I have over 20 years experience in the museum business. Most recently I was the curator for the Forest Lawn Museum where I performed and/or directed all design, curatorial, registration and collection management duties for 21 temporary exhibits and all permanent collections. During this period, I produced 17 exhibit catalogs. I spent two years with BRC Imagination Arts as an exhibit manager, developer and researcher. As an exhibit concept/content developer for BRC Imagination Arts, I researched and developed content for Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library Reference in Springfield, Illinois, Visions Museum and World Space Academy in Space Center Bremen and the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville Alabama. I spent twelve years with Walt Disney Imagineering as both an employee and consultant. Highlights are: show produced and managed the creative team for 10 museum exhibits in the Japan, China and Mexico Pavilions at EPCOT Center, Walt Disney World; show producer for the Animation Store and various animation exhibits at the Disney/MGM Studio Tour, Walt Disney World; was part of a team that produced the first exhibit for the Disney Gallery in Disneyland; worked for two years as the art librarian and three years as the senior registrar.
- Museum Curator at Forest Lawn Museum
6 months at this Job
Hrs. Per Week: 40; Pay: $20
• Archive specimen data records in a consistent and organized manner.
• Identify specimens down to species.
• Organize collection specimens in storage using consistent and professional practices.
• Design short and long-term museum exhibits.
• Create educational and interactive displays.
• Catalog and organize museum library.
• Clean and conduct minor repair to specimens as needed.
• Assist/ coordinate with the Outdoor Adventure Program.
• Coordinate and schedule presentations with Huron Mountain Wildlife Foundation scientists.
• Collaborate with members and staff to expand the collection through the acquisition of relevant specimens or artifacts.
• Provide weekly reports on activities and progress of the museum to supervisor.
- Museum Curator at Huron Mountain Club
- Student Collections Manager at Northern Michigan University
- Visitor Services / Interpretation Intern at Seney National Wildlife Refuge
- Animal Care Naturalist at Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum
10 months at this Job
- - Education
- - Clear Lake Education
Develop, write, and implement exhibitions. Research the museum's and the U.S. Navy's collection for the creation of exhibits. Inventory the collection. Write, proofread and edit labels and publications. Administrate museum's website, social media and Sailor's Attic Wordpress blog site. Project manager on several exhibits.
- Contract Museum Curator at National Museum of the American Sailor (T.A. Consulting Inc.)
- Volunteer, Curatorial at Hinsdale Historical Society
- Archivist, part-time at Northbrook Historical Society
- Project Archivist at Urban Ministries Inc
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- MA in History - History
- Certificate in Museum Studies
- Bachelor of General Studies - Liberal Arts
Assist with the building and organization of collection files, provenance research, and the organization of collection image files. Compile and update biographical information for all artist files. Prepare all content for artist interviews related to objects entering the collection. Answer rights and reproduction requests for images. Input relevant information within database. Assist with all collection and artist correspondence. Assist executive staff with daily operational tasks.
- Internship/Museum Curator at The Mary S. Harrell Black Heritage Museum
- Sales Associate at Ann Taylor LOFT Inc
- Office/Clerical Support at Benjamin Mays Johnston, Sr. M.D
4 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Affairs
- Bachelor of Arts in History - international politics
- College Preparatory
I buy and cell antique and rare automobiles, help arrange new arrivals in the museum, and acquire parts for authentic restorations, as well as loading and unloading vehicles for delivery.
- Museum Curator/Car Museum Porter at Muscle Car Paradise
- Sawyer at Lams Lumber Co. Inc.
- Custodian at Liberty University
- Carpenter at David Mawyer Construction dba Foxfire Construction Inc
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Pastoral Leadership and Biblical Exposition
- High school - Honors
Oversee daily operations of the museum monitor 950 children from local elementary school in the walkabout program introducing them to museums we have the chat and snack on going repetitive series introducing the community to local historians storytellers and local family history in in 2017 I was the winner of the inspiration award for the museum and receive the citizen of the year for 2017 as well for the community of Umatilla
- Umatilla museum curator at Umatilla museum
- Photography owner at
- Photographer at Reed Photography
2 years at this Job
- Associate - Photography
• In charge of a budget of $6000.00 for classes and summer camps offered.
• Media marketing which consist of writing press releases and KRWG blurbs.
• Advertise and submit information regarding class curriculum, monthly events, and summer camps for inclusion in our quarterly pamphlet.
• Coordinate Community Events and find guest speakers for these events. Work with representatives from other agencies which include the BLM, which comes in to give lectures on our pre-historic Trackways; Additional partners are NMSU and Explora the Museum in Albuquerque.
• Responsible for providing and developing new ideas for community events.
• Provide information assistance to museum visitors and museum tours.
• Enforce museum policies and procedures to ensure the safety of visitors.
• In charge of updating calendar of events, schedules and meetings.
• In charge of and supervise 5 individuals. One employee is a co-op receiving educational credit, two are NMSU work-study students and 2 are volunteers.
• Organized and planed the 2017 solar eclipse community event for the museum of nature and science.
• Earned promotion following excellent performance and demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master complex concepts.
• Is currently on the education board.
- Acting Museum Curator at Las Cruces Museum of Nature & Science
- Museum Assistant at Las Cruces Museum of Nature & Science
- Library Assistant at New Mexico State University
- Athletic Scorekeeper/Customer Service at City of Las Cruces Parks and Recreation
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Studio Art - Two Years of Child Development and Educational
Cleaned animal enclosures & Maintained dietary needs for variety of species
● Monitored animals and recorded details of their health and behavior
● Supervised reception area & monetary intake
● Led educational tours consisting of rich knowledge of history and animals
● Employer: Eva Perez (951-236-6338)
- Animal Caretaker & Museum Curator at Mountain Town Museum & Animal Rescue
- Receptionist at Renaissance Pet Resort
- Server, Supervisor at Haverland Catering, Beaumont
1 year at this Job
- - Liberal Studies
Writing/editing/proofreading mailers, newsletters, press releases and tour books, tour guide, managing gift shop, ordering/stocking/inventory of gift shop, scheduling scheduling employees, timecards, seasonal decorating, creating displays, office filing and other human resource work.
- Asst Museum curator/Gift Shop Manager at The Kruger Street Toy and Train Museum
14 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in Social Science Education
Actively participate in caring for animals that are part of the exhibition through cleaning cages and replenishing food; Compassionately care for animals including reptiles, mammals, amphibians, and birds of prey; Attend and assist at after-school programs, presentations, and birthday parties when animals are being presented
- Animal Care and Museum Curator Intern at Tanglewood Nature Center and Museum
- Stockroom Assistant at Elmira College
- Animal Physiology Academic Fellow at Elmira College
- Residence Life Assistant at Elmira College Office of Residence Life
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biochemistry, Business Administration