• Use network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark, and other Host or Network based Intrusion Detection Systems
• Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems.
• Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events.
• Provides assistance in computer incident investigations
• Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
• Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
• Collaborate well with members of the IAM team on daily policy issues.
• Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills.
• Recommend modifications to access control lists to prevent and mitigate intrusions.
- Network Security Analyst at Insight Global
- CWOC Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) IA/CND Watch Analyst at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado
- Unix/Linux Systems Administrator at Raytheon
- Systems Administrator at Raytheon
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Security
- A+ Certification
• Performed as a member of a 24x7x365 consolidated Security Operations Center (SOC) to support, monitor and responded to security incidents in NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) version 5 system; resulted in resolving IP break/fix issues in timely and cost efficient manner while maintaining client SLA up-time.
• Integrated configurations for Cisco routers, core switches, wireless controllers and access points for control houses/substation.
• Implemented and maintain VOIP to remote offices/power plants. Installed new workstations/Troubleshoot network hardware, software, T-1 and VPN issues.
• Tools: Avigilon, Fireeye, Cisco Works, Checkpoint/Palo Alto, Fluke/Toner, Solarwinds, Cisco ASA, Lenel.
- Network Security Analyst at Entergy Corporation
- Network Analyst at JP Morgan Chase
- Network Support Analyst at NASA
- Technician at Hewlett-Packard
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Computer Networking & Telecommunications
- - Desktop Support and Network Specialist
• Provide technical support implementation for Secure communications networks using Nessus, Palo Alto, nexus Switches, Office 365(0365), FALKON AV, 0365, SIEM tools
• Remote connectivity VPN IPSEC (site to site and client to site), Global protect in Palo alto
• Nexus and catalyst switch configuration, Falcon crowd strike antivirus tool
• SIEM tools like sumo logic, Splunk monitor and launch, and meditate risk
• Remote support tools Bomgar
• Cloud security and Azure setup for network (VM, NSG, VNG, VPN, Virtual network)
• Application load balancer Barracuda
• Vulnerability assessment tool Wireshark, Nessus, Outlook, 0365 issues, SIEM tools
• Windows patch updates and snapshots on VMware, Work on SolarWinds, Wireshark
- Network & Security Analyst at Entertainment One Ltd
- Technical Lead at HCL Technologies LTD
- Senior Network Engineer at Happiest minds LTD
- Senior System Engineer at Infosys LTD
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Engineering
- Palo Alto NGFW * Design and implement advanced Networking Infrastructure solutions. * Setting, configuration and license management * Configure lookback interface, Server profiles, SNMP Monitoring/Trap, Syslog's, NetFlow, LDAP, TACACS+ * Provide in-depth technical and design expertise on network infrastructure projects for small and medium size clients. * Create HA for replication, Synchronization of configuration of information of 2 FW acting as a HA pair * Defining Session setting, timeout, decryption setting, Cert. revocation checking, forward proxy server Certificate * Use TAP to collect and analyze information's e.g. port mirroring or collecting data flow * VPN session setting * Configuring Qos * Perform updated and Upgrades using PA-FW Dynamic update * Create and configure Interface, Routing, Zones, Virtual Routers and Wire, VLANs, * Creates and configure IPSec Tunneling * Configure security Profiles like AV, Anti-spyware, Vulnerability protection, URL filtering, Wildfire analysis data filtering and file blocking * Configure Global Protect gateways, Portal and MDM * Configure Application, App Groups, Services and Service groups * Create Security, NAT, Policy based forwarding, Decryption, captivate portal and Dos protect. * Work in tandem with high-caliber SSEs SACs, & TPMs. * Defines security profile and policy object on Panorama Policies * Use of the ACC (App command center) analytical tools for FW logs and graphical presentation between network traffic and usage patterns, anomalies and suspicious activities. * Support Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) while maximizing uptime. * Routine configuration changes of firewalls, switching infrastructure, network diagnostic, network monitoring tools. * Provide ongoing recommendations of network policies and standards. * Firewall Migration from legacy system to NGFW. * Like4Like Checklist, Inbound, outbound, site to site and remote access VPN list. * Build and deploy network attached Storage Area Networks for virtualized environments. * Perform as lead network architect responsible for capacity planning and configuration assessments for routers, switches, network appliances, hosts, and other network attached devices. * Recommend technical solutions that enhance performance, increase redundancy and add flexibility to an existing network infrastructure. * Assess, architect, project plan, implement, document and support customer systems in response to business or technical requirements. * Clearly communicate problem/resolution process to customers or management. * Serve as project team lead with project oversight responsibilities and mentoring of Junior Engineers. * Contribute to written scopes, budgets and statements of work/proposals. * Develop and maintain technical documentation. * Present technical solutions to non-technical C-level individuals * Advanced knowledge and proficiency supporting Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA), Firepower, Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), Cisco and Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW). Security information and event management (SIEM) experience a plus. * Advanced knowledge and proficiency using network management software, packet sniffing utilities, and protocol analysis software. * Advanced knowledge and proficiency configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Manager * proficiency troubleshooting and configuring VPN, IPSEC and GRE tunnels. * proficiency working with Layer 3 IPVPN or MPLS networks. * proficiency with test and turn-up of MPLS or IPVPN T1s. * proficiency with QOS controls and data transfer rates * proficiency working directly with IXC and LEC Carriers to test circuits and escalate incidents for resolution. AtlantiCare - Atlantic City, NJ 2018 Network Security * Oversee all network and systems security hardening efforts to include annual, quarterly, and daily security audit, assessments, reviews, and remediation procedures. * Oversee complex LAN/WAN and security infrastructure enhancements, including design, implementation, and SteadyState support. * Firewall Migration Process best practices. Using Expedition. * Design and implement advanced Networking Infrastructure solutions. * Setting, configuration and license management * Configure lookback interface, Server profiles, SNMP Monitoring/Trap, Syslog's, NetFlow, LDAP, TACACS+ * Provide in-depth technical and design expertise on network infrastructure projects for small and medium size clients. * Create HA for replication, Synchronization of configuration of information of 2 FW acting as a HA pair * Defining Session setting, timeout, decryption setting, Cert. revocation checking, forward proxy server Certificate * Use TAP to collect and analyze information's e.g. port mirroring or collecting data flow * VPN session setting * Configuring Qos * Perform infrastructure and network security assessments and penetration tests as needed. This includes leading onsite and offsite annual security assessment exercises in support of annual PCI compliance and ongoing security enhancements. * Provide security reports as required, including security audits, scans, etc. * Proactively research and communicate emerging security threats, proposing recommendations for implementing short- and long-term solutions to decrease threat vectors and enhance overall security posture. * Lead our Infrastructure Monitoring & Incident Response teams in concert with SOC vendors to secure and monitor our corporate, restaurant, and cloud infrastructures. * Oversee and participate in incident response activities as needed. Lead security training and Phishing exercises for all corporate and restaurant staff members. * Work with the head of the corporate executive security council to develop and track quarterly security agenda and follow up initiatives. * Provide escalation support for Network Infrastructure service availability issues as well as all security incidents or escalations. * Create and maintain network & systems documentation to include administration guides, network, security, configuration diagrams, and asset management. * Be available, on-call as required, to rapidly troubleshoot any problems resulting from changes or unexpected outages or security incidents.
- Network Security Analyst at Prospect Medical Holdings
- at Intermountain Healthcare
- Network Engineer at Intermountain Healthcare
- Epic and Cerner EMR Health IT Analyst Consultant at
1 year at this Job
- BSc - Business Administration
• Conduct periodic network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis to determine if there have been any attacks
• Responds to threats takes mitigation actions to contain the activity and minimize damage.
• Work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to communicate the state of information security, inform of possible risks, and suggest ways to improve security.
• Design and implement new safeguards to protect the system
• Identify unsuccessful and successful instruction attempts by reviewing and analyzing security events logs and events summary information.
• Ensure the integrity and protection of networks; audit networks security system to identify and protect areas of vulnerability.
• Monitors Intrusion Detection System for potential, successful and unsuccessful attempts.
- Network Security Analyst/Enforcement at Baltimore City Office of Child Support Services
- Participate in Cyber Intelligence Analyst at VOA Chesapeake
- Technical Support at University of Baltimore
10 months at this Job
- MSc - Cyber Security
- BSc. - Criminal Justice
- BA - Social Science
Service Management - Global Information Security and Policy: Sony Corporation of America 2014-Present
● Provided customer support in managing initial logging enrollment of Sony operating companies transitioning from monitoring through managed service contracts and opting into network monitoring under Sony GSIRT.
● Performed integration of network device logs into GSIRT monitoring via McAfee Enterprise Security Manager (Nitro).
● Created custom detection content through McAfee Advanced Correlation Engine (ACE) within McAfee ESM framework. Supporting Post-Incident activities within the SOC.
● Created custom parsers to normalize unknown events within SIEM.
● Provided SIEM integration support, working with intelligence vendors to create seamless integration with threat intelligence feeds.
● Created custom reporting and dashboards for customer support and periodic reporting using Splunk Query Language.
● Migrates existing periodic reporting from McAfee ESM framework to Splunk, supporting seamless transition between technologies.
● Provides audit support across all Sony GSIRT managed tools.
- Senior Network Security Analyst at Sony Corporation of America
- at General Dynamics
- Security Analyst, Level II at Sony Corporation of America
- National Communication Systems (NCS) Watch Officer at Advanced Concepts Inc/ L1 Identity Solutions
5 years, 2 months at this Job
Developed and implemented new security systems, security programs, protocols and maintenance of existing systems. Developed and deployed a Risk Management Framework, implemented baseline controls and necessary security tools following a comprehensive risk assessment.
- Network Security Analyst at Virtual Software Equipment & Consulting
- Vehicle Service Agent at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Control Buy Decoy at Michigan Liquor Control
- Banquet Server at Michigan Liquor Control
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Cyber Security
- Bachelor's - Criminal
Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems. Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events. Provides assistance in computer incident investigations. Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity. Understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field. Attained role of shift lead and took charge of approving reports before submission by demonstrating a high capability to analyze and validate potential incidents. Network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark. Application of vulnerability assessment results to assist in identification, reporting, and mitigation of intrusion events. Collect, analyze and evaluate different data types such as PCAP, Windows Event Logs, and Syslog. Creation of TTPs, SOPs, and QRGs for use by the newly created CSSP.
- Network Security Analyst at ICF
- Cyber Surety at Air National Guard
- Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at Summit Tech. Inc
- Network and Security Engineer at DoD
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Technology - Information Assurance and Cyber Security
• Network and Data Security Analysis for over 50 Managed Services clients
• Strong knowledge in Router protocol such as BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, Static Route, mapping IPs, redundancy, IP SLA and its policies, PBR, IP Prefix.
• Install and support LAN switches, VLAN, routed interfaced, routing protocol.
• Strong knowledge of network hardware including servers, routers, switches and other computer devices.
• Responsible for Maintenance, Support, Trouble Resolution, Root Cause Analysis and SLA maintenance for large, enterprise LAN and WAN environment.
• Network Support of Cisco LAN/WAN environment
• Working with client vendors to manage shared network environment
• Provide analysis of IPS events and prevention of security breaches
• ETM/Policy Guru Voice Firewall management
• Monthly customer presentations of firewall statistics
• SQL customer database management
• Training client customer support staff
- Network Security Analyst at SecureLogix
- Network Engineer at SecureLogix / State Farm
- Network Administrator at U.S. Bankruptcy Court Illinois Central District
- Network Communication Specialist at CQuest
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- - General Studies
• Monitored servers, network connections, firewalls and corporate filters.
• Performed tests of functionality, security and performance of different workstations and devices
• Set up network profiles, security permissions and file sharing systems
• Consulted with users to determine requirements, and provide security solutions to meet needs.
- Network Security Analyst at Sanctuary of Liberation
- FREELANCE (MOBILE DEVELOPER) at GIVE BACK ORGANIZATION
- Grocery Manager at Food lion
- Software Developer (MOBILE APPS) at CHRIST LYKE CLOTHING
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- AS - COMPUTER PROGRAMMING