Radio anchor, show writer and newsgatherer for Cal Poly student run daily radio show. Involves interviewing and reading news and segues in the morning live.
- News Anchor at KCPR, San Luis Obispo
- Student Writer at Student Affairs
- Delivery Driver at
- News Intern at The Tribune
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism - Political Science
Anchor and produce 60 second international news segments for digital company with 3.7 million followers Cover and write stories about international and domestic politics, crime, human interest and entertainment Fact check, copy edit and assign stories relevant to audience
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS ANCHOR/WRITER at GLOBAL ONE NEWS
- SHOW HOST at GRAND OLE OPRY
- ABC NEWS FREELANCE FIELD PRODUCER at ADOBE
- at INSTAGRAM
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- MASTER'S - JOURNALISM
I am a radio news anchor at Mash Fm a community radio station in Lydenburg Mpumalanga. I have a passion for giving listeners an informative and enjoyable experience. I possess excellent public speaking skills with a knack of making all content very informative and interesting. I am enthusiastic about life and I get a buzz out of entertaining people. I am also the founder of GirlsInTheHood organization, an organization aimed at women empowerment and helping out young disadvantaged girls in the community of Mashishing.
- Radio News Anchor at Mash Fm
8 months at this Job
Bridging the gap between the Chinese and American Communities by delivering news, in both Chinese and English on various events occurring in Houston. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BTCc1R58zo
- News Anchor at Chinese International News Yang Yan Yang Yu
- World Geography Teacher at YES Prep Public Charter School
- Language and Cultural Arts Director at Barbara Jordan International Preschool and Global Learning Village
- Assistant Editor and Contributing Writer for the Mayor's International Newsletter at Chinese International News Yang Yan Yang Yu
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's of Education - Curriculum & Instruction and Early Childhood Education
- J.D. - Health Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Chinese Studies and Spanish
News Anchor / B2B Account Executive
• Gather local news to report on stories
• Conducted weekly meetings to identify areas for improvement and recognize individual and team success
• Cold calls and contacts with local business for new advertising sales
• Managed and presented advertising proposal
- Nightly News Anchor at The Hmong Channel
- Program Manager/Public Relations at United Way of Merced
- Buyer/Outside Field Sales at COPART AUTO WHOLESALES
- Founder/CEO at SISTERHOOD OF FRESNO, INC. Non Profit Agency
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing
- - Law Study
Serve as television news anchor, who leverages personal contacts and sources, to produce insightful, thoughtful, well written, and dynamic newscasts for 1.5 million TV households across the Charlotte region.
Deliver live in studio coverage daily, along with producing and writing entire newscasts. Also, promote news content on social media
• Responsible for writing, producing, copy editing and contributing editorial guidance for an early morning newscast with a staff of 15 people. Also responsible for researching and analyzing information about newsworthy events.
• Maintain a contact database of political leaders, local activists, non and for profit organizations and members of the national and local media.
• Personally prepare formal statements in the form of news reports from information gathered at press conferences and other news events.
• Arrange interviews with news makers from the political, entertainment, sports and business world.
• Provide local and national news coverage and in person live interviews on news projects and controversial political, social, and public issues.
• Assist news managers in the development of plans, goals, and objectives for new initiatives and programs.
• Make daily editorial judgments and personally develop and write, correspondence, articles and talking points, both online and on air.
• Utilize social media daily to communicate and monitor media reports and convey information to the public.
- MORNING NEWS ANCHOR at WCCB
- MORNING NEWS ANCHOR at WPTY
- ANCHOR/REPORTER at WFIE
- REPORTER at WTVR
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Broadcast Journalism
Exceptional journalist in presentation and style, the go-to guy for breaking news who is always present when you need him. Charming, pleasant and fun to watch each day. Brings his "A" game to work. Always camera ready. Natural newsroom leader, positive attitude, does his homework, has a passion for news and is smart as a whip.
• Dayside Anchor (Monday-Friday) on KCAL TV- anchored 12 pm and 2 pm one-hour newscasts. Newscasts are multiple Emmy and Golden Mike winners, and #1 in their time slots.
• Responsible for presenting all dayside breaking news events.
• Anchored all dayside special events coverage (including fires, floods, earthquakes, high profile criminal trials, Lakers parades, and other live extended coverage).
• Delivered hourly news updates on KCAL and KCBS TV.
• Created and delivered live newscast promotional inserts on KNX News Radio.
• Exceptional writer, able to transform complicated issues into clear, concise and interesting stories.
• Proficient video editor using Avid, Aurora Edit and Pro Tools. Beyond The Anchor Desk
• Traveled extensively reporting from Saudi Arabia (Desert Storm), Rome and Washington DC.
• 14 years as Anchor of the Los Angeles Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. 24-hour continuous broadcast, including story coverage and live interviews.
• As a Latino and native Angelino, represented the station at Latino community functions.
• Emcee for charity and dinner events.
• Hosted multiple outdoor community fundraisers, walk-a-thons, etc.
• Parades and Public Appearances.
- News Anchor at KCBS/KCAL TV
- Weekend Anchor- 10 pm at KCOP TV
- News Anchor 6 pm and 11 pm at
- at NBC
17 years at this Job
Newsradio 610 WIOD, Miramar, FL News anchor in morning drive 93.9 WMIA, Miramar, FL On-Air Personality/DJ, entertainment reporter in "The Dish" feature; social media Here's Help, Opa-Locka, FL Radio Instructor to teens and young adults in residential/outpatient substance abuse treatment The Home Mortgage Law Show, Miami; Tampa, FL Host of weekend home mortgage law show and producer CSB School of Broadcasting, Doral, FL Radio Instructor to adults looking to learn, expand their knowledge and apply in industry Metro Networks, Miami, FL Traffic Reporter with area of concentration in Miami-Dade Broward and Palm Beach counties Glam-a-Thon, Fort Lauderdale, FL Advisory Board Member U.S. Honor Flag, Washington, DC Voice
- News Anchor at iHeartMedia, Inc.
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Broadcast Communications and Psychology
- Associate of Arts
• Promoted from Morning Anchor to Evening Anchor in 5 months.
• Responsible for presenting 6 hours of local news and breaking news to Austin and San Antonio.
• Determine how to clearly communicate with different demographics, presenting stories in ways that all will understand and relate.
• Effectively and professionally represent the station at community outreach events.
• Co-produce, write, organize, and edit video for evening news telecasts.
• Ad-lib segments on a moment's notice when breaking news comes in.
- Evening News Anchor/ Co-Producer at Spectrum News
- Corporate Spokesperson/ Corporate Event Specialist at Red 7 Agency
- News Anchor/ Producer/ Writer at Red 7 Agency
- On-Camera Host/ Interviewer/ Field Producer at Red 7 Agency
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Television Broadcast Journalism - Television Broadcast Journalism
Responsibilities On air Midday news anchor...writing, researching, producing and reporting local and national news, traffic reports, weather, public service segments. Accomplishments Professionalism and clear, concise and relative reporting of news... Skills Used Professional delivery on air of news, traffic, and weather; Researching, writing, interviewing and production of news; On site reporter for live breaking news and/or press conferences; Working well under pressure.. ie: ability to go on the air at a moments notice and relay breaking news or emergency information; Liason between disgruntled or unhappy listeners with programming/management via email or phone calls; Political commentary and analyzing results on air during elections; Commercial voice over and production
- On air News Anchor/Reporter at Entercom Communications Corp. 106.3 NewsradioWORD
- Radio Announcer/Public Relations at Magic 98.9 Entercom Communications
- Co-Owner and Office Manager at Joey and Jan's Fireworks
- Radio Personality at Whistle 100 Clear Channel Media+Entertainment
6 years at this Job
- AA Broadcasting - Radio and Television