Middle School Science Teacher. I incorporate core standards and grade level text books with my curriculum. I also use web based materials as well as in class experiments for the student's enrichment.
- Middle School Science Teacher at Archdiocese of Newark
- Waiter/Server at Bay Point Inn
- Driver at Brinks
- Logistics Coordinator Lead Tech at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psycholgy
- Associate - Criminal Justice
Currently working as a middle school science teacher, teaching physical, life, and earth sciences to 6th grade students. Daily tasks and duties include:
• Collaborating with other 6th grade science teachers to create rigorous, engaging, hands-on lesson plans to prepare students for the ACT Aspire state test.
• Attending weekly Professional Learning Community meetings with other science teachers.
• Working with and implementing technology into my lessons.
• Differentiating and adapting curriculum to meet the varying needs of all students in my classroom.
• Attending weekly after school professional development meetings.
• Mentoring three students once weekly to assist them in preparing for the ACT Aspire state test.
- Middle School Science Teacher at El Dorado School District
- Cashier/Stocker at Hunter's Shop N Save
- Teaching Assistant at Mount Holyoke College
- Restoration Ecology Program Intern at Mount Holyoke College
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Environmental Studies
Pharmacy Technician, Superpharm - Price Plaza, Chaguanas. Assisted with compounding and dispensing medicine under the supervision of a Pharmacist. It was necessary for me to procure, store and issue pharmaceutical supplies. I also maintained files and records and assisted with the labelling of medications as well as dealing with customers on usage of medications. Lifeguard- Trotter YMCA, Houston, Texas Maintained a safe environment for patrons by constant vigilance over pool area and enforcing of rules. Babysitter/Tutor, College Nannies and Tutors, Houston, Texas Worked with children of all ages ensuring their safety as well as stimulating learning and games along with some tutoring, Middle School Science Teacher- Currently still working as a middle school science teacher, teaching grades sixth grade as well as eight grade. Daily tasks include:
• Differentiating and adapting curriculum to teach a wide range of students with carrying needs.
• Writing extensive lesson plans, including the planning and carrying out of hands on activities consistent with the Texas Essential Knowledge Skills to prepare them for their STAAR exams.
• Individually establishing and attained goals for each student
• Organizing parent-teacher conferences to communicate learning development of the students and maximize the effectiveness of parent-teacher-student triangle.
• Work extensively with students via hands on labs in the classroom, developing a safe and exciting laboratory environment for kids.
• Worked with and implemented various forms on technology in my lessons.
• Facilitating group discussions and presentations.
• I have also undergone multiple professional development trainings including ESL trainings to learn better ways of teaching and supporting students whose first language is not English.
- Middle School Science Teacher at Sheldon Independent School District
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- M.ENG - PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
• Responsibilities Created and designed lesson plans that featured group work, pair and share techniques, computer integration and hands-on activities. Taught eighth grade science for three years and sixth grade science for four years, fifth grade science for one year. Worked with parents and other staff to monitor student growth. Proctored testing for benchmarks and state tests. Worked with laptops, I-Pads, smart boards, and integrated computer applications for science learning. Accomplishments Former fifth grade student was featured with President Obama in connection with STEM program May 27,2014. Organized Science Fairs, Science Olympiads, and Science Clubs Managed five field trips to Students2Science, a professional laboratory In East Hanover NJ. Helped develop and write curriculum for eighth and sixth grades. Worked with students as a drum teacher after school Helped the school attain Middle States Accreditation by featuring students on task, quiet, and engaged in the classrooms. Skills Used Professionalism, leadership, dedication, punctuality and a thirst for knowledge led to successful use of computer applications. Google Docs, Vernier training, Class Dojo, Edmodo, Smart Board, Apple technology, and Microsoft Office were some of the programs used.
- Middle School Science Teacher at Paterson School #16
- Substitute Teacher at Bergen County Technical High School
- Student Teacher at H.B. Whitehorne Middle School
at this Job
- Master of Arts - Secondary Education Science Concentration
- 34 Science Credits - Science
- BA - Communications
• Work both collaboratively and individually to create a rich and diverse learning environment for the middle school science and advisory programs.
• Strive to maintain differentiation based on student learning style
• Maintain a productive working environment through proper classroom management and engaging lesson plans.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of students using various methods and keep record of student progress.
• Plan, construct, and teach project based lesson plans with an eye toward STEM and Next Generation Standards for science.
• Purchase and manage materials required of the science program and maintain a safe and organized classroom laboratory.
• Implement responsive classroom techniques and maintain a safe environment for children to communicate, learn and prosper.
• Maintain active communication with parents based on student progress, the science program, and additional activities related to school life.
• Maintain active engagement in school committees, clubs, professional development and community outreach activities. Specific Achievements:
• Served on the Capitol Area Progressive Schools steering committee for promoting partnerships between the area K-8 private schools and organized opportunities for collaboration and professional development at participating schools.
• Obtained master teacher status through the BIOEyes program at the Carnegie Institute.
• Worked closely with administrators to earn Maryland Green School Certification through various school-wide events and practices and the leadership of both faculty and student green committees.
• Gave workshop at Progressive Educators Network conference in Los Angeles, CA on coordinating and assessing large, multi-disciplined student projects.
• Lead teacher on multiple outdoor education opportunities with children from annual backpacking trips on the Appalachian Trial and camping on Assateague Island, to service learning with the Anacostia Watershed Society.
• Lead teacher in charge of developing 5th - 8th grade science curriculum, scope and sequence.
• Served 1 year as clerk of the faculty.
• Served 2 years as teacher representative to the board of school.
• Maintained membership in the National Science Teachers Association.
- Middle School Science Teacher at Friends Community School
- at NSTA Conference hosted by Carolina Biological
- General Lab Assistant at Entomology Department at University of Maryland
- Biological Technician at USDA/NRCS National Plant Materials Center
10 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Ecology
- Associates of Science - Guitar Theory and Practice
Middle Science Teacher, 7th Grade Team Lead, District Science Lead, Middle School Leadership Committee Tolleson, AZ August 2016 to Present Currently I hold the position of lead 7th grade middle school science teacher. I also hold my school's position of Science Lead for the district, which allows me to correlate and design my school's Science Fair. I proudly Participate in the school's Leadership Committee where we make school wide decisions for the best interest for our students, parents and staff. Outside of these and many other comments I plan rigorously lessons to challenge students in Science yet enhance their ELA, Social Studies, and Math skills as well. I encourage project -based learning opportunity at all cost and provide openness in the classroom so jay students feel they can learn at all levels of education. Goals are set at each for educational success and met weekly and monthly. Hardcastle Ministries Youth Pastor Goodyear, AZ Responsibilities Prepare strong sermons to help reach today's youth and bring them closer to Christ. I tutor children in grade k-12 via our online forum and provide youth group activities to enhance the youths to make better choices in school and life.
- Middle School Science Teacher at Hurley Ranch Elementary School
- Special Needs Tutur/Mentor ( Owner) at Wonderland Education and Mentoring
- Third Grade Teacher at Harvest Preparatory Academy
- teacher, my responsibilities promoted too at Substitute
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Higher Education
7th grade life science and 8th grade physical science Advisor to 14 middle school students (mixed grades)
- Middle School Science Teacher at Bentley School
- Upper School Science Teacher at Convent of the Sacred Heart
- Upper School Science Teacher at The Chapin School
- Science Teacher at HUNTER COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Science Education - Science Education
- Bachelor of Arts in History of Science, Medicine, Technology
- High school or equivalent - TEACHING EXPERIENCE
• Effectively engaged students in a Title I school to help promote achievement and student growth
• Created lessons and facilitated learning to ensure that all students were engaged and learning
• Effectively led colleagues as one of the Louise Radloff Middle School eClass Lead Innovators
• Modeled effective ways to use Web 2.0 tools for classroom instruction
• Maintained an online interface to support student learning
• Created lessons that were infused with technology and hands on activities to effectively utilize the Gradual Release Method of Instruction
• Provided differentiated learning opportunities for all students including approximately 100 ESOL students over the course of two years
- Middle School Science Teacher at Gwinnett County Public Schools - Radloff Middle School
- Middle School Science Teacher at Gwinnett County Public Schools - Shiloh Middle School
- Middle School Science Teacher at Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Science Camp Instructor at Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Elementary Education
Taught middle school science including grades 5,6,7, and 8; using the LabLearner System along with the New York State Standards and New Generation. I also taught creative writing and was the choir teacher. I completed other tasks as needed.
- Middle School Science Teacher at St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Academy at Diocese of Brooklyn
- STEM Specialist at Sports and Arts
- High School General Science Teacher at Montgomery Public Schools
- Record Analyst at Alabama State University
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Curriculum and Instruction/ Science (K-14)
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- High School Diploma
Middle school science and social science teacher
- Middle School Science Teacher at Bulloch County Board of Education
- Owner/Operator at Zaxby's Restaurant
- Middle School Teacher at
- Middle School Teacher at Effingham County Board of Education
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - BSEd HTH/PE