NOC engineer are responsible for monitoring every netflow, hop, server and endpoint attached to an MSP's client networks. I monitor infrastructure health, security and capacity, and make decisions and adjustments to ensure optimal network performance and organizational productivity.
When any action or intervention from the MSP is required, I create alerts (or "tickets") that identify and categorize the issue based on severity, alert type, and a number of other criteria.
Additional NOC capabilities include:
• Application software installations, troubleshooting and updating
• Email management services
• Backup and storage management
• Network discovery and assessments
• Policy enforcement
• Firewall and intrusion prevention system (IPS) monitoring and management
• Antivirus scanning and remediation
• Patch management and whitelisting
• Shared threat analysis
• Optimization and quality of service reporting
• Voice and video traffic management
• Performance reporting and improvement recommendations Xsport fitness June 2016 to January 2017 Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the gym. Greet customers and answer any questions they may have. WIDE OPEN WEST
- NOC Engineer at New Continuum
- Network Operations Engineer at
- Dispatcher at
- iCNRC Operations Enterprise Technologist at Motorola
9 months at this Job
- Diploma in Information Technology Support - Network Administration
- Bachelor Degree of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
-Level 3 NOC Engineer -Escalation Point for NOC tickets and issues -IT Project work for clients -Fast-paced environment - Strict SLA requirements
- NOC Engineer LIII at One Path Managed Services
- Information Technology Manager at Oxfam America, Inc
- IT Systems Administrator at Oxfam America, Inc
- Customer Engineer at mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc
2 months at this Job
- - Advanced Centers for Technology and Training
• Monitor, investigate and resolve issues and outages. Ensure uninterrupted 24/7 operations.
• Responsible for IP networks, DWDM/SDH networks, and fiber systems; interfacing with vendors and internal teams.
• Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve Network backbone and service effecting faults/outages on PCCW Global's network, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and cloud application (Console Connect ) interaction
• Maintain/update internal databases/systems. Participate in the migration, maintenance, basic configuration and assist NOC documentation requirements
- NOC Engineer at PCCW Global
- Data Center Technician at Alibaba Cloud
- Optical Network Engineer at China International Telecommunication Construction Corporation
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Big Data - Big Data
- Master of Electronic Communication Engineering - Electronic Communication Engineering
- Bachelor of Communication Engineering - Communication Engineering
Troubleshooting alerts from Cisco Meraki firewalls to Sonicwalls
● Auvik Monitoring System
● Ops Genis alerting app from FW down to VPN down
● Supporting Microsoft Servers from 2008-2016 Patching connectwise automate
● On call rotation
● Installing Symantec on premise and Cloud
● Patching window servers and workstations connectwise automate patching
● Monitoring backup alerts from Datto Veeam Cloudberry and Infrascale
● Maintaining backups, no fails initiating reports daily
● Installing office 365 and antivirus on user machines
● Maintaining managing servers and workstations patching schedules
● Troubleshooting Synology and APC systems alerts
● Installing applications on user workstations from various client applications
● Troubleshooting various issues from office 365 citrix and RDP
● Dell IDRAC supporting drives no failures
● Managing and Maintaining malware solutions through connectwise automate
● Utilize Symantec Endpoint protection Manager and Cloud Symantec
● Monitor daily activities and malware/virus throughout Noc Security board through connectwise
- Noc Engineer at NetatWork
- Service Desk Engineer at NetatWork
- C3I, Senior Technician at Novo Nordisk
2 years, 2 months at this Job
Monitor and Support PBX, VoIP, and UC in 24x7 business environment
● Identify, diagnose, and resolve customer network or local carrier problems
● Provide remote system support and management via VPN, SAS, SSH, and Dial-up
● Effectively communicate incident feedback and suggestions to ensure SLAs are met
● Involved in developing company NOC standards, procedures, and documentation
● Troubleshoot and provide Tier I training in Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, and Siemens systems
● Research and collaborate with senior engineers during root cause analysis
- NOC Engineer at Continuant
- City Carrier Assistant at United States Postal Service
- Installation Technician at Spectra Seven
- at Top Customer Care
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
• Maintained and upgraded network hardware.
• Documented system issues and all team actions.
• Updated policy procedure and troubleshooting guidelines.
• Kept system at maximum uptime through proactive oversight and scheduled maintenance.
• Work remotely with onsite technician to troubleshoot and install customer network equipment
• Ensure that root cause analysis is performed to reduce/eliminate future issues
- NOC Engineer at Trextel
- NOC Engineer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Computer Repair Technician at Geek Squad Best Buy
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Networking Specialist & Security Specialist
Monitor and resolve firewall and cyber security problems from a central location. Analyze problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response Communicate with site technicians and track problems through to resolution.
- NOC Engineer at ADT Cybersecurity
- Network Administrator at Guilford Child Development
- Technical Support Specialist at Guilford County Schools
- Operations Management Officer/Logistic Manager at United States Army
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Management and Ethics
- - Management and Customer Service
➢ analyze problems.
➢ Performing troubleshooting
➢ incident response on the system
➢ communicate with site technicians
➢ track problems through to resolution. Bachelor Thesis Topic: Human Action Recognition based on DCT Transform Master's project Topic: Atmospheric Effects Characterization with a Target-in-the-loop Sensing System
- NOC Engineer at Banglalion WiMax
6 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Electro-Optics
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering - Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
•Field and respond to an average of 60 incoming calls and emails daily.
•Monitor National CineMedia’s theatre network that consists of over 21,000 devices.
•Troubleshoot WAN/LAN connectivity outages.
•Troubleshoot a variety of audio, video and automation equipment used by theatres across the nation.
•Troubleshoot VSAT outages.
•Troubleshoot Point of Sales issues.
•Configure client computers.
•Open and update trouble tickets with a cue that averages 180 tickets daily.
•Write and update documents to aid in new hire training.
•Update documents with current information pertaining to each theatre’s LAN.
- NOC Engineer at National CineMedia
- Communications Specialist at U.S. Army
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Information Technology - Network Management - Information Technology
- High School Diploma
- - Network Systems Operator and Maintainer
- - Facility Management
- - Equal Opportunity
- - Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention
- - CompTIA Security +
- - CompTIA Network +
- - Basic Networking
• Administration and maintenance of internal corporate network infrastructure and computing systems.
• Infrastructure monitoring and surveillance.
• Coordinate resource engagement and escalation during incidents.
• Support server updates, patches and regular maintenance.
• Implement emergency impact mitigation procedures.
• Identify and remediate system security vulnerabilities.
• Perform initial device build, deployment, and decommission.
• Assist with alarm suppression during planned change activities.
• Assist with the incident related documentation for event-analysis efforts and review.
- NOC engineer at WorldPay/Vantiv
- Sr. NOC Specialist at WorldPay
- Senior Remote Computer Technician at PLUMCHOICE
- Helpdesk Analyst at CINCINNATI BELL
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Security Management
- Associate - Computer Science