The Mortgage Specialist functions as the primary point of contact with the borrower and establishes rapport with all parties in the transaction. Conducts "Welcome" correspondence with the borrower(s) as well as providing frequent loan status updates. Reviews loan application for accuracy and follows up with borrower(s) to clarify and or obtain any missing information.
• Performs initial set-up of loan in the Mortgage Network LOS to validate all data input, review pricing and product choices to ensure they are the right option for the borrower. Validates borrower qualification for compliance with the program selected.
• Generates and validates the Bundled Initial Disclosure package and issues disclosure package to borrower. Reviews required daily reporting to ensure compliance with all Mortgage Network and regulatory disclosure requirements.
• Performs the validation process for assets, liabilities, employment and income based on information entered on the loan application. Performs a preliminary underwriting review for adherence with company underwriting and product guidelines. This includes generation and a thorough examination of automated underwriting system (AUS) feedback, as applicable, to proactively request documentation to satisfy conditions noted on the AUS.
• Obtains and Reviews all third-party Vendor documentation such as Appraisal, Title, Flood, Data Verify, ComplianceEase, Project Approval (if condo) and any other required services PRIOR to submission for underwriting approval.
• Transfers a fully documented, current credit file to Underwriting for initial credit approval.
• Once applicable state licenses are obtained, the Mortgage Specialist will take loan applications; discuss pricing and lock options with the borrower; and lock rates with NT Desk, under direction of borrower and/or Loan Officer.
• Distributes correspondence, thank you cards, after closing surveys, etc. in adherence with Loan Officer's marketing strategy.
- Mortgage Specialist at Mortgage Network Inc
- Loan Quality Assurance Analyst at Salem Five Bank
- Assistant Branch Manager at Eastern Bank
- Coaching and training teller team to process transactions accurately, efficiently, and in accordance at Bank of America
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Accounting & Finance Management
- - Associate of Business Administration
- - Accounting and Business
Responsible for handling all incoming sales calls, taking applications, pricing the loan, setting up a borrower call with the Mortgage Specialist to review options, keeping the borrower up to date throughout the loan process. Organizing the schedule of the Sr. Mortgage Specialist to optimize their time available to originate loans. Maintain borrower contact and coordinate the loan through to closing. Contact previous customers to set up annual client reviews and generate referrals.
- Mortgage Specialist at EQUITY RESOURCES INC
- Accountant at City of Parkland
- Senior Accounting Assistant at City of Coral Springs
- Principal Office Assistant at City of Coral Springs
9 months at this Job
- BS - Accounting
Report trial payments into HSSN system daily to meet investor requirements and monthly production. Prepare HAMP modifications for treasury submission and reporting. Review exception reports for discrepancies between FNMA and LPS systems. Resubmit corrections within specified time constraints. Proficient in MS Excel and mortgage servicing systems.
- Mortgage Specialist at Regions Mortgage
- Legal Assistant at Shapiro & Kirsch
- Loan Auditor at Regions Mortgage
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Certificate of Medical Coding
- B.A. - Business Administration
Experienced Mortgage Specialist with Customer Service and Accounting background, with proven skills in processing, underwriting, quality control, credit assessment, bookkeeping as well as Microsoft excel. US Bank Milwaukee, WI
Personal Banker 2/2019-Present
• Maintain and update customer profile
• Assist customers with online banking and mobile enrollment
• Present options to customers to help avoid overdraft charges
- Experienced Mortgage Specialist at US Bank
- Quality Assurance Analyst at BMO Harris Bank
- Quality Control Specialist III at JP Morgan Chase Bank
- Underwriter at JP Morgan Chase
1 month at this Job
- Associates Degree in Accounting - Accounting
NMLS licensed originator Phone center environment Pre-approving purchase applications Qualifying refinances and first time home buyers Fielding inbound calls and making outbound calls daily Pre-underwriting and processing applicants Working with realtors nationwide Customer focused with command of industry sales Market database with 100 prospects Lead by example by helping other mortgage specialists
- Mortgage Specialist at Citi Mortgage
- Senior Mortgage Lending Officer (Wildwood branch) at Bank of America
- Loan Originator at Caliber Home Loans
- Loan originator at Gateway Funding
7 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Business
• In compliance with lending requirements, accurately, and, prepare closing documents
• Review approved mortgage loans to determine conditions to be met at closing, while assuring interest rate, programs, payments and closing costs are accurate. As well as updated with Trid.
• Wiring and disbursing all funds for each mortgage closing transaction.
• Verifies accuracy and consistency of specifications on title abstracts, insurance forms, and other required documents.
- Mortgage Specialist III at WELLS FARGO MORTGAGE
- LOAN PROCESSOR/FUNDER at BANK OF AMERICA
- Asset Protection Associate at Walmart
- LOAN PROCESSOR at PREMIER HOME LOANS
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
As a Mortgage Specialist III in the Default Servicing area, I was the liason for the rescission mortgages process. My daily responsibilities included weekly/monthly reconciliation of multiple general ledger accounts, and processing wire transfers to third party lenders. In addition, I executed internal audits to ensure funds were credited properly to general ledger accounts, initiated investigations regarding loan disclosure issues and worked closely with internal business partners.
➢ Updated and manage daily reports from insurance vendors to ensure correct mortgage and optional insurance coverage on behalf of bank customers
➢ Performed a broad range of assignments with efficiency and accuracy
➢ Managed the bank's adherence to government FHA compliance regulations
➢ Audited new loans to ensure that mortgage insurance had been appropriately applied
➢ Worked closely with bank branches to recoup mortgage insurance deficiency
➢ Facilitated new hire training and served as a mentor until learning curve was resolved
- Mortgage Specialist III at Bank of America
- Credit Coordinator at Oakwood Homes
15 years at this Job
Ensure service standards, policies, procedures and are adhered to and client needs are met.
• Provide collateral processing support, and performing defined procedures. March-2018 - Currently
• Prepare collateral related documentation, scanning and indexing, report reparation, and exception processing.
• Handle basic administrative activities and specific functions; (stacking, sorting final docs, scanning.)
• Resolve and corrects missing, incorrect, unexpected, unrecorded, illegible, damaged, or otherwise unusable documents required in a mortgage collateral file.
• Manage the document review/exceptions process
• Work with Closing/Funding Department for any outstanding loan documents and ensures that collateral is in place to minimize risk
• Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Collateral Document
• Reviews loan documents submitted from loan officers to ensure loan file
- Reverse Mortgage Specialist at Nationstar Mortgage
- Specialist at Franklin American Mortgage
- Property Inspector at National Mortgage Field Services
- Collections Supervisor at Aegis Communications
3 months at this Job
- Associates of Business - Marketing
Duties: Process Mortgage applications; generate initial and closing documents; originate mortgages; work with loan originators; communicate with Attorneys, Settlement Companies, Insurance Agencies, and third-party vendors; Order private mortgage insurance, track loans and other information in Excel, handle construction draws, attend mortgage closings, process loan tickets, underwrite each mortgage file, sell loans to Federal Home Loan Bank, etc.
- Mortgage Specialist at Susquehanna Community Bank
- Credit Services Specialist at West Milton State Bank
- Head Teller at West Milton State Bank
- Head Teller at FNB Bank of Danville
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Economics - President of Economics
Run reports to ensure that mortgage department and accounting balance on a daily basis
• 1st mortgage loan processing, origination, closing and post-closing
• Ordered titles and appraisals and handled subsequent follow-up
• Loan servicing: payments, taxes, insurance, T&I analysis, ACH set-up
- Mortgage Specialist at Community Trust Credit Union
- Loan Servicing Analyst at Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc
- Assistant Cook - Food Service at Sodexo, Inc
- Service Representative (Part Time) at
1 year, 1 month at this Job