Desktop support / NOC technician / Customer Service Representative
- NOC Technician at Rignet, Inc
3 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
January 2016-December 2018: Centracomm is a managed service provider specializing in network security. At Centracomm I worked as a NOC Technician. In this position I monitored customer and internal equipment using IPMonitor and Solar Winds. Used Splunk to diagnose and solve issues ranging from IDP alerts to health checks, often times escalating to the proper team members. Also I would often work with customers through our ticketing system to identify and solve issues with their equipment. Moreover I would also write documentation on processes used in day to day tasks. Additional duties are also assigned to me by engineers and management to be completed by the end of my shift, these duties would include device upgrades, configuration changes, and reviewing training materials.
- NOC Technician at Centracomm
- Tier 3 help desk at CISP
- assistant, assisting the Lab technician in the skilled trades department at Owens community College
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- associates degree in information systems support - management
Email: [email protected]
Houston, TX – Cell:(4437643881)
Over 4 years in routing and switching as Network Engineer in the corporate environment. Cisco Certified Associate with demonstrated success in implementing router and switch configurations to improve business functionality in diverse environment. Experience and knowledge in Cisco Network administration. Skilled, data security through vlans and other protocols, reducing costs/driving process improvements with a background in Microsoft products, analysis, integrity and management. CERTIFICATION
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – 08/2018
Comp TIA CISSP In progress - June, 2019
Cisco CCNA Voice In progress – June, 2019 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Meriplex Communication, (September 5 – Present)
This position involves troubleshooting Network Issues to resolution or escalating to internal network team for testing/resolution of network issues. Job Responsibilities:
• Remotely troubleshoot higher level Network Incidents
• Interactively work with Escalation Teams to resolve Network Incidents such as network connectivity to security appliances ( velocloud and meraki devices )
• Add access points to Meraki devices and assist tech teams to bring access point online
• Perform Layer 1 – 3 troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot equipment connectivity such as NIU’s ( Network Interface Units/Smart Jacks ), CSU/DSUs, Routers, Switches, Media Converters, Satellite Equipment, Access T’s, Patch Panels
• Perform loop testing with tech teams to determine and isolate problems on the path, troubleshoot routing issues which include source/destination IP addresses, firewall issues, latency issues, packet loss issues, troubleshoot routing advertisement issues, troubleshoot routing protocol issues, ACL issues, troubleshoot out-of-band connectivity issues
• Conduct IPT Adds, Moves and Changes
• Escalate and communicate customer issues and network related alerts to Escalation Team
• Troubleshoot various issues such as internal questions/request ( password request, ticket investigation, research Vendor position), and client issues or questions
• Respond to customer request and provide consistent communication as defined by SLA Policy
• Interact with Network Providers ( AT$T, Comcast, Verizon, Spectrum) and Clients on a daily basis; opening tickets and performing follow up with external organizations on client and other related issues
• Handle incoming calls
• Follow up with escalation teams for status of support
• Proactively monitor the network through network management systems Csat Solutions, (February 6 - September 2018) Houston, Texas IT support Engineer Supports Network Operation Management and application teams in the design, development & maintenance of data network management that meets current and future business requirements of the organization and customers.
• Monitoring and troubleshooting issues during Network Closet Migration.
• Testing routers and line cards using Smart Bits and conduct performance Analysis of both LAN/WAN infrastructure.
• Regularly updating the company firewall and performed persistent tests on the firewall’s integrity.
• Work on resolving service request (SR’s) and queries raised by customers and troubleshoot desktop issues.
• Experience in implementing layer 2 and 3 Routing and Switching Technologies.
• Implementing and administering common TCP/IP based services including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, etc.
• Implement routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP) on cisco routers.
• Configure VLANs, STP on switches and Install and maintain computer and network equipment.
• Maintaining inventory level including storage procurements.
• Plan and execute network configurations of switches and routers with senior network engineers. Amazon fulfillment Center, (October 2015-August 2017) Baltimore, MD IT support Engineer Supports Network Operation Management and application teams in the design, development & maintenance of data network management that meets current and future business requirements of the organization and customers.
• Monitored and optimizes network performance
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Trouble shoot desktop issues.
• Trouble shoot layers 1, 2, 3 issues.
• Open tickets and contact customers.
• Hardware and software maintenance.
• Implement routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP) on cisco routers
• Configure vlans, stp on switches.
• Configure static routes on routers
• Install and maintain computer and network equipment.
• Maintaining inventory level including storage procurements.
• Plan and execute network configurations of switches and routers with senior network engineers.
• Manage multiple customer request simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives. Dangote Group (February 2012-June2014) Douala, Cameroon Junior Network Engineer
• Determined how a router will forward traffic based on the contents of a routing table.
• Explained to clients how switching operates in a small to medium-sized business networks.
• Used monitoring tools and network management protocols to troubleshoot data networks.
• Configured monitoring tools available for small to medium-sized business networks.
• Configured initial settings on a network device and Ethernet switch ports.
• Implemented VLANs, static routing and RIPv2.
• Implemented DHCP on a router network address translation (NAT).
• Implemented access control lists (ACLs) to filter traffic.
• Described different WAN technologies and their benefits to clients.
• Configured and troubleshoot PPP, Dynamic Routing, configuring Eigrp, Ospf and Bgrp.
• Configured PPPoE, GRE, and single-homed eBGP.
• Configured and troubleshoot extended IPv4 and IPv6 ACLs.
• Explained how to mitigate common LAN security attacks to customers.
• Described QoS operation and evolving networks including cloud, virtualization, SDN, and the Internet of things.
• Troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity in a small to medium sized business network, using a systematic approach.
• Implemented scaling VLANS, STP, EtherChannel and HRSP. SKILLS ACTIVEDIRECTORY (4years), CISCO (5years), NETWORKING (5years), SCRIPTING (3 years), LINUX (4 years), Service Desk (4 years), Desktop Support (4 years), Tech Support (4 years), Help Desk (4 years), SCCM (4 years), Python (3 years), Bash Scripting (3 years), System Administration (4 years), SAN (3 years),Virtualization (4 years), Vmware (4 years) EDUCATION B.Sc. in Mathematics and Computer Science University of Buea-Cameroon- December 2001 AAS Cyber Security Lonestar College Houston, TX – mm/yyyy References available upon request.
- NOC Technician at Meriplex Communications
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associates - Cyber Security
- BSC - Mathematics
Member of the Network Operations Center (NOC) team that is responsible for the 24X7 monitoring of the nationwide T-Mobile fixed and wireless network.
• Performed as NOC Technician for the RAN and Transport team held accountable for capturing lessons learned on network outages and develop solutions to improve process, tools and performance to reduce repeatable outages.
• Primary focus on handling surveillance and troubleshooting the cutting-edge voice and data technologies to provide national visibility of network outages.
• Responsible for mining various systems for data analysis, conduct conference calls to help identify process issues that lead to network outages, and provide statistics and lessons learned from past outages to recommend changes to mitigate future risks.
- NOC Technician at T-Mobile
- Senior Network Engineer at AT&T
- Network Engineer at T-MOBILE
- Lab Engineer at FORTRESS SOLUTIONS
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Engineering - Engineering
• Provided live technical support over the phone, normally 3 calls nightly.
• Solved issues for customers within a 30-minute SLA
• Reported any monitoring alerts within a 10-minute time period per our SLA
• Ensured smooth day-to-day operations by checking the 11 systems making up our data center.
- NOC Technician at NOC Tech
- Summer Media Services Technician at University of Puget Sound
- Software development Intern at Atchison Hospital
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science degree - Computer Science
- Associates of IT and Network Support - LAN/WAN Design
Enterprise NOC Technician. Commercial support. Answered calls on a dedicated support line to troubleshoot other NOC (Sprint, T-Moblie, AT&T, Verizon, and B2B) issues through OS layers 1, 2, & 3. While tracking down lines from tower to Enterprise commercial customer.
- NOC Technician at Spectrum
- Contract Samsung Tier 3 support for Best Buy at Harte-Hanks
- Technician & Customer Support (Tier 2.5) at Protect America
- Rapid Resolution Representative ( Tier 2 ) at Sears Holdings Company
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associates of Computer Science - Computer Electronic Engineer Technician CEET
• Supported and assisted in maintaining Cisco based Layer 2 internal infrastructure via monitoring and configuration changes.
• Performed Carrier fiber point to point test and turn ups which included making configuration changes and confirming circuit consistency.
• Escalation point for Carrier and Commercial fiber connections.
• Guided the setup, policies, procedures, and schedule of the Carrier NOC department.
• Troubleshoot all network issues for Fiber DIA, Point to Point, and Coax connections.
• Performed Carrier Fiber network to network interface turns up.
• Assist in the creation, scheduling, notification, monitoring and completion of network maintenances.
• Schedule dispatches to customer sites when needed.
• Assist field technicians in the isolation and resolution of network issues.
• Dispatch out to customer sites to isolate and repair issues in my local market.
• Participate in an on call rotation with other NOC Technicians.
- NOC Technician at Atlantic Broadband
- NOC Technician at United Network Services Inc
2 years at this Job
- Associates Degree in Information Technology - Information Technology
● Email support
● Extensively used ticketing system: Remedy to track and create new incidents
● Tested the network for new data drops
● Supported corporate users with anything technical, adding printers, Downloading software Installed, supported and performed troubleshooting on Java, Adobe, Windows Media player, Quick time, IE, Firefox, Google chrome, Safari, on PC, MAC and Tablets
● Monitored network outages using Nagios
● Pushed software updates, remoted into users' machines to update/install software.
● Troubleshot network issues on medical devices, Raspberry pi network devices
● Troubleshooting printer issues, adding printers.
● Documenting everything while completing tasks on time.
● Assisted with a network clean up getting clinics wireless machines back on a hardline connection over 2,000 clinics with at least 25 machines each.
- Noc Technician at Fresenius Medical
- Police Officer Intern at University Of Colorado Boulder
- at Service Desk Tech
- LMS Administrator at
3 months at this Job
- B.S - Secondary Education
- BS in Sports and Business Management - Sports and Business Management
Responsibilities: Responsible for surveillance and initial triage across the Frontier foot print. Ensure adherence to service level commitments, leading continuous process improvement initiatives to improve productivity and professional development. Utilize all tools and training to ensure that overall team responsibilities and company objectives are being met. Assume responsibility for maintaining all network outages, and assist team members with identifying troubles and working through till resolution. General Functions: Manage and facilitate surveillance and initial triage for all network nodes within the FTR NOC organization. This includes ensuring that all outage, problems and standard service requests are answered, resolved, and/or escalated in accordance with service level commitments. Efficient in the following routers: Alcatel Lucent 7750 and 7450 ESS Juniper MX- 480/960/E320 Cisco ME3600X ASR 903/9010
- NOC Technician at Frontier Communications
- Low Voltage Cable Technician at BNSF RAILWAY/APEX
- at MGI Associates
- Associate Noc Technician at Apex Systems
11 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Management Information Systems - Management Information Systems
- Associates in Electronic Engineering Technology - Electronic Engineering Technology
Resolved problems associated with high speed LAN/WAN networking environments. Expertise in Nokia routers, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting failures.
• Remote Technical Support to customers and field engineers during upgrades, installations and failure
• Troubleshoot hardware and software failures.
• Provide failure resolutions, root cause and suggests preventive maintenance
• Provided assistance, guidance, and collaboration to individual staff members
• Follows all troubleshooting procedures and documents action taken.
• Updates Ticket tracking system with all pertinent and accurate data
• Proficient with Secure CRT, Webex, Teamviewer and Telnet for remote access
• Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office
• Manufacturing test technician to the component level
• Capable of reading schematics, Test procedures and BOMs.
- NOC Technician at NOKIA
20 years at this Job