As an operating room assistant, I am to support my co-workers, the patient, and the entire OR to the best of my ability. I am to make sure I am in the room when the patient arrives to help the team with positioning and prep work for surgery. I work extensively with equipment used for all types of surgical procedures. I am responsible for setting up the rooms for the procedure by putting the correct tables/beds and equipment in the room. I am responsible for getting and setting up EGD and colonoscopes for laparoscopic procedures. I am also to make sure all warmers in the inner cores are the correct temperatures and are stocked with fluids (Saline, Sterile Water, Urologic solution, Lactated ringers, etc.) and blankets at all times. I am responsible for testing the defibrillators on the crash carts daily. I am also to help transport patients to pre-op for surgery. In between cases, I am to clean the OR and turn over anesthesia equipment for the next case.
- Operating Room Assistant at HCA/Largo Medical Center
- PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE at DIAGNOSTIC CLINIC MEDICAL THE GROUP
- Housekeeping, Maintenance at HAMPTON INN & SUITES
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
To maintain a sterile environment for the patient and surgical team before, during and after surgery. Before surgery, an assistant prepares the operating room by washing and sterilizing all surgical instruments and equipment using special cleaners known as germicides. The assistant then prepares the patient for surgery by washing, shaving and disinfecting incision sites. Finally, the assistant scrubs, gloves, masks and gowns the surgical team. During surgery, the operating room assistant may pass surgical instruments to the surgeon, cut sutures, apply dressings and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. After surgery, the assistant transports the patient to the recovery room and cleans the operating room for the next procedure.
- Operating room assistant at Northwestern Medicine
- Crew Supervisor at Family home restoration Inc
- Apprentice Carpenter at IWI Inc
- Apprentice Carpenter at Edon Construction Company Inc
10 months at this Job
1.)Maintains accurate, legible and confidential records. Completes documentation pertinent to patient medical record. 2.) Positions the patient on the operating room table. 3.) Responsible for Operating Room case preparation, set up, housekeeping and room turn-over. 4.) Provides instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures in an organized manner utilizing general instrument and surgeon preference cards. 5.) Assist OR/PACU in patient transport. 6.)Daily and weekly walk around 7.) Review core daily checklist and scanned to PESC share drive. 8.)Check fire extinguishers on a monthly basis 9.) Responsible for a variety of duties including direct patient care tasks under the direct supervision of the RN. 10.) Assist in pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative case activities at the direction of the MD/RN 11.) Awareness of safety plans; able to describe appropriate procedures 12.)Provides safe environment for patients in compliance with PESC policies and procedures 13.)Recognize and treat all patients, guests, and colleagues as customers, to actively support a culture of team work. Demonstrate effective teamwork. 14.) Establish and maintain an environment of effective communication enhancing trust, honesty and respect for our patients, guests and one another. 15 .) Constructively surface and deal with conflict in respectful and productive ways and demonstrate active listening skills and effective problem solving technique
- Operating Room Assistant at Yale New Haven Hospital - Saint Raphael Campus
- Waitress/Server at Forks & Fingers
- Patient service Associate at Yale New Haven Health Northeast Medical Group
- Administrative Assistant at Bridgeport Hospital
4 months at this Job
- Associate - Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Associate - Dental Hygiene
Operating Nurse Assistant Help and assist Nurses with any patients needs , and turning over rooms , set up or beds for surgeries , stock and transport patients from and to the surgery department. less.
- Operating Room Assistant at Honor Health Thompson Peak
- Patient Companion at HonorHealth
- Retail Sales Associate at Macys, Mervyn , Sam's Club, Ross, Frys ,
3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Attend to needs of the patient while inside the operating room
• Prepare and sterilize rooms before and after surgery
• Maintain instrument and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol
• Assist surgeons postioning patients for procedures
• Order/Maintain supplies for procedures
- Operating Room Assistant at Carolinas Health Care System
- Customer Service Associate at Wal-Mart
4 years at this Job
• Pulls cases in a timely manner according to physician preferences by providing necessary supplies and instruments for all cases.
• Handles sterile instruments and supplies according to established standards.
• Works closely with the specialty lead nurses, reps, and SPD to ensure the instrumentation needed for the cases are available.
• Experience with computer systems such as EPIC, McKesson, Microsoft, Outlook, etc.
• Anticipates the needs of the operative schedule and proactively provides the necessary clinical supplies and support to maintain and stock core areas.
• Trained to pull cases in every surgical service in the operating room, including general, orthopedic, neuro, vascular, bariatric, cardio thoracic, Da Vinci Robot, ENT, dental and plastic surgery.
• Communicates to nurse manager and team members of shortages, needed repairs, conflicts and problems. Maintains professional behavior under very stressful conditions.
• Responds to pages, requests, and room turnover in a timely manner. Sept.21,1994 Hospital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, Ct.
- Operating Room Assistant II at YNHH Saint Raphael Campus
- Cashier at YNHH Saint Raphael Campus
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics - Materials Management
- Associates in Applied Science in Food Service Management - Food Service Management
Assisted amd prepared patients for operating room. Provided support to nurses and surgical technicians in cnn operating rooms
- Operating Room Assistant at Mt Carmel
- Multi Skilled Technician, Surgery Scheduler at Genesis Healthcare System
- Administrative Assistant, Hemodialysis Technician at Premiere Kidney Center of Newark
- Dental Assistant at Affordable Dentures
8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Cleaned and evaluated room for patient before surgical procedure. Assisted maintaining the operating room with equipment's and supplies. Insured the proper handling of specimens and transport them to the Lab Moved patients to gurney if help needed after surgical procedures. Trained new Employees who are new to Operating Room
- Operating Room Assistant at UCSF Children's Hospital
- Housekeeper at UCSF Hospital
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school
October 2014-present Direct supervision of 45 Registered Nurses, Surgical Technologists, and Nursing Assistants for nursing care delivery in 10 OR suites Certified Mentor Operating Room Staff Nurse, Perioperative Education Coordinator Coordination of weekly staff education for 45 clinical employees with focus on maintaining and improving regulatory compliance, best practices, and concentrating on low volume/high risk items
- Operating Room Assistant Nurse Manager at Raymond G. Murphy Veterans Administration Hospital
- Perioperative Nurse Educator, ENT Coordinator, Staff Nurse-OR at Novant Health-Prince William Hospital
7 years at this Job
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice - Leadership and Management
- MSN - Nursing, Leadership and Management
- Diploma - Registered Nurse
Maintains cleanliness of operating rooms. Records and delivers specimens to lab. Transfer patients onto bed.
- Operating Room Assistant at Trinity Health of New England
- Army National Guard at
- Customer Service Associate at Target
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English
- Some college