Network Engineering, Operations, & Support) 2011-Present
• Responsible for mid-term and long-term strategic planning, operational direction and implementation, network optimization, and customer and owner relations.
• Oversee the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement and troubleshooting of optical transport engineering and dependent technologies from the datalink layer to the application layer. Chief Network Architect for the overlay of three large Layer 2/Layer 3 regional networks.
• Performed, Planned, and Scheduled network upgrades and software updates on live MPLS, BGP Routing, DWDM, Sonet, and Voice platforms.
• Consult with corporate leadership regarding technical operations, capital expenditures, network surveillance and support, strategic planning of optical network, and new product development and deployment.
• Notify and advise corporate leadership of regulatory risks and issues. Work with Contracts and Legal on Service Level, Master Services, Collocation, and Peering/Traffic Exchange Agreements.
• Continual process evaluations and improvements resulting in hardware, and software systems that support both centralized and field applications. Resulting in 99.9995% or greater Network Availability.
• Managed teams from 10-15 personnel to responsibility for teams over 20 personnel.
• Work with Human Resources to develop open process for performance improvement opportunities aligned with the products, services, and technologies marketed &supported by the company.
- Chief Network Architect at Kansas Fiber Network, LLC
- Top Tier technical voice support agent at Missouri Network Alliance, LLC
- Front Line Engineer at Sprint Nextel Corp
- Site-Team leader, Lead Switch Technician at NORTHSTAR COMMUNICATIONS GROUP
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Information Technology and Management of Information Systems
- Associate in Applied Science - Applied Science
- Diploma - Communications Technology
Network Design, Project Management, Leadership, and Technical Training. I have worked with; Brocade Switches, F5 Load Balancers, Cisco 6500 Series switches, Cisco Routers, Firewalls/ASA-5500, Blade, Network Technologies, Endace Systems, MRTG, CACTI, Nagios, JUNOS, (Linux: Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, and Mint , Microsoft Windows, RF Technologies (Microwave, Millimeter wave, and SAT), Arista Networks 7100 Series Switches, NX-OS/IOS, Cisco Nexus 3548P switches, MPLS/VRF Technologies, Cisco VOIP, Avaya, NetFlow, CCNA, CCNP, (Cisco: IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE, CatOS, NX-OS), (VMware: Workstation Pro, vSphere, Fusion Pro, ESX) Lead Network Architect FTNIA LLC 07/2008- Present Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework. Proficient with Network Security infrastructures such as Firewalls, Network Load balancing, and Proxy devices. Design, deploy and support data center networks utilizing industry best practices Design and implemented fifteen international Data Centers under budget. Experience with network modeling, analysis, and planning. Knowledge of and experience with virtualization networking. Collaborated with application architects and DevOps to modernize on premise platform to evolve as infrastructure as a service (IaaS) on Azure and AWS Cloud providers. Deliver cloud platform architecture design documents detailing the vision for how Azure and AWS infrastructure and platform services support would enhance the overall enterprise architecture roadmap associated with future business strategies. Experience with the implementation of Cisco Nexus data center switches, including the latest designs trends such as "Leaf and Spine." Developed test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects. Experience configuring and deploying enterprise-class networks including the following products: Cisco Nexus 9k,7k,5k,2k Switches, Cisco Catalyst Switches and Cisco ASR / ISR Routers. Experience with L2/L3 switching architecture design. Experience with IS-IS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VDC, vPC, VXLAN, ECMP and Fabric Path. Experience working with Arista 7124, Arista 7010, and Arista 7150 switches Experience with WAN technologies: CWDM, DWDM, SONET, SD-WAN, MPLS, and VPNs (IPSec, SSL) Experience with wireless technologies: WiFi, Satellite, and Millimeter Wave Cisco Meraki wireless cloud experience with design, configuration, and deployment Experienced with 802.11 g/n/ac protocols, Cisco/Meraki APs, MU/SU-MIMO, Beamforming, Band Steering, and APs troubleshooting and mitigating throughput issues. Strong understanding of switch technologies; STP, dot1q, VLANs, VTP, Ethernet switching, multi-layer switching, Port-Channel, Virtual Port-Channel, LACP, LAG. MLAG, and VSS Experience with network monitoring tools; SolarWinds, CACTI, MRTG, and Nagios Experience with Cisco Nexus 1000V switches for VMware. Experience with multicast technologies; IGMP, PIM, CGMP, PIM-DM, PIM-SM, PIM-Bidir, PGM, MBGP, Anycast, and SSM Knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity principles and practices Experience in TCP/IP networking, firewalls and virtual private networks (VPN) Understanding of current encryption standards and implementation procedures Ability to work with engineering teams to weigh business risks and enforce Extensive knowledge of current and emerging IT security technologies and techniques covering all levels of cloud and local IT architecture
- Network Architect at FTNIA LLC
- Lead Network Architect at Eagle Seven
- Datacenter Architect at Endeavor Trading, LLC
- Network Consultant at Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- High school - Computer Science
As a senior network architect for FIS I am involved in planning the long-term strategic goals for my customers. My duties include evaluating new technologies, defining standards, and providing technical leadership to my peers. I am responsible for the planning, development, design, and oversight of complex network environments which must meet a wide array of regulatory compliance, performance (SLA), and security requirements.
- Senior Network Architect at FIS Global
- Senior Network Analyst at Fidelity Information Services
- Network Analyst at Fidelity National Financial
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Science degree in Electronic Computer Systems - Electronic Computer Systems
• Architected and designed the implementation of Riverbed WAN accelerators
• Implementation of Palo Alto firewalls across the network
• Implementation of Cisco Firepower firewalls across the network
• Phased out legacy equipment while migrating new and existing services to AWS
• Troubleshot the full architecture as issues arise e.g. testing firewall changes, performance testing, etc. Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Reports.
• Gathered requirements and developed high level and low level designs, tested artifacts, and configurations.
• Configured and deployed F5 LTMs/GTMs, Infoblox DNS appliances
• Ensured security/risk compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects
• Established an efficient and effective repeatable methodology for architecture and engineering solutions from concept to delivery of operations.
• Provided recommendations for new products and technology for supporting all layers of the IT infrastructure architecture
• Experience working with F5 GTM, LTM, ASM, iRules
• Troubleshoot, configure, upgrade, maintain and monitor the F5 Big-IP load balancer network architecture
• design and deployment experience in MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, STP, Ether Channels, OTV, VPC, VDC, and Cisco ACI and SDWAN
• Establish governing principles for network design and deployment
• Monitored network performance, ensures capacity planning is performed, and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
• Created, maintained, and implemented designs for the WAN, LAN, and data center networks (backbone/data network/Data Center)
- Network Architect at Architect Solutions LLC
- Senior Network Engineer at Time Inc
- Network Engineer at ACBB-BITS
- Network Engineer at Urooj Corporation
10 months at this Job
- B.A - Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Master in Cyber Security - Cyber Security
Date employed: Feb 11, 2019 - Present Manager(s): Ryan Richards (Allied Global Services) & David Pearson (Manager of Network Operations - State Of Kansas OITS) Customer location (The State of Kansas OITS) in Topeka, KS Duties: Assigned to serve as a Sr Network Architect for The State of Kansas in support of the State's OITS Network Engineering Team. Currently assigned to deploy Cisco Catalyst 9500 Distribution Switching platform to replace their legacy 6500-E Chassis-based switches at various Agency locations. Also assigned to assist with phasing out their legacy Cisco 7201 Extranet Routers and move the traffic off the 7201 Routers onto the Nexus 7706 Extranet VDC Switching environment.
- Sr Network Architect Consultant at Allied Global Services - The State of Kansas OITS
- Network Engineering Consultant & Sr Network Solution Architect at NTT DATA Services
- Network Engineering/Architect Consultant at NTT Data Services
- Network Engineering Consultant at Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA)
1 month at this Job
- - Computer Science
- - General Studies
I have been with the company since the beginning. I started off doing IT consulting, then moved to System/Network Administrator. I am now in the position of the network architect, but still oversee all of the IT. Accomplishments: 1. Built and expanded security system/camera system 2. Built the IT infrastructure from the ground up. 3. Built and maintained the PBX 4. Stayed under budget 5. Ran 45,000 feet of cat 6A cable for new building
- Network Architect at Agnes & Dora
- IT Specialist I at H-Wire technology solutions
- IT Consultant (Contract) at Agnes & Dora
- Assistant Facilities Manager at American international school of Utah
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Architect and designer for complex network solutions and topologies delivered over MPLS resulting from organic business activity.
• Designed, deployed and operated an internal MPLS backbone designed to virtualize, segregate and secure independent lines of business, applications and network services.
• Decoupled network topology from transport enabling extensive cost savings by eliminating circuit redundancy and underutilization.
• Streamlined time-to-market for network-dependent services and products via pre-SDN software-defined MPLS VPNs.
• Centralized network services - firewall, IPS, NAT, load-balancing - into a pseudo-cloud model delivered via MPLS VPNs; thereby reducing the services capex and opex footprint.
• Architect and designer for network mergers and migrations resulting from regular M&A activity to facilitate integration and business cross-sell and later achieving target synergy cost savings promised to investors.
• Technical consultant and solutions advisor for junior engineers to maintain alignment with strategy and guard against technical debt.
• Mentor junior engineers through encouragement of innovative solutions and advocacy to management and business stakeholders throughout the solution's lifecycle.
• Networking technology and platform selection.
• Top level point of escalation for high severity incidents.
- Network Architect at Fidelity National Information Systems (FIS)
- Senior Network Engineer at Fidelity National Information Systems (FIS)
- Network Engineer at Williams Communications
- Network Administrator at Telepath Internet
6 years at this Job
- - Management Information Systems
Serve as the Head Network Architect for US Army Special Operations Command out of Fort Bragg, NC. Responsibilities include architectural vision for the organization, setting standards and methodologies, network engineering activity oversight, and development of strategic mission-enabling designs for the infrastructure. Maintain oversight for over 20 network engineers in both operations and project execution.
- Head Network Architect at TEKsystems (Jacobs Technology) USASOC
- Chief Architect at BT Federal, Inc
- Master Network Consultant at Forsythe Technology
- Consulting Systems Engineer at Air Force / MAJCOM's
6 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
• Network Architect for VMWare Vrealize implementation.
• Design of WAN/LAN connections for Platform and Users.
• Design of ISE authentication for network access.
• Design of small virtual private networks for developers to use when connecting to VDI hosts.
• Design of USB over Ethernet for VDI troubleshooting of embedded appliance.
• Performance testing and monitoring.
• Latency testing for VDI connection to remote embedded appliances.
• Business requirement development.
• Solution requirement development.
• Test case development.
• Linking and tractability.
• 2 week agile sprint integration for the project.
- Network Architect - Senior Network Engineer at Affinity Inc.
- Network Engineer, Senior at Ascention Healthcare - Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare
- Data Security Team Lead at Astronautics Corporation of America
- Network Administrator at Superior Communications Inc
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering Technology
* Develop and deploy DMVPN solutions * Improve QOS configurations * Develop data center strategies for Enterprise customers * Deploy IWAN solutions for critical 911 call centers * Solve business needs through analytic thinking * Deploy performance monitoring open source systems * Arrange for OpenVPN deployments for ease of customer on boarding via SSL/VPN * Standardize configurations for rollout across a large cloud network * Expert level Vyatta routing/firewall solutions
- Senior Network Architect at Network Perfection
- Senior Network Architect at WIPRO
- Broadband Engineer at Skyline Telephone
- Network Analyst 4 at Blue Cross Blue Shield SC
3 years at this Job