Operations Controller * Review existing project management procedures for usage. * Create and implement new process and procedures to improve project performance. * Develop and train project managers. * Analyze past performance on projects to identify areas for improvement. * Ensure accurate job costing, and forecasting of all projects in the Eastern NY Region
- Operations Controller at John W. Danforth Company Mechanical Contractor
- Regional Controller at Comfort Systems USA, Inc
- Project Controller at St. Lawrence Cement Co., LLC
- Controller at John Digiulio Inc
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters in Industrial Engineering - Industrial Engineering
- Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
• Authored seven MAJCOM letters for coordination of drone critical maintenance ensuring 100% accurate notifications
• Oversaw implementation of local flying schedule; coordinated, reported, and recorded daily flying schedule and deviation to Group Commander
• Developed and tracked current aircraft/cockpit status/scheduled & unscheduled maintenance & configurations of assigned drone aircraft
• Monitored all daily flightline operations; relays prioritized maintenance deliveries and logistical support for over 130 maintenance technicians
• Logistical system manager provided accurate status reporting for 22 drone cockpits--generating over 3000 flight hours
• Executed daily Maintenance priorities; coordinated/logs limited resources for assigned drone fleet.
• Remastered quick reaction checklists collaborating with higher headquarters and safeguarding over 600 Million in defence assets
- Operations Controller at MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS CENTER
- Apprentice and Technician at
4 years at this Job
- High school
Forest City, NC and Easley, SC
A private progressive engineering and injection molding company servicing over different industries. Financial/Operations Controller: Responsible to the CEO and CFO for all plant functions encompassing Inventories, IT systems development, Corporate reporting, Budgets, Accounting, Cost and Finance.
• Submit daily reporting for all plants to Corporate Management
• Complete and manage all month end duties for all plants and submit P&L and Balance Sheets
• Complete and present special projects/requests by Executive Management
• Lead yearly budget team and responsibilities
• Gather variance information for all plants
• Assist in preparing board meeting presentations
• Train and develop plant controllers and other plant management
• Monitor and manage company inventories
• Develop and submit daily, monthly and yearly KPI's reporting for all plants
• Research, develop and maintain cost standards for all plants.
• Coordinate information gathering from plants for outside auditing firm
• Streamline all financial reporting for all plants and departments
• Participate in Senior Management meetings and functions
• Problem solve variance issues at all plants
• Developed and maintain inventory reporting for all plants
• Responsible for Physical Inventory implementations
• Report to Executive Management variances, key financial ratios, financial statements and operational standards General/Plant Manager: Responsible to the VP of Operations for all plant functions encompassing manufacturing, quality, maintenance, warehousing, materials, human resources and finance
• Manage facility of 250+ associates with 34 injection molding presses
• Achieved quarterly goals of EBIT by surpassing budgeted EBIT amounts, inventory turns and safety goals. Maintained a 10 to 13% EBIT of sales.
• Increase and maintained highest OEE (75% to 80%) among all plants by increasing run times and improvements in quality. Improved change over times, efficient scheduling and implemented quality dock audits on all direct ships to automobile suppliers.
• Developed and maintained hoshin planning for operational improvements.
• Maintain lowest safety incident rate within the company surpassing all other facilities
• Reduced direct and indirect labor expense by combining work functions, implement lean manufacturing concepts and longer production runs. Maintained labor expense 3 to 5% below budgeted amount.
• Implemented weekly BOM audits to maintain run rates and standards.
• Increased and maintained highest labor efficiency by utilizing one operator on multiple machines and run presses at the standard rates or better.
• Achieved and maintained a top 2 ranking in key metrics for all of the plants.
• Installed dual, indexed and bi-directional conveyors for part separations.
• Achieved budgeted inventory turns by reducing raw materials and components (JIT)
• Improved quality to established preferred vendor with customers. Decreased yearly NCN's by 75%.
• Utilized operating system in creating an information center in the plant for managing and monitoring real time activity, quality, scheduling and set-ups. Created a paperless environment on plant floor.
• Organized and improved warehousing efficiency to reduced shipping errors. Organized warehouse to meet FIFO requirements for customers.
• Implemented training program for direct and indirect associates that included a 2 week control sheet with a designated trainer
• Implemented and maintained 5S program.
• Worked with Engineering team in launching the new BMW G05 and G07 programs, meeting customer's deadlines and requests.
• Implemented and managed monthly SKIP meetings for hourly associates
• Maintained TS16949/ISO 9001 certification Controller/Forest City: Responsible to the VP of Finance for all plant accounting functions for cost, inventory control, fixed assets, internal controls, balance sheet and P&L.
• Manage all Raw Material, WIP and Finished Goods Inventory.
• Oversee all of Cost Accounting and Inventory Control
• Report monthly, quarterly and yearly variance numbers to the CFO and VP of Manufacturing.
• Responsible for creating and management of all Budgets and forecasting.
• Manage additions, deletions and reporting of Fixed Assets
• Reported and managed balance sheet and P&L statements
• Created and maintained all month end journal entries and documentations for close.
• Managed and processed all plant A/P.
• Approved and submitted plant payroll
• Created and managed all P&L and Balance Sheet statements plus supporting schedules.
- Financial/Operations Controller at Wilbert Plastics Services, Inc
- Plant Controller at Horsehead Metal Products/American Zinc Recycling Corp
- Millwright, Electrical and Mechanical Service to the Industrial Industry worldwide at Clarkson Industrial, Inc
- Corporate and Chemical Division Controller at Synalloy Corporation
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Corporate Finance
5 years, 10 months)
● Base Defense Operations Controller: Dispatched patrols and implemented security plans, policies, and procedures during security incidents and disasters. Operated communication equipment and intrusion detection equipment. Conducted interviews, obtained statements, collected and preserved evidence.
● Base Defense Patrolman: Provided armed response and controlled entry. Detect and reported presence of unauthorized personnel and activities. Enforced standards and adherence to laws and directives. Applied life saving procedures as a first responder to incident and disaster scenes.
● Armory Operations: Operated and managed military armories. Controlled and safeguarded arms, ammunitions, and equipment. Inspected ground weapons, crew served weapons, and replaced unserviceable parts. Function-fired weapons for accuracy and serviceability. Controlled and operated firing ranges.
● Security Forces Response Force Member: Performed air base defense functions contributing to the force protection mission. Controlled and secured terrain inside and outside military installations. Defended personnel, equipment and resources from hostile forces.
- Base Defense Operations Controller at Security Forces, USAF
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Security - Security, Law Enforcement, Investigation, Leadership
Joined Goodyear in June 2007 as Audit Manager for Corporate & North America in Akron, Ohio. Relocated to Shanghai, China in 2010 to assume Audit Director, Asia Pacific role. In 2014, promoted to Operations Controller, NA (based in Akron, Ohio). Currently responsible for plant accounting/controlling/financial close functions of the North America: tire, chemical and retread plants - respectively. Also responsible for the consolidated plant accounting department (accounting shared service team based in Akron).
• Responsible for all plant accounting and controlling related activities (17 plants) including month end close
• Responsible for the proper accounting for $340M of inventory, as well as $2.7B of fixed assets
• Assist and manage to Annual Operating Plan, including cost savings initiatives
• Collaborate with Finance in forecasting and analysis
- Operations Controller, North America at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co
- Audit Director, Asia Pacific at Goodyear Tire & Rubber
- Interim Audit Director, EMEA at Goodyear Tire & Rubber
- Audit Manager, North America and Corporate at
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Interdisciplinary Studies
• Improved the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission.
• Supported management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organization planning.
• Supervised and coached operations staff on a daily basis.
• Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and control.
• Development of individual program budgets.
• Management of agency budget in coordination with the Director.
• Managing cash flow, day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QB, producing reports as requested.
• Coordinated brand-new product development schedule with factory.
- OPERATIONS CONTROLLER at CONFIDENTIAL
- OPERATIONS MANAGER at SAVINI WHEELS LLC
- Branch Manager at BONTEC(A.K.A HYUNDAI MOBIS AUTOMOTIVE DIVISION)
- Assistant Manager at BONTEC(A.K.A HYUNDAY MOBIS AUTOMOTIVE DIVISION)
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - BUSINESS
• Responsible for all aspects of accounting and internal controls for $350M Canadian distribution business with over 60 branches and $200M U.S. and Canadian manufacturing business with 15 shop locations.
• Implemented standardized account reconciliation and monthly closing process; identified over $0.5M of WIP accounting errors in first month using these new processes. Communicated issue and permanent corrective actions to all levels of senior management.
• Leading project to redesign and implement new shop accounting process across U.S. and Canada operations. Manager of Subsidiary Accounting
• Responsible for all accounting and GAAP compliance for $1B domestic and foreign subsidiary business.
• Implemented BlackLine, a cloud based accounting solution standardizing account reconciliations and closing checklists.
• Developed and implemented control framework and Sarbanes Oxley controls for the 25 domestic and foreign subsidiary locations.
• Implemented monthly analytics to standardize the process as well as put in place an automated workflow solution.
- Operations Controller at Applied Industrial Technologies
- Controller at Quanex Building Products
- Plant Controller at Avalon Precision Metalsmiths
- Accounting Manager at Curtiss-Wright Corporation
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor's of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Certificate in Criminal Justice
Performs Operations Planner tasks. Supervises activities performed by Sourcing/Planner Assistant. ⧫ Analysis expenses related to maintenance, production, engineering, and packaging. ⧫ Oversees the procurement activities in the Texas plant. ⧫ Performs internal audits following ISO 9001:2015 guidelines with lead internal auditor.
- Business & Operations Controller at AMERICA PLASTICS
- Operations Planner at AMERICA PLASTICS
- Production Planner at AMERICA PLASTICS
- Supply Chain Planner at ESSILOR of AMERICA
1 year at this Job
- MBA - Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration - Business Administration
Responsibility for managing company financials, internal operations, and global logistics. Areas of leadership include fiscal reporting and audit management, contract negotiations with customers and suppliers, supply chain improvement, and HR/benefit functions for all employees.
- Finance/Operations Controller at Omaha Fixture International
- Owner at Play It Again Sports
- President & CEO at Mid-Plains Center
- VP - CFO / COO at Mid-Plains Center
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
·Lead the accounting, reporting, and forecasting efforts of four manufacturing facilities ·Directly managed four plant controllers and two financial analysts ·Managed the financial planning and analysis processes to ensure predictability, accountability, and high performance inside the operations region ·Reviewed financial/operational results with plant and regional management on a monthly basis to identify risks/opportunities and to put in place corrective actions where appropriate ·Oversaw the process of updating standard costs at the plants for the 1st time in three years ·Prepared highly detailed P&L bridges to explain variances to budget, forecast, and prior year ·Developed a process to understand and explain sales/gross margin issues based on volume, price, and product mix at the SKU level ·Provided recommendations and direction to the regional operations management team ·Performed extensive data mining and analysis to meet senior management’s daily needs for information
- Regional Operations Controller at Tenneco, Inc.
- Finance Director - Global Supply Chain at MacDermid, Inc
- Divisional Controller at MacDermid, Inc
- Plant Controller at MacDermid, Inc
2 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting