Brazil. Middle school teacher of general science teaching to the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grades. 30h/week.
- Middle school teacher at Sciences at João Colin School
- High school teacher at Sciences at João Colin School
- Reseacher at Federal University of Santa Catarina
- Researcher at University of Joinville's Region
2 months at this Job
- PhD - Environmental Engineering
- Doctor - William Gerson Matias. Co-advisor
- Bachelor degree in Biological Sciences - Marine Biology
My successes in being a middle school teacher are demonstrated primarily by the growth of my students as ready and willing learners. It shows in their excitment for numerous fundraisers, events, and field trips I’ve single handedly planned and flawlessly executed. The high quality individualized instruction my students receive is integrated across more than one subject area and require them to develop and apply various twenty-first century skills on a daily basis.
- Middle School Teacher at Newark Street School
- Farm Hand/Laborer at The Rocks Estate
- Wine Server at Seven Birches Winery
- Elementary School Teacher at Bethlehem Elementary School
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - English Education (5-12)
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education (K-8)
- High school - n/a
* Instructed 6-8 grades, including overseeing homeroom and study hall * Develop strong relationships and communication with parents from various backgrounds through e-mail, face-to-face contact and phone communication. * Instructed students with various skill levels by differentiating instruction. * Assistant volleyball coach, assistant middle school play director, supervisor of Student Council, creator of middle school trivia night. * Worked closely with coworkers within my building, administration, and diocese on measurable data. * Sent by administration to a national conference to take notes, instruct staff, and lead supervision over various teams on information gathered from conference. * Led a variety of meetings for my team, building staff, and administration. * Create and oversee data collection for the middle school team. * Participated in making the building wide schedule. * Team member on the Student Support Team (building academic intervention), PBIS team (positive behavior intervention support), Social Studies Committee, Discipline Board (building behavior intervention), and Co- Team Leader of the middle school PLC (professional learning community). * Coordinated events for grandparent's day, Veterans Day, and the Vietnam Wall Memorial. * Awarded best teacher participation prize and outstanding class participation from the Polk County Bar Association & ARAG. * Awarded middle school teacher of the year by the Beaverdale VFW in recognition for my promotion of citizenship in my classroom and my work with veterans.
- Middle School Teacher at St. Theresa Catholic School
- Sales Associate at Old Navy
- Camp Counselor at Salvation Army
- Front Desk Supervisor at Comfort Inn Hotel
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Endorsements
- Middle School Teacher's Aide at Ben Franklin Middle School
- Kindergarten Teacher's Aide at St. Paul Catholic School
- Kindergarten Teacher's Aide at Hayes Leonard School
- President at School Advisory Council
2 years at this Job
- BA - Telecommunications
As a middle school teacher, I was responsible for teaching most of the core subjects such as English, Writing, History, Science, and Bible. I also taught Spanish and P.E. as the elective classes.
- Middle School Teacher at Calvary Christian Academy
- Spanish Teacher at KIPP Denver Collegiate
- Spanish Teacher at Imagine College Preparatory High School
- Spanish Teacher at Life Christian Academy
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Art of Teaching (MAT)
- Bachelor's - Psychology
• Subjects taught while employed: 6-8 grade Math including Algebra 1, 6th&7th grade English, 6th-8th grade Social Studies, 7th &8th grade Science.
• Elective classes taught while employed: Director of Drama, Crocheting, and Mandala Art.
• Conduct small group and individual classroom activities with students based on individual learning needs to ensure the progress of all students.
• Advise students for math and program placement during transition to high school.
• Advise parents to help facilitate student educational, behavioral, and social success.
• Employ assessment tools to gauge student progress and improve instruction methods.
• Co-creator and facilitator of Student Learning Communities-a project-based, cross-curricular, multi-grade level educational program.
• Spearhead Pyramid of Intervention program to support general education students with behavioral and/or educational challenges.
• Spearhead laptop computer program for middle school to ensure all students have access to computer technology for assignments, activities, and projects.
• Negotiator for district teachers' union communicating with administration and school board regarding revision of contract language, pay scale, and benefits package.
• Organize and schedule elective classes for middle school students.
• Organize and schedule Student-Parent-Teacher conferences to maximize communication and allow positive teacher and student feedback, create attainable student goals, and offer suggestions for any ongoing issues.
• Organize and schedule field trips for single grade or whole middle school with regard to all planning, logistics, communication with organizations and parents, and following all district guidelines.
• Participate in ongoing educational staff training including CPR, first aid, and EpiPen use.
• Attend a variety of professional development conferences focused on subject specific workshops including Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies.
- Middle School Teacher at Lagunitas School District
- Small Business Owner at Personal Pet Companion
- Licensed Veterinary Technician at Oakland Animal Hospital
- Licensed Veterinary Technician at Vet Select Animal Hospital
11 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education - Elementary Education
- Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology - Veterinary Technology
* Teach social study for 8th grades and maintained grade level parent email list to keep parents informed of current information in the school. * Thoroughly analyzed students' test data and provided Personal Blended Learning. * Actively teach 8th grade in a comprehensive setting, encouraged students to learn from one another by planning cooperative group learning activities and by allowing students to work with partners or groups of four.
- Middle School Teacher at MCCONNELL MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Middle School Teacher at ROOSEVELT MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Middle School Teacher at BAYVIEW MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL
- Teacher at SHERMAN MULTICULTURAL ARTS SCHOOL
1 year at this Job
- Associate in Liberal Art - Middle Education
- Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction - Curriculum and Instruction
- Bachelor of Art in Sociology - Sociology
- Doctor of Education in Education Leadership - Education
8th grade Social Studies teacher
- Middle School Teacher at Kingman Middle School
- Program Educator at Asset Builders
- Middle School teacher at Business and Economics Academy of Milwaukee
5 months at this Job
- Certification - Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
I am currently teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grade math and also teach a 7th & 8th grade robotics course. I am also the Lead Middle School Teacher, which means that I am the individual that teachers come to with questions, concerns or comments. I also lead monthly middle school meetings and communicate weekly schedule information with middle school staff. Throughout my few years at Pella Christian, I have also been a part of many new initiatives and am often asked to lead in a multitude of different ways.
- Middle School Math Teacher and Lead Middle School Teacher at Pella Christian Grade School
- School Administrator at Borculo Christian School
- Middle School Math Teacher & Lead Middle School Teacher at Pella Christian Grade School
- Machinist, Tool & Die/Maintenance Work at Rock Industries
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Educational Leadership
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education & Math Endorsement
• Implementing grade 7 and 8 Science curriculum plans
• Maintain open and ongoing communication with parents regarding children activities, behavior and development
• Maintain confidential records and reports on each child assigned
• Collaborating with colleagues
• Evaluating the progress of students and grading their work
• Instructing students with varying abilities
• Consulting with school administrators, counselors and other staff members as needed to plan and execute activities.
- Middle School Teacher at Grier Middle School
- Insurance and Sales Advisor at Holy Childhood High School
- Teacher- Biology, Chemistry at Holy Childhood High School
- Chancellor Insurance Agency at Holy Childhood High School
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- bachelor's - science and Technology Education
- Diploma - General Science and History
- Associate - Hospitality and Tourism Management