Review all amenorrhea labs and ultrasounds. Obtain a past medical and family history of the patient. Educate OB patients on the birthing process, cord blood banking, and how to maintain a healthy pregnancy. Answering any questions and concerns of the patient. Schedule all appointments and vaccines needed during pregnancy. Implement the plan of care. Assess the patient's needs and chart. Assist with any emergency care. Explain to the patients the necessity and effect of all treatments, procedures and medications. Communicate with the Physicians to ensure excellent patient care. Assist fellow staff members.
- OB Nurse Educator at Hackensack Meridian Health
- LPN Staff Nurse at ESI Medical - NJ
- Portfolio Marketing Manager at William Grant and Son
- LPN Charge Nurse, Charge Nurse at St. Peters University Hospital
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate of Science
- - Nursing
Perform all initial OB education and order placement for prenatal care. Phone triage/assessment for all antepartum and postpartum patients. Management of all referrals and consults for care collaboration with other specialty providers for our antepartum and postpartum patients. Review and management of care for reports and implementation of orders for OB patients. Manage and review NST appointments.
- OB Nurse Educator/Triage at Kennestone OBGYN
- RN Labor and Delivery at Kennestone Regional Medical Center
- RN Labor and Delivery at
- Registered Nurse Cardio/Pulmonary Step Down Unit at Kennestone Regional Medical Center
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - Nursing
• Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate formal and informal educational opportunities and materials for patients and their families.
• Responsible for prenatal history & intake; Provide health promotion and counsel patients regarding prenatal care on an individual basis.
•Completes patient care requirements by assigning/delegating tasks to nursing staff; following up on work results.
•Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and educating staff on new procedures and policies.
•Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care team by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
• Develop patient/family educational packet and materials, work with the medical staff, and research the current literature to continuously update educational tools and materials.
• Educate obstetric patients and families about the perinatal period; Support and guide each patient and their family through the perinatal period by reinforcing education and coordinating information and care with a team of physicians and allied health care professionals.
• Serve as a clinical resource/consultant to provide answers to questions pertinent to area of practice and/or determine appropriate resources for patients.
• Prepare and administer injections; Prepare patients for procedures and assists in office procedures as needed.
• Review and enter patient medical records from paper to the Electronic Medical Record in order to facilitate patient transfers to OB practice.
• Develop collaborative working relationships with Obstetricians and administration to assess and plan patient/family education. Routinely participate in conferences to determine best practice for the perinatal patient.
• Coordinate initial prenatal appointments, orient patients to OB practice.
• Triage prenatal patient phone calls; Interpret patient information and make critical decisions about needed actions. Answer questions as appropriate and serve as liaison to the physician for additional questions and concerns.
- OB Nurse Navigator at Princeton Medical Group
- OB Nurse at Princeton Medical Group
- Clinical Experience at Medical Surgical-Raritan Bay Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing- in Progress
- Associate - Nursing
OB Triage RN. Manage all OB patients incoming phone calls for triage. Coordinate patient care with high risk physicians, specialists (i.e cardiology, neurology). Manage Patients through pregnancy and postpartum. Educate patients on pregnancy, pregnancy complications, gestational diabetes, breastfeeding and infant care.
- OB Nurse at Women's Physicians of Jacksonville - Division of North FL OB/GYN
- RN at Baptist Medical Center
- RN at Florida Institute
- RN at Jacksonville Center
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
• Provided safe, effective and costumer friendly nursing care by using population sensitive techniques for the laboring woman, post partum magnesium, and those with hypertensive emergency.
• Managed care in a patient centered interdisciplinary environment at a magnet organization that aided in the optimal safe delivery of a healthy baby and simultaneously keeping the laboring mother safe.
• Critically analyzed, triaged and assisted high risk antepartum, laboring/preterm laboring, and post-partum women.
- OB Nurse at White Plains Hospital
- Full Time L&D OB RN at The Valley Hospital
- RN at Privatus Home Care Solutions, Greenwich, CT
- Per Diem RN at Connecticut Skin Institute
1 year at this Job
- BSN - Science of Nursing
- BA - Human Development
Assisted physicians in focus studies on subject of prenatal care. I evaluated patient care needs, prioritized treatment and maintained patient flow. Accurately documented all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications, discharge instructions and acted as patient advocate and implemented total patient care through a team nursing process covering 8-10 high risk obstetric patients. Cared for patients through the delivery process, newborn care, discharge, and follow-up care. Utilized strong assessment skills to determine necessary patient care. Partnered with team of Registered Nurses to ensure overall well-being of all patients. Coordinated with doctors and registered nurses to develop care plans for patients. Delivered high-quality and compassionate treatment to indigent and low-income patient community. Disciplined, energetic employee who quickly establishes rapport with patients and colleagues.
- Registered Nurse/OB Nurse at University Hospital
- Critical Care Float Nurse at Norton Children's Hospital
- Case/Unit Manager at The Good Samaritan Society
- Nurse Investigator at Kentucky Board of Nursing
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Public Health - Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Arts - Nursing
I retired 2 years ago, after working as a Nicu and High Risk OB Nurse. I spent 43 years in this occupation, and am looking for full time or part time employment as a receptionist or factory worker. I am in excellent health and love dealing with people. I am looking for a change from my present occupation or to work as a Nurse in a business or Clinic or doing Health Screenings for a Hospital or company. I am reliable, punctual and responsible. I have dealt with people all of my life and enjoyed my jobs. Worked early in life also for Michigan Bell and Illinois Bell Telephone Co.'s. Thank you.
- Registered Nurse at Indiana University Health
43 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing, Minor in Psychology
8. RN Resume
OB nurse providing care to patients in Labor and delivery, postpartum mother-baby care, C-sections, and performing NSTs.
- RN at Munson Healthcare
- RN-Progressive Care / Pediatrics at Spectrum Health
- RN Manager at Trinity Health- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Program Nurse, Pediatrics at Hope Network- DART Program
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Associate Degree - Nursing
Answer all incoming calls. Schedule all appointments for multiple Doctors and branches. Verify insurance/check eligibility. Scanning/bulk. Communicating with all providers to ensure proper treatment of patients. Handling emergent calls from Hospital in a timely and efficient way. Addressing medical records questions. Coordinate all initial OB patients with Ultrasound/OB Nurse/Doctor..
- Scheduler/Receptionist at North Dover OBGYN
- Patient Account Representative at Hackensack University Medical Center
- Patient Access Rep at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Patient Access Rep at Hackensack Meridian-Brick
at this Job
- Medical Office Specialist - EMR, Health Insurance, Terminology, Anatomy, Coding
Lakewood Ranch Medical Center - Lakewood Ranch, FL Cared for women including expectant mothers, post-operative gynecological patients, and post-operative patients who had undergone plastic surgery. Maintained JP drains and provided thorough and frequent assessments of patients in recovery. As an OB nurse, made appropriate interventions autonomously by reading and interpreting fetal heart monitors. Identified emergent situations and provided prompt intervention to ensure safe and appropriate care. Managed patients in the OR during cesarean deliveries and other gynecological procedures. Experienced in managing care during obstetric related hemorrhages and following associated protocols. Managed patient care during epidural placements. Prioritized care and needs of patients to be triaged. Liaised between patients and physicians to ensure patient comprehension of treatment plans. Performed basic physical assessments of newborns and infants. Prioritized care and needs of patients to be triaged. Provided and managed care for high risk antepartum patients. Provided and managed care for postpartum mothers and infants, including discharge testing of the newborn and parental teaching prior to discharge. Advocated for the use of skin to skin post delivery to promote implementation of evidenced based practice. Provided on-call care at all hours of day and night.
- Registered Nurse at Women's Center
- Registered Nurse- Case Manager at Intelicare
- Registered Nurse at Labor and Delivery
- Registered Nurse at Labor and Delivery
6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science