University Park, PA
Systems and Network Security Analyst June, 2016 - January, 2017
• Assisted in the scanning, reporting, and remediation of PII on Penn State systems.
• Developed a user manual for the Identity Finder software.
• Troubleshot issues with encryption software for various Penn State departments, colleges, and branches.
• Created and updated records in several databases including SecureDoc administrators and Crystal Reports.
- Systems and Network Security Analyst at The Pennsylvania State University Office of Information Security
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Security and Risk Analysis
Communications, Data Analyst, Security Auditor, RFID, VPN, Connectwise, CompuWeigh, MS Office, Lumension, VOIP Microsoft AD, IVTVision, Router/Firewall. Maintain network security through use of secure access,firewall implementation and maintenance,network services provider,managed it services, technical support.
- NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST at OURITDEPARTMENT/TECINFO
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST at SHERMANS/MEDIMAGING
11 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Information Systems
- Louisiana Transfer Degree, Computer Science - Computer Science
Reviews and approves reports from team members before official submission. Reviews traffic from previous shifts to ensure no reportable traffic was missed. Lead on developing plans for implementation of using ELK stack for threat hunting, as well as refinement of the Bro and Snort tools for network monitoring. Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems. Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events. Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity. Attained role of shift lead and took charge of approving reports before submission by demonstrating a high capability to analyze and validate potential incidents. Network security analysis tools such as TCPDUMP and WireShark. Application of vulnerability assessment results to assist in identification, reporting, and mitigation of intrusion events. Collect, analyze and evaluate different data types such as PCAP, Windows Event Logs, and Syslog. Creation and review of TTPs, SOPs, and QRGs for use by the newly created CSSP. Tasked with assisting creation of QA documents and standards for the newly created position on team.
Reviews and approves reports from team members before official submission.
Reviews traffic from previous shifts to ensure no reportable traffic was missed.
Lead on developing plans for implementation of using ELK stack for threat hunting, as well as refinement of the Bro and Snort tools for network monitoring.
Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems.
Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events.
Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
Attained role of shift lead and took charge of approving reports before submission by demonstrating a high capability to analyze and validate potential incidents.
Network security analysis tools such as TCPDUMP and WireShark.
Application of vulnerability assessment results to assist in identification, reporting, and mitigation of intrusion events.
Collect, analyze and evaluate different data types such as PCAP, Windows Event Logs, and Syslog.
Creation and review of TTPs, SOPs, and QRGs for use by the newly created CSSP.
Tasked with assisting creation of QA documents and standards for the newly created position on team.
- Senior Network Security Analyst at ICF
- Cyber Surety at Air National Guard
- Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at Summit Tech. Inc
- Network and Security Engineer at DoD
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Technology - Information Assurance and Cyber Security
• Implements virtual network testing environments for vulnerability analysis
• Installs, secures and patches Windows Domain and Ubuntu Linux servers
• Assists students and peers with system installs, updates and troubleshooting
• Identifies vulnerabilities and hardens systems to reduce exposure to threats
- Network Security Analyst at USF Computer Security Club
- Web Designer, Academic Project at USF Computer Security Club
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Information Studies
- Associate of Science - Computer Information Administration
Manage Firewalls at 100+ Locations
● Maintain and Utilize AlienVault SIEM to Collect and Review Security Logs
● Schedule and Review Vulnerability Scans
● Manage Company Anti-Virus Solutions
● Configure Network Services such as DHCP, DNS, and VPN
Manage Firewalls at 100+ Locations
- Network Security Analyst at Hersha Hospitality Management
- Network Security Analyst II at The Bon-Ton Department Stores Inc
- Retail Sales Consultant at Verizon Wireless
- PC Technician & Product Specialist at Circuit City
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology - Industrial Technology
• Analyze networks to identify vulnerabilities and reduce security breaches.
• Develop and implement scanning and certification plans for network control and maintenance.
• Preformed IV&V testing on DHA sites around the country with STIGS, SCAP, STIG viewer
• Reviewed systems information through EMASS and communicating with government officials about the RF process.
• Analyze government sites audit logs, and configuration to ensure that they meet DISA STIGS requirements.
• Communicate with network engineers about the network topology, routing paths, WLAN, VLANs, ACL, Port Security, Route authentication, and AP placement.
• Analyze and evaluate network configuration on Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IPS/IDS, workstation and servers.
- SR. NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST at KBRWYLE
- NETWORK ENGINEER at GLOBAL DEFENSE INC
- NETWORK FIELD ENGINEER at ABAUSS
- IT SPECIALIST at CELESTAR
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Technology
- Associate - Network Systems Management
• Joined as one of the first five L3 Security Analysts of Audit Team out of total 12 in State Farm.
• Worked on more than 15000 Firewall rules to audit and remediation in Palo Alto Networks.
• Experience with zone based multi-vsys Palo Alto Firewalls PA-5060, PA-5020 and PA-3020.
• Worked in Panorama environment with PAN-OS 8.0 and PAN-OS 8.1
• Performed IT security assessments, PCI audit remediation, compliance validations resulting in better performance security clients and ease of their customer data.
• Worked on Auditing BANK and PCI related Firewalls.
• Best practice on identify and validate shadowed Firewall rules in Panorama.
• Experience on identifying rule usage from Firewall logs in Panorama.
• Extensive experience with finding unused rule using monitoring tools like Tufin, HP service manager and DNS lookup.
• Part of a daily practice team of identifying rule ownerships from the IP DNS lookup and rule users.
• Created documentation using MS Database explaining rule usage.
• Created stored procedures for generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
• Implemented numbers of security policy rules and NAT policy rules on Palo Alto, created Zones, Implemented Palo Alto Firewall interface using Panorama.
• Experience with identifying rule and object usage from the Hit counts.
• Best practice on requesting, Analyzing and Auditing Firewall forms with rule remediation scripts and push for implementation in Test and Production Environment.
• Conduct annual risk assessment and evaluation of PCI audit meeting compliance.
• Monitor customer environments and ticket queues and respond as necessary.
• Provided 24/7 technical network support assistance.
- Network Security Analyst at State Farm Insurance
- Firewall Network Engineer at CVS Health
- Network intern Assistant at California State University
- Network support engineer at EzDI
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
• Provided provisions, network security and access to various and multiple companies around the world.
• Used Novell, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, and provided remote access.
- Network Security Analyst at Resources
- Information Security Analyst (Database Administrator) at Methodist Lebonheur Hospital
- Helpdesk Analyst at Methodist Lebonheur Hospital
- Technical Support Analyst - Under Contract at American Express
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Technical Management
• Network and Data Security Analysis for over 50 Managed Services clients
• Install and support LAN switches, VLAN, routed interfaced, routing protocol.
• Strong knowledge of network hardware including servers, routers, switches and other computer devices.
• Responsible for Maintenance, Support, Trouble Resolution, Root Cause Analysis and SLA maintenance for large, enterprise LAN and WAN environment.
• Network Support of IPSec VPN tunnels
• Working with client vendors to manage shared network environment
• Provide analysis of IPS events and prevention of security breaches
• ETM/Policy Guru Voice Firewall management
• Monthly customer presentations of firewall statistics
• SQL customer database management
• Training client customer support staff
- Network Security Analyst at SecureLogix
- Network Engineer at SecureLogix / State Farm
- Network Administrator at U.S. Bankruptcy Court Illinois Central District
- Network Communication Specialist at CQuest
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - General Studies
• Assists with managing the telecommuting workforce with setup and connectivity.
• Administered Cisco Meraki equipment and dashboard. Coordinated efforts to deploy and rack the Meraki components.
• Administered Azure MFA user account setup and changes to profiles. Provide basic troubleshooting to the application and users.
• Working Knowledge of PSM, PCM, SSRPM & Radius; Knowledge of and completing tickets in ServiceNow; Monitoring and adding nodes in SolarWinds; Assists with creating, updating & removal of documents & policies. Key contributions to various projects assigned to the Network Security Team.
• Familiar with Cisco ASA technology and Bluecoat Proxy Forwarding.
- Network Security Analyst at Protective Life
- Customer Service Representative at LCS Advisory Board
- Customer Service/Technical Support at T-Mobile USA, Inc
- Receptionist at Grambling State University-Office of Admissions
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Cybersecurity Policy
- Bachelors of Sciences - Biological Science