Masters prepared, dedicated, nursing educator dedicated to sharing my knowledge with nursing students to promote professional practice
Excelsior College, Albany, NY 2015- present
• Instructs nursing students utilizing a online learning management system in an Associate Degree Nursing program
• Advise students on study skills for learning in the online environment
• Prepares nurses for transition in to professional practice
• Collaborates with other faculty to improve student outcomes for success in the program
- Nursing Educator at Excelsior College
- Lead faculty at Ellis School of Nursing
- at Harford Community College
- Registered Nurse at Harford Community College
4 years at this Job
- PhD - Public Health
- Masters of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associates in Science
Adjunct Nursing Professor Montefiore School of Nursing Nursing Supervisor in Peri-Operative Unit My duties include management and education of the OR nurses and personnel Adjunct Clinical Nursing Educator for Montefiore School of Nursing Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects Actively participate competencies for nursing students and Mt. Vernon Staff Utilizes evidence-based nursing care instruction in perioperative area Collaborates with multiple professionals for the management of patient care
- Perioperative Nursing Supervisor/ Nursing Educator at Montefiore Medical Center
- Registered Nurse PACU at Montefiore Medical Center
- Practicum Adjunct Nursing Professor at Mercy College
- Pacu Registered Nurse / Ambulatory Surgical Nurse at Westchester Medical Center
7 months at this Job
- MSN - Education
- AAS - Nursing
Khamis Mushait, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
JCI and CBAHI accredited
March 22, 2015 to Present
Charge Nurse/ Unit Nursing Educator (Operating Theater)
• Ensuring patients safety and privacy when they are in the vicinity of the operating department.
• Provides quality and effective nursing care to every patient.
• Upholding the institutions mission and vision, policies and procedures.
• Assisting the surgeons during the operations.
• Doing the inventory in the operating theaters instruments, equipments and disposables.
• Make requisitions of stocks and implants every end of the week to make sure the availability of stocks the following week.
• Assigning staff in every scheduled case of the day.
• Conducting lectures to the newly hired staff assigned in the Operating Theater and refreshing lectures to old staffs. ❖ Selected Cases/ Procuderes Handles:
➢ Neuro Surgery: Laminectomy, Discectomy, Laminectomy & Discectomy with fixation, cervical discectomy with fixation, craniotomy, craniectomy, meningioma excision, VP Shunt insertion, External Ventricular Drainage Insertion
➢ Orthopedic Surgery: ACL reconstruction, PCL reconstruction, Knee Arthroscopy, Shoulder Arthroscopy, Ankle Arthroscopy, IM nailing of Femur and Tibia, ORIF of Long Bones and Short Bones, Close Reduction Percutaneous Pinning, Arthroplasty
➢ General Surgery: Lap. Cholecystectomy, Lap. Appendectomy, Lap. Hernioplasty, Lap. Sleeve Gastrectomy, Exploration Laparotomy, Gastrostomy, Jejunostomy, Colonostomy, thyroidectomy
➢ Pediatric Surgery: herniorrhaphy, Orchiodopexy, Exploration Laparotomy, Lap. Gastrotomy
➢ Uro Surgery: TURP, TURBT, Nepherectomy, Varicoceletomy, URS with Double J insertion, Hydrocelectomy, Operative Urethroscopy,
➢ Plastic Surgery: Abdominal Liposuction, Abdominoplasty, Breast Liposuction, Breast Augmentation, Skin Grafting for large, medium and small area, Cleft left and Cleft Palate repair, Bat Ear repair
➢ ENT: Adenotonsillectomy, G and T-Tube insertion, Septoplasty, Bilateral Turbinectomy, Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, tracheostomy, rhinoplasty
➢ Maxillo-Facial Surgery
- Charge Nurse/ Unit Nursing Educator (Operating Theater) at Al Hayat National Hospital
- Staff Nurse (Operating Room) at Massara Hospital
- Staff Nurse (Operating Room) at Adela Serra Ty Memorial Medical Center
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Pre- and Post-Opt Nurse at Woodburn Endoscopy Center
- Pre- and Post-Opt Nursing/Charge Nurse at Virginia Hospital Center
- Home health nurse at Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden County
- at CVPH Medical Center
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- A.A.S. - Nursing
- A.A.S. - Credentials/Membership
Clinical Educator for Health Care Providers and Patients with Long term injectables
- Nursing Educator at Ashfield Healthcare
- at Mental Health Network
- Pediatric Home Care Supervisor of Direct Caregivers and Case Management at Middlesex County
- Substitute School Nurse at Middlesex County
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associates of Science in Nursing - Entrepreneurial Activities /Sales
Educator of the ED and ancillary departments. Taught BLS, HeartSaver, ACLS, PALS, and TNCC to employees. Implemented HeartCode as an adjunct to classroom AHA courses Assisted with the move of a Hospital from Belleville to Ofallon and trained all employees
- Nursing Educator at St Elizabeth's Hospital
- Special Events and Community Outreach at St Louis University Hospital
- ED staff nurse at St Louis Children's Hospital
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MSN Nursing - Nursing
- BSN - Nursing
- - Pre-Nursing
Collaboratively ensured the overall function and integrity of nursing services in the NICU with emphasis on neonatal outcomes. Develop, implement, and assess educational programs and their outcomes including an extremely low birthweight protocol, IVH prevention bundle and use of midline catheters in the neonatal population. Regional trainer for Mercy Sacramento's Neonatal Resuscitation Program and lead S.T.A.B. L.E. instructor. Establish and routinely assesses performance criteria through a formal orientation and competency program. Routine liaison between healthcare team members including physicians, administration, case management, developmental specialist, as well as other Dignity Health facilities. Coordinates and communicates clinical practice changes as well as develops and implements new practice guidelines based on the best available research and evidence. Coordinate the development and implementation of standards, policies, and procedures that promote the mission of Perinatal Services. Sits on the Neonatal Joint Practice Committee, Pediatrics Committee, Clinical Leadership Committee, Policy and Procedure Committee, NICU Unit Council and Regional Perinatal Committee. Actively participates in root cause analysis. Able to audit patient records for quality improvement and risk assessment using Risk Trigger Monitoring. Consult as an outcomes manager
- Clinical Nursing Educator at Mercy San Juan Medical Center
- Staff RN - NICU Level III at Mercy San Juan Medical Center & Methodist Hospital
- Aesthetic RN at Derma Med Spa
- Clinical Specialist at Ethicon BioPatch Product
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - HIV Counseling
• Leading the development and implementation of CMA/RN educational modules/program
• Develop and provide orientation and competency assessment to promote standardized clinical work flows, optimal patient care and outcomes, safety workflow, and infection prevention
• Perform and document annual competency assessment of clinical staff (CMA, LPN, RN) across all practices
• Conduct site visits at various practices to assess competencies and infection prevention of clinical staff
• Serve as a resource/mentor to newly hired CMAs, LPNs, and RNs and follow up on any practice issues
• Assist in review, development, and implementation of AMG-wide policies
• Meet quality goals: patient experience, care coordination, preventive care, chronic care, reducing patient harm Information Services & Support Livingston, NJ
- Nursing Educator, Quality at Atlantic Health System
- VOLUNTEER/MEMBER SERVICE at Association of Women's Health
- Epic Credentialed Trainer at ClinDoc/Stork
- Shared Governance Representative at Overlook Medical Center
4 months at this Job
- Master of Health Administration - Health Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Cum Laude - Accelerated Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Psychology
Interim Assistant Nurse Manager
• Development of competencies and skills for clinical staff.
• Collaborate with other educators in regards clinical program content.
• Development and Instructor of Cardiology 101.
• Instrumental on Telemetry Task Force Team.
• Prepare new RN grads for floor orientation with positive preceptors.
• Training and development of new Nurses and Nursing Assistants to Wellstar organization.
• Ensuring licensure and organization requirements are maintained
• Resolve and Investigates patient incident report
• Instrumental in payroll, staffing and disciplinary actions.
• Coordinate training program for Kennesaw State University Nursing Students.
- Professional Nursing Educator at Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
- OR Charge/Preceptor Nurse (part-time) at Northside Hospital
- CVOR / Thoracic Nurse (Contract) at Emory University Hospital
- CVOR / O.R. Charge Nurse at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Nursing
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
Infection Control and Prevention Team Leader Nursing Educator providing monthly, and as needed, in-services Risk Management Team Leader Occupational Health Liaison Acting DON/Administrator in the event of their absence Proficient in providing patient care in the event of low nurse attendance
- Assistant Director of Nursing at Brookside Rehab & Nursing Center
- Nuclear Stress Testing Nurse at Caring Angels Home Health
- Clinical RN at Caring Angels Home Health
- RN/Case Manager at Mid Atlantic Home Health
5 months at this Job