Mr. Bertman serves as the Network Architect in support of Customs and Border Protection. He creates new networking technology implementations for all of CBP. He implements multiple solutions for network transport technologies, has created and implemented the Network Access control solution Cisco ISE and created all policies associated, supported all projects following the Agile and scrum frameworks, has designed and implemented multiple network designs with emerging technologies including all test plans and testing associated, has created requirement documents for all new projects, and continues to come up with new solutions to increase productivity for the customer.
- Network Architect at Defense Point Security
- Technical Engineer at Ascension Health
- Desktop Support Staging Technician at Dell
- Customer Care Rep/Tier 3 Rep/Tier 3 Lead/ Voice Operations Specialist at Time Warner Cable
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Engineering
• Joined the Network Architecture and Planning team
• Lead architect of the SD-WAN architecture
- Network Architect at Frontier Communications
- Network Architect Engineer at Frontier Communications
- Sr. Systems Engineer at Juniper Networks
- Sr. Systems Engineer at Juniper Networks
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Systems, Concentration in Technology Management
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
• Was the primary Network Engineer\Architect for the Managed Service Provider supporting various clients in the central Illinois Area. My primary responsibility was Senior Level Network Administration and Design and Advanced Trouble Resolution.
• Was responsible for all Networked Servers, Datto Backups, Firewalls, and Other Network devices managed under contract by the MSP.
• Designed procedures to properly identify, label, and monitor new or on-boarded clients
• I was responsible for the main network connectivity for each client and remote links to outside vendors. Devised firewall policies and VPNs to facilitate proper secured remote administration of client networks.
- Sr. Network Architect at Network Solutions Unlimited Inc
- Network Administrator at Mcleod Express
- Windows 2003 End of Life Upgrade Project Manager at Levi, Ray, and Shoup - ADM Inc
- Information Technologies Manager at House of Representatives - State of Illinois
1 year at this Job
- MCP - Microsoft Networking, Network Design and Implementation
- High school
Network Architect for large enterprise network with multiple Data Centers and over 350 remote locations across the United States.
• Develop network roadmap and strategy for the Apria enterprise network
• Network design and implementation of Data Center network with Cisco Nexus 7710 Campus Core
• MPLS design, implementation and support (AT&T, Century Link and Verizon)
• Cisco ACI POC deployment with Palo Alto and Checkpoint Firewalls
• Cisco, Palo Alto and Checkpoint firewall and network architecture
• Vendor selection and management
• Investigate, analyze and resolve all networking or security related technical problems
• Team recruiting, management and development
• Project management and resource management of team projects and resources
• Visio network diagrams and technical documentation creation
• Cloud connectivity and support
- Network Architect / Lead at Apria Healthcare
- Founder / Sr. IT Consultant at MTT Consulting
- Industrial Cyber Security Engineer at Honeywell
- Synoptek - Professional Services Mgr. / Sr. IT Consultant at SMB Markets
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Washington, DC 2017-2019
Virtualization Process Improvement
Essential Duties/Key Accomplishments:
• Implementation of PKI onto a Domain from A-Z.
• Responsible for Nutanix Virtual Hosts to include management with Prism on hyper converged systems
• Responsible for VMware vCenter and over 900 VMware ESXi hosts
• Perform operations with Vmotion, DRS, STIG patching, Horizon View
• Monitoring of the environment with VMware, vRops, Aternity and Stratusphere.
• Performance diagnostics on Virtualization network traffic. Senior Network Architect SECDEF Pentagon Essential Duties/Key Accomplishments:
• Engineer and Design of Network and System Monitor System using What's up Gold 2017.
• Use of Riverbed Steelheads to optimized Mobile User clients
• Install of new circuits for VIP's as required.
• Train and work with others on implementation and design with system strategies.
• Diagnosis of remote connectivity solutions for VIP's.
• Design, drawing and documentation of various network designs.
- Senior Network Architect SECDEF Pentagon at NetCentrics, Pentagon
- Network Switching Design Engineer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services
- Exchange Systems Engineer at VECTRUS, CAMP ARIFJAN KUWAIT
- Network Engineer/Site Lead at DRS TSI, BAGDAD/BALAD/KIRKUK IRAQ
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
- - communication systems
- - Navy Electronics Technician
• Identified the best and cost effective solution to clients' needs through conducting thorough assessment of the existing technical problems.
• Fully documented and generated diagrams of infrastructure for customers
• Coordinated with telecommunication providers regarding voice and data circuit availability and implementation for clients, as well as with technical contractors and direct project.
• Explored solutions to provide clients with beneficial and affordable problem resolutions.
• Efficiently recorded and discussed complete network topography to clients and facilitate contract bids for clients.
• Maintained constant coordination with information technology sourcing service providers.
- Network Architect at NW Networking
- Technical Support Engineer II at Tripwire Inc
- Technical Specialist III at Serena Software
- Systems Engineer at Intel Corporation
17 years at this Job
- - Business Information Systems
• Work in an environment with other architects, engineering, and support personnel, interacting and collaborating effectively to ensure a stable and supportable environment for the customer.
• Understand the business strategy, goals, and direction and determine the technology to meet those needs.
• Develop technology strategy, engineering standards, standard methodologies, and procedure to contribute to the network environment.
• Function as the network engineering lead on critical infrastructure projects and initiatives.
• Write technical design and build documentation for network infrastructure.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and other engineering partners to develop reference architectures and other support materials.
• Participate in troubleshooting and problem determination in assistance of the network as necessary.
• Develop and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to span both technical staff and senior management audiences.
• Ensure solutions are compliant with DoED security policies.
• Architect, plan, and work with the Engineering Team to: 1) design, develop, and engineer the network infrastructure, 2) apply forward-looking approaches that will evolve the DoED WAN into a more secure, resilient, innovative, mature, scalable, and cost efficient network, and 3) provide for the integration of new technologies and services.
- Enterprise Network Architect at Department of Education
- Senior Network Consulting Engineer at Cisco Systems
- Architect at NES Associates
- Senior Network Architect at Military Hospital
1 year, 8 months at this Job
Designed, built, and configured the entirety of the network infrastructure for client's business including: LAN, WLAN, IP telephony, security, Internet circuit w/ 4G LTE backup; Cisco Meraki Security Appliances, Meraki switches, Meraki Wi-Fi, Meraki IP phones, Amazon Web Services
- Network Architect at Promaxum
- Network Design Engineer at Coca-Cola
- Network Design Engineer at SunTrust Bank
- Network Engineer III at Genuine Parts Company (NAPA)
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management Information Systems
US June/2014 ~ July/2018
• Performing Cloud-based core platform design, integration and demonstration/verification - Openstack infrastructure design and implementation - Undercloud, Controller and Overcloud installation - OVS, SRIOV node configuration and VNF instantiation and commissioning - Lifecycle management for instantiation, scale in/out and terminate - E2E test demonstration and detailed feature testing
• Working various of cloud migration projects and 5G PoC and trial - 5G network slicing PoC for ATT operator - Legacy to Cloud MME migration in T-Mobile network - Cloud ePC implementation in CelluarOne network - Cloud MME migration in USCelluar and initiating 5G trial planning in customer lab - Research 5G architecture proactively by PoC and studying related stuff
• Manage and support full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Openstack cloud based computing environments - Various stacks spin up using Openstack Heat orchestration and provide cloud solution
• IP routing design and building network devices with multiple vendor switch, router, firewall and deep knowledge on routing/switching with BGP, OSPF, IPv6, MPLS, VRRP, xSTP, etc - deep hands on skill with Cisco/Juniper/HP/Dell products and design IP topology - IP network optimization and Data throughput analysis and provide solution
• Planning & optimizing for 2G/3G/LTE packet core and has an expertise many kinds of core platforms and routers - Provide many of solutions to operate LTE network for operators in US and Korea - Integration of VoLTE/VoWifi solutions and advanced troubleshooting - Guide roaming design and support integration with GRX operator - Responsible for resolution of any field issues and on-going product improvement
• Analysing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance - KPI troubleshooting and improvement for Volte and ePC products - Analysis of network captures collected via Wireshark or Network Monitoring tool - Strong knowledge on NAS, S1AP, Diameter, GTPv2, SIP protocols
• Work as part of a team, to design and develop cloud data solutions
• Provide technical direction and oversight to migrate cloud products
• Responsible for resolution of any field issues and on-going product improvement
• Performing maintenance and preventive activities
- Network architect at Nokia Networks
- IP and Packet core engineer at Nokia Siemens Networks
- Testing specialist at LG CNS
- WCDMA packet core trainer in customer academy at ERICSSON
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering - Electronic Engineering
• Provided tier four (4) LAN/WAN engineering and troubleshooting support across multiple LAN/WAN technologies including DMVPN, BGP, BFD, HSRP/VRRP, multicast, VRF, MPLS, IKEv2, IPSec/VPNs.
• Engineered multicast solutions to provide High Definition - Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (HD-ISR) and IPTV video services to users in bandwidth constrained environments.
• Lead engineer responsible for translating business requirements with trusted integrators to design Commercial Solution for Classified (CSfC) WLAN capability package supporting over 400 users.
• Managed a team of 30 professionals to provide network engineering and control, information security, enterprise services, and desktop support to over 2,000 users across 15 nations.
• Migrated OSPF network to EIGRP in accordance with SOF Information Environment (SIE) policies, incorporating appropriate redundancy measures ensuring stability and reliability across the enterprise.
- Network Architect at US Army
- Senior Network Engineer at US Army
- Senior Network Engineer at US Army
- Network Administrator at US Army, Special Operations Command South
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information Systems & Internetworking Technology