Oncology infusion clinic RN Proficient in IV placement/port access Proficient in therapeutic phlebotomy’s Chemo certified Excellent time management skills Ability to communicate effectively with patients and management
- Oncology RN at Hartford Hospital
- Staff Nurse at CONNECTICUT CHILDREN'S MEDICAL CENTER
10 months at this Job
- BS Business Administration
• RN with a 4-5 patient to nurse ratio on a 36 bed acute oncology unit
• Ensure the safety and well-being of my patients and anticipate their needs
• Proficient in safe medication handling and administration
• Thorough and comprehensive physical assessment skills
• Extensive and accurate patient charting
• Ensure detailed, patient specific education is taught clearly
• Therapeutic communication skills with staff and patients
- Oncology RN at Banner Gateway Medical Center
- Health Unit Coordinator at Banner Gateway Medical Center
- Stylist/Owner at Cedar's Sassy Salon
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Registered Nurse - Nursing
IV start, chemo adm, blood adm, ports, piccs, blood draw,bedside nsg, oncology inpatient
- Oncology RN at Morristown Medical Center
- field nurse at FAMILYFIRSTHOME-CARE
- RN at BARNABAS MEDICAL CENTER
14 years, 3 months at this Job
• The Treatment Suite Nurse is a registered nurse who provides direct patient care related to all aspects of physician ambulatory treatment administration including assessment in response to therapy, access device management, side effect and symptom management of treatment regimen. Responsibilities of a Treatment Suite Nurse also include:Perform aseptic admixture of chemotherapeutic and other medication agents for treatment administration.
• Provide direct patient care through patient assessment, treatment administration, access device management, side effect and symptom management and monitoring response to treatment regimen.
• Collaborates with physicians, nursing staff, clinical coordinator and the interdisciplinary team in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
• Provides teaching/education with the patient and their family to meet and support their desired outcomes as necessary.
• Serve as a conduit for education follow up and reinforcement between the physician, APP and Nurse Navigator.
• Performs all documentation requirements in the treatment suite including, but not limited to, medication lot numbers, patient care encounters, patient medication labeling, charge capture, incident reporting.
- Oncology RN at Oncology Hematology Care
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Telemetry Unit at Baptist Health
- Manager of Nursing Services, RN at Children's Home of Northern Kentucky
- Lead Treatment Suite Nurse at Oncology Hematology Care
2 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
- High School Diploma
GRIMES, IOWA Utilized large number of massage therapy techniques to appropriately address clients needs ranging from relaxation to treatment of injuries. BLANK CHILDRENS HOSPITAL/ Pediatric Hemotology/Oncology RN/General Pediatrics RN July 2000-October 2013, DES MOINES, IOWA Worked as a part of a multidisciplinary team to provide compassionate, professional care for children and their families. Administered oral and IV medicine including chemotherapy. Educated children and their families on disease process and disease prevention. Coordinated patient care in fast pass environment. ㅡ
- Oncology RN/General Pediatrics RN at BLANK CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associates degree in Nursing - Nursing
• Primary nurse for Oncology Colorectal department
• Educate patients and families on disease process of colorectal cancer and preoperative instructions.
• Assist physician during physical exams and flex sigmoidoscopy procedures.
• Triage patient phone calls and refer to physician as appropriate.
• Administer medications as prescribed by physician.
• Document patient assessments and finding in EMR (Cerner).
- Oncology, RN at Baptist Medical Center
- Gastroenterology, RN at Mayo Clinic
- Medical Review Nurse, RN at Florida Blue
- Telemetry Nurse/Surgery Center, RN at St. Vincent's Hospital
11 months at this Job
- BSN - RN, Registered Nurse
- Associate Science of Nursing - Nursing
Primary care, assessment, evaluation of hematology/oncology and medical-surgical patients; Council and educate patient and family members about disease process, medication, chemotherapy regimens, related precautions, lab testing, procedures, central line care; Liaison between patients and physicians to ensure patient comprehension of treatment plans; Administer IV therapies including blood products, chemotherapy, biotherapy, IVIG; Closely monitor for a variety of acute conditions and drug reactions; Carefully document progress of individuals participating in the Bone Marrow Transplant Program; Coordinate with physicians, pharmacies, and case managers to arrange for home health care and outpatient appointments; Instruct patient and family on proper discharge care; Utilized as "super user" during the rollout of EPIC, Memorial Health Care's current EHR system; Created and initiated a fall prevention program currently being used hospital-wide.
- Oncology RN at Memorial Hospital West
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Nursing
Provide direct patient care in an ambulatory clinic setting Collaberate with Oncologists specializing in adult genitourinary cancers Provide education to patient's and family members regarding their diagnosis and disease process and treatments Triage phone calls and messages with appropriate nursing/medical intervention Initiate IV's, access and de-access ports as needed, perform dressing changes and insert foley catheters Assist with scheduling infusions, radiation procedures, follow up visits and arranging home health/hospice care Researching patients medical records and procedures, communicating with other providers, pharmacists and agencies to implement plan of care ordered by physician
- ONCOLOGY RN at UAB The Kirklin Clinic at Acton Road -Hematology/Oncology
- FLOAT POOL PROCEDURE RN- SPECIAL RESOURCE TEAM at The Kirklin Clinic of UAB
- PREP AND RECOVERY RN at Grandview Medical Center
- PHASE 1 PACU RN at Trinity Medical Center
6 months at this Job
- Associates - Nursing
• Staff nurse on 32-bed surgical oncology & post-op orthopedic unit
• Frequently administered chemotherapy as member of chemo-certified staff
• Contributed oncology expertise to nurses new to specialty
• Rounded with and collaborated closely with other care team members
• Coordinated patient's care between disciplines
- Travel Oncology RN at Medical Solutions
- Oncology RN at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Admission Nurse at Duke University Health Systems
- Oncology RN at Duke University Hospital System
3 months at this Job
As an outpatient oncology clinic nurse, I work to coordinate patient appointments, assist patients during their clinic visits, access medports, answer patient phone calls on a database, and perform other administrative tasks. I am personally assigned to two oncology surgeons and a radiation oncologist.
- Outpatient Oncology RN at UK Markey Cancer Center
- Registered Nurse at McLaren Flint
- Registered Nurse at
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing