As a level 1 network support technician, I monitored the networks of different companies in the United States and other countries. Whenever a network site or networking device went down, I would first receive an alert in Vology’s proprietary monitoring system, then I would investigate the reason of the alert before taking the necessary troubleshooting steps to find the source of the issue. I also worked with a ticketing system in which I used to write notes describing the process taken to solve a problem and to keep the customer updated with them. I also had to create new tickets when a client requested to have one open. This new created ticket would contain an accurate description of the problem in order to have an idea of how to work it correctly. During the process of solving some network issues, I had to engage with different internet service providers such as AT&T, Spectrum, CenturyLink, as well as technicians, and network engineers. Some of the devices I worked with were Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco Meraki cloud services as well as their products, Cisco Access Points, WLC, and many others.
- Network Support Technician at Vology
- Mapping Van Operator at Insight Global
- Stocker at Amazon Fulfillment Center (Seasonal)
- Front Desk Receptionist at Hillsborough Community College
5 months at this Job
- Technical - Computer System & Information Technology
- High school or equivalent - Liberal Arts
Promoted to Network Support Technician.
● Accepted and completed tickets using MyTechDesk.
● Updated and applied new images to Thin Clients using HP Device Manager.
● Deployed and managed Chromebooks for students using Google Admin Console.
● Administered Windows servers 2016 and 2012.
● Managed servers and clusters using VMware/vSphere.
● Created and applied group policies to AD groups.
● Managed print server installations/Troubleshot various printer issues at school sites.
● Created and applied PowerShell scripts for easier mass computer imaging.
● Configured and managed accounts using active directory.
● Coordinated with teams within the department to schedule and complete group tasks.
● Troubleshot computers remotely using KACE Management Appliance.
● Troubleshot various Office 365 issues at school sites.
● Part of the interview panel for the technology department.
● Part of the Technology Advisory Panel for the CVU school district.
● Experience in a K-12 work environment.
- Technology Technician & Network Support Technician at Chino Valley Unified School District
- Help Desk Technician & Network Administrator at Resource Computer Solutions
- Custodian at Purpose Church
- at Champion Landscaping
1 year, 11 months at this Job
Provided remote computer and network technical support for affiliate service providers’ customers. Advised affiliates’ customer base in resolving and troubleshoot issues related to customer’s services including network connectivity, device (Windows 7, 8.1, 10. Mac OSX, iOS, Android, modem, router, ONT, TV, Landline Phone) configuration (email, internet access, cabling).
- Network Support Technician at NeoNova Network Services
- Support Technician/System Administrator at Measurement Inc.
- Lab Technician / Optician at Eyemart Express
- Data Entry at Lifetouch
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Peace and Conflict Studies, Computer Science
- None - TechHire IT Training Program
Murray Hill, NJ August 2012 - Present
The global headquarters of Bell Labs Network Support Technician (Contractor)
Onsite support for Voice and Data requirements of Nokia personnel and offshore technical teams
• Managed the successful power down/up of hundreds of switches in 10 buildings insuring business continuity
• Routinely support architectural and real estate personnel with data/voice requirements for workspaces
• Instrumental in the management and installation/upgrade of hundreds of wireless access points on campus
• Rack/stack and interconnect routers and switches for Core, Distribution and Access layers
• Work with Project Managers and remote NOC personnel on complex and long-term hardware upgrades
• Program VoIP phones and access layer LAN ports for VLAN, speed and duplex assignments
• Troubleshoot and remediate LAN, Phone and Desktop software and hardware issues
• Use GUI and command line tools to troubleshoot network issues at OSI layers 1 thru 4
• Program Terminal Servers to facilitate switch/router access for technical Project Managers
• Assist Onsite Help Desk team with customer laptops, configuring/troubleshooting/diagnosing issues with Windows 7 and 10, re-images and keep frequent updates logged in ticketing system
• Self-Study of certified Cisco CCENT/CCNA course material and Packet Tracer software
- Network Support Technician (Contractor) at NOKIA - BELL LABS
- Unified Communications Support Engineer at AXISPOINT
- Telecommunications and Facilities Manager at GIBBONS, P.C
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts
● Support window Server and maintenance including Active Directory and Group Policy.
● Quickly resolve all IP network issues to reduce waste and downtime while also ensuring client Service Level Agreements.
● Software installation/distribution and configuration management.
● Planned and implement disaster recovery solutions with Senior Network Administrator.
- Network Support Technician at The Arc of Montgomery
- Help Desk Technician at Food Marketing Institute
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Network
• Implemented and managed operation and maintenance of Cisco networking equipment such as routers, switches, wireless equipment and VoIP phones
• Managed network services such as Active Directory and Microsoft System Center
• Support of site infrastructure (rebooting, replacing, and coordinating vendor activity for various systems including PLC networks)
• Support of end users PC, peripherals, connections, and software problems
- NETWORK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN at SAZERAC COMPANY
- NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR at RIVERVALLEY CONSULTING SERVICES
- DATA AND SUPPORT TECHNICIAN at OWENSBORO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- INTERN at MPH INDUSTRIES
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Computer Information Technology - Computer Information Technology
- Associate in Applied Science - Network Administration
- Associate in Arts - History
Provided information technology support for a medical group; 6 clinical sites and 2 ambulatory surgical sites.
• Uses Active Directory to create user account, add computer, modify group membership, etc.
• Responsible for completing assigned support service tickets and related requests
• Handle daily technical support activities via TeamViewer to perform remote desktop support, data network and server management
• Proficient in command-line utilization to create and enforce group policies to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility
• Set up desktop computers and peripherals and test network connections, including desktop software applications and internet browsers
• Test network devices to ensure proper functioning of all information systems
• Train end users on computer hardware and software
• Responsible for hardware & software configurations supporting essential applications/programs
• Performs Help Desk related functions & technical troubleshooting across multi-geo-separated locations
• Handles logistical support & purchasing of IT-related systems and liaise with purchasing department
• Maintains computer peripheral devices (e.g., printers, webcams, scanners) and resolves associated problems
• Properly escalates unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers/vendors)
• Refers to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Ensures all security-related and maintenance issues are properly logged
• Assist with VPN set-up through FortiClient
- Network Support Technician Internship at Nevada Pain Comprehensive Center
- Full-Time College Student at Western Governors University & Nevada State College
- Cosmetology Student at Aveda Institute of Las Vegas
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science Network Operations & Security - Information technology
- Bachelor of Science
- - Nevada State Board of Cosmetology
• Manages user accounts and system resources using Active Directory
• Troubleshoots a wide range of computer problems to include hardware, software, and security.
• Analyzes customer problems and researches Maximo / iMaint software for possible solutions
• Installs, and configures network operating systems and hardware.
• Common office machinery, including copiers, fax machines, and computers.
• Demonstrating knowledge of various types of computer hardware, software, and operating systems to include: Honeywell Vindicator IDS/ACS Servers and WISE workstations, and CCTV System servers (MS Server 2000, MS Server 2003, MS Server 2008, and MS SQL Server 2008).
• Applications software systems such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Network server management and software such as Windows server.
• Operating and maintaining all installed networking resources (routers, switches, firewalls, Network Management Systems, etc.)
• Installation and setup of routers and switches
• Responsible for troubleshooting of networking equipment across multiple sites
• Creation and delivery of training materials and support to staff on customer sites
• Full Command on Cisco IOS Commands, Router IOS Backup and Recovery
• Setting up Serial and Ethernet Interfaces
• Routing Protocol Configurations, CDP Configuration,
• Full Command in Inter-VLAN Routing
• Switching, Standard Access-list, Extended Access-list and Vlans Configurations.
• Everything of Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
• Working knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP)
• Sound knowledge of OSI 7 Layer Model, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP.
• Knowledge of LAN technologies, Switches, Cables, Bridges
• Good working knowledge of routing protocols such as RIP V1/V2, OSPF, IGRP and EIGRP
• Experience of IP addressing, administrating subnets and various routing models
• Sound knowledge of WAN technologies such as PPP, Frame-relay, dedicated T1s, ISDN and Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP and RIPv2
• Familiar with the setup and basic configuration of Cisco 2950, 2960 Switches
• Implementation of HSRP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, MRTG.
• Experience of configuring and monitoring CISCO 2500, 2600 and 1800
• Responsible for the regular back up and restoration of all critical assets
- Network Support Technician at EARECKSON AFB
- at US ARMY FORT BELVOIR, MD
- Student at New Horizons Computer Learning Center
- Customer service (correct and process rejected transaction) at EARECKSON AFB
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Security+ certification
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
• Providing timely and accurate hardware and software support for a nationwide extended stay hotel chain
• Thriving in a highly dynamic and ever changing IT department, and am currently assisting the technical advisory and training departments develop an SDL/ Coaching utilizing S.M.A.R.T.S. goal setting methodology.
• Demonstrating a natural affinity for troubleshooting and resolving client issues quickly, and delivering outstanding customer service while doing so.
• Assisting with continued improvements and implementation of training tools and knowledge-base development
• Working with a variety of vendors and line of business applications for business operations and guest support services
• Diagnosed clients business systems and guest Laptop/PC troubles and resolved network access.
- Network Support Technician at
- Manager at Ohio Aqua Farms
- Consultant at
- Medical Billing/Customer Service Rep at UCB
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Provided efficient customer service and support to clients, communicating by telephone and email to troubleshoot connectivity issues arising from changes in network requirements, local network connection problems, ISP connectivity problems, or software/hardware problems.
• Actively listened and collected data from end users to troubleshoot, diagnose, and efficiently resolve remote access connection problems and site to site VPN device connection problems.
• Configured and tested networking equipment prior to shipment for clients ensuring all their needs were met.
• Maintained, organized, and created Access tables, queries, and reports to track networking equipment amounting to 1,000+ items across various clients.
- Network Support Technician at Blue Ridge Networks
- Aviation Hydraulics Mechanic at United States Marine Corps
5 years at this Job
- - Computer Science