Andover MA May 2018 - 2019
Cell line development department with a focus on post-translational modifications in therapeutics.
Molecular Biologist (Contract)
• Lead in the creation and verification of complex mammalian DNA expression vectors.
• Expert in molecular biology techniques including plasmid preparation, restriction endonuclease digestion, vector construction, PCR, Gibson assembly, and In silico analysis of DNA.
• Experienced in generation and characterization of genetically engineered mammalian cell lines using multi-landing pad DNA integration systems as well as CRSIPR/Cas9 design and implementation.
• Use of multiple analysis techniques including gel electrophoresis, flow cytometry by Sony SH800 and Fortessa, Octet system analysis of antibody titer, Nova bioprofile flex, and ddPCR.
• Presented results and goals to group, department, and across Pfizer sites.
- Molecular Biologist at Lancesoft Inc., Pfizer Inc
- PhD Candidate at Boston University School of Medicine, Biochemistry Department
- Lab Manager/Research Assistant IV at Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Ctr/VA Healthcare systems
- Lab Assistant at Tufts University School of Medicine, Human Nutrition Research Center
8 months at this Job
- PhD in Biochemistry - Cell Biology
- BS in Medical Laboratory Science - Medical Laboratory Science
- - Clinical
Molecular Biologist/Laboratory Scientist in U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Astrix/A-TEK contractor) 06/2018-present
• Perform molecular testing methods (DNA extraction and real-time qPCR) to rapidly identify and characterize potential pathogenic bacterial and viral threat agents from daily samples (BSL-3).
• Handle, receive and process Quality Assurance (QA) and Proficiency Test (PT) samples.
• Collect, process and analyze internal laboratory swabs for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
• Ensure incoming biological samples are processed and triaged maintaining chain of custody (COC).
• Prepare written and oral reports, answer questions, troubleshoot and make recommendations to the supervisor for inclusion in comprehensive reports on test findings.
• QA/QC of reagents in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Maintain and operate equipment including performing calibrations, adjustments, and to operate equipment and instruments properly and in a safe manner.
Molecular Biologist/Laboratory Scientist in U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Molecular Biologist/Laboratory Scientist at U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Research Specialist/Postdoctoral Researcher at Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
- Research Scientist at Chemily LLC
- Research Associate at Georgia State University
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- PhD of Science in Biological Science - Dissertation
- Master of Science in Biology - Biology
- Master of Science in Botany - chemical
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Science - Research on the expression
Executed molecular testing of potential pathogenic bacterial and viral threat agents for the Biowatch program. -Executed daily operations at the Los Angeles Biowatch laboratory by conducting molecular testing of potential bacterial and viral bioterrorism threat agents. -Responsible for QA/QC testing, monitoring, and record keeping. Managed laboratory inventory, ordering, maintained chain of custody documentation, interpreted and reported results to public health and program officials.
- Molecular Biologist at Los Angeles County Public Health
- Assistant Research Scientist at New York State Department of Health
- Research Associate at Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Research Associate | Lab Manager at Old Dominion Research Foundation
2 years at this Job
- MS - Biomedical Sciences
- BS - Pharmaceutical Sciences
* Project manager, ensure contract projects are completed properly in a timely manner * Design and execute custom assays * Laboratory manager, train new laboratory techs, order supplies, ensure machines are running properly and maintained * Proficient with GLP, CAP, and CLIA regulations, record keeping * Proficient in most micro and molecular techniques * NGS sequencing extremely proficient with Illumina instruments and kits * Validating and Writing New protocols and SOP's
- Molecular Biologist at ACGT Inc
- Molecular Biologist at ACGT Inc
- Adjunct Faculty at Salt Lake Community College
- Adjunct Faculty at Dixie State College
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- BS in Biology - Biology
• Isolation of Nucleic acid in clinical specimens by high throughput total nucleic acid extractor (Qia symphony)
• Amplification of infectious targets by Real -Time PCR and Multiplex PCR
• Assay setup and High Resolution Melt Analysis
• Preparing the documents and checking the quality criteria for NABL HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography):
• Separation of vitamins, Metanephrines and Non- Metanephrines using HPLC (Agilent Technologies) Technical Expertise Real Time PCR:
• ROTOR GENE Q 5plex HRM
• Bio-Rad CFX96 Thermal Cycler
• MIC PCR
• Aus diagnostics
• Automatic magnetic bead based nucleic acid extraction using Qia symphony, Siemens K Versant PCR
• Knowledge in Elite In genius
• Knowledge in Bioinformatics sequence analysis tools, Data bases. IMPLANT TRAINING Name of the Organisation Duration Area of Exposure Aravind Eye Hospital, 6 days Coimbatore Sakthi Soyas, Pollachi 5 days PROJECT DETAILS
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST at Microbiological Laboratory
- at Molecular Study and Clinical Diagnosis of Thalassemia
- at Microbiolgy
- at Survey on Agro Products
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B Tech - Technology
• Conducted predictive toxicology, systems biology, molecular biology, and computational biology.
• Used of zebrafish for predictive toxicology, development of a dashboard, bioinformatics, and novel approaches for environmental toxicology.
• Have strong publication record, and demonstration of ability to participant in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Molecular Biologist Intern at ORISE
- NOAA NERTO INTERNSHIP/National Weather Service at
- Junior Chemist at ARA
- Lab Technician at Complex Chemicals
2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Thesis Summary
- M.S. - Environmental Science
- Safety Certification
- B.S. - Biology
- PhD. - Present
Performing antibiotic potency test and antibiotic sensitivity test Carrying out cell line propagation, cell counting, cell viability and cell passing Performing mycoplasma test, PCR, feasibility testing for determining ds DNA Carrying out isolation of DNA, RNA, viral RNA, plasma and PBMCs Performing SDS PAGE and gel electrophoresis, determining RNAse and DNAse activity Preparing viral pool and carrying out feasibility study to check virucidal effect and determining the titer of viruses Preparing graphs, analyzing data using Microsoft Excel and using Trinity antibiotic plate reader for determining zone
Performing antibiotic potency test and antibiotic sensitivity test
Carrying out cell line propagation, cell counting, cell viability and cell passing
Performing mycoplasma test, PCR, feasibility testing for determining ds DNA
Carrying out isolation of DNA, RNA, viral RNA, plasma and PBMCs
Performing SDS PAGE and gel electrophoresis, determining RNAse and DNAse activity
Preparing viral pool and carrying out feasibility study to check virucidal effect and determining the titer of viruses
Preparing graphs, analyzing data using Microsoft Excel and using Trinity antibiotic plate reader for determining zone
- Molecular Biologist at GIBRALTAR LABORATORIES
- Research Associate at Abhiruchi Probiotics
- Research Intern at CSIR- National Chemical Laboratory
11 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science - Biotechnology
Provide technical support on chemical, biochemical, and microbial substances Perform technical evaluations and reviews for screenings of chemical, biochemical, and microbial substances in support decision-making Prepare reports and program documents to communicate technical results, conclusions, and make recommendations.
• Handling, receipt, and processing of operational, Quality Assurance (QA), and proficiency test (PT) samples potentially containing biological threat agents;
• Preparing reagents and samples;
• Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP);
• Decontamination of work spaces, including Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs), hoods/air boxes, equipment, and other items associated with processing and analysis activities;
• Maintaining chain-of-custody (CoC);
• Interpretation of results;
• Data entry utilizing computerized or computer-linked systems;
• Performing routine equipment calibration, cleaning, assembly, and maintenance;
• Collecting, processing, and analyzing internal laboratory swipes/swabs for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) and contamination monitoring;
• Proper disposal of biohazardous waste;
• Restocking and maintaining proper inventory of necessary supplies;
• Supporting BW Program logistics in conducting and documenting annual inventory of DHS-procured durable equipment and property;
• QA/QC and acceptance testing of reagents in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Laboratory Operations Quality Assurance Program Plan (QAPP);
• Adhering to QA/QC requirements in accordance with the Public Health Laboratory quality management systems and the QAPP;
• Maintaining documentation of records demonstrating compliance with applicable training/retraining, competencies, and document reviews;
• Analyzing routine external QA samples in accordance with the BW SOP’s and QA Program guidance;
• Proper archiving, storage, and shipping of samples;
• Follow and adhere to written procedures and accepted practices in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, safety, security and dress code policies, procedures and guidelines, including DHS Safeguarding Sensitive but Unclassified (For Official Use Only) Information (January 2005) when visiting or working at Government facilities;
• Preparing written and oral technical reports, answering questions, and making recommendations to the Lead Biological Scientist for inclusion in comprehensive reports;
• Accurately performing work with confidence;
• Demonstrate competency in various testing methodologies (e.g., multi-center studies), evaluate potential products and processes against unique environmental backgrounds, and meet established deadlines.
Provide technical support on chemical, biochemical, and microbial substances
Perform technical evaluations and reviews for screenings of chemical, biochemical, and microbial substances in support decision-making
Prepare reports and program documents to communicate technical results, conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Molecular Biologist at Biowatch
- GLP/PCR Lab Technician at USAMRIID
- Biological Scientist/Molecular Biologist at BIOWATCH
- Clinical Embryologist/Andrologist at Ferility Specialists Medical Group
1 year, 1 month at this Job
• Design and Optimize PCR Assays
• Develop custom DNA and RNA extraction processes and protocols
• DNA Cloning
• Write work instructions and protocols
• Coordinate with engineers and biologists to improve biological manufacturing processes
• Plan daily manufacturing schedule and work-flow
• Create training resources and train biological manufacturing personal
- Molecular Biologist at Biomeme
- Manufacturing Associate at Manufacturing Laboratory
- Insurance Benefits Verification Specialist at AmerisourceBergen-Access One
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Prepares and analyzes samples consisting of varieties of Cannabis products
o Develops automated systems for data analysis and compilation
● Regularly performs DNA microarray hybridization o Performs efficacy experiments for single-well dual-hybridization
● Maintains and troubleshoots laboratory instruments
● Ensures that all data generated meet quality control requirements
● Researches new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory processes and techniques
● Undertakes routine tasks such as consumables ordering, sample storage and disposal
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST at Steep Hill
- MICROBIOLOGY ANALYST at Rm3 Labs
- VOLUNTEER RESEARCH ASSISTANT at Institute for Behavioral Genetics, Stitzel Lab CU Boulder
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT at University of West Florida, Daly-Engel Shark Lab
8 months at this Job
- B.S. in Biology - Biology
- B.A. in Philosophy - Philosophy
- High School Diploma