5/2016-present Baldwin Park Medical Center is a 254bed acute care hospital with over 87,000 patient visits annually. Its physicians performed 3,407 in patient and 8,801 outpatient surgeries annually. The hospital has exceptional quality care designated a Leapfrog "A" medical center and certified by the JC in Advanced Hip and Knee, Stroke Care, Advanced Heart Failure and most recently JC Advanced Palliative Care. Most recently received 5 Stars for Overall HCAHPS rating. BPMC is also a Nursing Improving Care of Health Elders (NICHE) hospital. Chief Nurse Executive
• Responsible for overall patient care services including over 800 FTE's as well as Inpatient Quality Management across the continuum from acute care to home care.
• Improved patient perception scores from 70 to 80 in three months, currently at 5 STAR in Nurse Communication
• Leading a new Ambulatory Surgical Center to meet the needs of the community.
• Revised the huddle process to include elements of a Highly Reliable Organizational framework to improve transparency and safety. Recently noted as one of the top 250 Health grades hospitals for Clinical Excellence.
• Increased scholastic affiliations to foster professional growth with staff recruitment and retention
• Developed the Community Resilience Consortium to assist in maintaining standards across the care continuum CNE liaison to the: Regional SCAL Professional Development and Education Peer Group Regional Nursing Research Committee Academy of Nursing Research Care Experience Council-Care Transition specialty National Cross Regional Nurse Executive Committee-Evidence Based Subcommittee Chair
- Chief Nurse Executive at Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park Medical Center
- Chief Nursing Officer at Tenet Twin Cities Community Hospital
- Interim Chief Nursing Officer and Quality Officer at Ascension Health Borgess Lee Memorial Hospital
- Vice President Patient Care Services/CNO at Day Kimball Healthcare
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Executive Leadership Program
- Certificate - Executive Leadership
- Certificate - Leadership program
- Master of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Center Nurse Executive responsible for leading the nursing teams towards delivery of clinical quality care for this 126 bed long term care and sub-acute rehabilitation center. Responsible for the allocation of resources, quality measures and survey readiness.
- Center Nurse Executive at Salmon Brook Center
- Facility Administrator at DaVita New Haven
- Director of Nursing at Connecticut Surgery Center
- Director of Patient Care Services at Hospital for Special Care
10 months at this Job
- M.S.N. - Nursing Administration
- B.S. - Professional Arts
Chief Nurse Executive (CNE) for the outpatient, emergency department, inpatient unit, obstetrics, and central supply. The CNE works collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the senior management (executive staff) consisting of the Chief of Operations Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Director of Professional Services, and Quality Management.
• Member to the Hopi Health Care Center (HHCC) executive committee and Governing Board
• Full managerial responsibility and accountability for the planning, organization, and administration of Nursing Services
• Supervisory authority in the development, and integration, and evaluation of healthcare services
- Chief Nurse Executive, Indian Health Services at Hopi Health Care Center
- Program Management Officer at CDR - 06 Billet
- Supervisory Program Management Officer (LCDR - 05 Billet) at Federal Correctional Institution
- Clinical Supervisory Nurse (LCDR at Supai Health Clinics, subdivision or the Colorado River Service Unit
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- - NURSING SERVS
- - Disaster Emergency Management
Highest ranking nurse manager within a Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation adult institution. Direct all nursing activity within the institution and ensure compassionate, safe, effective, timely, efficient and equitable patient-centered care in conjunction with other health care discipline managers(9.5 SRNII's, 35RN's, 45LVN's) and in coordination with custody; develop and maintain a competent nursing team to deliver evidence-based patient-centered care; develop and implement clear and realistic performance expectations, issue letters of instruction and counseling memoranda; effectively recommend formal disciplinary action to the institution Chief Executive Officer, and upon delegation from the Chief Executive Officer takes disciplinary action. Ensure the institution implements an effective system that certifies competence to perform nursing duties, including the performance of physical assessments and outpatient urgent/emergency protocols. Assist with policy review and revisions and ensures these policies are implemented throughout the institutional nursing staff, provide feedback to Regional Nurse Executive on all Nursing related issue and implementation barriers. Work closely with Chief Physician & Surgeon as well as Chief Medical Executive to ensure patient care policies and procedures are followed on a daily basis.
- Chief Nurse Executive at CCHCS CRC
- Supervising Registered Nurse III (Director of Nursing) at CCHCS CRC
- Director of Nurses at CCHCS CRC-Norco
- Supervising Registered Nurse III (Director of Nursing) at CCHCS CIM
2 years, 5 months at this Job
Responsible for all aspects of patient care and Nursing practice within a 2.5 million mi territory. Member of the Senior Executive team. Provide input and collaboration with all members of the health care team, ensuring quality, responsible nursing care in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Nurse Executive at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Nurse Executive/ Associate Director Patient Care Services at
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- FNP-C, DNP, NE-BC - Doctorate in Nursing Practice
Nurse executive with diverse experience in establishing programs to improve the quality of healthcare. Skills include creative design, practical implementation, comprehensive analysis and evaluation of new methods. Experienced in creating collaborative partnerships to expand and enhance services in an accountable care organization. Clinical expertise in pediatric care including homecare, behavioral health, private duty nursing, skilled nursing home visiting, case management and inpatient medical surgical care. NURSING EXPERIENCE
Nationwide Children's Hospital/ Partners for Kids- Accountable Care Organization, Columbus, Ohio
Program Manager II
Provide coordination of service delivery and operational oversight for outpatient case management services.
• Promoted to Program Manager II in April 2017. Improved Tier rating for Employee Engagement for 80 FTE's.
- Nurse executive at Nationwide Children's Hospital/ Partners for Kids
- Program Manager I in October 2015 at Nationwide Children's Hospital/ Partners for Kids
- program coordinator/nurse supervisor at Nationwide Children's Hospital/ Partners for Kids
- Patient Care Manager at Nationwide Children's Hospital/ Partners for Kids
20 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Nursing - Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
Responsible for all nurses on state campus. Ensuring delivery of quality patient care service and all work assignments are completed by clinical managers and supervisors. Responsible for nursing staff planning, implementing and evaluation on nursing care on a 24-hour basis. Clinical competencies used for decision making of appropriate care of the high acuity and co-morbidities of the ICF-IID population. Decisions also concern patient and employee safety, DOJ and regulatory body mandates. Plan and communicate with other disciplinary leaders to reach goals that are in the best interest of the patients. Well versed and competent in treatment teams, recovery plans and case management. Education experience by filling in as nurse educator. Experience in root cause analysis Department of Homeland Security Detention Center - Bay view, cases, prepared to educate, lead and evacuate during hurricane season annually. Reduced regulatory TAC, DOJ recommendations, improved processes and created/implemented nurse process strategies to enable change for the good of the organization. Shared executive on-call duties for campus including restraints, abuse and neglect and any concern or emergencies.
- Chief Nurse Executive at Rio Grande State Behavioral Health Hospital
- Contract RN at Detention Infirmary
- Director of Surgical Services (contracted) at Humboldt General Hospital
- Director of Surgical Services (contracted) at Whidbey General Hospital
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Health Service Management
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associate of Science of Surgical Technology - Surgical Technology
- Burlingame CA 09/2018 - Current
241 bed Acute Care hospital with range of inpatient and outpatient services including innovative
mobile stroke care, the latest cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health, women's health and emergency care to the Bay Area.
Chief Nurse Executive - Consulting Interim
• Assessment and reorganization of staffing process establishing effective staffing patterns
• Assessment and recommendation regarding all nursing, clinical departments
• Assessment and recommendation of Nursing organizational chart
• Collaboration with regional academic organizations
• Developed nursing leadership established groundwork for future initiatives
- Chief Nurse Executive - Consulting Interim at Sutter Health Mills Peninsula Medical Center
- Marriage & Family Therapist at Historical
- Chief Nurse Executive - Consulting Interim at Dignity Health, St Rose deLima
- Chief Nursing Officer & Chief Clinical Officer Consult at St. Alexius Hospital
6 months at this Job
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice degree - Nursing
- Master's Degree - Human Ecology
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance, leadership
- Associate - Registered Professional Nursing
June 2018- Present 1000 Orwigsburg Manor Drive Orwigsburg, Pa 17961 570-366-2999 Director of Nursing Services (Center Nurse Executive) Successfully adapted team building throughout all departments by organizing and implementing family/ resident functions to welcome new owners. Promote and encourage individualized resident independence, while maintaining safety measures, infection control standards, resident dignity, individuality, and confidentiality. Research and address resident issues, concerns, and problems. Help provide information to residents and families as appropriate in care needs, disease process, insurance questions, etc. Engage in healthcare delivery and operations while ensuring compliance with federal and state laws. Supervise total activities and clinical systems and formulated policies, procedures and systems in ensuring high quality health care delivery in accordance with DOH, CMS and OSHA guidelines. Assume administrative role of the facility in the absence of the administrator. Actively participated and performed Utilization Reviews and Quality Improvement Studies for the organization. Established practice performance standards of Nursing staff and other disciplines. Classified the learning needs of staff and arranged for opportunities to attain. Executed Quality Improvement studies and implemented results in enhancing staff performance. Successfully completed yearly Plans of Correction for Department of Health and abbreviated surveys.
- Director of Nursing Services (Center Nurse Executive) at Vita Healthcare- Orwigsburg Center
- Director of Nursing Services (Center Nurse Executive) at Genesis Health Care
- Field Clinical Nurse at South Eastern Home Health Services
- Director of Nursing Services at Golden Living Center
9 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Applied Science - Applied Science
- - Nursing Home Administrator's Course
Currently the CNE of a 158 bed center including dementia, Assisted living and a TCU. Regularly evaluated employee performance, provided feedback and assisted, coached and disciplined staff as needed. Corresponded with operations staff to ensure key client deliverables and revenue goals were met. Often commended for maintaining the safety, respect and dignity of residents. Jumped in to fill gaps for on call rotation when necessary. Delegated staff nurse duties. Minimized staff turnover through appropriate selection, orientation, training, staff education and development. Achieved deficiency free state survey as well as Five Star Rating for 2018 for the Transitional Care Unit.
- Center Nurse Executive at Genesis Health care
- Clinical Nurse Manager at Genesis Health care
- Unit Manager - Assisted living at Genesis Health care
- Staff Nurse at Genesis Heath care
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Psychology