• Day-to-day DBA responsibilities for backups, server uptime, performance tuning and optimization of code developed by developers.
• Successfully migrated from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2012 and SQL Server 2016.
• Implementation and Support of Always On High Availability Group.
• Performance tuning of slow running queries and providing timely advice on Indexes and query logic.
• Monitoring SQL Servers through Spotlight for SQL Servers and resolving various alerts generated by systems.
• Comprehensive experience utilizing VMware technologies in the deployment of mission critical SQL Server environments
• Worked on SCSM Incident Management tool to accept user requests as tickets and provide appropriate results.
• Helped in tune and optimize 40+ SQL Servers running Microsoft Clustering on Windows Server 2003, and 2008 R2 & SQL Server 2005, and 2008 R2.
• Experience in Performance tuning and Developed Forms using MS Access and SSRS.
• Installed Oracle related RPMs and prerequisites on Linux Red hat, installed Oracle 12c software.
• Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
• Deploying Service Packs and hot fixes for SQL Server as per deployment schedule.
• Ensure the compatibility level changes and perform database checkup routines to ensure consistency and integrity is preserved.
• Implemented different types of Replication Models like Snapshot, Transactional and Merge.
• Proficiency in developing Maintenance plans, backup, recovery strategies and Rebuild/Reorganize strategies.
• Reviewing and verifying Database backup details, Database user privileges, Inactive user accounts.
- MS SQL Server DBA at Southern Company
- DBA at MMS Holdings Inc
- MS SQL DBA at Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- M.S in Computer Information System - Computer Information System
- M.S in Statistics - Statistics
- B.S - Statistics
➢ Involved in installation of SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014 in newer environments.
➢ Maintaining the AWS portal in creating the databases and archiving the logs and data in AWS.
➢ Participated in Maintenance activities of AWS cloud. Writing stored procedures, functions and complex T-SQL queries in AWS Cloud.
➢ Installed and Applied patches to the existing SQL servers and Upgrading SQL servers
➢ Installed SQL Server Active-Active and Active-Passive clusters.
➢ Configured SQL Server jobs for Index maintenance, Database Consistency jobs, Database backup jobs and Alert.
➢ Experienced in using Data Manipulation Language (DML) for the query and update commands and the Data Definition Language (DDL).
➢ Ensured regular database backups and recommend the appropriate recovery models for the production databases as per the database usage.
➢ Automated weekly and monthly non-production database refreshes.
➢ Involved in providing SQL DBA Production support and Management.
➢ Involved in creating Logins, Users with appropriate permissions and performed security management.
➢ Configured High Availability practices like Log Shipping, Database Mirroring and Replication.
➢ Set up database snapshots on the secondary mirror database for reporting purpose.
➢ Responsible for maintaining SQL Server security and granting access to users as per requirement.
➢ Optimized SQL Server long running stored procedures and queries.
➢ Experienced in extracting data from Development / UAT / Production servers by using SSIS.
➢ Worked with importing flat files and XML files, Share Point, fetched data from other data source like MS Access, DB2, MySQL, Oracle and ETL to the database.
➢ Built SSIS packages to extract, transform and load DBA metrics data to monitor the database growth, huge tables and wait stats.
➢ Performed SQL Server Performance Tuning and optimization.
➢ Performed SQL Server database sizing, partitioning and archiving/purging.
➢ Design and develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports. Environment: SQL Server 2012/2014, TSQL, High Availability, Business Intelligence Development Studio- SSIS, SSRS.
- MS SQL Server DBA at Wells Fargo
- MS SQL Server DBA at AutoRabit
- MS SQL Server DBA at Icrea Infotech
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Description: CO-OP Financial Services, formerly known as CO-OP Network and also known as CU Cooperative Systems, Inc., is a company that operates an interbank network connecting the ATMs of credit unions in the United States, with locations also in Canada and certain United States Navy bases overseas. It is the largest credit union-owned interbank network in the US. It is headquartered in Rancho Cucamonga, California. Responsibilities:
• Managed PRODUCTION database server with 24/7 Support and On-Call environment
• Day to day Production support including checking daily logs, daily failed jobs, backup/recovery procedures, periodic maintenance
• Worked on Database maintenance, patching, DR
• Maintained Database Health by using DBCC Commands and DMVs.
• Worked on managing 200+ SQL Server Instances in Production/Dev/Beta and Cloud based environment
• Migrated databases from On-Premise to Microsoft Azure (IAAS)
• Upgraded/Migrated databases from SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 to SQL server 2016/2017 in PCI and Non-PCI environments
• Implemented and Supported databases in AlwaysOn availability groups for HA/DR environment (3 Replicas)
• Migrated application code and objects from Development/Test environments to Production.
• Subscribed SQL Server Azure Cloud Services.
• Created and Managed Database(s) on Microsoft AZURE.
• Setting up SQL Azure Firewall.
• Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server AZURE Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) for Developers.
• Extensively worked with developers to push out builds and releases in Production/Test environments.
• Provided solution to developers to make their queries faster.
• Extensive used of DMV's and wait types to analyze performance bottlenecks and give resolution
• Used third party tools like IDERA Diagnostic Manager for performance issue
• Maintained Log Shipping for DR environment
• Used Red-gate tool to monitor SQL servers and Lite speed backup tool for database backups and restores
• Worked on Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Extensive knowledge and experience of SQL Security
• Created Users, Logins, Roles and granted appropriate permissions
• Removed personal IDs for PCI compliance from the Production and Test environments Environment: MS SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Windows Server 2016/2012R2/2012/2008 R2/2008, Clustering, Replication, Log Shipping, AlwaysON, Red-gate Monitoring Tool, Lite Speed Backup Tool, VMWARE.
- Sr. MS SQL Server DBA/Database Analyst at CO-OP FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Senior MS SQL Server DBA at WELLS FARGO
- Senior MS SQL Server DBA at CHEVRON CORPORATION
- Senior MS SQL Server DBA/Team Lead at STANLEY BLACK AND DECKER
11 months at this Job
DATA Base Security and TDE Experience:
• Experience troubleshooting automated backups and metric management
• Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud for multiple clients and customers of General Blue Corporation.
• Ability to select correct tier for Azure SQL Databases and Azure SQL Date warehouses.
• Experience implementing TDE (Transparent Data Encryption) and DDM (Dynamic Data Masking) Features
• Working with Cosmos DB Integration and using SQL Server Data Explorer Tools
• Working with Azure SQL Databases for Excel and Power BI Reporting Tools
• Always Encrypted
• Dynamic Data Masking
• Row Level Security
• Apply SP and Hot Fix on Sql Server Instences to adjust security and Upagrade Related
• Set up Security And Acesses Profile and prucedures for Databse all users.
• Manage Security by Definning Roles And Rights.
• TDE has been in SQL Server since 2016, is designed to protect the data in the physical data and log files at all times.
• Data is encrypted as it's written to disk, and decrypted as it's read into memory for use.
• TDE is enabled at the database level.
• The database encryption key (DEK) is stored on the database server.
• To restore to another server, or use an HA/DR technology like Availability Groups or log shipping, you must restore the key to the second server as well.
DATA Base Security and TDE Experience:
- MS SQL Server DBA at USTDA
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- BBA in Finance and Accounting - Finance and Accounting
Description: Charter Communication Inc. is an American telecommunications and mass media company that offers its services to consumers and businesses under the branding of Spectrum. Charter completed its acquisition of Time Warner Cable and its sister company Bright House Networks, making it the third-largest pay television service in the United States. Responsibilities:
• Upgraded/Migrated SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012 to SQL Server 2016
• Migrated SQL servers across Data Centers.
• Maintained Very Large Databases and highly transactive production servers in SQL Server 2016, 2014 and 2012 environments.
• Installed Teradata 16.20 with ODBC drivers.
• Worked in Setting up Always-On Availability Groups (AAG) and HA/DR Troubleshooting.
• Involved in DR and documented accordingly.
• Configured and Maintained High Availability like Log shipping, Mirroring, Replication, and Clustering.
• Extensively worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Migrated SSRS Reports from 2012 Reporting server to 2016 Reporting server and SSIS packages from 2012 project deployment model to SSIS 2016 Project deployment model.
• Worked with the developers in upgrading, converting and deploying the SSIS packages from 2008R2 Package deployment model to 2016 Project deployment model.
• Experience in Linked Servers connection between SQL servers and Oracle servers/Teradata servers.
• Worked on firewall issues for the new build servers on different domain.
• Monitored SQL server using native tools like Profiler and PERFMON in troubleshooting performance issues, deadlocks, blockings and capturing long running queries for fine tuning.
• Used Third Party tool SOLARWINDS DPA (Database Performance Analyzer) to monitor, diagnose, and resolve performance problems.
• Monitored the TEMPDB growth and resized it by adding files to increase the performance by parallel process of data storage with in TEMPDB and provided the best practices for TEMPDB configuration by providing the documentation.
• Used Veritas NetBackup tool in performing Backups and Restore.
• Worked with Service Now ticketing software on Change Tasks, Requests and Incidents.
• Troubleshooting the daily issues from the users like job failure issues, permissions issues, Disk space alerts and query optimization.
• Managed Security using SQL Logins, Roles and Security Modes for various users.
• Optimized the query performance with modification in T-SQL queries, removing unnecessary columns, eliminating redundant and inconsistent data, normalizing database, establishing necessary joins, creating useful clustered index and non-clustered indexes.
• Developed and created the new database objects including tables, views, index, stored procedures and functions, advance queries and updated statistics using query analyzer and enterprise manager on the existing server.
• Analyze execution plans and generate suggestions for improvement.
• Provided 24/7 support on call Production environment. Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 Profiler, Windows Event Viewer, Perfmon, Veritas NetBackup tool, Service Now ticketing tool, Solar Winds DPA.
- MS SQL Server DBA at Charter Communications
- SQL Production DBA at AmerisourceBergen
- SQL Server DBA at Assurant
- SQL Server DBA at Mayo Clinic
1 year, 3 months at this Job
• Performed various day to day activities of SQL data base administrator on SQL server 2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016 enterprise edition
• Manage and administer backups using built-in / 3rd party tools (SQL Lite speed).
• Rebuilding / monitoring the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
• Created proper Indexes on different tables that improve the performance of T-SQL queries on the database.
• Assisted in resolving issues with more than 500 SQL Server instances using Service Now and BMC remedy tool as a ticketing tool.
• Patching SQL server in both clustered/standalone environment.
• Installation of Clustered environment and monitoring the same using custom monitoring database.
• Excellent experience on Always ON availability group.
• Troubleshooting of log shipping LSN miss-match issues.
• Worked on replication configuration and troubleshooting such as Transactional, Snapshot and Merge replication using best practices.
• Worked on merge replication where the conflicts require manual intervention.
• Created in-memory optimized table in SQL Server 2014.
• Troubleshooting CPU and memory bottleneck issues.
• Excellent experience in troubleshooting log file issues of database.
• Performance tuning using Actual plan and Estimated plan and Database engine tuning Advisor.
• Performed SSIS package deployment.
• Worked on RFC for deploying the scripts to production.
- MS SQL SERVER DBA at Nthrive
- MS SQL SERVER DBA at Capital Science
- MS SQL Server DBA at Accordo, Financial Services
- MS SQL Server DBA at John Hancock
4 months at this Job
- Master in Information Systems and Decision Sciences - Information Systems and Decision Sciences
- Bachelor in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering - Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
7. DBA Lead / Postgresql DBA /MS Azure DR Architect / MS SQL Server Database Architect & Administrator Resume
• Worked with systems administrators to implement cloud architectures that utilize industry best practices
• Implement cloud technology policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets
• Development of the DR workload migration plan in conjunction with application owners and other technical resources
• Establish appropriate end-user access control levels for stored data
• Review and deploy cloud system releases and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices
• Managed MS Azure accounts utilized for disaster recovery/storage/Big Data Platform
• Designed and Developed data migration strategy between on premise and Azure environments
• Administration of PostgreSQL multi node clustered and replicated environments
• Monitoring of system performance utilizing PgAdmin, Splunk, Debeaver and command line tools
• Loaded multiple NOSQL databases including MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Couchbase, HBase and Cassandra.
• Defined data elements that were required for initial Big Data Platform
• Follow change control, incident response, and testing processes for modifications to cloud technologies and software
• Creation of power shell scripts to support automation and simplification of administrative task
• Maintained cloud systems support and architecture documentation
• Utilize Jira for time and project tracking
• Team designed and trained to follow Kanban or Scrum based on project or user story.
• Establish and document the PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB technology stack including standard operating procedures including startup/shutdown, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, fail over
• Provision production database enterprise manager server, replication server and replicated standby for disaster recovery
• Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments
• Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL reporting data warehouse environment
• Setup alerting mechanism for both PostgreSQL database and supporting environment to ensure system health and maximum availability
• Developed strategy and implementation plan for transitioning MS SQL Server on premise to Azure cloud
• Created monitoring solution for production databases with PowerShell, Solar Winds & SQL Server Mgmt Studio
• Database Consolidation from MySQL, DB2 & SQL Server into PostgreSQL Database (Data Warehouse Reporting)
• GG replication for changes from SQL Server, DB2 and MySQL to PostgreSQL
• Created & Documented high level SQL Server consolidation plan to upgrade older SQL Servers onto newer platforms
• Developed support plan for MS SQL Server databases including performance tuning & high availability requirements
• Documented plan to migrate SQL Server 2000 database into SQL Server 2012 instances with very little complication
• POC: SQL Server 2012 to 2016 upgrades
• POC: SQL Server 2016 application testing
• SQL Server 2012 to 2016 upgrade on DEV Database
• SQL Server 2016 upgrade on TST Databases.
• SQL Server data migration from 2005 & 2008 to 2016
• Implement user access and security procedures in accordance with SOX requirements
- DBA Lead / Postgresql DBA /MS Azure DR Architect / MS SQL Server Database Architect & Administrator at McBee Associates
- Technical Team Lead at Sleep Innovations
- Technical Team Lead at Independence Blue Cross
- Lead Database Administrator at Marlin Business Services Corp
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Physiology
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017
➢ Installed and configured SQL Server 2016/2017.
➢ Installing and configuring SQL Server in clustered and stand-alone environments.
➢ Upgrading and migrating SQL server and databases.
➢ Patching service packs, cumulative updates and hot fixes.
➢ Designing and configuring logical and physical database models for OLTP and OLAP.
➢ Building database schema & objects such as tables, triggers, views, stored procedures & indexes.
➢ Proficient in HA & DR solutions such as clustering, always on, mirroring, log shipping & replication.
➢ Expertise in data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) tools.
➢ Set up database maintenance plan, back-up, restore & disaster recovery strategies and procedures. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- SQL Server DBA at Client PJM
- SQL Server DBA at PNC Financial Service
- MS SQL Server DBA at Awash International Bank
5 months at this Job
• Refactored a failing application and brought it to production (App was 24-months overdue when I came onboard)
• Performed duties of: Dev Team member, Lead Dev, BA/Project Lead, and MS SQL Server DBA
• Designed a desktop application using C#.
- Software Engineer at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
- Software Engineer / Systems Administrator at Nextgen Federal Systems
- Software Engineer at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
- Software Engineer at Nexagen Networks, Inc
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Information Systems Management - Information Security
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems - Systems Analysis and Integration
• Migrating database from Sybase to Sql Server using SSMA (Sql Server Migration Assistance)
• Performing the new server configuration. Installation and patching the SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016.
• Managing Backup, database encryption and disk Space issues.
• Troubleshoot SQL job failures alerts, executing scripts in prod environments.
• Restoring databases from prod to test environment, user management and security.
• Working on mirroring, replication and log shipping issues.
• Failover and failback activities in clustering environment.
• Always On configuration and maintenance.
• On call support over 24/7.
• Migration and upgradation of servers and databases.
• Automated mail-based Reports for Disk Space, Replication & Log-shipping status, SQL Server Resource utilization & threshold breach etc.
- SQL Server DBA analyst / developer at Wells Fargo, New Jersey
- SQL Server DBA/Developer at GameStop
- SQL Server DBA at Chevron
- DBA at Chevron
1 year, 8 months at this Job