American Airlines, Inc., operating as American Airlines (AA), is a major U.S. airline and a subsidiary of AMR Corporation. American Airlines operates an extensive international and domestic network, with scheduled flights throughout North America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. Project Advocate: Advocate CRM is a Customer Management Tool responsible for tracking customer's Complaints, Compliment and resolving the same. This is a strategic system in American Airlines and is developed on Siebel, mainly for resolving the Complaints raised by its Customers across the globe. Responsibilities:
Oracle business intelligence (OBIEE)
• Interacted with business representatives for requirement analysis and to define business and functional specifications
• Actively interacted with project managers & team members to discuss timely deliverables, project status & documented technical specifications from functional specifications in reporting point of view.
• Designed and developed RPD using OBIEE Server Admin Tool by importing the required objects (Dimensions and Facts) with integrity constraints into Physical Layer , developed drill-down Hierarchies & Logical Facts /Measures objects in BMM layer and Created Presentation Catalogs in Presentation Layer.
• Customized OBIEE repository by adding custom columns and tables using BI administration tool for Service Analytics tables like S_SRV_REQ , S_CONTACT, S_SR_CON, S_SRV_REQ_XM and used some additional CX tables , which covers business functionality.
• Worked on Answers to build Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities.
• Based on the User's requirement, developed many Reports/Dashboards with different views (Drill-Down, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column selector, Tabular with Filters) using OBIEE Presentation services.
• Implemented dynamic dashboard prompts to zoom into particular segments of the business in a performance - optimized manner.
• Configured IBOTS in all the environments to send Alerts and email's.
• Worked on Automation of report's package (Dashboard) to Non-obiee users using IBOTS.
• Used Time Series Functions and developed various calculation Measures for Comparison of Complaints, Miles, Boarding's and Points.
• Implemented Data Level Security for Non-Obiee Users by creating Variables and Initialization Blocks.
• Based on USER's requirement, worked on Informatica ETL mappings and populated the new columns into OBIEE Analytics.
• Having hands on experience in Informatica Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
• Performed the Security management for users, groups and web-groups using the various authentication systems.
• Enhance performance by Creating Aggregate tables, Indexes and managing Cache after Benchmarking performance tuning strategies with business model-level calculations versus database level pre-computations and aggregations.
• Involved in the Cache Management to improve the overall system performance. Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1, BI APPS 188.8.131.52, Siebel 184.108.40.206 , Informatica PC 8.6, Solaris 10, Oracle 11g , Windows server 2003 , SQL Developer.
- OBIEE Developer at American Airlines Inc
- Oracle BI Apps (OBIA) consultant at Amazon.com Inc
- Oracle BI Apps (OBIA) consultant at Citigroup
- Siebel Analytics Consultant at Dish Networks
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer and Science Engineering
DHA – TRICARE Project
From April 2016 –August 2017 (Softec Inc)
From August – October 2017 (Varen)
From October 2017 – July 2018 (OST)
From July 2018 – Present (DCCA) Summary: Currently on a project with TRICARE, a health care program for uniformed service members, retirees, and their families around the world. TRICARE provides comprehensive coverage to all beneficiaries, including: Health plans. OBIEE Platform Solutions was implemented for providing interactive Dashboard access to strategic business information on services. This Project is involved in reconciliation and validation Financial and Pharmacy Data.
• Presently responsible for 3 different projects (PRDM, ORDM & FRDM).
• Responsible for gathering reporting and analysis requirements, and documenting reporting specifications.
• Responsible for the data analysis, design, development and implementation of the RPD (all layers) Physical, Business, and Presentation
• Responsible for solution design and development activities across the components of OBIEE Including Oracle BI Answers, Oracle BI Interactive Dashboards, Oracle BI Publisher and Oracle BI Delivers
• Responsible for all application execution performance tuning
• Starting and shutting down OBIEE servers using both UNIX and Windows.
• Strong experience in the design of customized interactive dashboards using drill down, guided navigation, prompts, filters, and variables
• Strong experience in using BI Answers to creates queries, format views, charts to support an interactive / dynamic user experience
• Technical developer responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, support, migrating, and documentation of OBIEE platform
• Experience in managing security through creation of users and groups and giving users access to different reports per their respective groups.
• Ability to effective multi-task and perform in a fast-paced changing environment
• Work in a team environment, independently under minimal direction
• Effective interpersonal communications and team player when working with business SME's, crossfunctional IT teams and software vendors
• Interact with quality assurance teams and users as needed for OBIEE solutions
• Support of Oracle BI Server, BI Presentation Server, BI Administration tool, Enterprise Manager
• Assisted with the 12c Upgrade
- OBIEE Developer at DHA – TRICARE Project working for DCCA
- OBIEE Developer at Georgia Perimeter College
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
• Designed, developed, modified and implemented reports using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE 11g)
• Lead Reports developer for Finance team with heavy emphasis on regulatory reporting
• Worked closely with the CFO who was responsible for managing over 8-billion-dollar education budget
• Developed Budget Transaction and Appropriation reports for the financial managers from SWIFT Data Warehouse.
• Created a Database Instance for MicroStrategy and added all the tables, table prefixes and updated the table structure required for the Project.
• Collaborated with the department heads and teams to develop oversight reports in OBIEE for Quarterly & annual State & Federal regulation test
• Production support for live transactions from the source systems
• Built three Financial Dashboards with over 120 financial reports including state and federal regulatory reports, AP, AR, GL, & Acquisition reports.
• Provided guidance for best practices to other OBIEE development team
• Analyzed and developed custom reports for Financial Controllers that included Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Budget Vs Actuals, and P & L
• Facilitated and captured operational and analytical reporting requirements in support of the OBIEE implementation.
• Facilitate requirement gathering sessions with the business stakeholders to demonstrate features and functionality of the OBIEE and BI Publisher platform
• Collaborated with business areas and data owners to effectively design and develop OBIEE and BI publisher reports
- OBIEE Developer at AMK Global IT Solutions, Inc
- Developer at OBIEE
- Developer at OBIEE
- Developer at OBIEE
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science
• Experience on OBIEE 12.2 and PL/SQL, Teamtrack, Telnet and SQL Developer.
• Implemented OBIEE 11G to 12C Upgrade.
• Updated and enhanced current analytic tools.
• Designed data warehouse mappings.
• Created numerous data models to help the report building process from multiple data sources.
• Developed Metadata repository (.rpd), configured metadata the Business Model Layer & Physical Data Model and Web Catalog Objects as per the reporting requirements using OBIEE Admin and Web tool.
• Converted metadata views to Table views.
• Configured and maintained OBIEE Delivery Agents to deliver Scheduled Reports to user group.
• Wrote SQL statement to create new tables, update existing tables.
• Created Tableau metrics using Excel as data source.
• Created analysis reports comprising of graph views, column selectors and view selectors.
• Migrated development from the Development Environment to the Production Environment using Catalog manager and Archive and Unarchive functionality in Analytics Catalog folder. Tableau Responsibilities
• Created Tableau metrics using Excel as data source.
• Developed Dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, sets and actions in Tableau.
• Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
• Assisted in strategic business decision making through detailed analytics, insights and Real-Time reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and financial results
• Performed analysis and testing of reporting results from large data sets to be used for ad-hoc reporting
• Troubleshoot Tableau Server issues and explaining Tableau Server functionality to business users.
- OBIEE Developer at Inventory Locator Services
- OBIEE Reports Developer at Department of Homeland Security
- Senior OBIEE/Tableau Developer (Remote Role) at Cisco Systems
- Lead OBIEE Developer at OBIEE
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BA Hons in Business Studies & ICT - Business Studies & ICT
• Interacted with the end users for requirement gathering and defined requirement specifications document by access and retrieval of financial data from one single source.
• Participated in upgrade activities and provide valuable information to CM team for successful upgrade.
• Identified & Created Facts, Dimensions, and Hierarchies of the business model.
• Developed Segment Value Detail, Work Order Detail and OGA Repositories (RPD) by importing metadata into Physical Layer, applied Business rules in the Business Modeling and Mapping layer and created customized user views in the Presentation layer.
• Created Catalog Groups and set permissions for items in the presentation catalog and privileges and rights to users and groups.
• Configured Interactive Dashboard with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters, Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects.
• Applied Cascading Prompts and Multi Level Prompts on Dashboards.
• Identified issues, performance bottlenecks, and optimized the Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports.
• Developed different kinds of reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local Filters.
• Wrote Custom SQL Codes for the reports.
• Applied Optimization Techniques for the better performance of the reports.
• Involved in Monitoring and Scheduling different process flows using Oracle Work Flow Manager.
• Used external tables to Transform and Load data from Flat files into target tables.
• Used Debugger to validate Mappings by creating break points to analyze and monitor Data flow.
• Trained End Users and Pilot Users about OBIEE Tools. Environment: OBIA, OBIEE 10g/11g, ODI 10g/11g, Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6, Power Exchange 8.1, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Erwin, MS SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, Hyperion
- Sr, OBIEE Developer at OBIEE
- Sr. OBIEE Developer at OBIEE
- Developer at OBIEE
- Developer at OBIEE
2 years, 1 month at this Job
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
• Involved in all major aspects of Oracle BIEE development, Oracle BI repository configuration, security administration, web catalog, Dashboard and report development, delivers.
• Analyzed the requirements and developed the technical documents. Identified the stars (Dimensions/Facts) that need to be populated and created new workflows and mappings in Informatica based on the requirements.
• Created and customized Oracle BI metadata in the analytics repository with OBIEE Administration Tool.
• Designed Schemas using Fact, Dimensions, Physical, Logical, Alias and Extension tables in OBIEE Administrator tool.
• Modified the existing Business Layer to add more Dimensions in the OBIEE Administration Tool.
• Created Dashboards using Analytics requests and assign Permissions to those dashboards to users depending on their user group.
• Experience in setting up a Multi-User Development Environment (MUDE).
• Worked on integrating and configuring BI Publisher with OBIEE.
• Worked on the testing and validating the Repository.
• Created various analytic reports using Global and Local filters..
• Customized the login page and dashboards using style sheets and XML files.
• Developed several Procedures and Database Triggers as per Business requirement.
• Responsible for Unit and System Testing and performed Data Validation for all the reports that are generated from Presentation Services. Environment: OBIEE 220.127.116.11 /, Informatica, BI Publisher, Oracle 11g, SQL developer, Toad, Tortoise SVN, Windows 7, Windows 2008, Linux, Agile.
- OBIEE Developer at XL Insurance
- OBIEE Developer at Citi Group
- OBIEE Developer at Citi Group
- OBIEE Developer at BNY Mellon
3 years, 6 months at this Job
Project Description: The project aims to build a critical data store to meet the critical reporting needs of users across different business streams. Designed risk management analytics data mart using ODI, developed repository and risk analysis reports using OBIEE Responsibilities:
• Worked on the development of the Answers for the different executive dashboards.
• Developed Solution Designs and delivered to Development team after reviewing the solutions with Business.
• Actively involved in Administration activities (Repository and Catalog Migration from Dev to QA and QA to Prod environments, Security Setup and Installation setup)
• Developed OBIEE Data Marts (Ad hoc Reporting) for different clients based on the different business logics.
• Involved in OBIEE 10g to OBIEE 11g upgrade for both Repository and Catalog and ensure all the reports and dashboards running on OBIEE 10g is up and running on OBIEE 11g.
• Involved in patch upgrade of OBIEE 11g.
• Implemented security by creating users & groups, setting up External Table Authentication, creating Session Variables and Initialization Blocks and associated catalog objects and web modules with the created groups.
• Implemented Financial Analytics, Supply chain, Procurement and Spend Analytics.
• Integrated data from Finance and other enterprise systems and transformed data using ODI (ETL)
• Managed and customized the ETL ODI loads, RPD and Web catalog metadata according to the reporting needs of the client.
• Designed the collections for AR Transactions, Claims, Disputes, Cash On Account, Credit Memo, Receipts at Risk information using Oracle BI.
• Designed the Month End Closing Mechanism for Accurate Finance Reporting of AR Credit using Oracle BI
• Assisted in setting up in ETL Solution to bring the data from Source system (AS400/SQL Server) to Oracle Data ware house.
• Used Heterogeneous sources in ODI like flat files and Oracle apps tables.
• Customized Dashboard pages like Overview, Asset usage, Financial Structure, Liquidity, GL Balance, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet in General Ledger Dashboard.
• Designed and developed mapping Interfaces using Oracle Data Integrator and directly pulling the data from AS400/DB2 and converting into RDBMS format.
• Worked on ODI Designer for designing the interfaces, defining the data stores, interfaces and packages, modifying the ODI Knowledge Modules (Reverse Engineering, Journalizing, Loading, Check, Integration, Service) to create interfaces to cleanse, Load and transform the Data from Sources to Target databases, created mappings and configured multiple agents as per specific project requirements.
• Created ODI Packages, Jobs of various complexities and automated process data flow.
• Used ODI Operator for debugging and viewing the execution details of interfaces and packages. Environment: OBIEE 18.104.22.168, OBIEE Financial Analytics 22.214.171.124, Essbase 9, Oracle EBS R12.1.1, Informatica 8.6, DB2 UDB (8.x and 7.x), Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.7, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP.
- OBIEE Developer at Bank of America
- Senior OBIEE Consultant at
- Sr. OBIEE Developer at Financial analytics, HR analytics
- OBIEE Consultant at Amazon
1 year, 1 month at this Job
• Migrated all reports from BIEE 10G to BIEE 126.96.36.199.6
• Closely worked with users, Business Analyst, Program manager to get requirements and clarifications about new changes to the current reports, business objectives and user requirements.
• Created different lookup reports like Account lookup, Single Deal look up reports for debugging issues for manager, Analyst and users as well.
• Closely worked on IBM Data pro and Oracle Flexcube to understand Business Transactional data
• Installed OBIEE and Oracle 11g in Windows Professional Environment and configured them for the end users.
• Developed Dashboards reports for Core Banking system, Accounting, Audit, Risk, Controlling, Derivatives and other different departments of Banking.
• Worked and Administered the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer in BI Repository .rpd using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
• Developed many Reports/Dashboards with different BI Views Pivot Table, Chart, View Selector, and Column Selector, with global local Filters using Oracle Bl Analytics Web.
• Created Filters and provided customized prompts appropriately to avoid excessive data.
• Created Users, Groups and giving the permissions in OBIEE Administration Tool and verifying the Permissions of the users in OBIEE web.
• Performed Tuning of Dashboards/Reports by aggregate navigation, and cache management.
• Responsible for unit testing, integration testing of the reports generated using BI analytics.
• Involved in the migration of catalog from Dev to QA and Production and providing permissions and access to the end users.
• Supported the Business with the publishing of daily and weekly reports, fixing the codes and bugs, designing the layouts. Environment: OBIEE 10g, OBIEE 188.8.131.52.6, Oracle 10g, IBM data pro, Oracle Flex cube, SQL, PL-SQL, TOAD 9.5, Informatica 9.0, MS-Excel
- OBIEE Developer at TD Bank, New Jersey
- OBIEE/OBIA Developer at Fidelity Investments
- OBIEE Administrator at Charles Schwab Corporation
- OBIEE/OBIA Developer at Regions Bank
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Experience in analysis and gathering of requirements of the various work streams by meeting with the business user and base lining the details that define business and functional specifications.
• Experience in data analytics, analysing incoming data into the system and projecting them with different views/reports to meet the business needs or enhance the business requirements.
• Developed and tested RPD (Physical, BMM and Presentation Layer), configured metadata objects and web catalog objects as per the client and reporting requirements using OBIEE Admin Tool and Web tool.
• Under network team leadership, able to manage, schedule and co-ordinate the implementation of different deliverables with IT development Team to deliver the business requirements on time with minimum downtime.
• Created hierarchies, variables, and event poll strategies in the repository.
• In detail analysis of the requirements to provide the best possible solution on reports/dashboards using wide range of different analytic views (drill-down/dynamic, cascading style sheets, pivot table, chart, column selector, tabular with global and local filters and prompts) that are part of OBIEE Answers/Dashboard.
• Successfully delivered many BI-Publisher reports (with & without parameters) by choosing the suitable layout using BI-Office (BI Publisher plug-in for MS-Word).
• Implemented Charting, Conditional Formatting, Filter, Sort, Hide, Formulas and Functions, Rich text formatting, multiple table and forms layout and Bar Coding for various reports in BI Publisher.
• Designed and developed BI-Publisher Reports Layouts using BI-Publisher Desktop using sample xml data source & Answers request as data source and Deployed on to the BIP Server.
• Used repository variables to dynamically modify conversion values for logical column formulas.
• Implemented security by creating roles & web groups, checks with external tables and LDAP, and Object Level Security.
• Implemented data level security depending on roles.
• Setup the visibility of dashboards to employees with respect to their responsibilities. Administered permissions and privileges for dashboard visibility and modifications to users based on their groups or responsibilities.
• Customized the look and feel (Skins & Styles) for OBIEE products (Answers Login Page, Banners, CSS files, etc.) as per company specific standards.
• Developed new dashboards on the business needs, implemented dynamic column naming and dynamic logo which is driven through DB tables. Displaying logo depends on user credentials.
• Participated in installation of OBIEE 11g on LINUX Red hat 5 and worked closely in resolving the issues with installation.
• Upgraded OBIEE 10g repository and catalog using OBIEE 11g upgrade assistant tool and customized OBIEE 11g repository.
• Created application roles for the Weblogic EM for the respective AD groups and used application roles for object level security.
• Prepared Migration document for all the environments and did production support.
• Configured various server configuration files from Enterprise Manager to meet the requirements.
• Involved in training of AD hoc users in UAT.
• Implemented Row level security in repository using filters and object level security and assigned privileges according to the AD groups.
• Implemented Dynamic column formula according to the dashboard prompt.
• Created the OBIEE environment for migration between DEV box, QAT box and Prod box over Linux and Windows.
• Tested and migrated code over Dev, QA and Production of Repository, Dashboard Reports and OWB mappings and workflows.
• Debugged & modified some of the existing reports and dashboards, and fixed issues related to performance, data quality etc., during production support.
• Monitor logs by setting log level and debugged reports issues by understanding the SQL queries behind them (used TOAD to run these SQL queries)
• Performed unit, integration, and regression testing to validate report and mapping functionality.
• Worked closely with users, developers and administrators to resolve ongoing production problems by reviewing design changes made to production systems and made corresponding changes to OBIEE repository.
- OBIEE Developer at Techno labs Inc
- OBIEE Developer at Techstar Consulting Inc
- OBIEE Developer at Mifi Systems, Inc
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Masters - TX, USA
- - Technology
Description: Department of Revenue of State of Indiana deals with all the revenue processes and procedures for the State of Indiana. I am working on the Amnesty project with this organization. The Amnesty project is being implemented so that taxpayers can get the privileges of clearing all their past tax liabilities with State of Indiana without paying penalties. The tax payers need to pay only the base tax. I am working as an OBIEE developer for developing dashboards for this project.
• Gather business requirements and created time/deadline schedules for the Amnesty project by coordinating with Business Analysts and data warehousing team members.
• Attended meetings with enterprise architects, DBAs and data warehouse team to understand, design, configure and implement overall solutions for OLAP and OLTP databases, etc.
• Coordinated with various teams and 3rd party vendors for implementing the dashboards by attending brain storming sessions.
• Understood ETL process by coordinating with data warehouse team members.
• Created new connection pools in physical layer for new schemas.
• Worked with star and snowflake schemas at physical and logical level based on the data models created by data modeling team.
• Identified facts and dimensions while performing dimensional modeling along with data warehousing team.
• Imported new tables in physical layer in RPD and created alias tables for the new tables.
• Built start schema model in RPD at the Physical level by joining fact table with various dimension tables.
• Created a new business model by joining fact table to dimension tables by performing inner and right outer joins.
• Created new logical tables, LTSs and logical columns in BMM layer by using complex case statements.
• Created calculation measures from other existing logical columns using functions in expression builder.
• Created complex hierarchies, level based measures in BMM layer for use in drilling down in end reports.
• Created initialization blocks and variables using variable manager.
• Used time series functions like AGO, TODATE and PERIODROLLING for creating time series measures.
• Assisted in developing test cases for new reports.
• Created new subject areas, presentation tables and presentation columns in presentation layer.
• Renamed and ordered presentation columns in presentation tables.
• Built SQL queries of reports developed in OBIEE so that QA can test and verify reports.
• Created pie charts in Analytics for displaying statistics of payments received from taxpayers.
• Created table views and pivot table views in Analytics for displaying number of tax payers and payments made by taxpayers through payment plans and one time payments.
• Created table views using case statements for displaying counts of liabilities and tax amount received by county and state.
• Created table view for displaying taxpayer information based on number of delinquent payments, amount of delinquent payments due in tax and due dates of payment plans.
• Created reports in analytics with new columns having complex case statements.
• Created analyses having complex filters with complex case statements.
• Created dashboard prompts for filtering data at the report and dashboard levels.
• Formatted reports by understanding requirements of end users such color, font size, conditional formatting, etc.
• Created complex reports and dashboards having drill down capabilities to other reports, web pages, etc.
• Created dashboards and placed all developed reports on various dashboard pages.
• Created KPIs and KPI watch lists according to end user demands.
• Created agents to schedule content delivery (such as reports) to end users at specified time intervals.
• Created ad-hoc environments and trained end users on how to create ad-hoc reports.
• Involved in migrating RPD from DEV/UAT to Production using EM.
• Migrated reports from DEV/UAT to Production by archiving and unarchiving objects and inheriting properties.
• Involved in creating Users and Groups using OBIEE Admin console.
• Involved in assigning roles/privileges to Users and Groups in EM.
• Assigned security privileges for reports so that specific users/groups can access reports that are required for them using object level security, assisted in implementing data level security and cache management.
• Involved in system maintenance for reports in production by looking at raised tickets from end users and resolving issues.
• Quickly resolved and troubleshot issues in production so that users can have access reports continuously without disruption.
• Extracted back end queries from Manage sessions in Administration.
• Created documentation for all developed reports in analytics and for RPD development.
• Created data models in BI publisher.
• Created list of values and parameters in BI publisher.
• Created new real time BI Publisher reports.
• Analyzed SQL queries for building reports in BI Publisher and OBIEE.
• Trained other team members in design and development of RPD and reports in OBIEE.
• Documented the complete development of RPD, reports and dashboards with detailed technical documentation. Environment: OBIEE 184.108.40.206.0/220.127.116.11.0, OBIEE 10g, BI Publisher, Toad for Oracle, SQL Developer, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Outlook.
- Sr OBIEE Developer at Department of Revenue
- Sr OBIEE Developer at BBVA Compass Bank
- OBIEE Developer at The Department of Human Services of the State of Georgia
- OBIEE Consultant at Vensai Technologies- IND
3 years, 9 months at this Job