Bank of the West, San Francisco, CA
Operational Risk Analyst, Assistant Vice President, May 2017 – Present
Commercial Banking Group (CBG) First Line of Defense (FLOD) / Controls & Governance
• Manages the CBG Incident Reporting Process and SharePoint site for incidents pertaining to, but not limited to: external and internal Fraud, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), HIPAA, OFAC, Reg W, CAN-SPAM, KYC, EDD, Operational Risk, Product/Service, Customer Complaint, Equipment Finance Leasing, Loan Book & Portfolio, etc.
• Creates reports for all CBG reported incidents on a monthly basis and follows up on remediation process and status from the Business Units.
• Designs, supports, and implements reporting initiatives.
• Writes procedures and maintains them in SharePoint.
• Creates alerts for corporate security regarding Fraud related incidents and follows up on resolution and case closure.
• Monitors and tracks all findings and issues (Risk, Compliance Independent Testing, Internal Audit, FDIC, Third Party Vendor, BCP, self-identified, etc.); and supports the CBG teams with their remediation efforts in accordance with their agreed timing.
• Performs QA of closing artifacts for findings / issues, and then submits to Internal Audit, Compliance Independent Testing (CIT), and Regulators (FDIC).
• Supports the business line to improve identification, tracking, monitoring, and remediation / reporting of all types of findings and issues affecting CBG (Commercial Banking Group).
• Prepares operational risk, compliance, audit reporting for all CBG’s Business Units as well as various committees and all related data collection and validation. It also implies a critical and regular interaction with both CBG Business Units and enterprise-level teams (Risk, Compliance, Audit, and Regulatory Relations). Interacts with Compliance, Risk, and Business Lines management and serves as consultant to management.
• Creates and manages four Business Processes for my (CBG Controls & Governance) team’s Business Continuity Plans (BCP); serves as a maintainer and/or delegate of the entire CBG Controls & Governance team Business Continuity Plan.
• Tracks and assists in the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Tollgate Questionnaire, Targeted RCSAs, and Control Environment Questionnaire (CEQ).
• Performs Quality Control (QC) of the Risk View From the field Assessments submitted by the Business Units and creating reports that are sent to Upper Management.
• Tracks CBG Management Risk Acceptance Memo (MRAM) from creation to completion and create monthly reports.
• Tracks and works on New Activities Committee (NAC) from ideation stage to completion and creates monthly reports.
• Participates in the creation of a new platform for self-Identified Issues using the Archer system.
- AVP, Operational Risk Analyst at Bank of the West
- BSA / AML Compliance Investigator II, Officer at Bank of the West
- AML Senior Compliance Analyst at CITIGROUP
- Violation Review Operator at RedSpeed Illinois
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminology
* Regulatory and Sanction Screening for Consumer/Business * Knowledge of AML, Enhanced Due Diligent and KYC regulatory requirements * Demonstrated success of reviewing customer data with emphasis on risk evaluation * Analytical research and investigative skill set including experience with background checks/intelligence/customer- research/transactional analysis. * Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear concise manner to peers, direct and senior level management * Ability to contribute, support, and lead efforts to achieve department/ business unit goals, up to and including recommendations to changes in procedures resulting from review findings and quality assurance review of analyst case work * Assist Senior Level Analysts and management with escalating potential risks * Support of Periodic Review triage processes and material change
- Operational Risk Analyst at AML/KYC
- escalation to the next level reviewer at Management Companies
- Credit Underwriter at
- Sort Sale Negotiator at
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree
Ensuring effective management of consequential risks by monitoring and testing to evaluate risk frameworks are appropriately designed and operating effectively and escalate risk. Deliver independent risk assessment and proposals for control, mitigation, and remediation of compliance and operational risk issues. Prepare concise, objective and accurate reports that provide insight to risk and interdiscipliary,holistic, and systemic root cause analysis.
- Compliance & Operational Risk Analyst at UBS - WMA
- Mortgage Origination Consultant at SunTrust Mortgage
- Client Service Specialist II at SunTrust Bank Inc.
- Technical Support Coordinator at Verizon Wireless
11 months at this Job
- BS - Business Administration Marketing
Assist the VP of Operational Risk in implementing quantitative and qualitative measures of Operational Risk Management. Reviewed approximately 2,000 customer complaints which originated from the Attorney General, CFPB, BBB, etc., to determine if there was a process breakdown and if there was a potential loss to the company. Completed lead root cause analysis on internal operational risk events as well as provided internal and external review of these events. Developed and maintained internal relationships with business partners to improve controls as well as provided expert guidance in the relevant policies and control documentation. Sr. Fraud Risk Analyst Conduct in-depth investigations of fraud involving, customers, dealers, associates, and external vendors. Responsible for investigating, monitoring, and governing all fraud related investigations and assessments. Developed and maintained relationships with internal and external partners in order to mitigate fraud. Developed and maintained processes in order to track, monitor, and report fraudulent activities and identified control deficiencies which lead to fraudulent events. Made recommendations to the business when appropriate controls fail in order to manage exposure to future fraud losses. Developed the Identity Theft Victim Report which the company now uses to provide to claimants in order to complete and send in for review (similar to the FTC questionnaire). Partnered with IT to develop a fraud table process which included internal queries between the Operations system of record and the fraud table. Conducted a fraud review on accounts which were referred to me from the Funding Department when a hit occurred, to determine if we could proceed with funding of the loan. Member of the ACFE - Dallas Chapter.
- Operational Risk Analyst/Sr. Fraud Risk Analyst at Santander Consumer USA
- Risk Specialist at Capital One Auto Finance
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Some college
• Business and functional experience in the Global Compliance and Operational Risk Registration and Licensing Department.
• Develops partnerships across the organization, department and state regulators relevant to securities registrations in order to act as a Regulatory Liaison between the firm's registered population and the regulators, such as FINRA, the SEC, NYSE, etc.
• Proactively reviews, analyzes and escalates different problems that come across the field and department, connecting identified themes and finding a solution that mitigates risk and is completed or enacted in a timely fashion.
• Experience managing multiple tasks including ensuring regulatory compliance for firm representatives by filing U4 amendments, operating within department e-mail boxes and taking in phone calls from the Merrill Lynch Service Network to answer inquiries with little direction and in a timely manner.
• Utilizes Microsoft Office applications to organize and review multiple projects involving various variables and to communicate with members of the organization and other business individuals regarding questions, projects and firm policies.
• Project Management experience with Registration Annual Renewal, including system testing, training of Registration Team, and ensuring project is completed by each member/owner by specified date in project plan.
• Contributing to Operational Excellence Phase 2 working sessions in order to create process maps and use the resulting data to analyze and update current processes for efficiency.
• Provides training and materials for functions of team processes.
• Ability to communicate effectively to management and team members in order to present information regarding projects and sensitive or confidential information when necessary to the appropriate parties.
• Independently inquiring to management and team members about any help with initiatives in order to show ownership and management of initiatives as well as teamwork and cooperative interpersonal skills.
• Adaptive to the changing hierarchies of a complex organization with the skills to communicate professionally with all members of the organization, including difficult conversations and confidential material with internal clients, business partners and regulators.
• Started with department as a contractor in May 2016 with CorporateBrokers LLC. Moved into the Full-Time role starting January 2017. Resume
● Page Two Professional Experience (continued)
- Compliance and Operational Risk Analyst at BANK OF AMERICA / MERRILL LYNCH
- Student Assistant at University of North Florida Student Government
- Intern for the Honorable Janet Adkins at Florida House of Representatives
- Seasonal Customer Service Representative at Victoria's Secret
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Political Science
- - Technology & Systems Summary
- High School Diploma
- Bachelors of Arts - International Studies
• Review deposits, withdrawals and transfers to identify money laundering, terrorist financing,
• Perform periodic file reviews ensuring activities are reviewed in a holistic manner across the spectrum of products and services used by the customer.
• Subject matter expertise in AML, EDD and KYC regulatory requirements.
• Implementation of AML/BSA and OFAC Laws and Regulations in a business environment.
• Review system generated alerts, red flags, assess impact to AML processes, conduct research as required, and document results in written format. Write suspicious activity reports, files CTR's, address sanctions alerts, and other applicable AML processes in accordance with regulations and time limitations. Provide feedback on alert rule effectiveness and partner with management and analysts to design new rules. Provide insight into various commercial banking products and services. Handle issues as appropriate for advanced investigation and analysis.
• Effectively investigate, document, and identify suspicious activity and use seasoned judgment for activity to determine if a SAR needs to be filed.
• Preform extensive background investigations using public and private databases in accordance with AML and other regulatory standards to help prevent operational and reputational risk.
- AML Operational Risk Analyst II at Citi Bank
- Project Specialist II; (Citi Default Attorney Management Department) at Citi Mortgage
- Default Processor III at Citi mortgage
- Claims Specialist ll and lll/ Internal Auditor at Magellan Health Insurance Company
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
- Technical - Pharmacy
• Developed a solid understanding of fraud and credit risk assessment in terms of online transactions
• Consolidated various transaction data including monthly total payment volume (TPV), risk ratios and conversational texts utilizing Excel to detect risk indicator and mitigate potential payment risk
• Maintained up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and created strategies to better serve the customer needs
- Operational Risk Analyst at PAYPAL
- at Yelp Dataset Challenge
- at Housing Price Prediction
- Purchasing Manager at NATIONAL THREADED FASTENERS
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Management - Operations Research & Supply Chain
- Bachelor of Management - Logistics Management
• Build and maintain SQL control reports to test against company policies.
• Conduct risk assessments and develop risk thresholds for departmental practices.
• Analyze pricing and charge-off data to help improve monthly efficiencies. Identified a programming error that resulted in $1.2 million in lost revenue.
• Create statistical models to evaluate and improve dealership performance.
• Develop an extensive fraud program utilizing machine learning techniques to build exclusionary lists.
• Produce corporate dashboard reports for executive review.
- Operational Risk Analyst II at Flagship Credit Acceptance
- Security Operations Analyst at Sallie Mae Bank
- Asset Protection Specialist at Navient
- Asset Protection Specialist at Navient
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Science in Management - Management
- Bachelors of Science
•Performed CDD and EDD reviews on client's accounts to determine risk rating.
•Supported AML, KYC, and CIP initiatives to ensure client transactions are aligned with expectations.
•Performed customer identification and verification procedures to ensure adherence to all banking requirements.
•Managed the planning, execution, and control for Risk initiatives.
• Managed portfolio of small to large scale risk projects.
• Acted as liaison between Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business, Operations and Technology for the projects.
• Ensured key risks and issues are identified, mitigated, and resolved.
• Gathered business requirements and functional specifications for projects.
• Analyzed customer relationships, activity patterns, and transactions to identify any suspicious activity.
• Submitted SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) when applicable.
• Ensured proper record keeping for all processes.
- Operational Risk Analyst at Citibank
- Account Representative at Cognosante
- Recruiter at 804 Technology
- Chief Compliance Officer at Larson Financial
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Management
· Analyze alerts and review transactions for potential suspicious activity and possible violations of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) or Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws · Complete extensive enhanced due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures, using public and private databases in accordance with AML, BSA, and other regulatory standards to prevent operational and reputational risks · Perform detailed analyses to detect patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes in transactions and relationships across multiple businesses/products including information regarding Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and clients with negative news · Conduct investigations using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements · Identify and report any process gaps/risks/areas of improvement during the course of case reviews
- Operational Risk Analyst at Citi
- Collateral Analyst at Citi
- Mortgage Loan Processor at Citi
- Data Processor at Citi
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Independent Studies - English and Communications
- Associate - General Education