• Responsible for creating, developing and executing the monitoring program over the Bank's quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) risk and control self-assessment procedures, including: ◦ Create and refine sampling methodology that incorporated various factors, such as financial account risk level, frequency, and past monitoring results; ◦ Create a detailed workbook from scratch to document results of quarterly monitoring; ◦ Perform the monitoring procedures on a quarterly basis, including planning procedures; and ◦ Interview control owners and critically assess responses against documentation/support to 1) conclude whether the selected controls were in compliance with the financial self-assessment program and financial reporting policies for the period and 2) determine whether any previously unidentified or unreported control deficiencies exist
• Assist in driving enhancements to the Bank's SOX program, including: ◦ Review and update all SOX controls on an on-going basis and interview control owners to determine areas for improvement; ◦ Provide end-user support for all business unit users of the newly implemented customized third-party GRC tool, including training; ◦ Participate in walkthroughs with Internal and External Audit to understand significant processes; ◦ Revamp narratives from a segmented business-unit focus to an end-to-end transaction focus to document the entire flow of various processes; and ◦ Review and create flowcharts for the SOX processes
• Serve as the main point of contact for the Bank's New Activity Review process, including coordinating comprehensive activity reviews across nine business units
• Drive enhancements in the New Activity process, including: ◦ Incorporate operational enhancements, such as macros to replace heavily manual workflows; ◦ Add robust documentation to provide clear and detailed review results and recommendations; ◦ Revamp final documentation for management consumption and decisions; and ◦ Create reader-friendly and actionable reporting to drive continuing results on overdue items
• Perform enterprise-wide risk assessments to compile a comprehensive understanding of the segmented practices used by different business units, including interviewing business unit representatives
• Perform comprehensive root cause analyses for significant operational loss incidents, including conducting interviews with the internal parties involved, analyzing fact patterns and fraud opportunities, and providing recommendations to management and business unit leadership for remediation
• Assist in compiling facts for incidents resulting in large losses to the Bank and submitting the final loss report documentation to the appropriate external parties
- Operational Risk Analyst at FIRST HAWAIIAN Bank
- Senior Associate, Audit at KPMG LLP
1 year at this Job
- License - Accounting
• Identify, review, analyze and manage operational risks in business account
• Monitor and track operational risk issues on regular basis.
• Collect proper documents from business clients
• Complete cases and ensure all documents are upt Brooklyn, NY Personal Banker
• Conduct discussions with prospects to understand background and identify needs; clearly communicate potential solutions.
• Execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies that are aligned with the branch's business plan.
• Schedule periodic meetings and check-points with clients to provide value-added services.
• Assist in execution of branch events; invite clients and prospects to events; actively engage with attendees and follow-up to develop a network and grow branch business.
- Operational Risk Analyst at Citibank
- Personal Banker at Santander Bank Us
3 years, 1 month at this Job
•Performed CDD and EDD reviews on client's accounts to determine risk rating.
•Supported AML, KYC, and CIP initiatives to ensure client transactions are aligned with expectations.
•Performed customer identification and verification procedures to ensure adherence to all banking requirements.
•Managed the planning, execution, and control for Risk initiatives.
• Managed portfolio of small to large scale risk projects.
• Acted as liaison between Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business, Operations and Technology for the projects.
• Ensured key risks and issues are identified, mitigated, and resolved.
• Gathered business requirements and functional specifications for projects.
• Analyzed customer relationships, activity patterns, and transactions to identify any suspicious activity.
• Submitted SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) when applicable.
• Ensured proper record keeping for all processes.
- Operational Risk Analyst at Citibank
- Account Representative at Cognosante
- Recruiter at 804 Technology
- Chief Compliance Officer at Larson Financial
2 years at this Job
- MBA - Management
Analyze domestic/ International consumer cases and support complex Periodic Review processes for client verification.
• Conduct Know Your Customer high risk customer analysis and review KYC information for compliance, alongside KYC procedures and AML policy.
• Perform User Acceptance Testing of the Functional Requirements of the CitiKYC system and business processes.
• Identify and analyze of software defects to satisfy system reporting policies and procedures.
• Assist in the parallel running of the current system to ensure the new system results are validated against the existing system.
- Operational Risk Analyst III at Citibank
- Compliance Specialist at LPL Financial
- Project Coordinator at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A
- Ops Fraud Manager at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
schedule with ITmanagement and vendors Committee
• Conducted risk assessments of new products, processes, and services.
• Ensured vendor compliance with key contract deliverables by reviewing evidence based on agreed
• Completed risk analysis of bank software mapping out user roles and presented findings to the Risk
schedule with ITmanagement and vendors
- Operational Risk Analyst Intern at Libety Bank
- Audit Intern at KPMG
- Risk & Compliance Agent at IKEA
- District Lead Asset Protection Officer at Lord & Taylor
1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - Investigations and White Collar Crime
- Bachelor of Science - Digital Forensics and Network Security
• Worked in the Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer department at Citibank conducting enhanced due diligence reviews and investigations of Clients that have account relationships with Citi for evidence of money laundering, gambling, other illicit activity, and terrorist financing activity in view of policies, procedures, and potential system limitations.
• Entailed correctly identifying client type to determine type of review to be completed and the appropriate path or direction to take regarding potential questions to be asked when making information request to the Customer Outreach Department. Reviewed primarily Wealth Holding Vehicles (Trusts, Estates, and Personal Investment Companies.) Outreach information request often times also encompassed working directly with Relationship Managers or Personal Bankers if the customer had one.
• Investigations were performed utilizing the Internet, in-house, and commercial databases. Data was collected and evaluated for accuracy and consistency and input / updated in the Source system or manually input into Citi's KYC software application. A Case document was prepared to summarize, support, and provide clarification / Rationale (if necessary) to the findings.
• Also involved Screening customers against SPF (Senior Public Figures), OFAC sanctions and watch list, as well as reviewing for Adverse media to determine whether the customer would pose a potential reputational risk to Citi and, if so, evaluating whether the relationship should be maintained.
• In some cases, Transaction Reviews were also performed (when Transaction Data from the automated system) was not quite sufficient to disposition the Product Profile Review. Account Alert Activity reports were filed if necessary.
• Research Tools used included Microsoft Word and Excel, Clear, LexisNexis, Bloomberg, CitiKYC, Actimize, Concierge and Eclipse. Concierge and Eclipse are considered the 'Source' systems which were updated with relevant Customer information and monitored to ensure the data fed correctly to CitiKYC.
- Operational Risk Analyst II at Citibank
- Account Specialist at CitiMortgage
- OPERATIONAL ACCOUNTING / CORRESPONDENT BANKS at Citibank
- Reconciliation Accountant at Citigroup
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts degree - Economics Conferred
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Political Science and Economics Conferred
● Identified opportunities for operational improvement and assisted with corresponding change in management activities.
● Supported a variety of operational risk management initiatives and special projects, including: issue and action plan tracking, business activity monitoring, management reporting, audit inquiry response and targeted remediation support.
● Managed weekly meetings with business units to understand business deliveries, concerns, future plans and ways to mitigate risk.
● Presented weekly updates regarding operational risk issues and decisions made to managers and executives.
● Reviewed details such as high-risk wire transfers, client account information, and call logs into the computer system.
● Collected and reconciled third party vendor data within Excel for Non Cash Compensation events.
● Utilized problem-solving skills to analyze and resolve issues that affected business operations and goal achievement.
- Operational Risk Analyst at Morgan Stanley
- Client Services Specialist at Automated Data Processing (ADP)
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management
- Associate - Business Administration
- Operational Risk Analyst at Citibank
- Outreach Analyst at Citibank/Citicards
- Teller/Customer Service at Citibank Financial
- Teller II at Bank Of America
at this Job
• Review and analyze data from daily, weekly, and monthly reporting
• Complete audit reviews on various samples for credit granting, customer service, pricing, and statements
• Complete a monthly audit on SCRA processing accuracy
• Calibrate audit results with business partners
• Provide support for various internal/external audit deliverables
• Identify research and escalate applicable governance, law and regulation issues; assist Legal with research requests
- Operational Risk Analyst at Citigroup
- Credit Operations - Credit Specialist III (Judge) at Citigroup
- Credit Specialist II at Citigroup
- Customer Service Representative at Peoples Bank
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Program lead for the enterprise-wide Operational Risk Event Collection and Reporting program. Key contributor for the development of remediation plans and final resolution of internal audit and regulatory findings for operational risk programs. Responsible for the CCAR and DFAST Operational Risk Losses forecast process, including the forecast methodology and the preparation and validation of the schedules. Led the project for the complete overhaul of the Operational Risk Event Collection and reporting process, including the implementation of new GRC systems and tools. 2015 Gold Performance Excellence Award winner and recognized for improvements to the processes and tools that support the Operational Risk framework.
- Vice President, Corporate Operational Risk Analyst at SunTrust
- Sr. Operational Risk Officer at Mercantil Commercebank
- Sr. Risk & Compliance Analyst at Wachovia Bank
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- International Certificate of Banking Risk & Regulation