Designed metal foundations for naval equipment aboard surface ships using Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor * Boarded ships with a team of technicians and engineers to survey existing conditions and plan for the installation of new metal foundations for upgraded equipment * Performed shock calculations for metal foundations using finite element analysis and ensuring they meet the criteria outlined by the US navy * Developed AutoCAD 2D drawings for the installation and modification plans on future ship overhauls * Inspected ships for rust and compiled reports detailing areas of concern regarding structural integrity
- Naval Architect at Naval Sea Systems Command
- Desktop Build Specialist at University of Michigan
- Depot Technician at University of Michigan
- Intern at Hyundai Heavy Industries
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Naval Architect II
Naval Architect II
- Naval Architect II at Austal USA
- Contract Engineer at American Bureau of Shipping
- Naval Architect at Kirilloff & Associates
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Naval Architecture
Petrobras Papaterra TLWP - FEED TLWP and FPSO Wet Panel Generation, TLWP, FPSO, and TAD Frequency and Time Domain Analysis (TLWP Hull Modeling, Free decay, Static Offset Test, Equilibrium and Dynamic Simulation of Single and multi-body Simulation), Global Performance Summary (Horizontal and Vertical Offsets, Horizontal and Vertical Accelerations, Heave Range, Heel Angle, Tendon and Mooring Tensions, Air-gaps, and etc), Ballast Requirement based on Weight Report and Stability Analysis, Vortex Induced Motion (VIM) Report, Calculation of TLWP Pry-Squeeze Load and Torsional Moment. - Chevron Big Foot TLP - FEED TLP Panel Generation, TLP Frequency and Time Domain Analysis (TLP Hull Modeling, Free decay, Static Offset Test, Equilibrium and Dynamic Simulation of Single-body), Global Performance Summary (Horizontal and Vertical Offsets, Horizontal and Vertical Accelerations, Heave Range, Heel Angle, Tendon and Mooring Tensions, Air-gaps, and etc), and Ballast Requirement based on Weight Report and Stability Analysis. - Noble Energy SPAR - STUDY SPAR Platform Wet Panel Generation, SPAR Hull Modeling, Frequency and Time Domain Simulation, Global Performance Summary, and Mooring Line Design (Polyester and Wire Mooring Lines, and Mooring line Configuration (Azimuth, Hang-off angle, Line Length, Fairlead and Anchor location)) - BP Maddog II SPAR - COMPETITION SPAR Platform Wet Panel Generation, SPAR Hull Modeling, Frequency and Time Domain Analysis (Free decay, Static Offset Test, Equilibrium and Dynamic Simulation of Single-body), Global Performance Summary - BP Turbular - STUDY TLP Wet Panel Generation, TLP Frequency and Time Domain Analysis (Hull Modeling, Free decay, Static Offset, Equilibrium and Dynamic Simulation of Single-body), Global Performance Summary
- Naval Architect at Floatec, LLC
- Naval Architect Group at IntecSea WorleyParsons
- Graduate Assistant at Ocean Engineering Division, Texas A&M University
- Internship at Ship Outfitting Design - Hyundai Heavy Industries Company
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Ocean Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Naval Architecture
Jiangnan Changxing Shipbuilding)
China 06/2014-05/2017 & 07/1998-03/2001
Naval Architect and marine engineer for ships
• Involved in concept design and detail design.
• Communicate on a daily basis with other departments involved on a project.
- Naval Architect and marine engineer for ships at Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding Group
- Naval Architect and marine engineer at Britoil Offshore Ltd
- Ship surveyor and deputy manager at Bureau Veritas
- Ship and offshore general surveyor at Det Norske Veritas
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Offshore (Structural) Engineering
- - science of marine technology
- Bachelor's - Naval Architecture
Founded company and ran corporation. Hired and supervised staff, and governmental compliance. Responsible for marketing and sales, and maintaining relationships with clients. Presented papers and wrote articles on vessel engineering and design.
- Naval Architect, President at W.G. Hahn, LLC
- Customer Service, Cashier, Stock Person at Wal-mart Associates, Inc
- Naval Architect, Technical Director at American Custom Yachts, Inc
- Project Manager, Naval Architect at Croupier" and "Golden Osprey
33 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Advanced Marine Composites Short Course
- Naval Architect at Austal USA
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at Davidson Laboratory
- Naval Architect Intern at Gilbert Associates, Inc
- Summer Student Counselor at Stevens ECOES Summer Programs
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- BE - Naval Engineering
- - Naval Architecture
- - Senior Design
Modification of Roll on Roll off vessel from car ferry to passenger vessel.
• Preparing of work to accomplished by studying to blueprint specification and plans.
• Study of passenger accommodation and facility plans
• Designing and preparation of work package, materials take off, estimation and costing.
• Top side integration.
• Analysis of initial stability.
• Recalculation of hull scantlings.
• Weight analysis
• Conduction of Inclining experiment and calculations.
• Mooring analysis
• Conduction of sea trial. Unison/General Dynamic NASSCO: (Contract) 7470 Mission Valley, San Diego. California, 92108 USA
- NAVAL ARCHITECT / PROJECT CONSULTANT at Batangas City
- Naval Architect/ Mass Property Engineer at Navy Replenishment Vessel
- Senior Engineer for Weight & Moment Sect at Bath Iron Works
- Hull Section Manager at Zambales
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering - Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- BS - CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Vocational - Diesel Mechanics
• Structural design & analysis of primary and secondary ship structures.
• Manage & schedule preparation, issue & submittal of class structural key plans for Customer, class & regulatory approval.
• Prepared procurement specifications and statements of work for the completion of structural components by outside vendors.
• Mentor younger staff engineers based on extensive marine experience with US Navy, USCG-MSC & classification organizations.
• Troubleshoot structural problems in shipyard. Directly liaison with SUPSHIP-GC personnel to resolve customer comments and deficiency reports (CARs).
- NAVAL ARCHITECT III at Austal USA
- MARINE ENGINEER at Taylor Wharton
- NAVAL ARCHITECT/ SENIOR STAFF MECHANICAL ENGINEER at Lockheed Martin Corp
- PROJECT ENGINEER at Richard L. Sensenig Company
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Training Certificate
- M.S. - Ocean Engineering
- B.S.E. - Naval Architecture
• Designed a Catamaran ship hull and a Mono ship hull for a cruise liner in DelftShip and HECSALV(TM).
• Performed hull test which included Flooding, Angles of stability, Incline, and Trim.
- Naval Architect/Marine Engineering Intern at Showcase Properties & Design Inc
- Diver/Welder/Inspector at American Inshore Divers Corporation
- Infantryman (11B) at United Sates Army
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering Technology - Marine Engineering Technology
as a Naval Architect for South West Regional Maintenance Center (SWRMC) Code 241 addressing structural engineering, corrosion and watertight integrity problems onboard surface combatants and amphibious vessels in San Diego. Performs structural analysis on damaged and corroded shipboard structures to guide the maintenance providers on complex repair decisions during shipboard maintenance availability periods. Designs temporary structural repairs in lieu of permanent repairs. Serves as the acting SWRMC Dockmaster for all US Naval drydock activities in the San Diego Region. Accomplishes all block measurement verifications, weight and moment calculations, clearance calculations, wind loading calculations and overturning moment calculations. Oversees all drydocking operations of US Naval ships performed by local area contractors and assists NAVSEA in the certifications of San Diego Region drydock facilities including local contractor floating drydocks, graving docks and building ways as well as the US Navy operated graving dock at Naval Base San Diego and the Navy's floating drydock at the Submarine Base on Point Loma.
- Naval Architect/Structural Engineer - South West Regional at Maintenance Center Serves
- Naval Architect/Structural Engineer at Epsilon Systems Solutions
- Program Manager at Epsilon Systems Solutions
- Business Development Manager at Clarus Fluid Intelligence
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science degree - Mechanical/Naval
- Bachelor of Science degree - Mechanical Engineering