• Established innovative solutions to overcome difficult business challenges, and trained 50 employees on methods of hardware upgrades, security processes, procedures, and risks via the company's first security education program rolled out companywide.
• Successfully designed network diagrams utilizing Netformx for 15 fortune 500 company accounts, with an average of 100 circuits' sites per account, and introduced the use of security metrics to mitigate the vulnerability by analyzing historical threats, addressing risks and implementing improved protocols.
• Founded and built internal helpdesk system to keep track of hardware inventory, thus increasing the efficiency of network support by 32% and trained technical staff to provide support to approximately 1,500 end users.
• Developed and launched enterprise-wide software-distribution system which delivered automated software updates remotely to all desktops and devices on the network, and performed daily backups of all servers using Net backup admin, ensuring 100% compliance with the companies required standards and procedures.
• Provided support for the department supervisor by generating and tracking reports and port inventories with E.T.S., i.e., Engineering Tracking System report generator for the Service Level Agreement and Wi-Fi reporting, thus providing solutions to the customer using client data, resulting in an increase in customer service rating by 75%.
• Monitored the network to identify any irregularities in user activity and provided quality documentation as well as designed circuit segments, paths, and equipment specs to support the data integration process as well as conducted audits for data integrity.
• Coordinated hot cuts with local switch technicians and multiple telecommunication providers for new services and provided quarterly and yearly transport capacity forecasts for future network configurations.
• Successfully managed all WAN and LAN projects as well as supervised a team of 15 employees that supported applications such as Cisco works Remedy and SAN storage along with troubleshooting external customers' network.
• Diligently coordinated integrated network operation Efforts, IT planning, security, and thus developed and executed an annual capital expenses budget of 1.4 million for enterprise systems. ARIAS AUSTIN Houston, TX [email protected] (786) 457-0901 linkedin.com/in/arias-austin ARIAS AUSTIN ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
- NETWORK DESIGNER at SPRINT
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at AMAZON INC
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT ADMINISTRATOR at IKARE TREATMENT CENTER
- SOLUTIONS SUPPORT ENGINEER at SPRINT
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE - CYBER SECURITY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Network and Design Responsible for route design of all new build, re-build, relocation and maintenance of aerial and underground plant. Extensive knowledge of regulations set by the City, County, /state and NESC concerning utility construction. Resolve and design solutions for alternative and/or redundant routes. Check invoices, inspect all completed aerial and underground projects for compliance with NESC and acceptable government and company standards.
Network and Design
Responsible for route design of all new build, re-build, relocation and maintenance of aerial and underground plant. Extensive knowledge of regulations set by the City, County, /state and NESC concerning utility construction. Resolve and design solutions for alternative and/or redundant routes. Check invoices, inspect all completed aerial and underground projects for compliance with NESC and acceptable government and company standards.
- Network Designer at Phonoscope
- Construction Supervisor at Cable TV Construction & Installation Inc
- Operator at Gulf Coast Waste Disposal
- at TCI, (Tele-Communication, Inc)
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Process Technology
Helped TeraGo provide efficient, agile Broadband Wireless Access services to B2B clients through its design, provisioning and quick turn-up by consistently beating the project timeline while maintaining the high standard of work.
• Design and Provisioning of access services like internet, voice and vlan using various broadband wireless radios, Cisco routers and switches in support of large to medium scale client installations
• Design, test and turn-up for L2 VLAN, voice, data and internet, redundancy services
• Setting up VLANS and configuring trunks on Fast-Ethernet channel between intercity links
• Provisioning and migration of existing services including moves, additions and changes on the network
• Assign and translate private/public IPs to hardware and customers
• Perform network maintenance, release/change implementation and bandwidth usage verification.
• Configure various LAN switches such as Cisco Cat. 2900, 3550, 4500, 6509 switches for STP, VTP Domain, VLAN, Trunking, Fast Ether Channel configuration.
• Provided remote T&T support, troubleshooting and analyzing hardware and software issues across multiple devices to include radios, switches and routers.
• Produce high and low-level design diagrams in Visio, update databases, documents and Hub wiring diagrams.
• Trained new NOC hires on Access Network Elements, its provisioning and IP troubleshooting methods.
- Network Designer at TeraGo Networks
- Network Designer at Rogers Communications Inc
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Electronics and Communication Engg - Institution of Engineers
• Perform standard engineering drafting and design tasks
• Prepare and revise technical drawings applicable to any planned or existing plants
• Perform tasks relating to various types of surveys including institutional, residential and commercial sites
• Attend Preconstruction meetings with developers and utility companies to gather information for new project builds
• Interact with Construction, Field Service, and sales departments to ensure design accuracy
- Network Designer at ATS
- Multimedia Service Technician at Cablevision/Optimum
- Police Officer at Greenwood Police Department
- Security Officer at Pinkerton Government Services - Barksdale A.F.B
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate's in Criminal Justice degree - Criminal Justice
- None - Primary Leadership Development Course
- High School Diploma
• Provide remote and Charleston site support to include network connectivity, analysis, and documentation for network services.
• Create network designs that conform to architectural and security standards, to meet customer and Boeing requirements
• Provide incident and problem management support in preventative, proactive and reactive maintenance to meet customer requirements.
- Network Designer at The Boeing Company
- Technical Services Engineer at Technology Solutions for Serious Competitors
- Software Test/QA Engineer at Cisco Systems
- Lab Engineer at Cisco Systems
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science
- Bachelor of Science - Network & Communications Management
- Network Designer at Foresite Group
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Psychology/Genetics
Surveyed emerging building developments to integrate cable network system
● Maintained architectural diagrams using AutoCAD and other system tools.
● Managed vendor relationships and engagement
● Researched, tested and evaluated new advanced analytics technologies
● Developed and documents technical standards and best practices for system expansion
- Network Designer at Altice Technical Services, Bronx
- Dispatcher Operator at
- Dispatcher Operator at Optimum, Bronx
- Customer Service Representative at Optimum, Bronx
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S - Computer Info. Systems
- A.A.S - Computer Info. Systems
• Subcontractor Home Maintenance and Configuring Networks for small businesses/homes including Dental and Medical offices.
• Configuring PCs, laptops, and printers to the LAN, as well as the Cisco VPN.
• Handled Tech Support Phone calls intermittently.
• Administrator on a Server 2003/2000 Domain.
• MAC OS X which includes bootcamp (dual booting between XP and MAC.
• Installed email and Server programs.
• Designed websites to increase business for customers. Administrator on a Server 2003 Domain. Technical environment: Gateway, HP, Compaq, IBM Computers, Printers, Netgear and Linksys Routers and Switches, HP Printers, Office 2003, Windows Server 2003 and 2000, Symantec.
- Network Designer/IT Consultant at Maintenance Guys
- Exchange Team Lead/Exec Escalation Support at Applied Materials
- Hardware/Software Tech Support at UC Davis
- Desktop/Server Support/Tech Support at Sacramento County Voter Registration and Elections
11 years, 6 months at this Job
- Certification - Computer Science
• Performed standard and complex engineering drafts & design tasks utilizing both manual and various software applications methods using AUTOCAD, ROW, PNI and Netwin Technology.
• Interacted with multiple system engineering, construction and field service departments, regarding aspects of system setup, design, and quality control of these functions. Through understandings of field routing; splicing, aerial, underground, building attachment and MDU for CATV data and Telephony requirements.
• Project tracking, cost and monitoring of design and construction schedules, fiber design, aerial and underground construction to meet projected timetables.
• Configured plots, create plot templates, and manipulate symbology for purposes of engineering, design, field and presentation purposes.
• Occasionally interacted with Billing and Collections, and Sales to insure design accuracy for purposes of scheduled construction and release to installation for customer satisfaction
- Broadband Network Designer II at Altice USA
- Manager at La Spezia Italian Restaurant
- Field Service Technician II at Cablevision / Optimum
- Bartender & Server at Brasserie Persil
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering Technology
- Associates in Applied Science - Electrical Engineering Technology. ABET accredited
for Corp HQ and for the remote sites located in Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. Priorities completed in phases from design to setup to implantation to production. Working in conjunction with InfoSec for device and location hardening, as well as, creating, testing, standardizing and expanding of best practices to remote sites.
• Sole individual in architecting a Highly Available infrastructure ensuring 99.999% stability. HA Design included dual Palo Alto Networks Firewalls (PAN), dual Cisco 9500 series Cores utilizing Stack-wise Virtual Link (SVL) in a collapsed core environment. Access layer switches using Multi-chassis Ether-channel (MEC) back to the Cores. Wireless using dual Cisco's 3504 WLC's in a HA pairing connected via 2802 AP's. AP's load-balanced between both WLC's with the ability to failover to the primary WLC.
• IP scheme created and standardized based on HQ VLAN's & S/N's. Second octet to identify sites while third octet to identify common resources or groups. Accurately documented and auto-updated with IPAM.
• Interconnectivity completed with PAN IPsec tunnels with path and tunnel monitoring. Network extended using PAN Global Protect for remote VPN's.
• Granular security enhanced using PAN by implementing Zoned Based Decryption (SSL Proxy both Forward Trust and Forward Un-trust Certificates) User-ID, App-ID, URL Filtering, File Filtering and creating Security Profile Groups (SPG) dependent on department requirements and compliance. SPG providing further security by way of Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Vulnerability Protection, Data Filtering and Wildfire Analysis.
• Local device communication secured using SNMPv3 where possible.
• Monitoring, logging and backing up of devices to Solarwinds Application Suite.
• Work with InfoSec and ForeScout staff in designing an Active/Active cluster for NAC.
• Work with InfoSec and Attivo staff in designing deception objects appliance.
• Work with Solutions Architect in interconnectivity for Dell VxRail servers hosting VMware.
• Installation and configuration of SolarWinds included, NPM, NCM, IPAM and SAM.
• Emphasis on complete device, interface, vlans names & descriptions so SW could import that information.
• Detailed network documentation using Visio to highlight device to interface to port to names & descriptions. Documentation includes detail of all devices, serial numbers, ISP circuits, contact names, phone numbers etc in case of an escalation.
• Coordinate and configured dedicated/redundant 30amp circuits for DC racks with monitored APC PDU's to monitor black/brown out's, power surge and remotely turn on/off each receptacle.
• Coordinate low voltage for OM3 fiber lines between floors to copper patch panels to RJ45 wall jacks.
- Network Designer/Architect, Engineer and support at United Power
- at Boyd Gaming
- at Green Dot Corp
- at World Wide Technology
1 year, 1 month at this Job