As a Operating Room technician, I'm responsible for cleaning all trash and flat surfaces after surgeries and replacing supplies for the next surgery, putting away medical supplies, cleaning operating rooms at the end of the day, troubleshooting computers
- Operating Room Technician at Opthalmolgy Surgery Center of Dallas
- ARMY at Department of Defense/Department of the Army
- Operating Room technician at Opthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas
10 months at this Job
- High school
Performed as a member of the Operating Room team, in technical capacities of scrubbing on surgical cases. Assisted the Registered Nurse circulator, and acted as a resource person for the instrument aid and Operating Room service orderlies.
- Operating Room Technician at Swedish Covenant Hospital
- Customer Service Agent at American Airlines
- Beauty Consultant at Sephora
- Passenger Service lead Agent at Virgin Atlantic Airways
1 year at this Job
- Associates Degree In Applied Science - Surgical Technology
Provides assistance with direct patient care through collaboration with other health care professionals and under the direction of a registered nurse.
• Performs skills and procedures specific to the scrub role proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and procedures.
• Adheres to the principles of infection control in all aspects of the technician role.
• Clean, stocks and re-stocks rooms with supplies, tools and instruments at the beginning of each shift and between patients, or as needed. o Assembles, sets up and handles all surgical instruments in a safe manner. o Routinely checks all wrapped instruments for integrity and sterility and returns those not meeting standard. o Follows established protocol for the identification and repair of broken or malfunctioning instruments and specialty equipment. o Promptly informs L&D Charge Nurse and/or MCH Manager or other designee of equipment requiring repair; maintenance or replacement. o Cleans horizontal surfaces, floors and overhead lights in OR after each Cesarean Section. o Clean, stocks and organizes operating room shelves daily. Notifies appropriate person of shortages or problems. o Cleans, disinfects and sets up instrument tables for vaginal deliveries and cesarean births.
• Assists team members preoperatively in the organization of the OR, supplies and equipment for each procedure assigned.
• Anticipates the needs of the surgical team on critical and emergency situations. o Responds appropriately to critical and emergency situations as directed by the Registered Nurse, in a calm and efficient manner. o Follows surgical sequence, passing the correct instruments at the correct time. Assists in patient positioning as directed by circulating nurse or physician. o Utilizes and updates surgeons' preference list in preparing for current case, and makes accurate updates as indicated. Ensures supplies and equipment are organized, set up, and ready. o Performs correct instrument counts according to policy for sponges, needles, instruments, blades and syringes etc. o Remains in the OR to assist the surgical team after the arrival of the patient. o Assists OR team in transporting and transferring patients demonstrating safe procedures.
• Adheres to principles of sterile technique, and infection control in all aspects of the technician role according to policy and AORN standards. o Selects and wears personal protective equipment appropriate to task. o Follows policy and uses correct technique to perform surgical hand scrub (both brush and foam), gown and glove. o Establishes and maintains a sterile field for all surgical procedures. o Assists in maintenance of a Safe Anesthetic Environment. o Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique, hemostasis and surgical sequence. o Adheres to OR sterilization and disinfection policy for all instruments and specialty equipment. Adheres to OR policy for electrosurgical unit safety. o Properly handles specimens intra-operatively and for transportation o Demonstrates safe handling of infectious wastes (placenta) and contamination materials when handling and disposing of linen or trash according to policy. o Properly handles and places instruments in decontamination carriers after use.
• Performs clerical and support tasks as required. o Thoroughly completes and/or files documentation such as consent forms, records, labels, charts, identification badges, etc. o Communicates special needs to ancillary departments i.e., admitting, discharge, housekeeping etc. o Obtains information or supplies needed for special procedures as required. o Delivers or transports equipment, supplies, specimens and requisitions. o Books procedures. o Uses computer or fax machine as directed.
• Assists with various patient care tasks as required.
• Completes unit checklists during each shift.
• Interacts and copes effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma and illness.
• Participates in departmental performance improvement and training activities.
- Operating Room Technician - Labor & Delivery at University Hospital Case Medical Center
26 years at this Job
Responsible for the proper cleaning and uptake of surgical telescopes
● Proficient with setting up endoscopes, telescopes and HD cameras needed during surgical procedures
● Carefully transported scopes to the operating room and to the processing area
- Operating Room technician at Harlem Hospital
- Central processing tech at Morristown Medical Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate - Culinary arts
• Prepare operating rooms and instrumentation in advance of planned surgeries
• Assist doctors, nurses, and other operating room personnel during procedure
• Assist with robotic procedures
• Respond to surgeon requests for instruments during procedures
• Use knowledge of aseptic technique to maintain sterility of room and instruments
- Operating Room Technician at Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Pharmacy Technician at Wal-Mart
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Surgical Technology
• Maintain a sterile environment for the patient and surgical team before, during and after surgery (prepares the operating room by washing and sterilizing all surgical instruments and equipment using special cleaners and germicides.)
• Prepares the patient for surgery (greets patients and answers general questions, transport patient from various care areas to OR holding)
• Set up equipment (make sure the requested operating table is in room, cautery equipment, drills, and microscopes are accessible.)
• Follow proper procedures for lifting and positioning patient appropriately for specific procedures (supine, lateral, prone and positions.)
• Transport specimens removed during surgery to lab for analysis.
• Transport blood products needed for transfusion to operating room.
• Stocks and track supplies and order as needed.
• Serves as liaison for patients and surgeons to nursing staff (assisting in daily tasks so operations run smooth and orderly.)
- Operating Room Technician at Mercy Hospital
- Security Guard at Vanguard Security
14 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - Criminal Justice
- Bachelors of Science in Administration - Administration
• Assist surgeon in operating room with cataract surgery by passing instruments.
• Assist in turnover of operating room for next patient.
• Sterilize instrument by disinfecting and flash sterilizing.
• Operate sterilizer
• Perform routine checks on sterilizing machines.
• Assist in stocking and preparing for the next day.
• Take patient vitals and record data for later treatment
- Operating Room Technician/Instrument Technician at The surgery center at the Forum
- Customer relations/Housekeeper at Wrens cleaning
- Customer Service Representative at Burrell Behavioral Health
- Telecommunications Technician at Boone County Joint Communications
1 year at this Job
- Phlebotomy Technician Program
- - Certificate in Dental Assisting
- - General
Day surgery technician in general, obgyn, ortho, neuro cases.
- Operating Room Technician II at Willis Knighton Health System
- GI Technician II at Willis Knighton Health System
- Surgical Technician student at Christus Highland Hospital, Day Surgery Unit
- Surgical Technician student at Willis- Knighton Bossier Hospital, Day Surgery Unit
3 years at this Job
- Certified Surgical Technician - Surgery
on-call OB Tech * Specialties in Orthopedic, Vascular, General, Neurological, OB-GYN, and Urology Surgeries. * Anticipate Surgeon's need during operation and Perform instrument, sponge, and needle count. * Preparation of Surgical room and apply dressing to the patient's surgical side post-operatively * Perform accurate count before and after the surgery and maintain the sterility of the surgical field.
- Operating Room Technician at South Jersey Regional Medical Center
- OR Nurse at AtlantiCare medical Center
- SPD Technician at Atlantic Care Medical Center
12 years, 5 months at this Job
- - BSN
- - Surgical Technology
Richmond, VA *Knowledgeable and trained operative in the sterile field to sustain retraction and prep extremities. *Proficient in use of aseptic techniques used before and after surgical procedures. *Adequately prepare operating room for procedures with equipment and supplies for patient positioning. *Competently Function as Operating Room Technician according to AORN perioperative standards.
- Operating Room Technician at MEMORIAL REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- at DEPAUL MEDICAL CENTER
- at KINDRED HEALTHCARE, INC
- at PEDIATRIC SERVICES OF AMERICA
11 months at this Job
- - Surgical Technology
- - Nursing
- - Allied Sciences