• Provide support services
• Configuration of servers and administration of users accounts.
• Windows Server 2008 R2.
• Linux (Debian7, Ubuntu14.04).
• VMware Esxi 5.5
• Configuration of services:
• DNS and Active Directory.
• Email with Microsoft Exchange.
• Proxy with Squid3.
• FTP with Debian7.
• Firewall with Mikrotik.
• Monitoring networking with Nagios3.
• Configuration of VLAN
• Manager disk space and backup to servers.
• Veeam Backup for backup of servers.
- Networking administrator at VMware Esxi
- Web Application Developer at
1 year at this Job
Installed internet services using category 5e patch cords and cable testers to ensure a reliable connection was
maintained for more than 150 users
● Documented and processed classified materials
● Communicated urgent orders and directions effectively to a team of 45 personnel
● Maintained 100% accountability of all assigned equipment worth more than $300,000
● Inspected equipment such as routers, switches, and fiber optic cables in order to identify broken equipment and inducted it into maintenance for repairs
- Networking Administrator at U.S. Marine Corp
- Tactical Switchboard Operator at U.S. Marine Corp
2 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Achieved great Counseling statements for job performance in detail I was to preform daily reports monitoring system changes, remedy tier I/II, and elevated tickets. Conducting 24 Hour operation AOR's tracking gold and mission critical users and nodes up or down within our networks which consisted of over 120 military bases and 100,000 users, Main responsibilities consisted of router and switch configurations assigning IP addresses, setting proper Vlan information and configuring port security, configuring smart switches and routing devices to main hub and or routers, working with networking engineers to troubleshoot problems over a WAN streamed across the U.S and partners, Japan, Germany, and middle east. Displayed solid technical skills and experience with a variety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations. Responsible for creating and monitoring reports and managing equipment logs, as well as ensuring the functionality of links. Identifying, analyzing and documenting long-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprise network. The NA prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions. The NA researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance. Key Accomplishment:
• Meeting heavy and time constrained training and job work within allotted time zones unsupervised.
• Grasping new concepts and movement within the company, standardizing the modern employee
• Flexibility to conform to any companies needs to complete the mission and provide 100% accuracy every time.
- Tier I/II LAN WAN NETWORKING Administrator at Jacobs
- 25N Nodal Networking systems operator maintainer at U.S. ARMY
- warehouse Selector at
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Aerospace Engineering
- Associates degree - Liberal Arts
• Joined Georgia State University in September 1998 as a desktop support specialist. Promoted to a Networking Administrator then promoted to a University Trainer now currently managing over 380 Mobile Phones. I manage, secure, support and track mobile devices throughout varies campus. Typical functionality includes over-the-air updates; asset management; support for applications; the ability to locate, lock, and wipe devices; policy control and password management; device diagnostics and reporting; and security and compliance enforcement.
• I have successfully trained more than 38,000 faculty, staff and students in varies locations on and off campus. Which mean I looked at thirty eight thousand pairs of eyes through the years to train them to from just being proficient to an expert level using software required by their department or organization.
• I have taken certifications including Microsoft Certified Instructor
• Responsible for being the liaison for IT and staff employees who do not understand technology.
• Managing system administration, networking and hardware management & maintenance in the organization
• I had resolved all major issue of client sides like login error, printing dilemma, and connectivity problem, which has me in front of over 500 employees monthly. Not all welcome technology and quite afraid and it is my role to calm them down and to enlighten or teach them why it is important to adapt and learn. Server management, controlling unauthorized access to the university critical resources.
- Trainer / Network Administrator / Desktop Support / Mobile Phone Management at Georgia State University
20 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Communication
Networking administrator and Field technician
• Maintain inventory of the equipment and placed orders in accordance to the company
• Installation and maintained all the necessary safety regulation at the job site
• Provide remote and on-site troubleshooting as well as technical service as needed.
- Contractor Tracking Solutions at
- Biomedical Technology Internship at Texas Children Hospital
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science - Biomedical Equipment Specialist
• Coordinate orientation, development, and training for all new hires
• Took lead on increasing employee morale through quarterly Proactive Friday's, monthly birthday and work anniversary celebrations, and increasing benefits
• Recruited valuable employees through means of job boards, job fairs, and networking
• Administrator of Wellness Program to promote a healthier workplace
• Correspond with Workers' Compensation adjusters to assist employees to ensure a seamless process
- Corporate Human Resources Associate at Hankook Tire America Corp
- Human Resources Generalist at Pennant
- Human Resources Coordinator at The Job Shoppe
- Recruiter at USR Healthcare
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Criminal Justice
My Duties for BASF - After the Acquisition of ZedX Inc by BASF: · Laying out 6months at a time of Epics and agendas for the systems department project management · Daily Help Desk issues serving all departments / 35 people and any external BASF user needing help · Documenting and defining each and every thing I designed or developed for fail-over admin use · Following a bastardized form of Agile Project Development / project management system from BASF · Attending meetings representing BASF/ZEDX onsite systems needs / progress on agile epics & tickets · Monitoring emails, Skype, and internal Ticketing system for users reporting issues or in need of systems · Recruited, hired and trained Jr. Systems Administrator as Development Operations Engineer daily · Managing and maintaining core infrastructure, logical and physical to meet 99% up-times · Engineering and deploying enterprise level core physical/logical systems, subsystems, services for users · Engineering publicly accessible web clusters for hosting web-sites & web-accessible for global clients · Engineered, deployed and maintaining private but publicly accessible file server & web dav server · Reverse Engineering Legacy Customer systems to engineer redeployment of their systems into AWS · Managing and maintaining physical and logical fail over systems and backups of all products daily · Studying and researching new systems and services to ensure our services are the best available · Monitoring Internal Ticketing system for daily needs from all other departments (Departments = 4) · Designing and deploying all clustering systems and big data services · Designing, deploying and maintaining all internal and external security monitoring systems · Designing, deploying and maintaining all internal and external health monitoring systems · Designing, deploying and maintaining all internal and external service and uptime monitoring systems · Ensuring "Bunker" / server room security, deployed and monitoring cameras and physical security · Designed,deployed and monitored a systems "Rental" station, developers check out devices for testing · Monitoring/Ensuring all Systems Hardware is online and patched · Designing and maintaining 250 servers for patch management · Maintaining and updating 35 Windows 10 Desktops for daily users · Engineered and maintained VPN tunnel for 35 onsite users · Engineered and maintained password policies and security needs for users/services/web-sites and more · Deployed Continuous Integration Systems for BASF/ZEDX Onsite · Deployed Continuous Deployment systems for BASF/ZEDX Onsite · Ensuring 30Min Response time from 8am to 8pm daily for all systems, users, client needs Summary of the roles I played for BASF/ZEDX: · What Roles I played for two years with BASF: · Systems administrator · Cloud Systems Engineer · Cloud Administrator · Hybrid Systems Security Engineer · Systems Security Analytics · Systems Security Engineer · Systems Development Engineer · Development Operations Engineering & Deployment · Windows Help Desk · Linux Help Desk · Linux Administrator · Windows Server Administrator · Windows Desktop Manager / Admin · VmWare Administrator · IBM Administrator · Cisco Networking Administrator · Network Engineer & Administrator · Website Administrator · Mysql Administrator · PostgreSQL Administrator What Impacts Did I Make While With BASF/ZEDX BASF Acquisiton Of ZedX Inc. BASF global systems guys showed up onsite audited my network, and met with me to defined inch by inch what I had and how i had done it (they were not used to seeing this much enterprise work done in 1 year done by one man while that man also dealt with all the daily issues in the department), they left two days later with many outstanding marks for how well our onsite and legacy systems had been run and maintained daily by my department, after they audited my department, I received many phone calls from other admins and engineers around BASF inviting me to meet them and a few tried to make me apart of their teams months later. Two weeks after the global BASF team audited my department and posted their reports, the ZedX Inc President announced the sale of ZedX Inc to BASF. I was told by numerous management and others that my enhancements and management of the ZedX Network had been a key to the sale and acquisition of ZedX into BASF. Multiple "Recognizing You" awards Given from Multiple Departments Around BASF: · Engineering & Deployment of Web Cluster: https://reliableactivation.com · Engineering & Deployment of Web Cluster https://engeniaspraytool.com · Hottest Day of the year - award for catching AC failure in server room and spending weekend fixing it · Engineered & Deployed Apache Mesos Big Data cluster for Product-Dev Development Environment · Engineered & Deployed Apache Mesos Big Data cluster for Product-Dev Beta Environment · Engineered & Deployed Apache Mesos Big Data cluster for Product-Dev Production Environment · Engineered & Deployed Elastic-Search Cluster for Ag-Modeling Department Development Environment · Designed & deployed internal network/domain wide Graylog2 logging & alerting system
- Systems Administrator & Development Operations Engineer & AWS Hybrid Engineer at BASF
- Sr. Systems Administrator & Network Engineer & Development Operations Engineer at ZedX-Inc, Information Technology Company
- Owner & Licensed Contractor at Jade Stone Masonry
- at Fran-Co & Associates
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Network Engineering & Managment
- - Masonry Technology
- Linux + Certification - Linux +
- Networking + - Networking
- Security + - Information Security
• Primary administrator for Colossus HPC Cluster
• PBS/Moab Job Scheduler
• Rocks Clusters
• Job Troubleshooting
• Customer Support
• Light Container and VM Management
- HPC Systems Administrator at Moffitt Cancer Center
- HPC Systems Administrator at University of Georgia GACRC
- System Administrator II at University of California Davis
- HPC Systems Administrator at Georgia Southern University
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science (in progress) - Biology
- College Prep - College Prep
• Provided leadership for up to 10 employees at one time accomplish tasks crucial to the operation.
• Made sure down devices were seen to in a timely manner
• Provided customer support when end users needed troubleshooting
• Supported the entire Pacific region with network related problems and needs
• Support various units on deployment with troubleshooting and maintaining communications
• Got DSTBs ready in order to meet the needs of various units prior to deployment
• Executed proper preventative maintenance on Cisco and Brocade devices.
• Supported the Commanding General of MCIPAC
• Monitored both unclassified and classified networks that the Marine Corps utilizes.
• Executed classes and mentoring to employees to improve the flow of operations
- Networking Administrator at United States Marine Corps
- DSTB Coordinator at United States Marine Corps
- at United States Marine Corps
- Coordinator at DSTB
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate Of Completion - Computer and Information Technologies Specialist
- High School diploma
Worked closely with networking administrator to troubleshoot software and hardware in all departments. Implemented strategic data entry plans for an
efficient work place. Phase out techniques and programming for a better technical
• Software, DocStar, Syspro 7, Act17 premium, Jabber, Sequel server, Crystal reports, Trend Micro, Windows 10, 8 and 7. Complete installs of Microsoft 13 and 16
• Troubleshoot and configured PC's, laptop's, cell phones, printers, Cisco phones, DVRs, camera's, worked on multi servers, routers and modems
• Project manager of the GDSN inventory tracking system over 1500 items
• Ran cables: phone, Cat 5, Siamese Rg-59 and fiber. Verified connectivity and tested devices. Forklift and Scissor lift certified.
- IT Deskstop support at Americo Manufacturing
- Tech Support Tier II: EMV Specialist at Paradies Lagardere
- Tech Support Tier I: Delivery Specialist at ONE PATH
- Desktop Support Specialist at Murtech Consulting CompuCom
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Visa