Performs duties as a Senior Network Design Engineer at Dignity Health hospitals and clinics across the entire Phoenix and greater area. Cross-functions with multiple teams to make sure requirements are met – Security team, NetOps team, VOIP team, App Server team, and desktop support teams. Major Duties include; Hands-on Project management, maintenance, uplift, installations, and troubleshooting of the Cisco Nexus and legacy data center, 4 major hospitals, and multiple Dignity Health clinics across the greater Phoenix area. Ensures service level agreements are met utilizing ITIL standards and needs of Stakeholders are met utilizing Service Now and Remedy platforms, continual process improvement is forefront. Other duties; analysis of network using complex tools such as CAPM, AKIPS, NetQoS, NetVoyant, troubleshoots and improves network router and switch availability/reliability, Cisco iOS upgrades on all devices, maintenance of the wireless environment, which includes; Cisco wireless controllers, guest wireless services, high availability, and hands-on maintenance of over 20,000 wireless access points. Further duties include; Change management, incident management to resolution, risk management, task management, inventory control, UPS management and maintenance across the enterprise, ESX server upgrades and moves across platforms, network security, Cisco VOIP phones installation/troubleshooting, and data protection.
- Senior Network Design Engineer at NTT DATA Services
- Contractor Network Engineer - APS at G.D. BARRI & Associates, Inc
- Level II Manager at AT&T CGEN
- network engineer at CSC CGEN
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Computer Networks
Oversaw the Mobility OAM National Datacenters, the OAM / IT National boundary, and legacy OAM Datacenter connectivity and IT boundaries. Create and maintain documentation for application and network connectivity.
• Compressed design and build phases of deployment to accommodate accelerated schedule to replace aging and over utilized OAM / IT boundary. Completed migrations before expiration of old boundary.
• Upgraded over 115 Cisco 6509 access switches in four sites from 1G supervisors to 10G and rehome uplinks to new Nexus distribution switches. Project completed with minimal impact to effected users and provided uplink bandwidth growth for the access switches.
- Principal-Network Design Engineer at AT&T Mobile
- Network Engineering Manager at AT&T Mobile
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Electronic Engineering - Electronic Engineering
- - General Studies
Senior-Network Design Engineer responsible for the transport and equipment assignments to support the Core network. Apply established guidelines for wireless/wireline and broadband infrastructure.
• Develop network designs for wireless, wireline and broadband infrastructure.
• Apply engineering principles to create and design the network infrastructure in accordance with approved guidelines.
• Design SONUS Voice over IP (VOIP) and SIP-I TRUNKS.
• Work with operations and engineering teams to create process documentation, methods, procedures.
• Design E911 connectivity from Voice switches to PSAP selective routers.
• Work closely with Capacity Planning teams, Equipment Engineering and market. implementation teams to plan and coordinate new Core equipment deployment.
• Participate in efficiency and optimization cost savings projects.
• Maintain integrity of the Telcordia Granite inventory database.
• Coordinate and interface with internal and external customers to test end to end new WAN/LAN circuits.
• Assist in solving network problems by independently applying judgment to established analysis and standard approaches.
- Senior-Network Design Engineer at AT&T Mobility
- Senior MTSO Technician at AT&T Mobility
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Cyber-Security/Intelligence
- Bachelor of Science - Information Systems
- Associate of Science - Electrical Engineering Technology
* Analyzed and recommended network planning and capacity management, implementing data equipment configurations in various switching and/or data environments. * Served as the single-point-of-contact on technical issues. * Trained and mentored other Design Engineers on building and maintaining ethernet, ATM, and DCN Networks. * Implemented new processes while supporting the Area Manager. * Created a lookup tool for internal processing of ESP collector capacity bandwidth checks for F500 customers. * Researched and provided hardware capacity management for the L2-DCN. * Planned the move and closure of a large data center. * Developed data analysis applications in Excel for projecting and tracking budget and staffing resource allocations.
- Network Design Engineer at AT&T Services, Inc
- Senior Technical Consultant, Engineering at SBC Data Services
12 years, 8 months at this Job
- General Studies - Wireline hardware support, installation, provisioning, and Capacity Managment. January 2008 - December 2016 - Southfield, Michigan Multiple - over 400 training classes completed within the last 8 years of service. 2008-2016. Most training classes completed.in support of Wireline and Wireless Networking hardware deployment and support, Leadership, Project Management, Internal AT&T processes, Big Data and Cloud Hardware.
- General Studies - Computer Programming / Systems Analyst
Provided 3G and 4G mobility network configuration and optimization services to major North America wireless service provider network expansion projects.
• Migrated over 20K AT&T LTE eNBs from Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) hardware to Nokia FSM4 AirScale BBU ahead of very aggressive schedule, working in multi-location team. Pioneered first Alcatel-Lucent Small Cell mass market deployment in US market. Designed Small Cell CIQ template, and walked through with customers, collecting network configuration data. Created IP Network Design, including Network Connectivity diagram, IP Addressing Plan, and IP Routing plan for lab trial and market deployment for AT&T and other US and international service providers.
• Completed over 6K cell sites, million dollar Ethernet backhaul project on time and within budget. Generated and loaded configuration scripts for BTS Cell Site Routers (ALU 7705 SR) and TDM MSN (ALU 7750 SR), converting AT&T GSM network from TDM to Ethernet backhaul, troubleshooting and resolving issues quickly during network migration.
• Eliminated human errors in network design and shortened design interval by creating tools using Perl and MS Excel scripts, automating certain labor-intensive aspects of Network Design.
- IP Network Design Engineer at NOKIA / Alcatel-Lucent
- Software Design Lead at Alcatel-Lucent
9 years at this Job
- Master of Science (MS) - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Electrical Engineering
Develop network designs for wireless, wireline and broadband infrastructure. Cover the entire suite of Internet Protocol Aggregation IPAG/MPC/EMUX/NTE L2 LightSpeed work activities involving manufacturers Ciena, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, and Spirent. Issued Engineering Handoff Binders.
• Gave input to teams to help author process documentation, methods, procedures, and guidelines for current network planning, capacity management, and network builds.
• Applied the necessary tools and engineering principles to create and design the network infrastructure in accordance with approved guidelines.
• Coordinated and interfaced with internal customers and Project Managers to ensure service commitments are met.
• Used engineering tools, various software applications, and databases to assist in creating the engineering documents.
• Provide initial implementation support of networks to assure proper execution and provide resolution for system failures or degradations.
• Provided project management and documentation as required.
- Sr. Specialist -Network Design Engineer at AT&T
- Mgr. - Network Planning - Transport at AT&T
- Special Networks SS7 Planner/Capacity Engineer at AT&T
- Assistant Manager/Sales Representative at Vector Marketing
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
Tier 2 support and team lead for TWC migration of Dukenet Facilities into the granite database. This includes systems with bandwidths from DS1/T1s all the way up to OC192s. Design and develop methods for interpreting systems designs from CAD drawings and site audits. Develop standards for entering equipment and design into the Granite database. Provide technical support and interpretations of systems designs to colleagues with an in depth knowledge of how the Cisco 15454, JDSU, FDPs, DCMs, DCUs, and light amps fit into the topology. Interact directly with the client to help resolve issues. Helped develop a project website on Microsoft SharePoint O365 for tracking issues and progress. Design Ethernet, PRI, Dedicate Internet and various types of circuits in the granite database based on customer’s circuit requirements. Utilize several systems and work alongside the provisioning team to verify data and build required transport and circuit for provisioning group to implement design within the network/equipment. Systems used include Big Brother, IP Address Management Tool, IP Control, Web Xing, Granite, Clones, SASI, and Salesforce. Experience with configuring the following equipment – ADVA 825, ADVA 114, Juniper EX4200 (copper and fiber), CISCO IAD2431, SAM 5260, CMON viewer for legacy equipment. Main markets covered are Los Angeles, Hawaii and the northeast. Provided training and assistance to others on several new systems used for reviewing system designs (Telenium, NetSmart, Cisco Transport Controller, Telnet, Cyan, and others). QA analyst to validate accuracy of designed systems within the database to identify common issues and area of improvements.
- Senior Network Design Engineer at Sincera Consulting Inc
- Financial Portfolio Analysis Tracker at Private Financial Company
- SAP SD Consultant Training at
- Circuit Assignment Team (CAT), Rehome/Rebalance SME at NextGen Global Resources Inc
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA - Business Economics
- MBA - Business - degree in progress
USA Responsible for providing technical support for the engineering and installation of Central Office transport equipment. Responsibilities include, the analysis of manufacturers equipment specifications, equipment powering/alarming/timing/wiring requirements; development of standard engineering and installation drawings plus equipment Building Blocks (costs associated with the installation of equipment); inputting/updating of equipment configuration, part numbers and PIDs into the Telephone Equipment Ordering system used by the transport equipment engineers. Other responsibilities include dealing with our installation vendors to provide Central Office installation technical support and the auditing of jobs installation pricing. Technical knowledge of TP76300 and TP76400 AT&T's engineering and installation practices and AUTOCAD. Expert knowledge in the installation and maintenance of all WDM, Open ROADM, Network Cloud, Nokia, 7750, 7450, Fujitsu 9500, 1Finity, 8500, 8300, Ciena 6500. 5430, and all Time Source equipment.
- Principal-Network Design Engineer at
- Area Manager NP&E West at SBC
- Loop Electronics Engineer (DSEE, LEC) at Pacific Bell
- at Pacific Bell. Advance Communications Network
13 years at this Job
Manage the decommissioning of ATM and DSL equipment in the Legacy Southeast region network.
• Decommission and power down ATM and DSL equipment resulting in reducing power costs significantly for the company.
• Assumed accountability for issuing circuit orders related to decommission work to accommodate the circuit design group.
• Planner for the DSL decommission program resulting in leading high-performance teams to work on the decommissioning projects.
• Collaborated with central office managers on the CO DSLAMS circuit migration projects to plan the decommissioning of equipment adhering to stated timelines and budget goals.
- Sr. Specialist Network Design Engineer at AT&T Corporation
- Capacity Engineer at AT&T Corporation
- Communications Technician at AT&T Corporation
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
• In charge of all networks related to business offices, call centers, central offices located in Florida, Puerto Rico and Virgin Island.
• Provide mid to long term planning for a specific technology which includes design, analysis, solution recommendations, and implementation strategies to complex business issues.
• Prepare the analysis of the short term or long term capacity needs for wireless and wireline infrastructure.
• Conduct network architecture design, planning, analysis, cost studies and implementing on network projects to support customer base projects.
• Experience with Portfolio Management and Tracking Tool (PMATT), including detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
• Lead cross functional teams to complete projects deliverables within allotted timeline and budget.
• Coordinate project meetings and responsible for project tracking and analysis.
• Provide cost savings of over 10+ millions annually through planning network efficiency, minimization of downtime and updating of equipment and circuits.
• Supervise and provide detailed documentation to our local field technicians during site surveys and project activities.
• Support network operations by managing customer Network Infrastructure devices and end-to-end services, identifying sources of problems, and resolving configuration issues.
• Implement client requests and notifies them of network problems and the impact on customer's business.
• Supervise upgrades, migrations, configurations and validations LAN, WAN, WLAN, routers, switches (Cisco 6500s, 3560s, 3650s, 3850s, 5520s, 4500s, Allied Telesis, Foundry, Nortel) and servers.
• In charge of routine maintenance including hardware and software upgrades.
• Coordinate, manage and supervise all break/fix network devices and IOS upgrades with operations engineers, vendors and other support teams.
• Collect weekly status reports to project teams and senior management staff.
• Analyze, develop and supply technical documentation.
- Professional Network Design Engineer at AT&T
18 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Information Technology - Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science degree - Electrical Engineering