• Conducted interviews
• Wrote weekly news related stories
• Edited stories before printing
• Designed news pages via Adobe InDesign
• Collaborated with Assistant News Editor and team
- News Editor at University of Wisconsin Whitewater
- Circulation Desk Attendant at University of Wisconsin Whitewater
- Peer Mentor at University of Wisconsin Whitewater
5 months at this Job
- - Inducted into National Society of Leadership and Success
Editor of an online news/blog website focused on Western New York.
- News Editor at All WNY News
- Laborer at Jeff White Enterprise
- Cook/Prep at Friendly's
- Cook/Prep at Olive Garden
11 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
A football news editor for one of Russia's largest sports websites.
- News Editor at Championat.com
- Journalist at Sellout Sport System
- Journalist/Editor at
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school
• Edit news footage in a fast-paced environment according to scripts numerous newscasts throughout the day (to include evenings)
• Receive and process feeds via Airspeed from the field; time critical for Breaking News
• Transfer video files to and from national news stations via FTP, Dropbox, Wetransfer
• Independently and Proficiently use editing program Edius and Avid Newscutter
• Trained incoming/new editors and photographers with news casting processes & equipment
• Lead Editor in the absence of Chief Editor-hit the ground running; duties included: -Edit expedited packages brought in from field -Prioritize, delegate and assign task to other editors -Retrieve and process late breaking news from field reporters -Dispatch breaking stories to sister and national stations -Liaison between mgmt and editors with problem solving when decisions needed to be made -Collaborate and clearly communicate with all team members to get the job done
- Full-Time News Editor at News 4 San Antonio
- Intern at WOAI
- Video Intern at San Antonio Talons AFL Team
- Reporter/ Executive Producer at Our Lady of the Lake University
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Mass Communications
- Associates in Arts - Communications and Liberal Arts
Produced front, jump and other news pages, daily; load ranging from 3-7 pages per day
● Oversaw newsroom in absence of Editor and County Editor.
● On administration team for Facebook page.
● Created and maintained Pinterest page.
● Designed templates for and created special sections, such as graduation and "readers' choice" tabloids.
● Used NewsEdit Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Quark Express to write and edit news and create pages.
● Managed pageflow to press.
● Worked with reporters to improve their copy.
● Spoke with student journalists in their classrooms, to teach them about newspapering and design.
● Conducted tours.
● Coordinated content with production manager for special sections.
● Uploaded content to Website each night.
● Edited and uploaded breaking news items to website, as needed.
● Helped to monitor Topix forum.
- News Editor at BENNINGTON BANNER
- Arts/Copy Editor at Adobe Photoshop and Quark Express
- Store Manager at NEW YORK MATTRESS FACTORY
- Public Relations Assistant at SOUTHWESTERN VERMONT HEALTH CARE
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - English
- Pitched weekly articles for the news section. - Worked alongside the news editor to adapt staff news articles to the high standards and specific style of the Echo. - Comprised the weekly Police Beat and covered weekly Student Government Association meetings. - Used Adobe InDesign to style, arrange and update the front page of The Echo. - Photographed events.
- Assistant News Editor at University of Central Arkansas
- Freelance Writer at
- Staff Writer/Photographer at University of Central Arkansas
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Journalism
- Associate - Art
Managed and enhanced content on the FoxNews.com homepage, wrote stories for FoxNews.com, controlled the Fox News Twitter account, sent out breaking news alerts to email/mobile subscribers.
- News Editor/Reporter at Fox News
- Associate Producer at ABC News Radio
- Freelance Associate Producer at News 12 New Jersey
- Freelance News Assistant at ABC News Radio
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA - Journalism/Media Studies
As leader of the newsroom's multiplatform production and editing team, was lead editor responsible for all digital and print content produced and disseminated nightly. Worked with senior editors to plan and produce print and digital publications. Worked with multiple digital and print content-management systems, editing apps and digital software platforms to best produce the day's news in a clear, concise and compelling form. Troubleshooted any problems on deadline or communicated quickly with the newspaper's top leadership to ensure that our news operations continued unimpeded and with the greatest efficiency.
- News editor at Orlando Sentinel
- Senior editor at A-1 news desk
- Senior editor, news department at
- Science & medicine page editor at
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications - Mass Communications/Journalism
Cover the latest news on campus
- News Editor at The Pauw Wow University Newspaper, Saint Peter's University
- Business Manager at The Pauw Wow University Newspaper, Saint Peter's University
- Clerical work at Communication and Media Studies, Saint Peter's University
- Head Teacher at North Hudson Community Action Corp
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Communication and Public Relations
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication and Media Culture
- Associate in Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
• Responsible for coordinating daily print edition. Work with pagination hub on design/content/priority.
• Supervise reporters on stories, including breaking news events and night meetings; work with Web producers to update online content as well as breaking news, social media promotion and forum moderation.
• Edit/format all content for print news/business/wire sections, special sections as needed.
• Design and production of print product(s) as needed.
• Acting as Business Editor, coordinate/compile various community-based listings and daily/Sunday Business section.
• Various clerical duties, including monitoring and summarizing press releases, community submitted content, etc.
- News Editor at New Haven Register
- News Editor at New Haven Register
- Copy Desk Chief / Assistant News Editor at New Haven Register
- Copy Editor / Page Designer at New Haven Register
7 years at this Job