Serves as the lead engineer and manager in support of GCSS-Army’s datacenter efforts which include: system and network design, infrastructure support, and COOP and Disaster Recovery planning. Helps troubleshoot production system problems and collect network performance metrics. Provides the overall systems engineering and technical integration for planning, development, acquisition, and implementation for project. Serves as an expert advisor and engineer responsible for planning, directing, conducting, coordination, and advising on projects and programs of broad scope and unusual complexity involving systems engineering and technical integration in respective specialty area. Knowledge of multi-disciplinary professional engineering concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, techniques, materials, and equipment. Researches, evaluates state-of-the-art technology and develops recommendations for technology insertion programs. Reviews and writes technical white concept papers, develops technical guides, and establishes technical architectures and integrates advance state-of-the-art equipment to provide new and unprecedented system/network capabilities. Performs applied research, analysis, and engineering in support of technical projects. Provides expert technical guidance and excellence in all aspects of systems engineering support. Able to efficiently analyze systems engineering plans and configurations. Knowledge of principles, practices, and policies of professional engineering program management to include program planning and budget cycles, and financial control/budgeting systems. Sole system administrator responsible for the operation and system administration for all of GCSS-Army’s servers using Host Based Security Systems (HBSS). Implements HBSS migration/compliance strategy. Maintains server system patches, O/S, SQL, and HBSS STIG compliance. Provides support of development and testing infrastructure for the Army's GCSS-Army Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation using SAP (COTS) software. Imaged and maintains 450 client Army Gold Master laptops with IAVA and security patches. Experienced with providing user support for working with SAP front-end and deployment/testing and in troubleshooting various SAP software problems. Responsible for Windows system configuration and administration in support of a SAP/ERP implementation. Member of the Project Manager’s Technical Support Division, with primary support to the Development and Test environments for the Army's GCSS-Army Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation. Spent multiple summers deploying and fielding GCSS-Army to various Army and Army Reserve units. Experienced with installing and configuring WiMAX tower radios, handhelds, CAISI and VSAT communications. Experienced with contracting principles, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements for program management. Provides exceptional technical expertise, advice, and guidance for preparation of information systems plans and system design plans. Provides technical expertise to Program Executive Officers (PEOs), program and project managers, senior scientists, and hardware and software developers, technical staff and policy makers. Experienced, level III acquisition certified in Systems Engineering. Leads, manages, directs, or is responsible for activities for DoD funded acquisition efforts. Assists the contracting officer with budgets, and changes to the scope of work to be done by the contractor. Represents the program office at higher levels within the organization.
- Network Systems Engineer at US Army
- Systems Administrator at Dekatron Corporation
- Senior Network Engineer at Signal (DoD Contractor) US Senate, Sergeant at Arms
- LAN Manager/Lead Network Engineer @ Pentagon at Resource Consultants, Inc., (DoD Contractor)
10 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Information Technology Management - Information Technology Management
- B.S. - Systems Engineering
Primary engineer, design, on-site deploy, and remotely support Data Centers, WAN, LAN, MPLS, & VPN infrastructures for across 40+ sites nationwide and international with >5k users Top level responder to incident and tickets request from IT teams. Responsible for the overall security of the IT infrastructure including DMZ security, maintenance of the content filtering firewall and external routers. Ensure that the network infrastructure is in compliance for PCI and the Qualys, NGuard security sweep. Daily responsible for managing, monitoring Cisco Prime Infrastructure and a variety of SolarWinds products, Cisco ISE 2.3, LEM, FirePower, Cisco Defense Orchestrator, Net Brain, Barracuda web filter and backup appliances. Administer and support the Network Infrastructure, manage all Cisco ASR and ISR routers for MPLS connection. Configure BGP protocols for LAN and WAN communications. Manage all MPLS circuits provided by Level 3, Verizon and Sprint ISP. Manage and configure the multiple Cisco ASA 5525 Firewalls to maintain network security. Utilize AnyConnect remote access VPN using 2MFA and certificate base VPN for employees. Responsible for deploying and managing DUO two factor authentication, Meraki MX64, CradlePoint, and Cisco Wireless Controller 2500 series Responsible for the modification and implementation of the company technology and PCI DSS compliance Administrator and support Virtual System Environment (VMWare ESX 6.5) for all of the servers Planned and implemented disaster recovery/fault tolerance across multiple sites Key person to support for Development team in issues related network, systems and security Served as the solo Administrator to manage LANDESK for security, patches compliance and software distribution. Managed and administered network security for Windows Server 2016 environment - AD, DHCP, DNS, GPO.
- Senior Network Systems Engineer at Palace Entertainment Holding
- IT Manager at U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
1 year, 4 months at this Job
• Monitor network security systems
• Administer monthly Solarwinds patch management/SOPHOS Administrator
• Maintain internal network systems/Helpdesk support
• Researches security threats and vulnerabilities
- Network Systems Engineer at LockPath
- I.T. Service Desk Analyst for USDA-RMA at SAIC
- IDEOLITY Network Support Engineer at
- Computer Systems Contractor/Consultant at
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associates of Arts Degree
Maintained Domain forest with multiple Acquisitions and Separate Domains of Acquired Companies. Participated in company merge.
● Participated in multiple new site set ups. This required project planning, management skills, and architectural network/systems engineering.
● Maintained Data Integrity with a Primary and Secondary Datacenter. Developed and participated in both networking and systems plans to migrate our Secondary Datacenter to the cloud (Veristor with Zerto) and a plan to move the Primary Datacenter to another location. This was completed and now we have a Disaster Recovery site.
● Configurations with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 such as Domain Migration, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Active Directory, LDAP, RAIDUS, Exchange 2013, Office 365, Azure, File Sharing, Remote Desktop Services, GFI Fax, and SCCM/WSUS.
● Configurations with Fedora, CentOS6&7, Ubuntu 16.043 LTS such as Domain Integration, Disk Partitioning, NIC, Software Installations (i.e. apache, antivirus, opsview, etc), Updates.
● Cisco ASA firewall maintenance which includes firmware upgrades, backups, and failover testing. Configurations such as LAN/WAN, NAT's, Access Control List, VLAN, Site to Site VPN, RADIUS Authentication, Remote Access VPN, SSL, SSH, Static Routes, Route Maps, OSPF, BGP, and traffic shaping.
● Cisco Meraki MX, MR, and MS series maintenance which includes firmware upgrades, backups, and failover testing. Configurations such as LAN/WAN, Access Control List, VLAN, Static Routing, Site to Site VPN, Client VPN, Group Policy, Content Filter, LDAP, RADIUS, SSID creation, Wireless Channel Management, DHCP, and traffic Shaping.
● Palo Alto 220 series maintenance which includes firmware upgrades, backups, and failover testing. Configurations such as LAN/WAN, NAT's, Zones, VLAN, Site to Site VPN, RADIUS Authentication, SSH, Static Routes and traffic shaping.
● Cisco Catalyst switch maintenance which includes firmware upgrades and backups. Configurations such as VLAN, P2P, Static Routes, OSPF, SSH, MAC Filtering, Spanning-Tree, Port security, and RADIUS Authentication.
● Cisco WLAN Controller maintenance which includes firmware upgrades and backups. Configurations such as MAC Filtering, RADIUS Authentication, SSID creation, and Wireless Channel Management.
● Participated in multiple site surveys and implemented network and server infrastructure.
● Cisco Telephony Administration which includes new user phone set up, soft phone set up, call routing, Voicemail, PRI Management, Fax Management, and supported remote site phones.
● Managed SolarWinds and Opsview for Network Monitoring and Server Monitoring.
● Hyper Converged Networking with HP for remote Sites that required local equipment.
● Esxi 5.5 and Esxi 6.5 Vmware Vsphere management. Virtual Machine Creation, Firmware upgrades to Host Blade Servers, VMmotion, VMsnapshot Failover, Vitrual Storage Adapter Configuration, Datastore Management, VMtools, HP-ILO, iDRAC, and configured Isolated Virtual testing Environment.
● SAN Management with HP 3PAR 7450 and 9450 and configurations such as Remote Copy, CPG, Virtual Volume Creation, Virtual Copy, and Virtual Datastore Replacement.
- Network / Systems Engineer at Wellpath
- Network Administrator at Star Physical Therapy
- Network Administrator at Davidson Academy
- Systems Administrator at ITworks
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Computer Networking Technology
- - Business Management
- - Business Management
Maintain the network and systems of RCH. Update the system, replace the wireless network, replace Kaspersky. Make system changes and modifications, and support end users. Replace the backup system. Oversee the project to replace PRI lines for inbound phone calls over to SIP trunks for inbound phone calls.
- Sr. Network & Systems Engineer at Retirement Clearinghouse
- Global Infrastructure Manager at Britax Childcare Group
- Network and Systems Engineer at Britax Child Safety
- I.T. Administrator at Biesse America
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems
Provide technical leadership and expertise both internally and externally
● Evaluate current client environments, and recommend best practice solutions
● Design and implement system requirements, processes, and design based on organizational needs, security and compliance policy, and cutting-edge technology
● Provide top tier escalation support for Service Desk Technicians and provide internal teams with mentorship
● Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate issues, and create network performance improvements
● Aided large enterprise organization implementation and configuration of SEIM security monitoring
● Provide scalable network solutions to a rapidly growing client organization
● Design and Implement system, application, security, and network configurations
- Network Systems Engineer at Ntiva Inc
- Project Manager at Technology Management Inc
- Network Engineer at Technology Management Inc
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems
Subcontract position through SOC LLC (Oct 2016 - May 2017) and Cimarron (May 2017 - Present) providing
the following functions.
• Responsible for the Operations, Maintenance, Sustainment and Systems engineering of satellite communication systems for NASA.
• Provide satellite support and engineering expertise for HSF (Human Spaceflight) Visiting Vehicles.
• Apply Systems Engineering principles to create the Network Systems Requirements Documents.
• Create and manage the Requirements Database for the HSF Visiting Vehicle requirements.
• Perform detailed analyses and coordination to support positions at specific missions national and international working group meetings.
- Network Systems Engineer - Requirements Development at Harris
- Systems Engineer at Vencore
- Systems Engineer/EMOC at Columbus Technologies
- Systems Engineer at Honeywell
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- M.S. - Systems Engineering
- B.S. - Aerospace Engineering
• Design, implement, and administer infrastructure technologies and related services.
• Performance analysis and optimization, systems monitoring, problem resolution and upgrade planning.
• Replaced core network infrastructure and services, migrating to Cisco layer 3 switches and secure MPLS network between multiple locations while maintaining business continuity.
• Migration to Office 365 to establish common version of Office suite, move email to hosted Exchange, and implement productivity and collaboration tools including SharePoint, OneDrive, and Skype/Lync.
• Standardize processes, technologies, and adopt IT best practices and policies.
• Coordinate, collaborate and mentor tasks with technical resources.
• Mentor peers to administer implemented technologies effectively.
• Negotiate equipment lease agreements, infrastructure equipment purchases and circuit contracts thereby lowering total operating costs.
- Senior Network Systems Engineer at Johnson & Johnson
- Tier 3 Systems Engineer at Westshore Technology
- Senior Systems / Network Engineer at Intelitech
- Senior Network / Systems Engineer / SQL DBA at TWN Corp
3 years, 6 months at this Job
• Supervised team of 8 Network Infrastructure Technicians responsible for managing classified/unclassified networks.
• Responsible for maintaining, updating, designing, and providing customer support for a 200-node/device network that provides core network connectivity, VoIP, and wireless services for over 2,000 local base customers.
• Led Voice over IP (VoIP) rollout on Grand Forks AFB, replacing over 2,000 analog phones.
• Installed, configured, and maintains four local Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) servers to provide 802.1x authentication, MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB), and network monitor services.
• Installed and configured Cisco Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems for Global Hawk operations.
• Implement, configure, install, and maintain all network switches, routers, encryption devices, and physical infrastructure for Grand Forks AFB, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and Global Hawk reconnaissance agencies.
• Perform hands-on administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of Local Area Network (LAN), resulting in optimum performance and minimum downtime.
• Responsible for upgrading 192 end-of-life Cisco switches in less than forty-five days.
• Controlled Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) servers responsible for providing devices/users with IP addresses and DNS server information.
• Handled all High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) installations including KG-175D, KG- 175A, KG-175G, and KG-175F
- Network Systems Engineer/Administrator at United States Air Force
- High Frequency Global Communications Systems (HFGCS) Administrator at United States Air Force
- Telephone Control Officer at United States Air Force
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Networks Operations and Security
- Associate in Applied Science - Electronic Systems Technology
• Leading a team of 4, responsible for managing the scope of committed work for the team from internal and external stakeholders.
• Drive the execution and improvement of key service delivery processes throughout the organization and ensure that the correct metrics and KPI are in place
• Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet organizations future needs.
• Provide guidance to the offshore testing team on effective test cases and ensure test cases are reviewed and meet test criteria.
• Main technical point of contact and communicator on interactions with internal and external stakeholders such as the customers, account management, project management teams.
• Providing consolidated documentation framework for process and procedures along with details of network implementations to act as a reference point within and outside of the team.
• Responsible for producing quality designs that ensure solutions meet performance, scalability, flexibility and auditability requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring logical and physical data models meet business and technical requirements, including scalability, performance and extensibility.
• Defining proper procedures and process within the team for timely resolution of network issues and trouble tickets to help with service availability and customer satisfaction.
• Providing operational support and technical leadership for implementation of new tools like Network Automation and services like VoLTE.
• Identifying areas where we can use existing tools capability for better efficiency and enhanced visibility within various operational teams.
• Active participation and involvement in production roll out for new services and ensure proper ongoing support from operational teams and training team members.
• Providing engineering analysis and resolving Customer/Partner issues, determining and documenting problem root causes.
• Providing technical training, documentation, and technical assistance to Network Operations Center (NOC), provisioning and other departments of the company.
• Evaluation and implementation of new network architecture and designs.
- Team lead Network Systems Engineer at iBasis
- Network Systems Engineer at iBasis KPN
- Senior Network Operations Engineer at iBasis
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Technology - Electronics and Telecommunications
- Master of Science - Telecommunications Management