As a Museum Educator I:
• Create, develop and implement a series of educational programs to meet the dynamic needs of museum visitors.
• Greet visitors when they arrive at the museum, and respond to their queries.
• Assist visitors on a one on one basis, to help them understand and appreciate displays.
• Provide museum management with information on visitors’ interests and feedback.
• Ascertain that all educational materials and supplies are arranged for before the beginning of each session.
- Museum Educator at Young At Art Museum
- COUNSELOR at CAMP NOVA
- Historian of a youth group called Mitzvah Makers at MITZVAH MAKERS
1 year at this Job
As a museum educator I was responsible for the supervision of museum equipment and guests, as well as educating the guests on all subjects.
- Museum Educator at Amazement Square
- TEACHER/AIDE at REBECCA'S RAINBOW
- CASHIER at Biff's Barbecue
- CASHIER/COOK at ASPEN OUTPOST
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Developmental Psychology
- High school diploma
Museum Educator (June 2018- Present)
Play Pal (August 2017-June 2018)
• Encouraging play between Students and Parents.
• Facilitates activities in the Art Studio, Thinkshop, and on the Exhibit Floor.
• Assisting with the training of Graduate Assistants and Play Pals.
- Museum Educator at Bettendorf Family Museum
- Owner/Photographer at Bivin Photography
- Events Intern at Family Museum
- Graduate Assistant at Western Illinois University
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Museum Studies
- Bachelor of Science - Anthropology
Assisted as aides in galleries, interacting with visitors and maintaining appearance of gallery spaces. Led school programs in an engaging manner utilizing inquiry-based learning and object-based learning in various settings. Handled cash, credit card, and special transactions with a point of sale system. Answered the telephone, routed calls, and relayed information. Maintained working knowledge of the museum's current programs, and promotions. Cross-sell HistoryMiami Museum products.
- Museum Educator at HistoryMiami Museum
- Park Guide at National Park Service (NPS)
- Elementary Instructor (Kindergarten & All Subjects) at Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Education Technician at National Park Service (NPS)
1 year at this Job
- Certificate of Parks and Recreation Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Anthropology and Social Science
located in Jekyll Island's historic district. * Continued duties from Historic Interpreter position. * Expanded responsibilities included writing educational programming for adults and children, public speaking as a museum ambassador on various subjects at different public and private functions, program designing and acting head camp counselor for a history themed summer camp, writing special monthly museum programs.
- Museum Educator at Jekyll Island Museum
- Historic Interpreter at Jekyll Island Museum
- Administrative Assistant at Event Technical Service department of Salisbury University
2 years at this Job
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education - Early Childhood Education
- Associates of Arts
• Led tours of the museum for multiple different age groups from preschoolers to senior citizens and military personnel.
• Led volunteers and education Assistants in preparation, set up and instruction of multiple NEM workshops and activities.
• Handled the planning and logistics of all group visits to NEM.
• Developed new workshops and activities for school and summer camp groups.
• Developed, planned, and led NEM's summer STEM camp, Pioneer Camp, for two summers.
• Worked with the Director to establish new collaborations with Baltimore City Schools, the National Aquarium, and other organizations.
• Assisted the Director in interviewing, hiring, and training new Education Assistants.
• Managed volunteers, interns and staff in providing tours, workshops, demonstrations and other activities to groups.
- Museum Educator at National Electronics Museum
- Resident Assistant Stevenson University at
- Visitor Services Associate at The American Visionary Arts Museum
- Archivist for the National Human Genome Research Institute at National Council on Undergraduate Research
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Historical Studies
- - Public History
- - Independent Research, and History Museums
Teach a variety of courses based in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
● Creates and implements programs and activities for special events such as Girl Scouts of USA.
● Conducts museum tours for school groups and the public, illustrating the use of airplanes within American society.
● Trains new museum educators and volunteers.
● Delivers full class and small group instructions to a diverse audience.
- Museum Educator at Cradle of Aviation Museum
- Education Program Assistant at Lewis Latimer House Museum
- Speakeasy Tour Guide at Cradle of Aviation Museum
- Global History Regents Tutor at Binghamton High School
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Paralegal
- B.A. - History
• Led tours of 1 hour in length that varied in level of sophistication for a variety of groups that could number up to 25 guests
• Through the use of on-site library, learned content I was not versed in prior to employment
• Researched content for tours to the point of understanding and for various, 15-20 minute talks presented throughout the day
• Encouraged guests to ask questions about the content that was presented and the availability of tours offered at the museum
• Provided assistance in training for both tours and VR technology
- Museum Educator at Intrepid Sea, Air, & Space Museum
- Historical Interpreter at Museum Village
- Field Aide at Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson
- Merchandiser at Acosta Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Library Science and Master of Arts in History - History
- Bachelor of Science in History - History
- Associate of arts in liberal arts - liberal arts
As part of the museum leadership, manage all matters related to the visitor experience, including admissions, visitor amenities, customer service, group reservations, and membership sales. Track visitor usage and experience data, ensures that visitor concerns are addressed, observe and monitor floor activity and maintenance, and supports public programs both inside and outside the museum. Write and manage grants.
- Museum Educator at Children's Museum of Findlay
- Ongoing Caseworker II at Hancock County Job & Family Services
- Medical Social Worker at Lima Memorial Health Systems
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Art in Liberal Studies - Cognitive Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- License - Social Work
Greeting customers of the exhibit and answering questions about the artist, gift shop, and artwork available for purchase. Directing attendees as needed. The Van Gogh Pop-Up is a unique touring experience, bringing fine art from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam to public malls all across the U.S.
- Museum Educator at Van Gogh Museum
- Studio Assistant at Laurel Stern Boeck
- Office Assistant at SUNY Purchase Student Government Association
- Assistant Director at Cine Nomad School
1 month at this Job
- Pre-College Certificate - Color Theory, Digital Photography, Fashion Marketing, & Video Production
- B.F.A. - Film