Position Title: Loan Officer
Reports to: Branch Partner or Branch Manager
Position Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
FLSA Classification / Type: Non-Exempt / Administrative
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Know and successfully apply the principles of:
a. Lending basics
c. Loan documentation
d. Lending guidelines
e. Fiscal literacy
f. Deal structuring
g. Computer technology
2. Develop and use a strong Unique Selling Proposition (USP) with potential clients, clients and referral partners.
3. Use excellent phone skills in generating leads, making sales presentations and communicating with clients and staff.
4. Create and make face-to-face sales presentations to individuals or groups.
5. Help create collateral presentation materials.
6. Complete all loan applications thoroughly before sending to processor.
7. Contribute to organizing and attending broker open houses.
8. Build and manage electronic database of past clients, referral partners and potential clients.
9. Successfully use creative marketing and sales practices to create new business.
10. Understand and effectively utilize industry sales tools including: Mortgage Coach, The Perfect Loan Process, Mortgage Market Guide, etc.
11. Build purposeful relationships with referral partners by:
a. Consistently attending networking groups
b. Consistently attending open houses
c. Consistently visiting referral partners
d. Becoming a community resource
12. Provide excellent customer service that adds value to leads, clients and referral partners through:
a. Contacting with a purpose of educating
b. Creating and distributing Gifts of Knowledge (GOK) materials
c. Building a multi-dimensional network of professionals for referral purposes
13. Utilize an effective personal time management system.
14. Complete company reporting requirements accurately and in a timely fashion.
15. Invest in your career through e-learning sites, seminars, business courses, literature and coaching.
This position performs additional duties as assigned, given adequate guidance and resources. This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Must be actively and appropriately licensed as a Loan Officer and possess National Mortgage Licensing & Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008.
2. Minimum of at least one year of experience in the mortgage field is required; two years of mortgage experience or previous sales support experience is preferred.
3. Strong pipeline skills, with an ability to prioritize complex diversified responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
4. Knowledge of federal and state fair lending requirements.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with others.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
7. Strong customer service skills.
8. Ability to use deductive reasoning.
9. Working knowledge of Encompass and RESPA software.
10. Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet applications.
11. Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable.
12. Technologically savvy and comfortable learning new computer systems and programs.
13. Ability to adapt to changing environments, situations, and job responsibilities.
14. Ability to work flexible hours and overtime, if needed.
15. Strong moral compass with high standards for workplace integrity.
16. Successful completion of all ALCOVA required training for the position of Loan Coordinator.
EXPECTATIONS & GUIDELINES
All loan officers will either be considered outside loan officer or inside loan officers depending upon the amount of time that will be spent in the office versus outside the office. (See inside and outside sales agreements. As a condition of employment, Employee must at all times be able to meet any and all applicable qualifications and standards required for Loan Officer licensure under the SAFE Act. Employee must remain current on any and all applicable registration, licensing and training obligations required under the SAFE Act and/or any other state, federal or local laws pertaining to Loan Officer certification or standards. Employee is not entitled to commission on any loan originated at any time when Employee was not properly licensed. Employee may only originate loans in the state where s/he is licensed and Employee and/or his/her Branch are physically located.
This job operates in a clerical office setting; climate controlled surroundings with adequate lighting and little or moderate noise when in the office. In this role, the individual routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and photocopying is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M. Evening and weekend work may be required, as job duties demand.
We were founded in 2003 based on a Passion to Serve with Excellence! We have Branches located throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions of the U.S. and are continuing to expand westward. Our Mortgage Loan Officers specialize in customizing the right loan to meet our clients’ individual needs and goals. Our Operations Group and Corporate specializes in providing first-class service to our Loan Officers! WE ARE ALCOVA!!