Security Incident analysis using log management tools with log analysis monitoring in SIEM with RCA.
● Analyzed Malware in different file types, detected using YARA firewall rules
● Dedicated monitoring and analysis of cyber security events; responsible for initial incident triage
● Vulnerability scanning assessment based on the network attacks and its mitigation to audit damage in software program
- Network Security Analyst at Spell Security Inc
- Network / Devops Operations Intern at Blockchain Technologies Corporation
- Network Engineer - Software Operations at Tech Mahindra Comviva Pvt Ltd
6 months at this Job
- Masters in Computer Science - Computer Science
- - Technology
During my four and a half years at ICSA, I have become the lead IPSec delivery analyst, lead mobile device analyst and a senior analyst in other technologies. As an analyst, my typical testing involves penetration testing using a variety of tools and attacks to determine if security products meet ICSA's baseline security standards. My day-to-day duties include deploying, configuring and maintaining devices in a simulated Internet infrastructure, growing and troubleshooting out test network, working with our customers to meet testing requirements and growing our business by developing new programs.
• Test new and existing products at the packet level to monitor how they respond to the evolving set of security vulnerabilities and against the current set of testing criteria.
• Researched new and existing vulnerabilities and develop test methods to recreate them in a lab environment.
• Assisted in the creation and maintenance of security testing procedures, testing methodologies and documentation.
• While lead IPSec delivery analyst, grew the size of the IKEv2 testing program by double.
• Developed, configured, maintained and tested various network security technologies, including: ◦ IPSec VPN (Checkpoint, Juniper, F5, HP, others) ◦ Network Firewalls (Watchguard, Fortinet, Zyxel, Barracuda, others) ◦ Gateway/Groupware Anti-Virus (Mcafee, Norman, Sonicwall, others) ◦ End-point Anti-Virus Software ◦ Mobile Devices
- Network Security Analyst at ICSA Labs
- Technical Team Lead/Gatekeeper at Hewlett Packard, Oracle
- Technical Support Engineer/Gatekeeper at Kelly Services, Electronic Data Systems, Sun Account
- Help Desk Technician at APT INC
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates - Computer Networking Administration
- - computers
Supports five business units/7000 users/60 locations as a Tier 3 Security Operations Center analyst
• Coordinates security issues across SOC Tier 1 and 2 as well as local desktop support and build technicians to support rapid triage and response for emerging threats
• Works with Carbon Black Response and Protect to triage, isolate, and secure endpoints
• Manages multi search head, clustered index, Splunk deployment with Enterprise Security; Coordinated 600 Splunk agent upgrade; troubleshoot and solved SSL configuration error and worked with systems engineers
• Utilize Proofpoint email security to respond to malicious links and attachments; use TAP Alerts and T for remediation
• Research Palo Alto firewall and Cisco Meraki connections to investigate network intrusions
• Utilized Service Desk to track tickets, tasks, and projects
- Senior Network Security Analyst at Clayton Homes
- Operating Systems Engineer at Wells Fargo
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst/Incident Handler at USAF
- Joint Cyber Analysis Course Class Leader at USAF
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security - Cyber Security
- Associate of Science in Intelligence Analysis - Intelligence Analysis
- Associate of Science in Vehicle Maintenance - Vehicle Maintenance
• Team lead for onsite Tier 3 security analysts at State of Texas NSOC, acting as primary point of contact between Client and AT&T. Functioned as a trusted advisor to client and represented their interest in talks with vendors & State of Texas agencies.
• Utilizing various tools, provided analysis and alerting of malicious traffic to/from state agencies, evidence of malware callouts, suspicious activity and applications. Worked with telco to vet DDoS attacks detected by them, and ensure mitigation if true positive.
• Work with ISO & Security staff at state agencies to provide information regarding suspicious traffic, analysis of potential threats, and advice on remediation.
• Utilized RSA NetWitness to examine traffic history for NSOC's clients, and to perform threat hunting based on recent activity.
• Utilized Trend Micro IPS, FireEye MDS, Albert & Snort sensors to provide signature/behavior based alerting for further vetting.
• Oversaw training of Tier 1 analyst team, developed templates for alerts/notifications, and standards for actionable events.
• Managed security and network infrastructure: Maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades of Cisco Firewalls/switches, Fortinet FG900d, Trend Micro SMS/8200TX/7500NX/5100N, FireEye CM9400/MD10000.
• Participated in client's yearly Information Security Forum, including participating in an open discussion with state ISOs and writing articles for annual State of Texas NSOC Threat Report.
• Research threat intel to provide for proactive blocking and blacklisting.
- Senior Network Security Analyst at AT&T
- Senior Cyber Security Engineer at Texas Department of Public Safety
- Systems Analyst III at Texas Office of the Attorney General
- Network Engineer at Getronics
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Information & Computer Sciences
- Associate in Science - Computer Science
• Monitored servers, network connections, firewalls and corporate filters.
• Performed tests of functionality, security and performance of different workstations and devices
• Set up network profiles, security permissions and file sharing systems
• Consulted with users to determine requirements, and provide security solutions to meet needs.
- Network Security Analyst at Sanctuary of Liberation
- FREELANCE (MOBILE DEVELOPER) at GIVE BACK ORGANIZATION
- Grocery Manager at Food lion
- Software Developer (MOBILE APPS) at CHRIST LYKE CLOTHING
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- AS - COMPUTER PROGRAMMING
Monitors and analyzes network traffic for a global infrastructure devices, servers, applications and end-user experience for web and non-web applications using various network monitoring tools for 2000+ users and 50+ sites.
• Work with corporate security team to perform vulnerability tests and apply the patches to the servers and network devices
• Respond to incident management tickets for circuit outages, network failures, customer requests and other network issues. Interface with customers, telephone companies and peers to troubleshoot, resolve and document all network related occurrences
• Involved in various network projects including expansions, migrations and other structured network tasks as required
• Performed HW/SW installation, upgrades and configuration system needed
• Utilized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), sniffers and malware analysis tools
- Network/Security Analyst at ABB
- Network/System Administrator at GE ENERGY
- Network/System Administrator at BG Broadband India Limited
6 months at this Job
- BS in Electronics and Communication - Electronics and Communication
Proven leadership capabilities, entrusted with customer communication for the Security team. Launched initiatives that increased our visibility over our infrastructure giving us more insight into our attack vectors and potential weak spots. Frequently collaborated with a multiple teams of problem solvers in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. Front-line security analyst tasked with rapidly getting the Security Operations Center to a stable and full time status (24/7). Experience with a high volume environment (1.3 billion logs per day) and performing meaningful data analytics looking for long term trends. * Automated End of Shift reports for our Security Operations Center (saving 42 man hours per week) * Administered several security tools, improving performance of our SIEM by 40% * Trained all new SOC members as well as creating the policies, processes and documentation * Familiar with several compliance frameworks (SOC2, PCI-DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, HITRUST) * Integrated our SIEM with our ticketing system to more quickly resolve non-security operational issues * Created an Email Parser to consolidate various Security email mailing lists (NH-ISAC, US-CERT, et al) and summarize them to allow our Security team to at a glance see any relevant information from their dashboard * Created an automated tool to pull vulnerability information from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)'s National Vulnerability Database, correlated it with the hardware/software in our infrastructure, and sent the alerts to our SIEM to allow the Security team to be more proactive about vulnerability management
- Network Security Analyst at Epic Hosting Security Team
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Computer Science in CyberSecurity - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Applied Computational Mathematics - Applied Computational Mathematics
• Configuring and install patches
• Monitoring Security Tools Nmap is network scanning utility
• Install antivirus software and Monitor and Analysis.
• Configuring Wi-Fi Security SSID and Authentication, Firewalls, IPS modes (inline, promiscuous)
• supports various types of Network Scanning techniques discovery, administration, and security auditing
• NetScanTools ARP Ping Scan, DHCP Server Discovery, Ping Scan on network to detect live hosts, services.
• Nessus tool to scan for Network Vulnerabilities and Analysis and create report.
• HIPAA Security rule/Privacy Rule
- NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST at ZARI TECHNOLOGIES
- Wi-Fi INSTALLATION ENGINEER at Hotel Internet Services
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE INFORMATION TECHNICIAN at STATE OF FLORIDA
7 years at this Job
- Cyber Security
• Network and Data Security Analysis for over 50 Managed Services clients
• Strong knowledge in Router protocol such as BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, Static Route, mapping IPs, redundancy, IP SLA and its policies, PBR, IP Prefix.
• Install and support LAN switches, VLAN, routed interfaced, routing protocol.
• Strong knowledge of network hardware including servers, routers, switches and other computer devices.
• Responsible for Maintenance, Support, Trouble Resolution, Root Cause Analysis and SLA maintenance for large, enterprise LAN and WAN environment.
• Network Support of Cisco LAN/WAN environment
• Working with client vendors to manage shared network environment
• Provide analysis of IPS events and prevention of security breaches
• ETM/Policy Guru Voice Firewall management
• Monthly customer presentations of firewall statistics
• SQL customer database management
• Training client customer support staff
- Network Security Analyst at SecureLogix
- Network Engineer at SecureLogix / State Farm
- Network Administrator at U.S. Bankruptcy Court Illinois Central District
- Network Communication Specialist at CQuest
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- - General Studies
MD ♣ One mission of the Cyber and Electronic Warfare Protection Division (CEPD) of the Survivability / Lethality Analysis Directorate (SLAD) of ARL Cybersecurity is to conduct vulnerability risk assessments of emerging technologies, systems and networks throughout the Army acquisition process. As a network security analyst for CEPD, my work consists primarily of conducting cooperative vulnerability and penetration assessments (CVPA) for US Army systems. The main duties are the scanning of computer networks, enumeration to gain knowledge about the targeted systems, gaining and maintaining access to the systems under test, and providing all of the information gathered to the owner of the system. After the scanning, enumeration, and penetration testing activities are completed, we conduct a detailed risk analysis of the findings, help the customer prioritize their remediation efforts, and provide recommended steps to mitigate each vulnerability found during the assessment. The primary tools used to carry out these duties are included in Kali Linux distribution (nmap, nessus, burp-suite, etc ) along with custom written shell and python scripts, and other in-house developed tools. The result of these efforts are more secure Army systems that enhance soldier safety and mission accomplishment.
- Network Security Analyst at US Army Research Laboratory APG
- Software Strategic Planning Leader at US Army Research Laboratory APG
- Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master at BVLD, SLAD, US Army Research Laboratory APG
- Associate Division Manager at Applied Research Associates (ARA)
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Engineering - Science
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering