Amazon Web Services .. . Oct 2018-Present
Network Support Specialist
• Properly analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate all networking-related issues and operations within Amazon's Web Services.
• Provide SME-level assistance and advice to internal AWS employees, potential customers, and current clients.
• Evaluate and document LAN and WAN data to ensure networks are performing at peak capacity and suggest solutions to improve performance and mitigate disaster.
• Actively collaborate with data center operations technicians, security personnel, and network engineers to implement and activate the latest company-wide AWS Security project.
• Ensure the highest standards of physical and information security at all AWS data center and corporate facilities.
- Network Support Specialist at Amazon Web Services
- Network Field Technician at Akamai Technologies, Inc
- Master Instructor at US Tigers Taekwondo
- Senior Operations Manager at Tiger Martial Arts Academy
5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Science
- A.S. - Business Administration
- B.S. - Business Management
• Implemented company policies, technical procedures and standards for preserving the integrity and security of data, reports and access.
• Ensured network, system and data availability and integrity through preventative maintenance and upgrades.
• Ensured that customers received outstanding service to not only maintain but to extend relationships for future business opportunities.
• Documented business processes and analyzed procedures to ensure alignment with changing business needs.
• Provided detailed technical documentation, including network diagrams, process flow charts and procedural guidelines.
• Conducted security assessments and made recommendations for disaster recovery, remote access, network appliances, servers and directory services security.
• Planned, implemented and maintained wireless network strategy and operation.
• Analyzed and produced recommendations on continuous network improvements.
• Administered and prepared programs for IP addresses, developed network resources and trained support personnel to provide Tier I support to end users.
• Provided network support and performed troubleshooting to resolve various WAN/LAN connectivity issues.
• Collaborated on network development, implementation, and maintenance of routers, switches, firewalls and NAC and WAN optimization.
- Network Support Specialist at EMJ Technical Support
- Systems Engineer at State of Michigan Operations Center
- Help Desk Analyst at Stryker Corporation
- Help Desk Support at Connect
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
- Associate of Science - Computer Information Technology
Independently provided onsite IT support to an entire campus, this support included mobile devices, towers, laptops, thin clients, servers, network hardware, and various software. Created entire knowledge base independently while also monitoring and assisting other clients remotely using Atera. Worked on call to provide continuous assistance.
- Advanced Network Support Specialist at Current Job
- Application Systems Analyst at
- Desktop Support Analyst at Tier 1 support for Sprint Retail stores
11 months at this Job
Create and manage user and service accounts in Active Directory and Mainframe based on a unique user identity; Monitor Veeam backups and provide reports of results to Supervisor; Maintain security documentation as required in AARF (Automated Access Request Form); Monitor Service Desk queue and resolve support tickets as assigned using Cherwell Service Desk application; Deactivate user objects and attributes when requested; Modify folder permissions on shared network drives; Assist in troubleshooting network connectivity issues
- Network Support Specialist I at Florida Department of Transportation
- Sales Associate at Wal-Mart
- Production Technician at Trane
- Team Leader at Trane
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Associate in Science degree - Network Systems Technology - Network Security
• Install computer hardware and software. Set up equipment for employee; preconfigured phone unit, cables, operating systems and required software
• Provide technical support and answer user inquiries about computer application and hardware
• Install new hardware (servers, printers, and networking equipment)
• Administer Microsoft Windows 2003, 2010 and 2016 (Active Directory), exchange server
• Provide remote assistant to users over the phone and via remote desktop session to identify and resolve computer and network related issue
• Monitor security event with Malwarebyte management console, analyze the results and escalate, when necessary, to the right group for remediation
• Executed trouble tickets and performed desktop support to on-site users
• Performed daily backup of all critical company data
- Computer Network Support Specialist at Joseph Smith & Sons
- Certified Network Technician at CCNA
- Network Engineer at NCR
- Computer Technician at IBM
2 years, 4 months at this Job
• Responded to user support requests through Track-IT and maintain PC/Laptops, maintain software and hardware, supplies and software inventories
• Aided in setting up new employees' hardware, software, access permissions, installations and upgrades
• Supported Windows Server, Windows 7/10, TCP/IP networking, minor LAN hardware architecture (link speeds, NIC configuration), PC hardware installations (i.e. hard drives, video cards, RAM etc.), local and network printer installation and configuration, troubleshoot and diagnose issues with workstations
• Made the use of Remote Desktop i.e. Team Viewer, UltraVNC and LogMeIn to solve hardware and software issues and can provide support for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX
• Managed to work independently, as well as with a team of technicians
- PC/Network Support Specialist at Allcom Solutions
- Computer Hardware Engineer at Orange PC Enterprises
- IT Help Desk and Software Engineer(Part time) at CIIT University
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Software Engineering
- 6-months IT Training - Professional Practices in IT, Microsoft Office Suite for Business
Tier II Support April 2015 - Present
• Provide technical support and guidance to Field Engineers (FE) to troubleshoot various networking issues
• Ensure proper IP address allocation and configuration
• Configure network equipment for remote management
• Perform LAN/WAN configuration and testing
• Collaborate with vendor helpdesk for service verification and configuration
• Cutover existing CPE to new network services. * Primary responsibilities include remote equipment configuration and troubleshooting network issues. Configuring the below routers and Switches: Cradle Point ARC ABR 1400 Fortinet Firewall 2901 Cisco Router Adtran router Cisco Wireless Controller Cisco wireless Controller 2960 Cisco Switch
- Network Support Specialist at OnePath
- Genius Admin at Apple
- Research Analyst at TheList
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Web Design and Development
• Provide companywide IT support for a bank with $450 Million in assets
• Manages and completes Virginia and Federal audit of IT infrastructure
• Working relationships with vendors conducting vendor management.
• Trend Micro console administrator verifying the antivirus is working properly
• Serves as administrator of warranty and recycling of all IT equipment
• Manages and troubleshoots the local area and wide area network for all branches/departments.
• The ability to balance competing priorities while maintaining effectiveness in a dynamic, often chaotic environment. Customer service to end users
• Documents network support activities using Spiceworks ticketing system.
• Two years’ experience setting up and working in a virtual environment.
• Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
• Conduct presentations and seminars on network security and the IT security policy.
• Manage local and offsite data backups using Quest Rapid Recovery
• Creating new users and security groups in Active Directory
• Completing purchase orders for equipment
• Conduct disaster recovery test for file restoration and network redundancy.
• Install and relocate computers, switches, routers, UPS devices, servers, and network monitoring tools
• Troubleshoot projectors, printers, VOIP phones, operating systems, and office suite software
- Network Support Specialist at Farmers Bank
- Correctional Officer at Deerfield Correctional Center
- data collection specialist at RTI International
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- BROADBAND NETWORK SUPPORT SPECIALIST at TCATNOC
1 month at this Job
• 24x7 global support and effectively communicates with end user (10,000+ stores)
• Provided tier 3 support for problem records and chronic incidences
• Learned and used over 10+ application for troubleshooting such as, Google Admin, Airwave, ClearPass, and remote access to Juniper router and switches
• Hands-on experience with Cisco Meraki and Aruba networking equipment
• 30+ phone calls a day speaking with service providers, technicians & property managers
• Organized and coordinated dispatches of technicians, network equipment parts, and vendor meet ups
• Troubleshooted issues with Wi-Fi, iPod, iPad, Chromebook, router, switches, network tunnels, and phone lines
• Familiar with agile/scrum methodology and user centric design
• Participates in solution testing by preparing test scripts, test execution, and validating results
• Delivers training and performs knowledge transfer to team members as required
- Network Support Specialist at Starbucks HQ
- IT Intern at Seattle Seahawks NFL
- Technology Specialist at Tech Hub
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Network Administration and Security
- Associate - Microsoft Technologies
- Associate - Cisco Technologies
- Associate - NetworkingTechnologies