Microcomputer/Network Support Specialist - Responsible for the planning, development, installation and full support of microcomputer systems for all Dutchess County locations. Works with user agencies to ascertain needs and develop standalone and networked systems to best address their needs; orders, receives, inventories and performs initial configuration and installation of hardware and operating software, contacting vendors as necessary to resolve any problems; maintains systems through software upgrades, the detection of viruses, correcting file error problems on disks, replacing defective equipment, and having equipment serviced; provides telephone and field support to users on hardware and peripheral equipment, software, and network system problems, contacting vendors as necessary; develops and provides training for users on hardware, software and network systems; works with user departments to develop software applications to meet their needs including programming, macros, interfaces and scripts; keeps abreast of the field of microcomputer system products, tests new software and equipment, and makes recommendations for future development and use.
- Microcomputer/Network Support Specialist at Dutchess County Government
- Customer Applications Engineer (Consultant) at Synopsys
- System Administrator at Electronic Technologies Corporation
- Senior Operator at IBM Corporation - Mid-Hudson
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
A regional public transportation provider, offering service to business, tourist and neighborhood destinations in Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.
Network Support Specialist
Provide monitoring and troubleshooting services for 300+ clients connecting during on-site visits or through distance mediums. Set up Windows Server services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, ISS). Consult with management and provide daily technical, software and network support and guidance on multiple applications from Citrix connection issues to creating printers on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 print servers. Image laptops and desktops using Windows Imaging solutions (MDT/WDS). Trace and diagnose various hardware and software problems to include workstations, laptops, wired and wireless connectivity matters as well as spyware and virus difficulties. Participate in quality management reviews. Deliver innovative BI and data warehouse solutions. Provide support in the deployment of solution, cut over planning and execution activities. Ensure security in reporting and data warehousing. Actively involved in the year-long upgrade to Lansweeper Asset Management and Helpdesk to improve efficiency and tie work orders to assets effectively reducing wait time for resolution to clients by up to 50%. Create and perform back-up schemes to ensure data is recovered and restored. Work to create IT policies and procedures to warrant consistent practices. Communicate with computer hardware and software to maintain professional awareness of trends and new products.
• Successfully work and liaise with key stakeholders and system integration partners to develop and deliver a detailed data-migration plan from GroupWise to Exchange. Work to define the migration strategy and plan with project management. This is an ongoing 2-year project that involves extensive testing from set-up, configuring and migration of old emails to the live environment continuing to move the network and update its software.
- Network Support Specialist at CENTRAL FLORIDA REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
- INDEPENDENT BUSINESS OWNER at TITE TECH, INC
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology
Helpdesk support for over 80 different ISP's across the country. Assist with TV, internet, phone and email issues for users. Experience using several different ISP's specialized Interfaces to accomplish a variety of task. Have been awarded excellent call quality for average for several months now. Recognized by upper levels for customer satisfaction and exceeding customer expectations.
- Network Support Specialist at ISPN Network Services
- Fulfillment Associate at Amazon
- Package Handler at Fedex
- Sales Associate at Photo Center Tech
8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
ensuring proper installation and configuration of computer workstations for efficient and secure operation on network professional, and informative communication style in high call volume environment. network hardware, Windows workstations in active-directory environment
• Assisted with Tier 1 & 2 requests, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, recovering corrupted or lost files, server maintenance, and configuring systems.
• Documented, recorded, and tracked the problem-solving process via Connectwise ticketing software system
• Installed and configured wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software,
• Responded to incoming requests via email and phone; Handled difficult and time-sensitive situational with clear,
• Administered Windows Operating Systems, Windows Updates, and Patch Management, end-user computing devices,
ensuring proper installation and configuration of computer workstations for efficient and secure operation on network
professional, and informative communication style in high call volume environment.
network hardware, Windows workstations in active-directory environment
- Network Support Specialist at Network Computer Pros
- Robotics, Coding, and Drones Summer Camp Instructor at Miami Dade College North Campus
- Technical Support, Web Design Intern at Albert Garcia Real Estate Team, Nationwide Title Group
- Court Reporter, Notary Public at Laws Group
11 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Information Systems Technology
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Cisco Network Associate College Credit Certificate
- Associate of Arts - Graphic Design / Commercial Arts
• Troubleshoot and repair network signals using a Fluke
• Experience with Goverlan, AD, IncidentIQ, SchoolDude
• Enroll and Repair Acer & Dell Chrome books for Student use
• Work closely with 3rd party warranty support personnel
• Hardware repair on post-warranty devices
• Move and reimage classrooms for yearly changes and upgrades
• Provide high-level Help Desk support for faculty & staff
- Network Support Specialist I at Ulster County BOCES
- Technical Support Specialist at Ellucian Company L.P
1 year at this Job
- BA in Humanities & Social Sciences - New Paltz
Network Consultant Client servicing end to end LAN/WAN solutions of various sizes including installations, configurations and administration of Windows, Mac and UNIX based environments, hardware upgrade, security, patch management, system imaging, software configuration and integration, general break/fix and migration from legacy to relevant technologies as needed. Helpdesk support included collation and assignment of helpdesk tickets to tier one tech and monitored for resolution and troubleshooting network, security, hardware and client related issues
- Network Support Specialist at R&R Computers
- Network Consultant at Founders Insurance
- Member at Winston & Strawn, LLP
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Information Technology
- Higher National Diploma - Business Administration
- Network Support Specialist I at Ulster BOCES
- Technical Support Specialist at Ellucian Company L.P. at SUNY Ulster
- Transportation Specialist at Iron Mountain
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Humanities & Social Science
- Associate of Arts - Humanities
• Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
• Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
• Configure and define parameters for installation or testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, routers, switches, controllers, multiplexers, or related networking equipment.
• Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
• Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems.
• Troubleshoot network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
• Monitored automated and SCADA RTU Programming Task.
- IT Network Support Specialist at IT Network Specialists
- Maintenance Technician at Brookhaven
- Personal Trainer at Anytime Fitness
- at AAS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Network Support Specialist II at Health and Human Services Agency
- NOC Operations / Jr Network Admin at Global Onsite
- Student at California Institute of Arts & Technology
- Call Center Technology Specialist at Suddenlink Communications/Altice USA
6 months at this Job
- certificate - CCNA 6/2017, A+, Security + Coursework
- Some college
1. Coordinate and oversee information system management 2. Deploy software/hardware, administer company LANs, WANs, telephony system, servers, workstations, routers, hubs, switches, gateways, UPSs, and other hardware. 3. Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem as they arrived. 4. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records. Respond to the needs and questions of network users. 5. Help maintain policies and procedures related to network, hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup. 6. Develop and communicate standards to use for electronic devices operation, to secure the network, and data. Train users about software and equipment usage. 7. Recommend changes in software and hardware to improve system capabilities.
1. Coordinate and oversee information system management
2. Deploy software/hardware, administer company LANs, WANs, telephony system, servers, workstations, routers, hubs, switches, gateways, UPSs, and other hardware.
3. Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem as they arrived.
4. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records. Respond to the needs and questions of network users.
5. Help maintain policies and procedures related to network, hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
6. Develop and communicate standards to use for electronic devices operation, to secure the network, and data. Train users about software and equipment usage.
7. Recommend changes in software and hardware to improve system capabilities.
- Network Support Specialist at OCPS/Orange County Public Schools
- Network Support Specialist at Bright House Network
- Production Support Technician at Cardinal
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology