules Participated in the implementation of year one of RTI
at North Albany Middle School
Established and maintained good rapport with students, staff, and parents
Supervised students and daily operation of the school
Oversaw student discipline and worked with students, parents and staff to improve student behavior
Observed and evaluated teachers and gave feedback based on best teaching practices
Worked with PBIS team to establish and maintain green zone practices
Managed 504 caseload with school counselors
Developed master schedules and bell schedules
Participated in the implementation of year one of RTI
- Assistant Middle School Principal at Greater Albany Public Schools
- Teacher Leader at International Christian School
- Elementary School Teacher at International Christian School
- Elementary School Teacher at International Bilingual School
2 years at this Job
- Master of Arts in Organization and Leadership - Organization and Leadership
- Master of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies - Multidisciplinary Studies
- - Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Bachelors of Arts in Liberal Studies - English
Monitored and evaluated educational programs to ensure performance objectives and standards were continuously achieved.
- Middle School Principal at School District Of Sheboygan Falls
12 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Education
- Bachelor of Science - Middle Level Education
at this Job
- Assistant Middle School Principal at Bay City Public Schools
- Owner and therapist of Positive Potential at Youth Counseling Services
- Owner/Operator at State of Michigan
- Licensed Professional Counselor at State of Michigan
8 years, 8 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Education
- M.A. - Counseling
- B.A. - Elementary Education
• Responsible for all aspects of daily running of the middle school division, including hiring, mentoring, and evaluating faculty; overseeing curriculum development, scheduling, and advisor system
• Implemented divisional initiatives including redesign and facilitation of new middle school literacy program and foreign language program with initial improvements in writing and positive feedback from all constituents
• Developed and implemented faculty professional learning and growth program with a focus on Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) and teacher observation and evaluation, resulting in improved classroom practice to benefit all student learning
• Devised and implemented new Response to Intervention (RTI) team which increased the identification and support of students with learning and behavior needs
• Initiated and collaborated with all division heads to implement a school-wide plan for character education, beginning with the adoption of a more robust and revised citizenship rubric
- Middle School Principal at Brent International School Manila
- Assistant Middle School and High School Principal at American International School of Guangzhou, Guangzhou
- IB Instructor at IB Psychology and Theory of Knowledge
- History Department Chair and Instructor at Kent Denver School
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- MA in Educational Leadership - Educational Leadership
- - History and American Studies
40+ Hours Per Week Living A Mission, Vision, and Beliefs Focused on Results: * Creates and implements a vision that leads to student improvement for all learners * Facilitates PLCs focused on academic discourse and academic rigor in all content areas * Develops a shared vision of rigor and high expectations for both scholars and teachers * Ensures data drives decisions school-wide * Conducts crucial conversations based on student performance data for purpose of enhancing student learning * Develops, implements and monitors outcomes of school improvement plan and student achievement data to improve student learning * Partners with staff and teachers to create safe, clean, orderly learning environment * As a 1:1 STEM school, we utilize current technologies to support scholar instruction * Align resources to improve teaching and learning * Engages staff in a shared vision for effective teaching and learning by implementing a standards-based curriculum, relevant to student needs and interests, research-based effective practice, academic rigor, and high expectations for student learning in every classroom * Supports and Implements curricular scope and sequence * Reviews instructional practices and creates continuous improvement cycles for professional development * Creates develops and sustains relationships that result in active student engagement in the learning process * Utilizes meaningful feedback of students, staff, families, and community in the evaluation of school programs and policies * Proactively engages families and communities in support of child's learning and school learning goals * Strengthens collaboration with other schools, as well as local, regional, national and international communities * Builds capacity in teachers to lead outside of the four walls * Develop professional learning networks within schools, as well as local communities * Leads with professionalism and treats all people fairly and with dignity and respect. Protects the rights and confidentiality of students and staff * Creates and supports a climate that values, accepts, and understands diversity in culture and point of view. * Leads a school culture and environment that successfully develops the full range of students' learning capacities - academic, creative, social-emotional, and behavioral
- Middle School Principal at Gestalt Community Schools
- Dean of Instruction at Gestalt Community Schools
- Turnaround Founding High School Academy Director at Frayser Community Schools
- Race to the Top Title I Literacy Coach at Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master's in Executive Leadership in Education - Executive Leadership
- Teaching Certification
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
Prepared required reports and paperwork such as translating discipline reports and suspension reports, expulsion paperwork, injury reports, parent communications, and other paperwork as assigned.
● Performed other duties as assigned by the School Principal.
● Enforced guidelines to maintain proper discipline and conduct.
● Communicated relevant policies and procedures with regard to student discipline, conduct, and attendance to students.
● Served as Spanish translator.
- Administrative Assistant to Middle School Principal at Opportunity Charter School
- Group Leader at Children's Aid Society
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep at PartsChannel Inc
- Teaching Assistant at Belmont Community Daycare
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Education
High School Ahead Academy
• Manage a staff of 40 employees and 200+ students
• Operate a million-dollar + budget
• School met state accountability various years
• Implemented district wide over age program for students to complete two years in one
- Middle School Principal at Houston ISD
- Month Middle School Assistant Principal/Dean at Houston ISD
- Adult High School Spanish Teacher at Houston Community College
- Parent Engagement Specialist at Houston ISD
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Educational Administration
- Bachelor's - Spanish
Middle School Principal Coalinga Middle School Coalinga-Huron Unified School District Middle School Principal Greenville Elementary/High School Plumas Unified School District K-12 Principal 08/2012 - 06/2014
- K-12 Principal at Elizabeth Ustach Middle Scjhool
- High School Principal at Rosamond High School
- Elementary School Principal at Crowell Elementary School
- Middle School Principal at Lompoc Valley Middle School
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Masters in Education - Educational Leadership
- Bachelor of Science - Physical Education
- Associate Arts degree - General Education