Reconcile designated accounts; maintain books and records for mutual funds
● Communicate with client, vendor, and co-workers
● Analyze, prepare, and report day to day transactions
● Review and approve NAV and yield calculations
● Communicate and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Mutual Fund Accountant at Apex Fund Services
- Vendor/Day Crew Member at Portland Civic Center and the Portland Sea Dogs
- Juvenile Community Correctional Officer- Intern at Maine Department of Corrections
- Summer Camp Director at Portland Civic Center and the Portland Sea Dogs
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Forensic Psychology - Forensic Psychology
Provided daily general ledger accounting, ensuring compliance with SEC regulations and generally accepted accepted
● Determined daily fund values, including verification of pricing within required time frame
● Completed periodic and monthly reconciliations on a timely basis
● Generated and reconciled a monthly proof of financial statements
● Maintained the automated database for cash and security reconciliations, researching and documenting any discrepancies
● Interacted with and assisted independent auditors during their annual examinations
● Distributed fund data to internal and external stakeholder
- Mutual Fund Accountant II at Fund Services, LLC
- Verhelst CPA at S.C
- Member at Institute of Management Accountants
- Intern at Kaliber Imaging Inc
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting & Information Technology
Tasks/Achievements Ensure that NAV for mutual funds are calculated accurately each day. Performed analysis on mutual fund positions to ensure they do not exceed tolerance. Responsible for organizing monthly reports for clients. Created macros that increased productivity by reducing the amount of time spent on monthly reporting. Created Batch Scripts that reduced the amount of time required to navigate through windows explorer for commonly used files.
- Mutual Fund Accountant at CitiBank
- Collateral Risk Analyst at JP Morgan & Chase
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator at US Army
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Economics
◦ Daily calculations of the Net Asset Value for multiple Mutual Funds ◦ Balance cash, holdings reports of funds' securities and derivatives daily ◦ Reconcile general ledger accounts and financial statements using supporting documentation ◦ Analyze income, expense, gains, and losses in accordance with GAAP ◦ Respond to inquiries of auditors to ensure compliance with SEC regulations
- Mutual Fund Accountant at FIS Global
- Trust Operation Specialist at FIS - Wealth Outsourcing Solutions
- Recruiter at Manpower
- Talent Acquisition Consultant at elite Human Capital
10 months at this Job
- MBA - Business
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Human Resources and Psychology
• Utilized excel macros in order to book and enter all daily activity for funds, while following established procedures.
• Trained and worked directly with offshore groups, answering inquires as needed.
• Monitored fund balance on a daily basis, escalating any unusual activity when needed.
- Mutual Fund Accountant at State Street Corporation
- Data Analytics Intern at OmniClaim
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Lead Mutual Fund Accountant/Analyst at National Rural Electric Cooperative Association
- Senior Tax Analyst at Crain Communications Inc
- Senior Fund Accountant at Michigan Conference of Teamsters Welfare Fund
- Fund Accountant at State Street Corporation
17 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Management Accounting
* Prepare work papers for Semi-Annual & Annual Fund Audits * Daily reconciliation of fund income and expense allocation * Perform monthly internal auditing procedures and reconciliations Investor Services Professional * Assist shareholders and financial advisors with various account inquiries * Complete account transactions, such as investments, redemptions, and account maintenances * Research and resolve customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Mutual Fund Accountant at Davis Selected Advisers
- Sales/Bid & Proposal Dept./Manager of Operations at Office Equipment Company
- Tax Preparer at Office Equipment Company
- Client Relation Associate at Office Equipment Company
2 years, 4 months at this Job
• Performs daily accounting functions for assigned mutual funds to include calculating and delivering net asset values for various investment products, including mutual funds and ETFs.
• Updates and monitors daily trading, general ledger activity and pricing of funds to ensure accuracy of daily NAV calculation.
• Ensures all fund transactions are properly posted to accounting system.
• Applies accounting and finance principals to numerous asset types.
• Provides fund advisors with forecasted available cash for fund every morning in a quick and accurate manner.
• Reconciles fund records to custodian, transfer agent and portfolio groups on a daily basis.
• Prepares monthly reconciliations, and periodic auditor requests.
• Prepares and reconciles daily trial balances for assigned funds.
- Mutual Fund Accountant III at Gemini Fund Services
- Paraprofessional at Disney Elementary
- Homemaker at
- Customer Service Representative at Robert's Dairy
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting - Accounting
SUMMARY: I am responsible for all aspects of day accounting for 5 assigned mutual funds RESPONSIBILITIES: Prepare timely and accurate - · Net Assets Values · yields · distributions · other fund accounting output for subsequent review
I am responsible for all aspects of day accounting for 5 assigned mutual funds
Prepare timely and accurate -
· Net Assets Values
· other fund accounting output for subsequent review
- Mutual Fund Accountant at State Street
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - All
Assisted clients with personal and corporate tax issues. Conducted financial and legal research and analysis for high net-worth individuals. Monitored and analyzed financial, statistical and operational data trends. Consolidated financial data and materials for key leadership meetings. Identified risks associated with projects, contract approvals and other client accounting issues. Presented oral and written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations and entire industries.
- Mutual Fund Accountant at DST Systems, Main Office
- Loan Processor at Centrinex
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent