I work as a Computer Network/Systems Administrator. My job has always been to keep computer systems running.
- Computer Network/Systems Administrator at U.S Air Force
at this Job
- Masters Degree - Public Administration
- Bachelor's Degree - Political Science
Network Systems Administrator October 2016 - Present
Network Systems Specialist June 2013 – September 2016
• Work as part of the Network Team in the IT Department supporting over 1000 staff members and 7000 students across 18 locations.
• Support district staff in resolving issues onsite, via remote access, email and telephone. Track issues from initial report to resolution with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.
• Primary backup for Network Infrastructure Manager. Escalation point for Network Systems Specialist as well as IT Support Specialists.
• Manage multi-vendor L2 & L3 network devices from Cisco, HP/Aruba, D-Link, Netgear and Palo Alto.
• Troubleshoot L1 & L2 issues regarding VLANs, basic STP, fiber connectivity and Ethernet cabling runs & termination.
• Troubleshoot L3 and policy issues in Palo Alto firewall including object, URL & application groups as well as security & basic content filtering.
• Deploy and manage Aruba access points with a central controller and Aruba Airwave.
• Setup internal alerting system using Nagios and Check_MK.
• Monitoring alerts using both a dashboard as well as email notifications, performing initial triage remotely, visiting affected locations as necessary.
• Create and update both internal documentation as well as end user how-tos and guides.
• Manage advanced content filtering with ContentKeeper appliances for both internal and remote devices & users. URL, keyword matching, SSL decryption, and reporting, using PAC files and AD integrated users & groups.
• Coordinate IT related projects, including design, scheduling, planning & communication to internal resources and stakeholders. Recent projects include implementations of school-wide Access Control and IP Clock & Paging systems with coordination between internal departments and with external vendors. Rollout of standardized District-wide staff ID cards with Access Control integration.
• Manage users and devices in an integrated Cisco UCM, Unity, Emergency Responder and InformaCast IP Clock setup.
• Deploy and manage Windows and Linux VMs on ESXi.
• Lead administrator for our JAMF Pro MDM environment and Apple School Manager.
• Worked with Apple Project Managers and Engineers to implement the Apple ConnectED Grant device deployment of over 500 iOS and 40 macOS devices.
• Support AD in a Windows Server 2003 – 2012 environment. Support Access Control throughout the district using the Avigilon system for control of our door hardware, schedules, card readers, PIN pads and user token management.
• Manage users in Exchange 2003 and Office 365.
• Perform data backup and restores with Commvault and HP Data Protector, utilizing hard drive arrays and tapes with both local and offsite storage.
• Developed and deployed custom inventory management system with the Customer Service Manager using the LAMP stack on Ubuntu Server LTS.
- Network Systems Administrator at Franklin Pierce Schools
- Support Center Specialist at Responza LLC
- Asst. Network Administrator, Network Technician, IT Intern at Northwest Physicians Network
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Keeper of the Networks. Responsible for all network equipment, servers, workstations, laptops, Macs, iPhones/Android phones, iPads, tablets, printers, switches, routers and VOIP phone system.
• Responsible for all data and telecommunication circuits.
• Point of contact with all vendors.
• Maintain all databases
• Salesforce Administrator - site licensed for 40 salesforce users. Maintained databases, created users/ profiles/roles, uploaded monthly figures, integrated with Office and AS400, among other tasks
• AS400 (iSeries) day to day maintenance
• On call 24/7 for all network needs
• Implementation of Apple integration (including building custom applications) and deployment to existing network
• Corporate trainer on telephony and IT software for all users
• Forward thinking in developing strategy of bringing century old company into the 21st century technology-wise
- Network Systems Administrator at Elbeco, Inc
- Network & Operations Manager PA Leadership Charter School at
- Systems/Field Engineer | Data Engineer Help Desk Tier II Eastern Telephone & Telecomm at 2015 Systems
- I.T. Manager at Palmetto Pediatric
4 years, 2 months at this Job
• Manage Hyper-V, MS-Cluster, Active Directory MS-Windows 12/08R2, Creation of user account, OU, print server, file server implementation.
• Manage configure Brocade switches and Ruckus Wi-Fi Network.
• Responsible for all Network configuration including manage of PaloAtlo Firewalls
• Responsible for migrating from L3 communication multi point fiber to Cogent Fiber.
• Research and implemented new Fiber Network to support our 10G Internet and Point-to-Point connections to 6 other remote locations, expand network to remote events using Peplink devices.
• Implemented Configure, mange Drop-Box for Business, Migrated DATA from Local File Server to Drop-Box for Business.
• Manage internal and external DNS, DHCP, MS-Active Directory, Office.
• Designed and implemented backup solution utilizing Veeam backup including office 365.
• Implemented and mange SolarWinds network monitoring systems.
- Network Systems Administrator at Revolt Media and TV, LLC
- I.T Systems Integrator at LT Communications
- Network Server Administrator at GHP Management
- at Cisco ASA500
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science - Computer Technology
* Demonstrated ability to learn the Company business processes and Information Technology tools, products and environments. * Designed, implemented and maintained NAWDC systems. * Administered and monitored the day-to-day activities of the NAWDC systems to correct problems and tune performance in accordance with industry standards and best practices. * Performed systems analysis, upgrades, and capacity planning on NAWDC systems to assist with strategy and growth. * Provided daily operational support for NAWDC LAN/WAN networks, including firewalls * Planed, installed and supported hardware and software upgrades; resolved technical issues associated with network and routing protocols at all levels of the OSI model through the use of diagnostics and network administration tools. * Monitor security posture of the IP Network and report any suspected violations to designated authority. * Assisted the Network Operations Manager with the responsibility for assuring patches, upgrades and security issues are maintained to all current Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of Navy (DON) directives. * Performed fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include: determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis. * Interacted and coordinated with appropriate NAWDC Help Desk personnel and PORs to facilitate problem-solving and provided quality systems through systems design, troubleshooting, and operations.
- NETWORK/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR at SDS/NAWDC
- NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR at URS/AECOM
- NETWORK ASSOCIATE at SBS/Harris
- INFORMATION SPECIALIST II at Consolidated Network Co
1 year, 1 month at this Job
Network Load Balancing Engineer working on F5 Local and Global Traffic Management Systems. Creating Linux scripts to configure F5 devices to control the flow of internet traffic to the various Data Centers around the world as well as internal traffic within the Data Centers from outside the Data Centers to individual Application Servers.
• Linux and F5 Traffic Management Operating System (TMOS) scripting, troubleshooting and configuration.
• SSL certificate management, troubleshooting and deployment
• Working with the US and International Team members to maintain the Merrill Lynch Internet Traffic Flow
- Network Systems Administrator at Merrill Lynch
- IBM Technical Exploration Center Data Lab Manager and Administrator at Collabera @ IBM
- Technical Exploration Center Data Lab Manager and Administrator at Collabera @ IBM
- Innovation Center Infrastructure Support Specialist and Server Administrator at Collabera @ IBM
1 year at this Job
- - Electrical Engineering
- - Electronics
Administers the enforcement of corporate, regulatory, and risk management IT policies and assists in developing, implementing and maintaining corporate information security standards, technologies, processes and procedures.
• Coordinates, administers, monitors and maintains security infrastructure, intrusion prevention systems, content filtering systems, security information and event management systems, antivirus, and vulnerability assessment programs.
• Maintain security systems and administer security policies to control access to systems.
• Manage security systems including firewalls, virus protection systems, Web\Email filters, computer forensic systems, and network and host-based intrusion prevention systems.
• Manage patch installation for operating systems, software applications and hardware.
• Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures and resources.
• Work with vendors to arrange for upgrades, updates, patches and replacements on software and hardware.
• Collaborates with business units for application upgrades and projects.
• Provides tier 1 and 2 end user support for workstations, laptops, servers and other network enabled devices, as well as after-hours support.
- AVP - Network/Systems Administrator at Avid Bank
- Systems Administrator at Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Help Desk Analyst / Systems Administrator at Bridge Bank, N.A
- Support Specialist at All Covered
8 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Computer Applications
- BS in Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
I work on two engineering teams, Network and Systems and am the member that goes between the teams depending on the work load.
• Configure and maintain a broad range of Cisco switches, routers and security appliances.
• Setup multiple site-to-site VPN’s within Cisco and Fortigate edge devices.
• Manage multiple Cisco Voice Applications, from CCM, CUC, and CCX.
• Work with Group Policies and server performance issues.
• Monitor Virtual Machines in multiple VMware clusters.
• Troubleshoot and fix issues that are above the Helpdesk and SWAT teams.
• Configured Meraki and Cisco Wireless Control Managers and Access Points.
•Track time and tickets in ConnectWise.
• Plus many more tasks.
- Network/Systems Administrator at Nuvodia
- Director of Information Systems at Silverwood Theme Park
- Systems Administrator at Carena
- Information Technology Manager at Silverwood Theme Park
5 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Technology - Computer Information Technology
Duties: Monitored and tested computer systems, configured Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 Professional and Windows 10 Professional OS Platforms, including Software Updates Services, manually updated and installed service packs, drivers, AVG/Trend Micro Anti-virus Endpoint Protection software and applications to improve computer and server efficiency and performance. Performed network, Wi-Fi support, configuration, tested cable connectivity between client computers (Windows and MACs) and NICs, allocated IP address schemes and subnets, monitored patch panels and hubs, and connected cables and hardware devices (Sonicwall TZ400, NS 2650 /Edgemarc Firewalls, HP Gigabit Ethernet Switches 1920, 2920 and Cisco Gigabit 3560 and SG500 POE Switches). Additional Cisco phone support (SPA504G VoIP) with the use of third party phone provider web portal.
- Network Systems Administrator at Moviola Post Production
- Network Support Coordinator at Jonathan Club
11 months at this Job
Providing multi-level network and system engineering support across 16 Midwest Hospitals in 4 states.
➢ Enhancement of Cisco wireless coverage at our Bentonville Hospital by redesigning the coverage utilizing heat maps and surveying tools.
➢ Working with our vendors in surveying and planning new circuit upgrades to our metro E fiber circuits at multiple locations.
➢ Seeking out opportunities in our current infrastructure and identifying areas for improvement.
- Network Systems Administrator | Systems Engineering at Northwest Health Systems
- Assistant Director- Technology Services at University of Arkansas
- at University of Arkansas
- IT Manager Infrastructure at University of Arkansas
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Information Systems
- Associate of Applied Science - Electronics Technology