Director of the afternoon talk show "The Four"
➢ Directed the 5, 6, 7, 10, and 11 newscasts Monday - Wednesday
➢ Produced the 7, 10 newscasts Thursday and Friday
➢ Marked and Edited reporter scripts
➢ Edited videos and commercials using AVID Newscutter and Adobe Premier
➢ Competed the Discrepancy Report nightly when position required
➢ Accurately and creatively wrote stories for newscasts
➢ Preformed effective and strategic posting to the station's social media pages
➢ Maintained my own 9&10 News Facebook page
➢ Accurately and timely posted news stories to the station website (they are a "digital first" newsroom)
- News Director at WWTV 9&10 News
- News and Special Programs & Series Director at WJMN Local 3 News
- Production Assistant at WJMN Local 3 News
- News Producer/Director at WNMU Public TV 13
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Multimedia Journalism
In April 2018, Ocean Gold Media purchased the Queens Tribune and took over as the operators of the publication. In my role as Executive News Director, I worked with the staff to change the culture and improve the overall look and content of the publication, putting emphasis on in-depth analysis, informative commentary, and robust coverage of arts and culture.
- Executive News Director at OCEAN GOLD MEDIA
- Communications Manager at NEW YORK RACING ASSOCIATION
- Editorial Director at
- Executive Editor at City & State NY
8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Broadcast journalism
Manage special projects unit, reporters and assignment editors. Served as Interim News Director from May 2018 to September 2018. Oversee daily and special event news coverage including elections, breaking news, and extreme weather events. Analyze ratings performance and produce presentations for corporate managers. Copy edit and approve scripts, ensure brand messaging. Collaborate with peers to drive ratings performance and digital engagement on all platforms. Recruit and hire, conduct performance evaluations for direct reports. Meet regularly with direct reports to review work, offer feedback, discuss challenges and solutions. Collaborate with creative services unit and sales-marketing division to ensure client entitlements are delivered.
- Assistant News Director at KATU
- Editorial Director at Evanta
- Director of Content at KOIN
- Assistant News Director at KPTV
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Broadcasting
Implement news director's vision and question content, accuracy and fairness of stories to maintain balance and station credibility. Includes duties of assignment manager, making decisions that affect day-to-day operations of the newsroom.
- ASSISTANT NEWS DIRECTOR at WTVC
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER at WLOS
- Videographer/Editor/Producer at WTVC
4 years at this Job
- - LEADERSHIP TRAINING FOR MANAGERS
- AAS - MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES
Worked with and managed a team that produced newscasts and traffic reports on air for 6 local radio stations, wrote news articles for the website NewsDaytonaBeach.com, and produced content for the News Daytona Beach Facebook and Twitter pages. Co-created and served as Executive Producer of the weekly hour long radio show Travel Talk.
- News Director at Southern Stone Communications
- Audio Visual Director at Salty Church
- Audio Engineer at Pearson Technology
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- AS - Music Production and Technology
- BA - Music
Lead complete overhaul of news product from changing the culture and approach to content to behind-the-scenes news gathering systems to on air talent (all positions) to marketing of product. Responsible for recruiting & hiring all levels of staff as well as and training managers and staff.
• Achieved triple-digit ratings growth in key demographics & HH ratings in several time periods. Achieved ratings growth in terms of raw numbers and share in all newscasts.
- News Director at WJCL ABC
- Facebook likes & improved video views without a digital manager at WJCL ABC
- News Director at WPTZ NBC
- Assistant News Director at KOAT ABC
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's Degree of Communications - Communications
- Bachelors' Degree - Political Science
I gather news and weather, record the segments, then broadcast across air.
- News Director at KTXT
- Sales Associate at Buckle
- Sales Associate at Gypsy Chix
- Sales Associate at Armer & Andis
at this Job
- None - Journalism
- High school
- Some college
• Contributed news, features and editorials, consistently meeting deadlines
• Coordinated assignment of stories
• Worked in a team environment to produce one issue weekly
• Worked with a team to produce daily news reports Live via Radio
- NEWS DIRECTOR at REAL FM
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at COMCAST
- JOURNALIST at
- SECRETARY at THE GRENADIAN VOICE
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Performs multiple production duties Directing and TDing any assigned newcasts and productions. Photographer/Videographer on various News Packages, Production Spots, Live and Sporting events; Ran teleprompter, Floor directing, and gripping live taped shows while assisting studio personnel as required (prepping talent for air, etc.) Broadcast Operations including setting up, controlling and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience. Gathering satellite feeds for broadcast by pulling coordinates. preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscast). Support the operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments.
- News Director at Master Control Tech
- at U.S. Army Active
- Videographer/Film Crew Member at
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - COMMUNICATIONS
- Associate of Arts
Levittown, PA 2/2015- Present
GateHouse Media purchased Calkins Media in July 2017. GateHouse publishes more than 600 community publications and over 555 local market websites reaching 21 million people each week.
News Director/Managing Editor, Video
Recruited to improve the quality of Calkins' Philadelphia DMA video products.
➢ Directly manage a 15 person digital content team.
➢ Collaborate with sales and marketing to create content strategies and maximize income.
➢ Establish and enforce standards for 35 journalists delivering video packages.
➢ Quality control and brand compliancy for lifestyle programming.
➢ Develop and execute OTT content capitalizing on in-house talent and resources.
- News Director/Managing Editor, Video at GateHouse Media/Calkins Media
- Executive Producer, Television Affiliations at United States Traffic Network
- Television Producer at WHYY, INC
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications