Review documents and customer information for compliance to guidelines and render a decision on a variety of conventional loan products. Maintained current knowledge of government regulation and fraud prevention. Developed a productive relationship with Loan Officers and Processors. Worked in a fast paced environment to expedite loans to meet settlement dates. Aerotek Professional Services Mortgage Underwriter - March 23, 2009 to May
- Mortgage Underwriter at Bank of America Mortgage Underwriter
- Contract Underwriter at Bank of America
- Prepared Tax Returns at Amscot Corporation Tax
- IndyMac Bank Senior Underwriter at Underwrite
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Business - Business
• Residential Mortgage Underwriter reviewing an excess of 60 loans per month. Keeping a close management of pipeline.
• Utilized knowledge of underwriting guidelines for FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USDA, CHFA, individual Bond programs, Manufactured Homes
• Ensure that company, federal, and state requirements are met throughout the underwriting process.
• Maintained communication with Loan Officers, Processors and Closers in order to provide a clear to close and have the loan close on, or prior to, specified closing date.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of all mortgage products within the company and from the mortgage industry.
- Mortgage Underwriter at Academy Mortgage Corporation
- Mortgage Processor at CORNERSTONE HOME LENDING
- Office Manager at local Mortgage Branch of Northern Colorado Mortgage
- Processing Supervisor at Processing Department of Quality Mortgage Solutions
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school - Business
Develops and oversees control systems to prevent or handle Phoenix, AZ violations with legal guidelines and internal policies. Mortgage Underwriter Gathers, defines, and communicates business requirements JAN 2018 - Present in an effort to assist stakeholders.
- Mortgage Underwriter at ZIONS BANCORPORATION
- Tech at HOMESTREET BANK
- platforms and technical support at JP MORGAN CHASE
- Sr. Consumer Loan Processor at
1 year at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Remote underwriting position. Underwrote FHA mortgage loans, Bond loans (CalHFA, MCC, GSFA loans) as well as Conventional loans. Evaluated the financial strength of borrowers to determine risk and repayment capacity. Multi-tasked to ensure the correct parameters and turn times are set to obtain the maximum productivity. Provided in depth analysis of loans via email to the loan officers, processors, funders and management.
- DE Mortgage Underwriter at Mason McDuffie Mortgage
- DE Mortgage Underwriter at Guild Mortgage Company
- DE Mortgage Underwriter at American Equity Mortgage
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Liberal Studies
Responsible for the risk analysis of potential borrowers for VA, FHA and Conventional loans. This is accomplished through extensive knowledge and understanding of income, credit and asset documents, and expert understanding of guidelines on government, conventional and bank portfolio products. Responsible for communicating decision logic to both Account Executives and clients and offering solutions to any mortgage needs. 08/16 - present BRAND MORTGAGE Mortgage Underwriter Responsible for the risk analysis of potential borrowers for mortgage loans. This is accomplished through extensive knowledge of income documents and guidelines, credit and asset documents, and expert understanding of collateral through an analysis of the Appraisal. Maintain up to date knowledge of both Agency and Bank portfolio guidelines and requirements. Responsible for communicating decision logic to both Processors and Loan Officers.
- Mortgage Underwriter, DE, SAR at BankSouth Mortgage
- Manager of Retail Sales at IOU FINANCIAL INC
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter at WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
- Contract Underwriter at MRN CUBED
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Contract Mortgage Underwriter working remotely. Known for strengths in risk assessment, income/credit analysis and documentation review. Research investor guidelines to determine loans meet eligibility requirements. Consistently commended for the timely and accurate completion of compliant loan packages facilitating volume growth while preserving book-of-business quality. Comprehensive knowledge of underwriting guidelines and restrictions for conventional loan programs for conforming loans. Work collaboratively with team members to drive deals to successful funding and close.
- Mortgage Underwriter II at Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation
7 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - General Studies
Conventional and FHA Mortgage Underwriter
- MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER at DHI MORTGAGE
- MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER at SUNTRUST
- MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER & PROCESSOR at BANK OF AMERICA
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at WW WILLIAMS
2 years, 8 months at this Job
MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER, DE, SAR
Comprehensive knowledge of underwriting guidelines and restrictions for conventional and government-insured loan programs for both conforming and non-conforming mortgages. Well-versed in federal regulations and regulatory agencies including USPAP, HMDA, RESPA, FNMA, FHLMC, VA, USDA and Fair Lending
Professional Underwriting Experience
Fifth Third Mortgage Company
Senior Underwriter/Resource Analyst 2012 to present
• Mortgage loan resource analyst - analyze and discuss scenarios with loan officers and underwriters for viability, underwriter condition appeal mediation and research for salable agency exceptions
• Second Level Review Underwriter - review denied loan for possible approval or counter offer possibilities as well as a review of adverse action reasons.
• HMDA project Underwriter - reviewed loan population for HMDA issues regarding denials, counter offers and withdrawn loans
• Underwrite FHA, VA, USDA, Conforming (FNMA/FHLMC) and Non-Conforming, Const/Perm, Lot loans, New/Est Doctor loans, maintained, exceeded volume standards
- MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER, DE, SAR at Fifth Third Mortgage Company
- Senior Underwriter/Team Lead at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- QC Loan Auditor at Underwrote FHA
- QC Loan Auditor at PMI Mortgage Insurance Company
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Journalism
Conventional Mortgage underwriter reviewing all loans from queue sent from processing for approval/counter-offer or denial. Determining eligibility of borrower's base on credit findings, income documents, assets documents, and title commitments alone with collateral review. Making underwriting decisions based on company guidelines and FNMA and FHLMC guidelines. Reviews loan applications submitted by borrowers and makes credit decisions based on lender criteria. Underwriting agency and files and clears conditions also calculating debt ratios. Files that are being analyzing and reviewed are Conventional Loans, FHA Loans, VA Loans, and USDA Loans.
- Mortgage Underwriter at Evolve Mortgage Services
- Mortgage Underwriter 3 at Urban Lending Solutions
- Mortgage Underwriter 3 at JP Morgan Chase
- Auditor at Mortgage Compliance Advisors
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Finance
Prior to working in the IT industry, I was employed as a Mortgage Underwriter. My underwriting responsibilities required me to be extremely diligent and thorough in order to discover red flags and any possible fraud.
Mortgage Processor IV, Wells Fargo, Philadelphia PA July 2015 - June 2016
• Review application, validate documents, identify red flags & possible fraud
• Work on FHA and VA products using the CORE system
• Review credit reports in detail for any defaults, collections, undisclosed liens and inquiries
• Review title report and research undisclosed liens, liens not released, tax delinquencies, how borrowers are vested, trust review
• In-depth review of appraisals: check for red flags, if listed for sale, property hazards and condition, property type
• Review, update and calculate any payoffs; Review waivers based on bank policies and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of lending guidelines, in-depth understanding of credit and ability to review complex financial docs: paystubs, interest/dividend, rental analysis, FITRS, IRA, Pension, SSI, disability
• Analyze the application data and recommend solutions
- Mortgage Underwriter at Wells Fargo
- Mortgage Underwriter at Bank of America
- Mortgage Servicing Processor at Bank of America
- Home Equity Mortgage Processor at Bank of America
11 months at this Job
- M.A. - Psychology
- B.A. - Psychology