As the Network Manager, my role was to ensure the maximum up time, stability, and availability of the County’s data center, core network, and all of its resources for over 30 departments and 1200 users to access. The responsibilities of this position include all activities that develop, advance, configure, secure, maintain and support the County’s servers, storage, desktops, and networking needs.
• Stabilized and restructured the County’s data center core network to achieve 99.999% up time.
• Directed, managed, and participated in the virtualization of 98% of the County's servers to VMware.
• Managed, supervise, and participate in the County’s data center on-site maintenance and support, including system configurations, Operating Systems and utilities, hardware and software, on over 300 servers and 900 desktops and laptops.
• Implemented Shavlik centralized patch management for all 300+ County Servers.
• Implemented and administered Checkpoint firewalls, Checkpoint and Websense URL filtering, CheckPoint IDS/IPS, FireEye and Checkpoint client agents.
• Managed and issued the County's SSL certificates.
• Co-authored and implemented a County-wide technology security policy to ensure proper usage of over 1,200 active users.
• Developed and implemented yearly network and application security audits and remediation to help ensure proper access for 30 departments.
• Oversaw the design and implementation of the County’s disaster recovery site.
• Recommended, implemented, and directed 2 network hardware renewals, 3 server and SAN hardware renewals and migrations.
• Established and managed relationships with 3rd party vendors to ensure cost-effective and timely procurement of hardware, software, and services.
• Reorganized and managed the network and desktop engineering team to ensure adequate, capable, and well-trained IT staff and technical resources.
• Developed and honed communication skills with co-workers, staff, clients, and management.
• Experience with planning and management of departmental expense and capital budgets.
• A great working knowledge and understanding of Windows networking and functionality. Having over 15 plus years deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting both Windows servers and desktops.
- Network Manager at MCHENRY COUNTY GOVERNMENT
- Senior Security Engineer at FOLEY AND LARDNER LLP
- Technology Project Manager at HOPKINS AND SUTTER ATTORNEYS
11 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
• Administrator for Microsoft Technologies including Active Directory and Office 365.
• Maintain and Administrate VMware ESX hosts, Microsoft Windows, and Linux virtual servers.
• Manage Cisco Network Infrastructure including WAN with six remote sites, and complete wireless coverage throughout.
• Administrator for Cisco call manager and Unity providing phone services and voicemail to the district.
- Network Manager at School District of Menomonee Falls
- Technical Services Supervisor at Milwaukee Public Schools
- Systems Administrator at Milwaukee Public Schools
- Systems Administrator at RHI Consulting
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Network Specialist
I'm responsible for managing a team of Systems Engineers and managing the entire ICT infrastructure of IGI
Pension Fund Managers (a subsidiary of RADIX Capital Ventures). Responsible for preparing and submitting annual budgeting and planning proposal for the entire IGI Pensions ICT unit to management. Responsible for Technology analysis and vendor selection through multiple means including RFQ/RFP process and general invitations to tender, responsible, also, for managing team competence levels and recommending competence development plans to management.
• To establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• To help establish network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• To maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• To secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• To install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, connection to Internet, intranet systems & peripheral equipment's.
• To install and maintain network hardware and software, responsible for administering overall Network Systems upgrades. Infrastructure installations, Network Structure cabling systems, repairs and Systems unit troubleshoots, administering and upgrading business critical applications.
• To help analyze and isolate issues.
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
• To evaluate and modify system's performance.
• To prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• To help upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• To meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
• To update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• To help protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• To accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Management & implementation of the PFA Manager (Sybase Server) and its administration in full compliance with PENCOM guidelines.
• Management of Enterprise Bulk SMS Application.
• RSA client PIN generation on the Web Application.
• Performs routine Data backups, Test conducts and Disaster routine operations.
• Administering and management of Anti-virus Software, Anti-virus updates, Patching, Security performance and general quality control measures.
• Disaster Recovery Plan/Storage Area Network (SAN).
• Network Attached Storage(NAS)/Direct Attached Storage(DAS)
• Management and Administration of Users' on the Domain/Active Directory.
• Implementation and administration of corporate mails on Google Apps.
• Implemented the Enterprise Abbyy Flexi Capture solution for IGI Pensions, saving 60 man-hours/day of manual transcription and raising operational efficiency by 100%.
• Administering and Managing National Pension Commission (PENCOM) application format called: RMAS for rendering reports (Daily, Monthly & Quarterly reports) for Retiree & RSA (Retirement Savings Account) holders in compliance with PENCOM guidelines.
- Network Manager at Radix Pension Managers Limited
- Systems Engineer at Industrial & General Insurance Plc
- at Industrial & General Insurance Plc
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.Sc. Hons - Textile Technology
in Network Development for Vision providers. I also maintained relationships with our larger groups. Other tasks included; creating contracts, creating excel tracking documents, conducting WebEx Provider trainings, EFT and ERA set-up, and meeting minutes
- Assisting the Network Manager at Network Development
- Operations Manager at Michael's
- Logistics Supervisor at Cost Plus World Market
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - English/ Education
• Recruited as Network Administrator to oversee upgrade of entire network from a Cabletron 10MBPS system to a Cisco 100MBPS.
• Gained rapid promotion to IT Manager.
• Achieved change of UNIX-based SPARCstation 10 Server to a Compaq ML370 Windows Server.
• Implemented EDI to all corporate customers.
• Developed and established disaster recovery plan with backup of data storage system.
• Improved Telesis ERP database system to Symix 6.01 ERP database system utilizing Doc-Trak in Symix.
• Rewrote all old Telesis reports in Crystal Report.
• Implemented upgrade of AutoCAD 14 to AutoCAD 2012.
• Set-up and launched SQL server and upgraded Inspection Department gage system to communicate with SQL server achieving data archiving and quick report access.
• Orchestrated use of new MAS90 accounting software on new Windows Server.
• Spearheaded setup of Exchange Server on new Windows Server enabling inner office email. Page Two
• Delivered high speed Internet access with external email while launching company web page.
• Authored electronic use guidelines and department manuals.
• Drove establishment of fire wall and virus protection guidelines.
• Developed/implemented barcode scanning for shipping and receiving in concert with Symix database.
• Successfully improved AutoCAD 2010 to 2012 while launching all new network plotters and laser printers.
• Achieved all EDI standards for the automotive industry.
• Directed set-up of new Windows 2012 Server with active directory.
• Imported data from old Windows engineering server and upgraded remaining Windows Servers to Windows 2012 Servers.
• Performed similar operation for SQL 2000 Server to SQL 2012 Server.
• Effectively upgraded the MAS90 3.7 accounting database to MAS90 4.1 on Server 2012.
• Recently improved/upgraded AutoCAD 2010 to 2012 and Symix 6.01 t Symix 7.1 while implementing Auto Manager Software to latest version.
• Administered shop floor control to SQL 2012 archiving data and ease of reporting on product production through PLC's and RSSQL, and RSLink.
• Initiated bar code automation of shipping, receiving and inventory control for new location.
- Network Manager at Mid-West Forge Corporation
17 years, 2 months at this Job
- - I.T.
• Promoted from medical biller to provider network manager within 7 months.
• Develop and recommend updates to policies and procedures ensuring provider and employee manuals are accurate and up-to-date.
• Manage the daily workflow of the network operation account functions in compliance with healthcare plans, state and Medicare policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Proactively build and strengthen relationships with providers and clientele.
- Physician Network Manager at EnVision It PErfect Medical Billing and Consulting Firm
- Medical Billing Specialist at EnVision It Perfect Medical Billing and Consulting Firm
- Service Delivery Operations-Medical Claims Appeals Coordinator at Accenture
- Emergency Room Technician at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
4 months at this Job
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- - Business Administration
• Responsible for overseeing all network infrastructure related projects
• Responsible for supporting business including: hands on greenfield deployments, making recommendations to optimize infrastructure platforms, network, data center access and security policy development.
• Develops network architectures/designs to align with enterprise IT strategies across various domains including: networking, network security and data center products and solutions.
• Hand's on network engineering, configuration, troubleshooting and deployment of LAN/WAN and security devices including: Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco ISR, Cisco ASA, Fire Power, Nexus devices.
• Implements data center solutions with Cisco Nexus/Cisco UCS platforms to enhance business productivity for mission critical data center environments.
• Escalation point for managed services team driving resolution of complex network technology/connectivity issues.
• Communicates status of technology project plans and progress to managerial and executive teams.
• Guides and coaches Network Engineers on configuration and implementation of networking protocols: OSPF, BGP, STP, VPC, HSRP, VRRP, and Cisco WLAN controllers.
• Provides hands-on implementation, configuration and troubleshooting duties with routing protocols including: OSPF, BGP, IPSEC, MPLS, DMVPN.
• Help to streamline operations and improve documentation: IP addressing schemes, VLAN design, physical cabling, data center rack connectivity documents, network diagrams.
• Recommends security enhancements and communicates reasoning to appropriate leadership, develops and executes plans effectively.
• Experience of managing and supporting technical teams.
• Responsible for the support of corporate network LAN/WAN Data Services and associated devices. Experience of managing complex Cisco environments.
• Experience of managing high availability and redundancy using F5 load balancers, redundant firewall clusters and core routers.
• Experience of implementing and troubleshooting complex LAN/WAN environments.
• Responsible for various implementations and network driven projects.
• Experience of working with WAN environments with MPLS and end-to-end QoS.
• Responsible for the support of corporate network VoIP based Voice Services and components.
• Responsible for the delivery of and management of corporate network Wireless Services and devices.
• Responsible for troubleshooting of network hardware and associated services.
• Responsible for administering and implementing various monitoring systems and maintaining alert systems around customer premise equipment (CPE) network components.
• Responsible for upgrades, hotfix installation, patch management of CPE network components.
• Experience with process control, technical documentation & compliance procedures.
• Responsible for adhering to CFR 21 Part 11 and HIPPA protocols and procedural mechanisms including change control, documentation and governance.
• Evaluates current state network design and provided recommendations for improvements in the areas of fault tolerance, high availability and network security implementation.
• Maintains/upgrades network/security documentation.
• Maintains strong vendor relationships and oversight to ensure the success of outsourced services and implementations.
• Communicates corporate requirements and stay abreast of new technology and product enhancements.
• Defines standards and procedures for networking equipment upgrades/refreshes/replacements
• Coordinates and leads cut-overs for data center/WAN deployments/integrations.
- Network Manager at Incyte Corp
- Senior Principal Engineer/Scientist at Advanced Science and Technologies
- Security Consultant at ADP
- Executive Director of Vendor Product and Security Services at AT&T -WEI
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering
Responsibilities Responsible for the Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital, US Army Medical campus network on Fort Polk, LA. All facets of networking, including physical plant, edge devices, core devices, Wireless LAN, wide area connectivity, endpoint security, network security, infrastructure support and design. Provide network technical support to staff and user community. Provide network security, configuring and maintaining access control devices and services in accordance with DOD/DHA/MEDCOM regulations and installation specific security policies. Create and maintain documentation for all network related devices and applications. Provide technical advice and expertise to command personnel regarding networking issues and problems. Provide technical recommendations regarding network equipment, security and technology.
- Network Manager at AECOM
- Network Specialist at Chicago Board of Trade
- Senior Programmer/Analyst at Hinsdale Hospital
17 years, 3 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
- - Electrical Engineering
Manage 50 clients with 12 servers over 2 locations. Maintain daily network operations and troubleshoot technical issues. Manage e-mail and communication devices throughout the company. Support clients remotely via Remote Desktop and VPN technologies. Maintain inventory and document network infrastructure. Suggest new technology projects and maintain budgets.
- Network Manager at Menter, Rudin & Trivelpiece, P.C
- Network Administrator at The Hayner Hoyt Corporation
- Network Technician/Technical Manager at Soyata Computers
5 years at this Job
Responsible for Seaport’s data and voice networks, including design, planning, implementation, and ongoing management/maintenance of the networks. Accountable for corporate network security and meeting regulatory compliance for PCI and PII data. Coordinate between Seaport’s Technology team, Seaport’s parent company Fidelity Investments, and IT network and security vendors. Leader of varied IT technology projects, following standard project management principles.
- Network Manager at Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center
- Manager of Network and Telecommunications Services at South Shore Hospital
- Director of IT Infrastructure at Joslin Diabetes Center
- Manager of Information Technology at Hawthorn Medical Associates, LLC
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Humanities and Social Sciences - Humanities and Social Sciences