McKesson Corporation Sr. Network Systems Engineer 2019 - Present
Company Overview - McKesson Corporation is a Fortune 10 healthcare organization specializing in the global distribution of medical and pharmaceutical supplies. This includes a network infrastructure
encompassing multiple regional datacenters (local and cloud), over 10k locations.
● Senior design engineer responsible for design, engineering, and tier IV support for distribution centers, corporate offices, central business offices, data centers, and global WAN.
● Specific Technologies handled include but not limited to Cisco Viptela Vedge 1k/2k, Cisco ISR(2k/3k/4k)/ASR(1k), Nexus 9k/7k switches, Cisco catalyst 3k/4k/9k, Palo Alto 5220/3220 NextGen firewalls, Juniper SRX, Solarwinds Orion, Netscout TruView, Cisco Aironet WLC, Aruba WAP and HPE switches, Meraki MR WAPs and MS switches and MX firewalls.
- Sr. Network Systems Engineer at McKesson Corporation
- Network Consultant (Onsite/Remote) at LANWAN
- Sr. Network Design Engineer at Eagle Pitcher Technologies/YT
- Network Engineer (NA) at Inetvisions LLC
8 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
* Traveled nationally to deploy IT systems in new and existing branch offices. * Managed branch office moves and network redesigns. * Managed helpdesk for the US. * Managed the IT Onboarding process for the US. * Implemented inventory tracking and software deployment system. * Trained new helpdesk technician. * Configured and managed network appliances such as Meraki firewalls, Catalyst switches, and Meraki Wi-Fi access points. * Configured and managed Dell PowerEdge server, Virtual Servers hosted at datacenter and on-premises server. * Scheduled and installed server updates/security patches. * Designed, implemented, and managed Site-to-Site VPN connections between central office and branch sites. * Designed, implemented, and managed remote access VPN solution for teleworkers. * Designed and updated network infrastructure diagram using Microsoft Visio. * Managed Ring Central cloud hosted phone system. Created user accounts, designed and managed ring groups, designed and implemented phone configuration templates, pruned unused phones and users from corporate account, etc. * Configured and managed print servers. * Configured and implemented SharePoint Online site as a solution for file storage and sharing. * Managed licensing for applications and services. * Designed and implemented VLANs and QOS settings to ensure the reliability and quality of network services such as audio/video conferencing and phone calls. * Configured, deployed, and managed group policies for the domain. * Installed and maintained Bitdefender antivirus/software firewall/security policies. * Configured and maintained firewall access-lists. Locked down open network ports. * Monitored network security for suspicious activity using Cisco Meraki Security Center. * Implemented network level security policies via Cisco Meraki Content Filtering, Intrusion Prevention System/Intrusion Detection System threat prevention, and Active Directory integration for VPN authentication. * Implemented Content Filtering restrictions to prevent access to inappropriate, dangerous, or insecure online content. * Unboxed and configured laptops for new hires. * Configured accounts in systems (Active Directory, Office 365, Ring Central, Zoom, etc.) * Configured laptop settings, updated drivers and BIOS, installed applications, activated licenses, confirmed and configured email/calendar/contact permissions. * Called new hires and walked them through the process of logging onto their computer, gaining access to the various IT systems. Assisted with importing contacts into Outlook. * Provided instructions and assisted with setting up Outlook email on mobile phone, and Ring Central app. * Helped walk new hires through the process of installing IT equipment in their home office such as docks, monitors, printers, etc. * Fielded requests via helpdesk portal, direct email and phone. * Updated ticket notes, scheduled calls and follow ups, managed IT calendar. * Assisted with password resets. * Verified/granted permissions access to systems based on request such as folder/file access or mailbox, calendar, contact permissions. * Troubleshot software/hardware issues. * Managed Mimecast spam system for the US, configured digest policies, released held emails, created delivery policies. * Generated security audit reports. Documented account access.
- Sr. Network Systems Engineer at Odgers Berndtson
- Network Systems Engineer at Netstream Inc
- Systems Analyst at Dynamic Business Systems Inc
- IT Support Technician at Lexmar Electric Inc
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Electronics and Computer Technology - Electronics and Computer Technology
• Install, configure and monitor network equipment such as Firewalls (Dell SonicWall), Routers (Cisco, Dell and HP), Switches (Cisco, Dell, HP and Meraki) and other Security Appliances (Meraki and Untangle) to ensure smooth and reliable operation of network
• Install, configure and manage Microsoft Windows and Server Tools including but not limited to AD, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft SQL Database, Mail (Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and HMail Server), Terminal Server, WSUS, Printing and Document Management Solutions, web servers (Apache and Microsoft IIS).
• Setup VPN gateways (Site-to-Site, Client, etc), IPS/IDS (CyberArms), Content Filtering (Untangle Device) and other Security procedures for networks
• Install, configure and monitor VMware vSphere Client system for virtual Servers, Citrix Infrastructure, Dell EqualLogic Devices, Netgear NAS Devices
• Maximize network performance by monitoring performance and troubleshooting problem areas with tool such as Wireshark, PingPlotter Pro, Advanced IP Scanner, etc
• Administer and troubleshoot VoIP Phone Systems and Mitel PBX phone systems including proprietary interfaces
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards for procurement and acquisition purposes
- Network & Systems Engineer at THE MANHATTAN CLUB & CONTINUUM LLC COMPANIES
- Network Specialist at RICOH USA & MINDSHIFT
- IT Intern at NYC Department of Probation
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- BA - Information Studies
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems, including Network and Server Infrastructure.
• Deployed infrastructure resources on cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure.
• Defined a set of Network policies and Security procedures to maintain Network compliance.
• Upgraded Network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Performed cost-benefit analysis on potential system upgrades to support purchase decisions.
• Periodically assists with customer services workload overflow providing occasional support to Tier-1/2 Technicians during periods of high volume.
• Researched and recommened innovative, and where possible automated approaches for System Administration tasks.
• Configured and maintained firewalls, servers, phone systems, printers, and other network devices.
• Deployed site migrations and new infrastructure projects.
- Network & Systems Engineer at TEKZENIT INC
- Network & Systems Specialist at TEKZENIT INC
- Network & Systems Technician at TEKZENIT INC
- Lab Assistant at LAMAR UNIVERSITY
7 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer - Computer
As a Network Engineers I will work in-house, or I am assigned to project management teams working with outside clients. As a Network Engineer I work closely with Business Analysts, Network Architects and IT Managers. Advanced Technical Proficiency:
• Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
• Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
• Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
• Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
• Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
• Arranging scheduled upgrades
• Investigating faults in the network
• Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
• Reporting network status to key stakeholders
• Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, and Terminal Services
• Exchange Server 2003 – 2016
• Windows Server 2003 – 2016
• WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
• SonicWALL: CSSA/CSSP
• Labtech Certified Professional
• MCSA Server 2016
• MCSE Server Infrastructure
• OSX troubleshooting
• VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, SonicWall, OpenVPN, IPSec).
As a Network Engineers I will work in-house, or I am assigned to project management teams working with outside clients. As a Network Engineer I work closely with Business Analysts, Network Architects and IT Managers.
Advanced Technical Proficiency:
- Senior Network / Systems Engineer at Decian, Inc.
- Lead Network Engineer Information Systems Development at TeamLogic IT Vernon CT
- Network Engineer at FUJIFILM
- Network Engineer at Connecticut Business Technology Group
1 year, 1 month at this Job
• provided command, control, administrative, and logistical support to engineer, install, operate, maintain, and defend (EIOMD) nodal and extension communications networks in support of Army and Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and Multinational (JIIM) operations anywhere in the world.
• supervised tactical communication networking systems and four Soldiers.
• planed, managed, and troubleshot tactical networks.
- Network Systems Engineer at 50th Signal Battalion, US Army
- Cyber Security Compliance Officer, 30th Signal Battalion at 50th Signal Battalion, US Army
- Executive Officer, A Company, 307th Expeditionary Signal Battalion at 50th Signal Battalion, US Army
- Platoon Leader, 1st Platoon at 50th Signal Battalion, US Army
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Digital Signal and Image Processing
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management - Information Security, Assurance, and Digital Forensics
Provide 24x7, on-site support of the DSP Inc 1, Bus and Payload, constellation for the Air Force. The mission is to support global coverage for early missile warning, missile detection, technical intelligence and battlespace awareness to the warfighter. Responsibilities:
• Technical Lead Staff Engineer in charge of maneuver planning, power and propulsion management
• Memogram development
• Command plan development
• Update and create Concept of Operations (CONOPS), training plans and procedures for site personnel
• Daily interface with military customer at the highest level
• Support customer and outside agencies in anomaly resolution
• Support crew functions 24x7, 365 days a year and will deploy with the customer
• 24x7 constellation state of health evaluation of DSP GEO Infrared (IR) Spacecraft
• Alarms and Warnings evaluation and limit management
• Command monitoring and satellite response verification
• Plan, review and validate satellite command plans (Spin Controls, Delta-V's, Battery Reconditioning, Eclipse Commanding, etc.)
• Satellite hardware and system performance analysis
• Performed launch and early on-orbit (LEOT) support for new SBIRS
• Validate Daily Activity Schedule (DAS) with customer for upcoming vehicle commanding
• Maintain ephemeris in STK to maintain accurate vehicle locations for line of site (LOS) to ground stations as well as real time training for crew
• Maintain Lockheed Martin A2100/M spacecraft bus within tight manufacturer's tolerances to maximize life of vehicle.
• Part of a highly trained staff that has helped maintain a constellation of vehicles operational well past their design life saving the customer millions of dollars on new assets.
• Flight Operations Support (FOS) command product validation for GEO SV
• Quality Assurance (QA) representative for GEO SV test and checkout of all GEO command products
• Integrate, test, and systems engineering support to contractor and Air Force personnel during Development Test and Evaluation / Operational Test and LEOT (DT and E/OT)
• Lead in the development and technical support for Concept of Operations (CONOPS) space and ground systems configurations for future operational capabilities of the SBIRS program
• GSO and SSO for SBIRS Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C) and ground system
• SCCH for SBIRS - HEO and GEO SV
• System test of ground software with interfaces to simulators, qualification units and flight units. Write problem reports (PR) to ground software developers to correct and enhance system.
• Exercise satellite EOT and DITL activities
• Lead Operational Development and Readiness (OD&R) representative for System Qualification and Integration Checkout (SQI&C) team during software install, swing and checkout
• Satellite Simulator Lead Engineer for OD&R
• Rehearsal shift lead for HEO/GEO launch rehearsals
• Wrote simulator recovery procedures that are used across SBIRS teams during test and checkouts SKILLS IN TOOLS, TECHNOLOGIES AND STANDARDS: Advanced Skills [7 or more years of experience]: Satellite Command Language (SCL), Windows 7 to current software, HEO Satellite Simulator (HSIM), GEO Satellite Simulator (GSIM), Integrated Satellite Simulator (ISIM), MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Satellite Payload Telemetry, Tracking, Command and Control. Intermediate Skills [2-7 years of experience]: Satellite Tool Kit (STK) 7.0, UNIX, IRIX Novice Skills [Less than 2 years of experience]: Technologies Used:
- Network/Systems Engineer at SALIENT FEDERAL SOLUTIONS, INC., CRGT INC., Buckley Air Force Base
- at Satellite Command Language (SCL)
- Security Manager at UNITED STATES ARMY SPACE COMMAND
- at Modulation Access Techniques
18 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts in General Studies - General Studies
- Bachelors in Business - Business
Roles & Responsibilities:
➢ Responsible in Massive Project Migrating Current Brocade Infrastructure to F5 Infrastructure.
➢ Worked to optimize current data center leveraging best practices for aging technology until the upgrade plan is executed.
➢ Work across multiple customers including internal and external constituents ultimately supporting the whole Infrastructure.
➢ Creating Ansible Playbooks for each and every instance in the migration plan
➢ Developed Ansible scripts for Setup and Configuration of F5 virtual instances.
➢ Advised management on current state and future state recommendations.
➢ Providing all varieties of services over Layer-2, Layer-3 and SME on F5 and Brocade Load Balancer's.
➢ Analyze and provide the best practices using Stats on the ports or of the network using various Networking Monitoring tools.
➢ Providing end-to-end infra support for development, staging and production environments.
➢ Configuring GSLB policies for virtual servers on existing brocade Load balancers.
➢ Manage VCMP's on physical F5 device and setting up them separately for Dev and QA instances.
➢ Running Ansible playbooks on remote Linux server and testing them by migrating the virtual servers to F5.
➢ Maintain and support Network Architecture Post-Migration.
➢ Configured F5 LTM solutions on various virtual Instances, which includes Wide IP, Pool Load Balancing Methods, probers and monitors.
➢ Setup and configured LTM instance from the scratch.
➢ Installed and configured high availability Big IP F5 LTM and GTM load balancers 11800 to provide uninterrupted service to customer applications and monitoring the availability.
➢ Created multiple instances for helping the Migration plan to be Implemented successfully.
➢ Implemented security policies utilizing F5 ASM to Secure AT&T's web applications.
➢ Participate in application delivery environment, build activities including creation of virtual servers, SSL profiles, pools, encryption policies and iRules based on customer requirements. Environment: Brocade Server Iron ADX, Big IP F5 LTM, Ansible, Server Management
- Sr. Network, Systems Engineer at AT&T
- Sr. Network Security Engineer at Schlumberger
- Sr. Network Security Engineer at CITADEL
- Security Engineer at Rukus Wireless
8 months at this Job
Network Services Administrator: I was responsible for providing support to an enterprise networking environment, which encompassed over 100 branches and hundreds of ATMs throughout a seven-state area. Change control processes, enterprise projects, daily support tickets, ongoing monitoring of the network, troubleshooting network issues and participating in a rotating 24x7x365 on-call support schedule, were all included in my respective duties.
• Work included providing networking support in a Cisco environment.
• Supported team members with enterprise projects in a predominately project driven environment.
• Worked with other team members to deploy new network infrastructure.
• Worked with NOC and carriers to resolve outages and perform root cause analysis of outages.
• Administered public and recursive DNS appliances as necessary to implement changes.
• Worked with carriers to provision and disconnect, respectively, non-datacenter circuits.
• Created Visio diagrams related to active projects.
• Configured network switches and routers for deployment at branches and ATMs.
• Continually refreshed old network hardware as necessary for standards and compliance purposes.
• Gathered information, documented requirements, coordinated milestones and worked with other teams to deploy network equipment related to enterprise projects, in accordance with agile methodology.
• Utilized packet capture tools to analyze network traffic and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Network & Systems Engineer at First National Bank of Omaha
- Network Administrator at Goodwill Industries, Inc
- at Kidwell, Inc
- Network Administrator at Midwest Neurosurgery & Midwest Surgical Hospital
1 year, 2 months at this Job
I supervise a small team that builds, manages and supports CPT mobile security operations systems used to perform CVA/H investigations. The contract includes configuration control, software and hardware upgrades and maintenance. Our goal is to build repeatable CMM compatible engineering processes that enable a more formal system development life-cycle and so guarantee mission readiness. Deploy Es xi 6.7, Red Hat enterprise server, Elastic stack derivative with BRO/Snort using Cisco switching managed with PfSense. Beginning to use ansible/docker/kubernetes to CM/manage application and operating system software configuration and deployments. (Sept 2017 - present)
- Network Systems Engineer at ACT
- Information Security Engineer, Hunt Lead at CACI International Inc
- Solution Architect at Systems Made Simple, A Leidos Company
- Senior Systems Engineer, at Textron Overwatch
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Geography - Resource and Environmental Studies