Naval architect working on finite element modeling and analysis in ANSYS, structural calculations, first principles calculations, production design for shipyard manufacturing, conversion, upgradation and repair.
- Naval Architect at Edison Chouest Offshore
- Researcher at University of New Orleans
- SCIENTIST-B at School of Maritime Design and Research
- Design Engineer at Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company Ltd., India
at this Job
- MS - Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- BE - Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
Meritorious Civilian Service Medal
- Naval Architect at Norfolk Naval Shipyard
- Naval Architect at NNSYN
23 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Design and engineering
- Some college
PRESENT): Dry docking, docking/undocking stability and clearances: U.S. Naval vessels of the 7th Fleet stationed in San Diego, California. INGALLS (2017): Vessels for the U.S. Navy. Supervision of technical staff in the execution of structural design and stability DD, DLG, DDG, LHA Class Naval vessels. Preliminary design of new Patrol Frigate for the U.S. Navy.
- Naval Architect at AECOM/SWRMC U.S. Navy
- Naval Architect at AECOM/SWRMC
- Designer and Engineer of the following Boats/Ships at HULL DESIGN
- Owner, Engineer, Marine Consultant at HULL DESIGN
1 year at this Job
- B.S. - Structural Engineering
· Trouble Desk – Technical representative for the project; coordination between production and engineering resolving any questions or issues that may arise during execution of work. · Project Planning and Execution – Preparation and review of instruction to inspect and repair various sections U.S. Navy submarines. · Engineering Engagement – Actively provide deck plate support, conduct ship-checks, and structural inspections. · Technical lead on overhauling the design of several Pressure Hull inserts which have cut time and cost of future repairs by approximately 50%.
- Naval Architect at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
- Teaching Assistant at Boise State University
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Civil Engineering, Emphasis in Structures
Helped compile, organize, and present class II changes for the production NAVSEA office. ◦ Assisted the PMS 501P manager in review and organization ◦ Provided shipyard support on Acceptance Trials and Crew Move Aboard for the Independence Class Ship ◦ Created drawings and presentations on future ship modifications to occur during the IPDA period of the vessel
- Task 5 Naval Architect Intern at CACI
- Naval Architect Intern at Alion Science and Technology
- Vector Marketing, Cutco - Sales Representative at ATTRIBUTES
7 months at this Job
- B.E. - Naval Architecture
Performe Naval Architectural duties on multiple vessels classes, primarily river and near costal cruise ships: Creating hull forms, and general arrangements for new designs along with the necessary GHS models for stability calculations. Modifying rescue boat launch systems, ballast system, and other necessary systems for ships that will be refitted. Preform ship checks as necessary.
- Naval Architect at Lay, Pitman, and Associates
- Naval Architect Intern at MiNO Marine
- Hull Engineering Intern at NASSCO
- Structural and Arrangement Design Intern at Electric Boat
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Naval Architect at Ingalls Shipbuilding
- Student Member at SNAME
- Junior Naval Architect at C. Fly Marine Services
- Naval Architecture Intern at Bennett Offshore
8 months at this Job
- BS - Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Develop and validate A-Frame integration designs for a variety of offshore support vessels.
• Design of A-Frame integration equipment
• Conducted detailed Finite Element Analysis of fatigue and static stresses for integration components
• Managed and performed on site A-Frame installation works Achievements
• Primary on-site company representative during the installation of 40+ accommodation modules on a 390’ vessel
• Assumed responsibility for IT upgrades and team management when assigned personal was lacking
• Validated integration designs for an A-Frame and guidewire system used in an 85-tonne asset recovery. Asset was recovered from over 340 meters subsea in open water.
• Multiple successful installations and demobilizations without a single safety incident from myself or teammates
- Naval Architect / Mechanical Engineer at Thrust Maritime Pty. Ltd.
- Receptionist / Night Auditor at
- Assistant Hall Director at Washington State University
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Engineering - Maritime Design
- Bachelors of Science - Mechanical Engineering
• Performs structural calculations for the concept and detail design of ship lifting platforms for docking operations of vessels of up to 10,000 metric tons.
• Conducts full-scale FEA structural strength studies for ship lift docking platforms using the software FEMAP with NX-Nastran. These analyses are performed to optimize the platform structural components and allow the evaluation and selections of optimal design configurations.
• Computes deflections / deformations of ship lift platforms by using first principles analysis methods and FEA modeling. These calculations produce as a result camber values, which are set on the platforms during installation to counteract the deflections on the structure and allow for smooth rolling and transport of heavy ships.
• Performs detailed design calculations for all welded joints on ship lift platforms using first principles following standards like the AISC and AWS codes, in addition to marine class society rules.
• Performs structural code checks following class society rules and standards such as AISC for ship lift platforms.
- Lead Structural Engineer / Senior Naval Architect at Pearlson Shiplift Corporation
- Naval Architect - Mechanical Engineer at Eastern Shipbuilding Group
- Advance ship structural analysis and finite element analysis subject matter expert at ABS Americas Division
- Senior Engineer - Hull Structures. Naval Architect at American Bureau of Shipping - ABS Americas
10 months at this Job
- master's degree - Naval Architecture
- MSc - Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
- Internship program in Naval Architect department at SEE SONG AND SONS SDN BHD
- at Batu Pahat Shipyard
- Part - time staff at RAJA NURUL WEDDING & FLORAL
- Helper at RAJA NURUL WEDDING & FLORAL
5 months at this Job
- BACHELOR - NAVAL ARCHTECTURE AND SHIPBUILDING
- - ENGLISH
- - FOUNDATION