Network Operations Engineer at Pico (Financial Services), managing about 500+ plus devices for various clients in the finance industry. Strong Understanding of TCP/IP Routing: troubleshoot, implement, and support highly critical connections for clients in the financial industry; utilizing software such as Orion, Net Brain, Zabbix, and Corvil. Work with carriers to help troubleshoot WAN circuit outages. Participate in various projects going on in the company. Devices: Arista 7150, Arista 7280, Cisco Nexus 3548, Cisco 2960x, Juniper srx340, Cisco ASA 5515s Firewalls, and Fortinet Fortigate Firewalls.
- Network Operations Engineer at Pico Quantitative Trading
- Field Technician at Miele USA
- Technical Support at
7 months at this Job
- Some College - Electrical and Computer Engineering
* The primary responsibility of my duties as a Sr. Operations Network Engineer is to provide the technical expertise needed to support day-to-day network operations. * Hands-on experience LAN and WAN networking concepts, experience.. * Monitor network devices along with knowledge of advanced and leading edge networking technologies. Large Enterprise implementation. * Maintenance and administration of networks and related support systems, troubleshooting and resolving issues related to systems and networks; * supporting technology needs of end-users throughout the organization. Sr. Network Engineer participates in off-hours maintenance activities, be "On-Call." * Monitor the performance of network systems and advise management when additional processing or technology enhancements are required. Management), GSM Radio & core Network, Service Network and Element manager. * Network Consultation Services for Customers and Product Teams * Gather requirements and desired results * Create detailed design * Provide risk assessment * Provide business continuity solutions * Provide scope and budget * Issue orders for services and equipment * Document, test, and operational handover * Implement New or Enhanced Network Solutions * Perform site surveys * Utilize troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, TCPdump, Syslog message analysis etc. * Specialties: Cisco ASA, Checkpoint Splat/Gaia R75 and above, Juniper Netscreen Firewall * Bluecoat Proxy and F5 LTM/ASM/GTM/APM, Cisco Routing/Switching, BGP, OSPF & MPLS. * F5 APM Implementation done for SAML SSO and SSL VPN * Information Security Consulting, Documentation, Policy implementation, Guidelines, Trained the Users about Information Security Policy and procedure etc. * Install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Palo Alto and Cisco Firewalls * Maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems * Be responsible for ongoing configuration changes, monitoring and maintenance for Palo Alto * Help in troubleshooting customer's network security issues * Research industry best practices and make recommendations * Create configuration and installation documents * Utilize excellent oral and written communication skills, be a team player and willing to learn * Assist on other projects and operational issues * Be responsible for all aspects of technical development, engineering design, and implementation of customer's Palo Alto and Cisco ASA based network security solution * Utilize proficiency with Cisco routers, switches, and controllers * Orientate operations team * Provide third tier operational support * Interface with vendor technical assistance teams to resolve complex problems * Perform troubleshooting of systems and infrastructure elements to support the diagnosis of problems. * LAN/WAN design and implementation using Cisco routers, hubs and switches * Securing network resources with shared folder permissions, Implementing file security system. * Configure Switches (layer 2, 3 and 4 switching) * Configured Cisco Routers using BundleEthernet, RIP, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP * Vlan: configuration, switching isl, dotlq * Vast knowledge of Juniper platforms: SRX MX EX * Created Vlans, port channels, and Port security for Juniper EX4300, EX 8600 Switches.
- Senior Network Operations Engineer at EQUIFAX INC
- Network Engineer-Systems III at Verizon Wireless
1 year at this Job
- BS - NCM
• Ensure Trimble real-time GNSS positioning services remain online (RTX & VRS)
• Maintain network operations servers and ensure system redundancy
• Senior US Operations Engineer responsible for training team members
• Establish new GNSS networks streaming data into Trimble server systems
• Coordinate calculations for both RTX & VRS contributing stations
- Network Operations Engineer at Trimble Inc
- Manager of Data Acquisition at GeoDigital International, Corp
- Geospatial LiDAR Team Lead at Airborne 1 Corporation
- GPS Test Technician at DENSO International, Inc
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Geography
Network engineer managing deployment of distribution and access level network equipment
• Reviewed MOPs and built configurations and cabling guides for network equipment and appliances under the instructions of network design and operations teams
• Participated in daily meetings where I was responsible for updating leadership on progress of the deployment
• Supported teams of installation technicians and gave on proper cabling techniques of network and server equipment
• Managed installation and integration of wireless access points in a campus environment
• Assisted in other ongoing network infrastructure upgrade projects
- Network Operations Engineer at Sun Life Financial
- Datacenter Technician at UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Datacenter Engineer at Nuance Communications
- Network Engineer at G4S Technologies
1 year, 6 months at this Job
• Lead on surveillance for specified regions over multiple monitoring platforms
• Job specific cross training Associate NetOps Engineers and new hires
• Monitored the entire Charter Transport Network which includes all optical & RF, routers and switches on the Network
• Monitored the entire Charter Video and Hub devices
• Identified operational issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make trouble resolution more efficient
• Coordinated with network engineering, field operations, ISP, VSC and other support groups to diagnose and resolve outages
• Worked closely with NetOp's Verticals to establish and maintain standard set of key performance indicators for monitoring core transport network & video services
- Network Operations Engineer II at Charter Communications
- Sr Helpdesk Analyst at US Army Reserves
- NOC Technician at Time Warner Cable
- Slot Machine Technician at Turning Stone Casino
1 year, 10 months at this Job
The Network Operations Engineer supports monitoring and triage of the Verizon IP Networks and Next Generation Metro-Ethernet solutions in the Network Management Center (NMC), ensuring high service reliability. Learning and applying new technical skills to support interdepartmental objectives. Effectively communicating and escalating events to escalation groups ensuring quick resolution. Utilizing a network management system via computer terminals to detect alarms. Performed as team lead of 4 others while monitoring routers, switches, and wireless access points. Completing trouble tickets to document alarms. Performing initial triage and remediation to restore services in degraded or impact state. Utilized Solarwinds and Splunk to monitor different sites and keep organized data to perform real-time updates to supervisors and managers. Utilized AVAYA system for inbound and outbound call activity, while troubleshooting and monitoring. Operating with multiple peer groups to investigate impacting events. Communicating and answering incoming telephone calls to the NMC. Utilized ServiceNow ticketing system to track all inbound and outbound trouble tickets. Advised and troubleshoot with filed engineers on utilizing best locations and solutions for Wi-Fi in business and residential buildings. Troubleshooting Layers 1, 2 and 3 networks and connectivity. Operating and troubleshooting optical networks and equipment. Managing IP routing and management of IP networks.
- Network Operations Engineer at Verizon
- IT Data Center Network Engineer at BB&T
- Fiber Network Technician Supervisor at Mercury Z Corporation
- Tier 2 Technical Analyst at SoftPro Inc
8 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Applied Science
• Designing and implementing routing/switching protocols in complex environments including BGP, EIGRP (also with redistribution) Spanning Tree, 802.1q as well as Site to site VPN implementation using MPLS.
• Implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP as well as implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
• Effectively interacted with customers, end-users, and technical support, ensuring proper configuration and installation of L2 / L3 MPLS VPN Solutions to Banking, Airline, Telecom, Pharmaceutical, Consulting, call centers and Large enterprise organizations.
• Managed licensing, VDC and VPC in Nexus 7000 series DC switch.
• Cloud technologies in IT Infrastructure Project Description: Porting the client's infrastructure to AWS using various functions and Managed Services domain. services like VPC, EC2, Auto scaling, ELB, SNS, Security, AWS Services EC2, RDS.
• Deployed and managed Internet/Hybrid WAN branches using SD-WAN (Velocloud part of VMware NSX), Driving IT efficiency with Automation and cloud management, Enabled the migration to cloud service and automation
• Experience in solving problems related to Cisco VPN devices such as Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco Routers and Cisco VPN Clients.
• Configuring and Troubleshoot critical to business like network down, policy changes and Site-to-Site VPN Works With IP Sec + GRE tunneling on CE/PE routers as well as on firewalls.
• Implement the edge router with security policies by ACL (time based and infrastructure ACL). Provide AAA authentication for users with TACACS+ server.
• Troubleshooting the point to point over Ethernet technologies and implementation specifics in Ethernet over Fiber, Ethernet over Copper and Layer-3 VPN with Ethernet access.
• Active monitoring of network components (LAN & WAN) and proactive engagement to mitigate failure.
• Monitor incoming and outgoing network traffic through a VPN. Troubleshooting problems related to firewalls/routers, VPN connectivity issues.
• Providing capacity and performance reports of network (LAN & WAN) on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Upgrading the IOS on 1900, 2900, 3500 series Cisco Catalyst Switches and 2500, 2600, 3600 series Cisco Routers using TFTP.
• Engaging with the network service provider(s) (i.e. carrier(s)) that ADS may choose from time to time for troubleshooting and ensuring that the circuits are available at desired performance levels.
• NOCs Network Management Systems, analyze problems, perform troubleshooting, communicate with site technicians and other data engineers, and track problems through resolution.
• Engaging with the network service provider(s) for troubleshooting and ensuring that the circuits are available at desired performance levels. Configured RSVP over IPv4 on Cisco IOS
• troubleshooting connectivity problems to the customer edge /end user devices from Vonage Data center.
• Strong experience working with Network monitoring tools (SolarWinds and Netcool), monitored network for optimum traffic distribution and load balancing using Solarwinds, NetScoutnGenius Performance Manager & Knowledge.
• Troubleshoot and escalate all incidents using Netcool and SolarWinds.
• Solar winds Administrator: discovering and monitoring nodes on the network, adding removing users, configuring alerts for network Devices, Servers and applications. Installing new solar winds modules and training staff.
• Manage administration of Juniper Firewall, connecting offices worldwide through VPN tunnels to two HA Juniper SSG520's. The VPN provides 24/7/365 connectivity for corporate needs of all remote offices. Juniper Network and Security Manager (NSM) to synchronize, maintain and support security gateways
• Provide large remote sites with two Internet providers ensuring VPN High Availability and fault tolerance so they are never without access to business-critical services.
• Provides management level reporting of firewall and Intrusion Protection System (IPS) activity on a periodic basis
• Create, review and update the salesforce tickets according to the SLA. Maintains accurate and up to date interactions in Salesforce CRM.Supported on call troubleshoot with technical and non-technical
• Proficient oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with operations and other technical groups for training, troubleshooting and problem resolution closure, as well as keeping network documentation current
• Ability to effectively communicate with users and staff of all levels, as well as external vendors.
• Installed and configured the Cisco routersin two different customer locations. It includes coordinating to bring the serial interface up for T3 link. Also, configuration includes frame relay, BGP and GRE tunneling.
- Network Operations Engineer/NOC Engineer at CSS Corp
- Network Administrator at E-Dot technologies
- Network Engineer at Denchleet Consultancy dba Versa cargo
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of science in Computer Science - Computer Science
- Master of science - Computer communication
Developed, operated and maintained tools for the management of a carrier upgrade IP
network for Giant World-wide Internet Search Company.
• Collaborated with development and product Support teams to improve product quality and improve supportability of network products.
• Engineered, supported and lead implementations of company's growing Software Define Network (SDN & Cloud) architecture.
• Custom tailored training sessions to fit the needs of team so they can effectively manage the Data centers across Google.
• Devoted 20% innovation time to focus on key challenges across NetOps Finance organization. Rewards & Recognition §
• Several Cisco Achievement Program (CAP) awards in recognition for OUTSTANDING efforts with key engagements involving critical customer issues, sales teams and support organizations. §
• Winner of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) San Francisco FY'13 - Equity Challenge. §
• Recipient of prestigious certificate "Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (R&S, SP-21501)"- respected worldwide, indicating mastery and commitment to critical success. Legal work status:
• Permanent Resident of U.S (GREEN CARD)
- Sr. Network Operations Engineer at GOOGLE Inc
- Sr. Network Engineer & Professional Advisor at Consulting & Support
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Strategy & Marketing
- MS - Electrical and Computer Engineering
• Providing level 1 and level 2 support on different networking areas such as: Switching, Routing, VPNs, Firewalls through CLI and SDM.
• Configuring and troubleshooting Zone-Based Firewalls and security policies.
• Configuring and Troubleshooting GRE and IPSec VPNs.
• Configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF and EIGRP.
• Providing remote support using RDP and Citrix.
• Monitoring different network environments using CA Spectrum OneClick, Nimsoft and eHealth. Skills Used
• Palo Alto Networks
• Cisco ASA
- Network Operations Engineer at Alphaserve Technologies
- Network Coordinator at ZTE Corporation
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS. Telecommunication Engineer - Telecommunications
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco 7200VXR, ASR1K, XR12K, ASR9K, Catalyst 6500 and 2900 switches.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of BGP, OSPF, PPP, Frame Relay with VRF-lite on Customer-Edge routers connecting to MPLS L3VPN and Internet Service Providers.
• Supported WAN infrastructure involving Cisco devices across several sites.
• Performed IOS, IOS-XR and Jun os upgrades and production network maintenance.
• Configuration of VLAN, VLAN Trunk, LACP, BFD, HSRP and VRRP.
• Configured and demonstrated routing concepts such as OSPF and BGP, moreover created site-to-site VPN tunnels for remote airports and vendor locations.
• Resolved connectivity, packet loss and latency issues over WAN links.
• Implemented TCL, Perl scripts for monitoring production network.
• Performed POC testing to evaluate new networking HW/SW features, topologies.
• Created technical documentation (MOP, DG, CR) and network diagrams using MS Visio.
• Performed on-call duties on a rotation basis and created troubleshooting guides.
- Network Operations Engineer at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Network Engineer at NetScout Systems
- Network Engineer at COSTCO WHOLESALE
- Global Network services Implementation engineer NE3 at MICROSOFT - Tata Consultancy Services
4 years, 2 months at this Job