NY, NY Operating Room Technician: Assist with scrubbing and surgical procedures in gynecology. Set up counts quickly and accurately without supervision. Provide a sterile field in accordance to aseptic techniques. Ensure the proper decontamination of instruments and equipment. Assure accurate dispose of contaminated materials. Exercise a working knowledge of medical and surgical terminology and use of hand signals during surgery.
- Operating Room Technician at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Center for Reproductive
- Clinical Technician at Medicine and Infertility at Weill Cornell Medical College
- Surgical Technology Externship at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
11 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Certified Medical Assistant
- High School Diploma
* Assisted doctors, nurses, and other operating room personnel during procedures * Maintained appropriate patient confidentiality, legal, and medical ethics regarding all aspects of the services. * Performs technical duties relating to scrub personnel, including smooth, precise, and efficient reaction to all situations, and assists with departmental work as assigned
- Operating Room Technician at Essex Specialized Surgical Institute
- Operating Room Technician at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Certificate - Internetwork Engineering
I am a surgical technologist, I set up the sterile field, I make sure we have the instrumentation that the doctor needs and some that he/she may need if things don't go as planned. I gown and glove everyone, I protect and maintain my sterile field. I am not afraid to let someone know about a contamination, my priority is to protect and care for the patient. I assist in moving the patient, cleaning the room, putting the dirty instruments in the cart to go back to sterile processing. I work hard to have good turnover times in a safe manner for the patient and myself. I am currently the hospitals Davinci Robotic coordinator. I scrub a lot of Robotic cases. We do Prostates, hernias, Hysterectomy's, sacrocolpoexy's, colon resections, Lap. Nissan's, Lap. Chole's. I take call at our facility, I also scrub on general surgery, urology( cystoscopys, nephrectomy's, open prostates), Laparoscopic GYN, and open GYN cases, C-sections. I have done some plastics, cataracts, podiatry, ortho, a little ENT. I also have learned how to schedule for our department through the meditech program, I unit clerk when they need me. I order all of the suture for our whole O.R. Our Hospital has 13 operating rooms in the main O.R. we have several in our outpatient department. I have only worked at this facility, and I have been trained to be flexible, I am willing to stay over and help if we are short-handed, or if we get super busy. I am ALL ABOUT teamwork, we all need each other to make the wheel turn. My current hospital is a teaching facility so I precept students. I'm a very patient person, very professional and I absolutely love my job. I'm very compassionate about my career and I know that everything that we do is for the patient. It's all about them and their safety.
- Operating Room Technician at Thomas Memorial Hospital
- Surgical Technologist, Davinci Robotic Coordinator at
9 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate - Surgical technology
Responsibilities - Personal Care Tech, Preparation for Operations Transport of patients Operating Room Preparation, assured cleanliness Sterilization Assistant to Registered Nurse Knowledge of OR supplies Transporter Responsibilities - Transported patients safely to designated area Constant communication via phone service Moving of stretchers and hospital beds Moved patients to the morgue Individual Night Shift worker
- Operating Room Technician at Lehigh Valley Hospital Muhlenburg
- Full Time nutrition aid at St. Lukes Hospital Bethlehem
7 months at this Job
• Applied critical thinking during eye cases.
• Lensx qualified
• Learned how to scurb every surgical case.
- Operating Room Technician at Operating Room Tech
- Surgical Technologist at VCU Hospital
- OR Technician at Operating Room Tech
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Healthcare Management with a focus in Human Resource
- Associates in Applied Science - Surgical Technology
• Prepared instrument trays, set ups and rooms for surgery.
• Oversaw the ordering and distribution process of surgical instrument supplies.
• Distributed par-level and exchange carts to all units and procedure areas. Assisted with setting up operating room case cart for scheduled surgeries.
• Assisted with setting up operating room case cart for scheduled surgeries.
• Carefully inspected instrument trays for sterility and set up surgical equipment.
• Thoroughly decontaminated, cleaned, sorted, and scoped instruments after surgical procedures.
• Involved in teaching of new staff as well as precepting students from surgical technology programs
- Operating Room Technician at Ohio State University Medical Center
- Traveling Surgical Tech at American Mobile Healthcare/Preferred Healthcare
- Surgical Tech at T. C Thompson Children's Hospital
- Surgical Tech at St. Thomas Hospital
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Surgical Technology
• Responsible for preparing patient's case carts
● Cleaning, leak testing and sterilizing operating room scopes for example, EGD, Ebus, and Double lum.etc.
● Replenish O.R supplies back on the shelf
- Operating Room Technician at JOHNS HOPKINS BAYVIEW HOSPITAL
- Support Associate at JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Trained in GYN, general surgery, plastic eye surgery, plastic surgery Cystoscopy including
• Lead technician for Cystocopy room for 5 years.
• Lead ENT technician for 10 years.
• Extensive experience in orthopedic surgery.
• Limited knowledge of neurosurgery, cataract surgery and robotic surgery.
• Supervised call schedule for for 50 + employees for more than 7 years.
• Organized team building experiences.
- Operating Room Technician at Samaritan Hospital
- Central Processing Technician at Samaritan Hospital
- Environmental Services Technician at Samaritan Hospital
21 years, 1 month at this Job
▪Cleanse and disinfect surgical instruments and or equipment after surgeries. ▪Prepare surgical instrument and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol ▪Maintains and keeps all surgical tools sterile and orderly. ▪Maintains and keeps all equipment clean and functional. ▪Order and maintain adequate necessary supplies in the operating room. ▪ Prepares the patient before and after surgery by washing and disinfecting the area for surgery. ▪Prepare necessary equipment and instrument prior to procedure/surgery
- Operating Room Technician at Smith & Smith Medical
- CUSTODIAN AND HELPER at WILLIAMSBRIDGE NAACP ECEC, NY
- MEDICAL COURIER at PREMIER COURIER SERVICES, NY
- CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE at KOHLS DEPARTMENT STORE
10 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES OF APPLIED SCIENCE - CYBER SECRUITY AND COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
First and foremost I’ve survived. I’ve been a Lead OR Tech, an orthopedic team leader at two hospitals, a case expeditor (in charge of start times and turnovers), a orthopedic supply coordinator (in charge of all orthopedic implants and biologics), a SPD supervisor, and I’ve started a OR technician training program in a hospital...and multiple other accomplishments.
- Operating Room Technician at Mission Health
- Operating Room Technologist at Alaska Spine Institute Surgery Center
- Operating Room Technologist at HealthSouth Surgery Center
- Operating Room Technologist at Providence Alaska
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Nursing