Working through RigUp as a contract MWD field engineer for DrilTech.
• Logged daily drilling data using Polaris and Digidrill software.
• Created drilling logs of various data; setup beginning of job log formats to gather product data such as ROP, hook load, and measured depth.
• Set up measurement while drilling tools that include programming for downhole operations and ensuring that primary and backup tools were ready onsite.
• Interfaced as company representative with onsite clients as well as other site personnel.
• Primary technical resource for information on product failures and mitigations.
• Provided daily troubleshooting to prevent lost rig time which included use of rig pumps to reprogram tools for different data rates.
• On site training of newly hired employees.
- Lead MWD Field Engineer at Driltech LLC
- MWD Tech Lead at Trueshot LLC
- Technical Services Engineer at Bench Tree Group LLC
- Product Services Engineer at Tolteq Group LLC
9 months at this Job
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
• Provide accurate data collection for oil / gas wells while being drilled
• Provide a safe work environment, following company standards as well as the clients safety requirements
• Build, calibrate, program, and test downhole MWD tools
• Keep up an accurate inventory of all tools when in field
• Communicate goals, failures, and inventory needs with upper management on a daily basis
• Inform all parties involved of the progress of the job on a daily basis
• Receive tool kits, inventory each, clean and / or repair tools as needed, package, and ship tools kits
• Perform hotshot deliveries when needed to personnel in the field
- MWD Field Engineer at Premier Directional Drilling
- Senior Technical Service Representative at Nalco Company
- Front Line Supervisor at KBR
- Superintendent/Sales at Rock Hard Foundations
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school
Phoenix Technology Services
• Work on-site to complete and deliver the assigned engineering projects from spud to TD.
• Develop and maintain new MWD processes for complex projects.
• Evaluate current MWD processes and recommend improvements.
• Supervise MWD processes including tool preparations, log generation, data acquisition and quality control.
• Manage the MWD equipment inventory and supervise equipment transport to and from work site.
• Use advanced techniques to take measurements without disturbing the drilling process.
• Comply with all safety rules and company policies. 1. SWEPI (Shell) 5. Apache 2. Anadarko 6. Precision 3. Athlon 7. H&P 4. MD America 8. Patterson
• Interpret reports and provide information on the nature of fluids and rocks in the drilling area.
• Evaluate MWD equipment and recommend necessary repairs or maintenances.
• Maintain database for recording all activities of ongoing work.
• Develop job tickets and daily work reports.
• Provide resolution to problems of moderately complex scope at the well-site where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
• Operate and maintain LWD/MWD surface systems and down hole tools at rig site.
• Interpret down hole data and communicate with directional drillers, company men and geologists.
• Exercise judgment to determine the appropriate action at the well-site.
• Recognize the operational status of field equipment at the well-site and maintain it when appropriate.
• Execute other related duties as assigned.
• Conduct all business activities in accordance with Phoenix policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Phoenix Core Values.
- MWD Field Engineer (Lead) at LWD
- Document Controller at Timekeeper
- Field Engineer at Security Systems
- Loss Prevention Detective at CVS Pharmacy
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
* Build and program MWD tools for logging drilling location and direction downhole * Diagnose and mediate failures that may arise during field operations * Synchronize schedule with drilling operation to ensure as little downtime as possible
- MWD Field Engineer at Downhole Drilling Services
- Forex Market Analyst at
- Inside Sales Representative at Tex-Isle Supply
- Lifeguard Manager at Texas A&M Rec Sports
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Petroleum Engineering - Petrolem Engineering
MWD Field Engineer
Accountable for analyzing and collecting data from gamma and directional sensors found within tools required for directional and horizontal drilling operations.
Responsibilities also include:
• Maintaining and troubleshooting MWD equipment and tools required for directional and horizontal drilling operations.
• Install software into field computers and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
• Program directional tools.
- MWD Field Engineer at Phoenix Technology Services
- IT Support at Legacy Home Health
- Computer Science AP/Business Information Management Systems Educator at Idea Weslaco College Preparatory
- Rehab Tech / IT Support at TruRehab, LLC
3 months at this Job
- Currently Pursuing Masters - Computer Information System
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Minor - Computer Information Systems
• Performed MWD field operations in accordance to client's safety and technological requirements
• Maintained measurement and tool inventory databases to ensure operational transparency
• Reported daily operations, measurement results, and tool performance to clients and coordinators
• Investigated MWD tool failures and malfunctions to provide proper solutions
• Built, configured, and repaired MWD tools for daily operations
- MWD Field Engineer at Hawkeye Directional, LLC
- Intern at Halliburton
- Department of Petroleum Engineering Research Assistant at University of Oklahoma
- Intern at Presley Petroleum Company
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Petroleum Engineering
- Bachelor's - Economics
• Built up, used, and repaired mud pulse and electro-magnetic tools for daily operation
• Communicated with coordinators on tool performance, inventory, surveys, and any changes in tool design
• Log and monitor critical downhole information to include but not liminted to the following Inclination/ Azimuth/ Gamma/ Pressure/ Resistivity
• Troubleshoot MWD tool to find root cause of failure and/ or malfunction between surface equipment and downhole issues
- MWD Field Engineer at Summers Consulting, Inc
- Dishwasher at Denny's
- Cart Attendant & Janitorial Associate at Walmart
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Interpret all data acquired from the MWD tool such as inclination, azimuth and gamma.
• Ensure all equipments and tools are available on site where drilling will occur.
• In charge of informative paperwork such as daily parameters and safety reports.
- MWD Field Engineer at Stryker Energy Directional Services
- Manager at House of Nutrition
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology - Petroleum Technology
• Performed field MWD operations according to client requirements to complete and deliver the assigned engineering projects
• Maintained data base and forwarded measurement and log report to clients
• Built, tested, used, and repaired tool for daily operation
• Develop job tickets and daily work reports
• Operated and monitored rig site MWD surface systems
• Gathered and interpreted project data in coordination with geologists and drillers
- MWD Field Engineer at Gordon Technologies, LLC
- Substance Abuse Technician at New Beginnings Recovery Center
- Inspector Assistant at HADCO Services, Inc
- Irrigation Specialist at Rain, Drain, & Illuminate Inc
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology - Industrial Technology
- Associates of Science in Industrial Technology - Construction Planning & Control
Build, test, and utilize MWD tools to monitor down hole drilling parameters. Interpret down hole data and liaise with Directional Driller, Geologists, and Company Man. Generate Daily and Final Well Reports on service performance. Troubleshoot and operate MWD surface equipment, providing surveys/data to geologists, and motor equipment on Standard Operating Procedures. Log data provided by measurement tools in the drill string and provide real time data to Directional Driller and Geologist to help steer the drill.
- MWD Field Engineer at
- Mechanic Assembler at TD Williamson
- Field Tech at Measurement Solutions
7 months at this Job
- High School Diploma