Center Nurse Executive- oversight of all nursing services in building, specialized in case reviews of each patient with individual plan of care. Review of the residents plan of care, medications, current diagnosis, and recent lab work, vital, weight, behavior. Interventions are monitored and reviewed for effectiveness.This process allowed for the resident to get to and maintain the best quality of life possible also resulting in a significant decline in risk associated with long term care. In depth knowledge of policy and procedure for the state survey process along with the audit process to ensure that policy and procedure is being completed. Teaching staff and completing inservices as required and needed.
- RN-Center Nurse Executive at Genesis HealthCare
- RN-ADON at Genesis healthcare Barkley Center
- RN-Charge Nurse at Genesis HealthCare- Owensboro Center
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Associate in Science
- High school
- Professor of Nursing at Central Methodist University
- Director of Nursing at The Neighborhoods by Tiger Place
- State Director at Missouri Nurses Association
- Coordinator Clinical and Patient Education at University of Missouri Health Care
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Secondary English Education
- Masters of Science - Nursing Leadership
- - Liberal Studies
Free standing 66 -84 bed inpatient psychiatric hospital ♦ Direct care: Relief for intake, charge or medication nurse as needed ♦ Senior Leadership responsibilities including collaboration, coaching, mentoring, communications, coordination, and management. ♦ Facilitates the design of patient care delivery, ♦ Build relationships between staff and colleagues, and work to advance nursing as a discipline. ♦ Serving as role models by encouraging and educating staff, promoting quality improvement, and demonstrating financial accountability.
- Nurse Executive at Springbrook Hospital
- Adjunct Behavioral Health Faculty at Jersey College of Nursing
- Nursing Director of Behavioral Health Services (BHS) at Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- Chief Nursing Officer at North Tampa Behavioral Health Hospital
2 years at this Job
- MSN - education
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- A.S. - Nursing
• Responsible for the overall operation of nursing services for the Department
• Responsible for writing, implementing and monitoring medical policies which dictate inmate care based on Federal, State regulations and American Correctional Associations Standards.
• Responsible for staffing patterns for various medical departments
• Provides supervision for all Nurse Administrators
• Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of procedures and programs
• Evaluates inmates care on a daily basis within the Department
• Fiscal responsibility for monitoring personnel cost (overtime/comp time)
• Fiscal responsibility for monitoring equipment and supply cost
• Active in developing American Correctional Association standardization for the Department
• Inspects and reviews each Medical Department within the KY Department of Corrections.
• Participates in CQI and QA, Final Administrative Review committees.
• Monitor subcontracted services to include healthcare providers, pharmacy x-ray and specialty providers
• Provide regular staff meetings to ensure effective communication with all staff and shifts
• Assist Medical Director as needed.
- Nurse Executive at Kentucky Department of Corrections
- Nurse Service Administrator at Roederer Correctional Complex
- Charge Nurse at Roederer Correctional Complex
- Registered Nurse at Norton Clinical Agency
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
- Associates in Science - Science / Nursing
43130 - Assisted in bringing center from 1 star center to 5 star center. - Decreased hospital readmission rate from 25% to 11%. - Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern the practice of skilled nursing facilities. - Delegated staff nurse duties. - Provided on-call care at all times of day and night. - Extensive knowledge of QAPI process to ensure quality and safety in clinical processes. - Effective staff recruitment and retention. - Effective collaboration with Executive Director on day to day activities of center. - Provide support to sister facilities within region during survey process and at times of need through auditing, education and center visits.
- Center Nurse Executive at Genesis Homestead Center
- Director of Nursing Services at Newark Hills Health and Rehabilitation
- Nurse Practice Educator at New Lexington Center
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science - Nursing
- Certificate in Practical Nursing
• Answer telephone, relay messages, and route calls to the appropriate individual
• Greet staff and visitors while providing helpful customer service to answer questions
• Maintain appointments, calendars and schedules for the Associate Nurse Executive
• Provide correspondence and reports timely and accurately
• Coordinate and complete all travel arrangements for the Associate Nurse Executive
• Serve as recorder for designated committee meetings and prepare typed minutes
• Screen and prioritize mail
• Procure office supplies weekly
• Timekeeper for approximately 100 staff members including executive staff and alternate timekeeper for over 300 nursing staff
• Member of the Nurses Week 2013 Committee. Special contributions included coordinating the guest speaker's travel and presentation arrangements, coordinating the awards ceremony, and creating flyers, brochures, posters and announcements for all events
• Maintain accurate personnel records to facilitate the annual preparation of nursing proficiencies and performance appraisals for over 300 employees
• Ensure nursing policies remain up to date and coordinate revisions as appropriate
• Manage interview scheduling process for departmental vacancies
• Alternate Records Management Liaison for Acute Care Services
- Secretary for the Associate Nurse Executive, Acute Care Services at Atlanta VA Medical Center
- Emeritus Terrace at Riverstone
- Food and Nutrition Worker at Northside Hospital
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health Services Management
1. Daily operation manager of the nursing staff in a 246 hospital with a staff complement of 475 including nurse managers, RN, LPN and Nurse aids. 2. Member of the clinical and med executive team reporting directly to the hospital director 3. Head or recruiting and retention for nursing staff 4. Extensive experience with cardiac, trauma, surgical, and neurological patient care. Wound and tracheostomy care, Foley catheterization, along with patient and staff teaching/training. 5. Member of Joint Commission hospital accreditation team. 6. Promote teamwork with physicians, counselors, and nurses. 7. Complete, timely hourly/daily reports on patient’s progress while maintaining strict patient confidentiality by federal, state, and local regulations. 8. Provide and implement direct and indirect nursing services to individuals, family and for Psychiatric patients both in Hospital and the Community
- Chief Nurse Executive at Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
- Trainer and Superuser at OneMind Team and Automated Drug Dispensing Cart
- Interim Chief Nurse Executive at
- Psychiatric Nurse Coordinator at
3 months at this Job
- MSN - Nursing Informatics
- Associates - Health Insurance
- - management
- Diploma - Midwifery
- Associate Science degree - Nursing
Served as Senior Nurse for Naval Health Corpus Christi, providing seamless execution of the mission; organized and conducted Career Development Boards for 11 Nurse Corps officers, providing career guidance and mentoring to junior officers. Hand-selected as the Command Evaluator to conduct audits as Medical Inspector General of all records, reports, investigations, papers, recommendations or other material available to or within any Department of the Navy activity; representative for Managers' Internal Control Program to review a detailed examination of work process by the responsible manager to identify and correct weaknesses at all levels of the command. Chosen as Special Assistance for Risk Management and Patient Safety, enhancing culture of safety and Joint Commission compliance; led Patient Safety rounds and facilitated Lean Six Sigma Projects.
- Senior Nurse Executive at Naval Health Clinic Corpus Christi
- Medical Home Team Leader/Pedatric Medical Home Team Lead Nurse at Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune
- Maternal/Child Charge Nurse at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton
- Division Officer at Camp Pendleton EMF DT
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS Degree in Nursing - RN
• Provide leadership, direction, and administration of day to day operations associated with patient care, nursing practice and clinical education and development, including continuous improvement of nursing services and staff to meet patient/residents and their family's needs and expectations providing an environment of excellence while still maintaining policies and procedures
• Increased in house nursing positions through recruitment and eliminated all agency contracts within the first six months of employment.
• Maintained quality of care throughout entire facility via education, demonstration, training and being an active department head on the floor with floor staff, leading by example.
• Collaborated with the Center Executive Director (NHA) and leadership team to drive business excellence, with planning, budget preparation, and oversight of resource utilization.
• Assured effective recruitment, hiring and orientation for all nursing team members along with application of corrective discipline and or coaching when needed to improve workforce performance.
• Actively developed relationships and strategies to collaborate with hospitals/health systems, home health/hospice and community providers to promote value based care delivery.
• Met and corroborated with therapy and the IDT team weekly to evaluate facility residents and their therapy needs and or referrals.
• Coordinate with scheduler to implement training and mentoring programs to improve performance to all nursing staff.
• Evaluated admissions ensuring proper fit with current residents and ensuring staff is trained/re-trained on patients/residents needing specialized care.
- Center Nurse Executive (DON) at Genesis Healthcare
- Assistant Director of Nursing at Golden Living
- Floor nurse/Charge Nurse at United Hospital
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing - Nursing
Provided leadership, direction and accountability to the day to day clinical operations. Knowledge, management and implementation of clinical practice and regulatory requirements. Determine staffing model for nursing department necessary to meet patient needs. Create and manage schedules for 100+ employees. Created a culture of service excellence with resident centered care, open communication and professional behavior as focus. Ensure and completed education, training and competency validation per policy and state/federal regulations. Implementation of QAPI process to assure the quality, safety and efficiency of the clinical outcomes. Collaborates with Center Executive Director to drive business excellence, strategic planning and budget management. Fosters and completes effective recruitment, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and orientation for clinical staff. Directed interdisciplinary collaboration for staff retention plans and execution.
- Center Nurse Executive at Genesis Healthcare/Marietta Center
- Regional Director of Clinical Operations at Greystone Healthcare
- RN of Record at Helen Purcell Home
- Director of Nursing at Marietta Care and Rehabilitation Center
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Psychology