Atlanta, GA 1990-2018 Worked in a range of positions that address problem management, incident management, cable management, network design engineer, facility desktop support, help desk technician within the organization.
- network design engineer at Kaiser Permanente
28 years at this Job
- High school
• Provides professional level network design and consultation to customers both pre and post-sale.
• Owns the design of network topologies for implementation of complex IT solutions, which carry proprietary real-time life critical data and are required to reliably output to hospital IT environments.
• Creates Bill of Materials required to implement the proposed network topology.
• Provide consultation to healthcare institutions on IT network strategies and integration into hospital network infrastructure.
• Communicate complex network designs to local implementation teams to ensure acceptable (QOS) Quality of Service once in production.
• Develops IP addressing scheme to meet current and future customer requirements.
• Creates system configuration files for network infrastructure.
• Review and revise network designs alongside the local implementation team when necessary.
• Conducts audits of network deployments and provides remediation plans as necessary.
• Direct a diverse team of internal and external installation resources as it pertains to network infrastructure.
- Network Design Engineer at Philips Healthcare
- Regional Network Engineer at Philips Healthcare
- Senior Network Engineer at Boingo Wireless
- Senior Network Engineer at Lamps Plus
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. in Business Administration - Business Administration
● Designing new circuits on the fiber network, for new clients. o I use OSP insight to determine availability of fibers, ports and splice case to determine the route for the circuit. o Design the circuit in OSP o Send a crew out to perform the work.
● Providing support for the field crew. o Helping the field crew to troubleshoot connectivity issues by providing insight in the form of common sense engineering. o Checking OTDR traces to determine if the circuit is within company specifications.
● OSP Documentation Updating o Document new acquisitions by gathering all hardcopy termination panel, fiber, splice case and circuit information, and input it all into the OSP database. o Create walkouts of existing plant which has not been documented, and use the gathered documentation to make the OSP database more accurate. o Use SQL to pull reports out of the OSP database, to determine what areas of the network need to be walked out, and what information is missing in OSP.
- Network Design Engineer at Wave Broadband
- Project Engineer at INTERTEK LABORATORY
- Associate Engineer, Gillespie at Prudhon & Associates
- Engineering &Facilities Intern at Bridgetown Natural Foods
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Electrical Engineering
• Design and implementation of Main Data Center Move project from one location to another location with minimal down time using traditional DCI with vPC and In-box configurations with same HSRP group for redundancy on four Nexus 7k switches, two on each side.
• Design and Implementation of Disaster Recovery Co-location consisting of Nexus 7K switches, ASR 1002, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco 3925 routers etc. Successfully implemented OTV for VLAN Extension.
• Experienced in installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K switches in standalone as well as in V-BLOCK infrastructure
• Extensive knowledge and experience in vPC, ether channel, STP, VTP, and HSRP also VRRP protocols.
• Experienced in Cisco ASR 1000, 7200, 2700, 2900, 3900, 1800 Routers, Cisco Catalyst 4500, 2900, 3700 Switches.
• Hands on Experience in Checkpoint UTM-1, Checkpoint Smart Center R.75, Nokia Voyager IPSO-390.
• Applied ACLs for Internet access to the servers using Cisco 5520 ASA firewall, performed NAT.
• Deployment and Management of Bluecoat proxies in forward proxy scenario as well as for security in reverse proxy scenario.
• Implementing and troubleshooting (on-call) IPsec VPNs tunneling and SSL for various business lines and making sure everything is in place.
• Hand on experience in Juniper secure gateway SA-4500 7 SA-2500 for VPN.
• Deliver in-depth diagnostics and root-cause analysis for network impacting issues on Juniper Networks routing products (Internet backbone routers) to large Internet Service Provider and/or enterprise customers;
• Deployment and configuration of Sourcefire 3D Sensor 8250 and Defense Center 3500 with Port SPAN also creating IPS/IDS policies and intrusion report generation and monitoring.
• Configured and Maintained BGP features such as load balancing, Route Reflectors, BGP metrics such as maintaining the Enterprise IP Addressing scheme with allocation of new IP Pools for user subnets, and updating the port on the switches MED, AS Path, Local Preference, Communities.
• Create and test Cisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, and MPLS switching for stable VPNs
• Worked on Cisco Routers, Active/Passive Hubs, Switches, Cisco PIX Firewall, Nortel VPN Concentrators TCP/IP, NAT and Checkpoint ESX/GSX firewall
• Worked extensively on Cisco ASA 5500(5510/5540) Series, experience with convert PIX rules over to the Cisco ASA
• Redesign of Internet connectivity infrastructure for meeting bandwidth requirements.
• Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches.
• Optimized performance of the WAN network consisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
• Involved in the troubleshooting aspects of complex network infrastructure using the routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS and BGP.
• Performed load balancing and application level redundancy by deploying F5 BIG-IP LTM 3900.
• Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, configured profiles, provided and ensured high availability.
• Involved in the configuration and maintenance of IPsec Site-Site VPN. Environments: Nexus 7k, 5k, Cisco ASR, Checkpoint firewall, Cisco ASA, Bluecoat proxy, Reverbed, IPS/IDS, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, F5 load balancer, Cisco prime, Juniper Switches and Routers.
- Sr. Network Design Engineer at Barclays
- Network Support Engineer at Univar
- Network Engineer at Analytics Global Technologies
- Network Engineer at Retigence Technologies Pvt Ltd
4 years, 2 months at this Job
Planning and design networking engineer. Technical leader and Project manager of the IP network and BBIP. Planning and designing the growth of the network based on KPIs and business requirements, establishment of technical scope and order requests. Establishing schedules in conjuction with the suppliers including Cisco, Nokia, Huawei, etc. Responsible for the enlistment of the network infrastructure which allows services to be provided to internal customers and/or enables the provider to perform their assigned tasks. Assist in the design and request and resources such as transmission links, space refrigeration, and energy in the data center. Administer and control the work performed by structured cable providers.
- Network Design Engineer at Claro
- Design Engineer at Claro
- Support Engineer at IFX NETWORKS, TELMEX HOGAR, TM CONSULTING
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- CCIE R&S written Exam - Networking
- Network security specialist - Engineering
- CCNA - Networking
- Electronic Engineer - Engineering
- CCNP - Networking
- CCNA - Networking
Worked on the Defense Information Systems Network; interconnecting the US, Europe, SW Asia and Africa. This network is used for such diverse applications as high-level military teleconferences, drones, field surgery observation, and connecting military personnel to family members and providing CONUS to SWA redundant connectivity with no single point of failure.
Activities for this project included managing all aspects of DoD telecommunications requirements. Negotiated specific military unit requests to meet their needs based on facilities available from local telecom, and military infrastructure. Tracked all provisioning actions from initial customer request to completion and operation. Conducted training classes for the DISA Battle Staff Ride 2012.
• Successfully wrote and submitted over 1000 network configuration specifications.
• Collaborated using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals.
• Participated in the initial L3VPN fielding and wrote the initial network configuration specifications for intercontinental, third country L3VPN fielding.
• Network equipment included Promina multiplexers, Marconi, Cisco MSPP and Sycamore ODXC transport equipment; Juniper and Cisco routers.
• Network protocols included ATM, SONET/SDH transport protocols and OSPF, E-BGP, I-BGP, IS-IS, MPLS router protocols.
• Held U.S. Military Secret clearance. Senior Network Engineer Science Applications International Corporation Crucial leadership position; entrusted with multiple projects simultaneously based on history of previous successful completions. Top Projects:
• Lead engineer responsible for all aspects of the Installation Access Control System including project design, deployment, implementation and maintenance.
• Operation manager for the Field Office. During this time, I was responsible for 100% fulfillment of project requirements resulting in maximized company profits during my tenure. This included scheduling, meeting project deadlines, and documentation submission.
• Solved extreme engineering challenges such as designing the S-LAN project which provided secure (secret) network access outside of a secure facility.
• Solo Proposal presentation to DOD HQ personnel in DC resulted in successful award of SAIC bid Additional accomplishments and responsibilities: Project Management and supervisory operational environment included single company, multi-company and multinational installations involving the U.S. military, U.S. government employees and a multinational workforce. Designed and documented hundreds of classified and unclassified network installations ranging from campus-wide infrastructure to specialized, single-use networks. Network designs complied with NSA, industry and local security regulations. Created hundreds of designs and red-line drawings, documenting all network installs. Contributed to an operational environment that included single company, multi-company and multi-national installations involving the U.S. military, U.S. government employees and a multinational workforce.
• Designed building wide networks to include unclassified, Secret and Top-Secret networks.
• Implemented military installation Secret network connecting multiple offices in multiple buildings.
• Participated in the successful IACS contract proposals. Developed briefings and associated materials and delivered in-depth presentations to Government contracting officers.
• Network equipment included Cisco routers and Cisco and Foundry switches.
• Network protocols included TCP/IP.
• Held U.S. Military Secret clearance. Signals Intelligence Analyst U. S. Army Conducted analysis of operational activities and capabilities of target forces utilizing intelligence analysis methods and the intelligence lifecycle. Assignments included national level intelligence collection center.
➢ Wrote intelligence reports for national level intelligence agency.
➢ Held U.S. Military Top Secret/SBI clearance.
- Network Design Engineer at Science Applications International Corporation
1 month at this Job
- M.S. in Cybersecurity - Cybersecurity
- - Cyber Operations
- B.S. in Computer Science - Computer Science
*Responsible for developing network designs for wireless, wireline and broadband infrastructure. *Applies necessary tools and engineering principles to create and design network infrastructure. *Work with other engineering teams to make sure orders from customers are done correctly and all guidelines are met. *Coordinates and interfaces with internal and external customers to ensure commitments are met. *Uses engineering tools, various software applications and databases to assist in creating engineering documents. *Provides support for resolution of issues with other departments.
- SR Specialist Network Design Engineer at
- Capacity Manager at AT&T
- Facility Coordinator at AT&T
- Rma Planner-Manager at ATT-Midwest NP&E
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- - BIOLOGY, ZOOLOGY, ENGLISH
• Tested lab environmental network designs that were used for on-site
• Design and Implementation of Layer 2 and Layer 3 services to support customer needs
• Core troubleshooting for physical and logical issues. Including core routing using various dynamic routing protocols and static routing. Layer 2 switching on Brocade and Cisco platforms. Troubleshooting physical issues including Fiber, Ethernet, DS3 and T1 termination.
• Troubleshooting with customers configured with Label switching (MPLS)
• Worked with Tier 3 for Versa SD-WAN layouts that include VRF routing for new clients.
• Worked on routing protocols for customers using EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
• Provided On-call duties for Tier I, II and III departments
• Participated on company network maintenances for system upgrades, routing changes and core CPE replacement
• Coordinated conference calls for new installs/ design implementations.
• Completed and obtained the Sophos XG Firewall Architect /Engineering certification
- Network Design Engineer at Telesystem
- TAC Tier II/Tier III Engineer at Linesystem Inc
- Network Operations Analyst at Hotwire Communications
- Customer Service Representative at Hotwire Communications
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- AAS - Computer Information Systems
• Responsible for developing network designs for wireless transport and broadband infrastructure. Works with Labs, product development, and engineering teams to author process documentation, methods, procedures, and guidelines for Current Network Planning, Capacity Management, and Network Builds. Coordinates and interfaces with Clients to ensure service commitments are met. Provide support of networks to assure proper execution and provides resolution for system failures or degradations.
• Technical SME within organization. Applies expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines which include AT&T integrated Cloud (AIC), D2 VNF, SDN, small cells, WLL, MTSO core nodes, CRAN, FirstNet, RF RAN, transport, routers and switches. Contributes through own development of advanced technologies/concepts with global reach or industry application. Has extensive specialized technical expertise.
• Key contributor RAN Sparsing project: provided $13,176,966 in year cumulative power savings, $6,342,620 Cumulative Green dollar T1 savings
• Key contributor 2G sunset (Ran & Core) project: provided $80M in-year power savings
• Key contributor 2G sunset transport project: provided $50M in 2017 annualized core transport savings
- Principal-Network Design Engineer at AT&T
- Manager Network Services at AT&T Wireline
- Manager of Operations at AT&T Mobility
- Switch Technician III at AT&T Mobility
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Information Technology Security
Responsibilities include working with Labs, product development, and engineering teams to author process documentation, methods, procedures, and guidelines for current network planning, capacity management, and network builds. Coordinates and interfaces with internal customers to ensure service commitments are met. Uses software applications and databases to assist in creating the process and M&P documents. Prepares/oversees presentations, installation, problem resolution and multivendor product integration. Provided initial implementation support of networks to assure proper execution and provides resolution for system failures or degradations. Provide project management and documentation as required. AT&T 2017 Service Excellence Award winner.
- Principal Network Design Engineer at AT&T
- Senior Network Planning Engineer at AT&T
- Infrastructure Planner at BellSouth Corporation
- Chairman of the Board at BellSouth Corporation
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Business w/ IT Specialty
- Masters - Telecommunication
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelors - Communications