• Serves as an Operations Research Analyst on the Pentagon Joint Staff J2, under the J28 Battlespace Awareness (BA) Functional Capabilities Board (FCB).
• Coordinates with other FCBs, Combatant Commands, and other governmental agencies in or to facilitate the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) process.
• Lead Action Office for the facilitation of Joint Urgent Operational Need (JUON) and Joint Emergent Operational Need (JEON) within the BA FCB.
• Supports the development of analytical methods as well as adapts and modifies techniques from other scientific, technical, and analytical disciplines to solve complex problems in support of management, organization, and business improvement efforts.
• Studies management and operational methods to improve workflow, work measurement and performance standards, and to simplify reporting procedures or implement cost reductions, focusing on process and productivity improvements.
• Provides expert advice, assistance, and guidance regarding potential problem solutions, and advice and insight about the probable effects of alternative solutions.
• Analyzes problems in terms of management information and conceptualizes and defines problems and required solutions.
• Participates in the collection and preparation of operating reports.
• Compiles, stores, and retrieves management data.
- Operations Research Analyst at Mymic LLC
- Modeling and Simulations Coordinator at P3S Corporation
- Battle Command Software Systems Engineer at Cubic Applications, Inc
- Software System Engineer/Intelligence Coordinator at D&S Consulting, Inc
2 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Analytics
- certificate - Core Concepts for Requirements Management
- BS - Information Systems Management
- AAS - Computer Systems and Network Administration
392 Hopkins Rd. APG, MD 21005 Supervisor: Thomas Scott Kilby, (410) 278-4063, may be contacted. Serves as Lead Analyst responsible for the research, analysis, evaluation, and coordination for the Expeditionary Fluid Assessment Capability (EFAC) study within the Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA) Field Studies Branch. Serves as Lead Analyst responsible for the research, analysis, evaluation, and coordination for the Single Common Powertrain Lubricant (SCPL) within the Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA) Field Studies Branch. In depth knowledge of the military systems, procedures and methods of analyzing, compiling, reporting and disseminating intelligence data; knowledge of organization(s) for and methods of collecting and analyzing intelligence data.
- Operations Research Analyst at US Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity
- Operations Research Analyst at US Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity
- Staff Scientist at Applied Research Associates (ARA)
- Manage/Administrator of the AMSAA Electronic Data Request System (EDRS) and Standard at Applied Research Associates (ARA)
11 months at this Job
- M.S. degree - Systems Management
- B.S. - Applied Mathematics
• Supported SIGCoE, CDID, Army Network Battle Lab (NBL) by providing Network Operations (NETOPS) support during limited objective experiments (LOE) where the focus was on developing future concepts and to determine capability gaps
• Analyzed Capability Production Documents (CPD) and Capability Requirement Documents (CRD) to evaluate equipment efficiencies, wrote concepts, identified capability gaps and issues, and presented mitigation solutions
• Developed complex Excel spreadsheets and graphics depicting communication network connectivity over time and presented findings to senior Army Capabilities Integration Center (ARCIC) leadership
• Presented findings (e.g. collected insights or observations) that answered essential elements of analysis (EEA) in detailed PowerPoint, Excel, or Word document presentations. Presentations were used to inform Army decision-makers on current and future communications capability gaps affecting the procurement and development of network architecture, concepts, or doctrine
• Acted as an Action Officer representing the SIGCoE during weekly OEF/Army Action Officer Forums, Council of Colonels, and General Officer Steering Committees where doctrine, organization, training, material, leadership, personnel, and facility (DOTMLPF) issues were identified throughout the joint community and solutions were suggested, recommended, or mitigated
• Directed and assumed overall technical responsibility for the interpretation and presentation of analytical findings and conclusions
• Operated One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF) and monitored Network Visualization Tool (NVT) during NETOPS LOEs while gathering data on Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T) signal trends
• Established work priorities, scheduling routines, and focus areas during team projects. Interrupted presentations, analytical data, and Army doctrine for development of projects and scenarios for Army SIGCoE, CDID, G3/5/7, Doctrine Section
• Worked in Brigade Modernization Command (BMC) during Network Integration and Evaluation (NIE) 12.2. Wrote, researched, and analyzed DOTMLPF data on a decision-making annex for the Army’s procurement of two systems
• Used requirements found in CPDs to evaluate Systems Under Test (SUT) and Systems Under Evaluation (SUE) for procurement purposes witin NIE 12.2
• US Army made a $30 million procurement decision based on personal efforts to evaluate two SUE/SUT systems at NIE 12.2
• Provided Signal Regiment/SIGCoE expertise, insight, and interface support on communications/signal related Capabilities-Based Assessments (CBA) and other Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) programs for communication/signal related capability areas
• Lead Lessons Learned Analyst for the Collections and Analysis Team (CAAT), in accordance with the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) developing, writing, revising, translation, staffing, and publishing of Initial Capability Document (ICD), Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents (CPD), and other Life Cycle Management documents
- SENIOR OPERATIONS & RESEARCH ANALYST at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
- Squad Leader / Surveillance and Reconnaissance Unit at US Marine Corps Reserve
- Human Terrain Analyst at Human Terrain System, Army TRADOC G-2
- Supervisor/Manager at Auto Zone
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
• Lead, training for journeyman operation research analysts, junior operations research analyst for the 12 team members to increase productivity 35%
• Analyzed IT program integration, system upgrades for functionality, adaptability, and performance to accomplish program goals of information security for worldwide customers
• Managed program budgets and achieved 96% compliance
• Coordinated with transportation stakeholders to ensure timely and quality delivery, in accordance with contract deliverables
- Senior Operations Research Analyst/Product Support Program Manager at Amyx
- Senior Project Manager at Paragon Technology
- Senior Logistics Analyst at AASKI Technology
- Senior Logistics Program Engineer at General Dynamics
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics Management
- Certificate of completion
- - Project Management Boot
Supported ANSER's FFRDC, the Homeland Security Studies and Analysis Institute (HSSAI), that provided objective studies and analyses to the national security, homeland security and public policy communities using a diverse set of capabilities. Conducted research, analysis, and developed content that supported the improvement of information used to develop policy, doctrine, and legislature for component agencies of DHS.
➢ Conceptualized and developed the analyst development program (ADP) within ANSER. Assessed company and program needs for candidates. Set program objectives and goals by establishing action plan that included tracking and measuring performance.
➢ Mentored junior analysts in the ADP by arranging their time on tasks, issuing task research and performance goals, and facilitating training opportunities for their observation and work performance assessment.
➢ Facilitated discussions with senior leadership to present project findings and recommendations. Briefings were conducted with thoroughly researched, analyzed, and written project materials.
➢ Conducted business development by examining industry and market baseline, and conducting competitive analysis. Managed Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for new business opportunities, researching strategic initiatives and partnerships to inform overall business approach and future opportunities.
➢ Demonstrated analytical skills across a wide variety of tasks and projects to identify alternative approaches or solutions for different government agencies: which include Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Visa Fraud * Analyzed United States (US) Visa system by sourcing, preparing and cataloging thorough research to identify barriers that existed among agencies ability to detect and investigate US. Visa fraud. Captured the process used to investigate US. visa fraud while identifying overlaps and gaps in US. Visa policies and processes. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Basic Intel Training (ICEBIT) * Conducted an independent verification of ICE Basic Open Source Research Course curriculum objectives through cognitive mapping exercise. Designed updated ICEBIT course material to include teacher and student handbook, lesson plan, course exercises, group activities and field activity assignments. Simulation and Modeling Options for Decision Making * Developed a guidebook for DHS for use by program/project managers, informing readers on how to employ modeling and simulation techniques to support their studies and analyses. Researched and developed interview questions then conducted interviews with modeling and simulation SME's, analyzed data and drafted final report. Violent Extremism in Schools (K-12) * Assessed how schools, students, and school personnel have been impacted by terrorism and violent extremism for DOE. Identified best practices and lessons learned pertaining to the public's role in countering domestic terrorism plots. Created survey through focus groups, conducting stakeholder interviews, and developing criteria that aided in the development of understanding and preventing violent extremism report that framed key issues and provided a summary and recommendations. National Level Exercise Planning * Researched factors that influence decision making during a disaster, analyzed those factors and wrote a white paper to help inform National Level Exercise for decision makers. Conducted case studies and SWOT analysis to identify roles and responsibilities of key decision-makers to determine whether to rebuild or relocate neighborhoods and communities away from the affected area. Executive Administrator * Provided direct executive-level administrative support to Vice President of HSSAI to include high quality reports, presentations, or other documents using various PC software packages. Processed deliverables, transmittal letters, expense reports, travel/scheduling requests for six divisions and senior leadership * Supported two directorates of analysts and managers conducting policy and program research, development, and implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Operations Research Analyst at ANSER
- Office Manager/Administrator at Holland & Knight LLP (H&K)
- Congressional Staff Assistant - US Senator John Warner at R-VA
8 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Served in a variety of roles of increasing responsibility within the SPAWAR claimancy. Supervisor Provided leadership, management and supervision to 210 scientists, engineers, technicians and administrative personnel. Provided oversight and coordination for division operations and business development, and managed an annual budget in excess of 75M. Developed and implemented business strategies, budgets and staffing plans. Was responsible for division strategic planning and organizational/process improvement. Acted as a mentor to develop subordinate employees and supervisors. Promoted and rewarded employees. Encouraged outreach opportunities for Division. Project Manager Served as team leader and provide oversight and direction on execution of high tempo network project installation for national security projects. Served as technical writer and Managed System Engineering Plans using MS office suite. Led technical reviews of projects efforts to identify key deficiencies leading to a strategy to upgrade capabilities and mitigate risks on time and within budget. Assisted with update to project roadmaps to provide recommendations for the way ahead. Analyst Developed Data Collection and Analysis Plan for several naval experiments and projects. Performed data collection activities during experimentation. Analyzed data and provided Test Analysis Report. Flight Test Engineer Developed, execute and analyzed detailed test procedures and engineering test plans. Conducted Lab, ground checks and flight testing on navigation and landing systems on the F/A-18 platform.
- OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST at SPAWAR Systems Center, Pacific
20 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Mathematics
Forecasted reviews and Inbound call volumes for the Existing Customer Credit department for capacity planning purposes. Utilized advanced mathematical, statistical and operations research methods to ensure accurate forecasts Previously performed by various business partners, but consolidated into a single role creating projections for seven out of eight of the functions in the department Took ad-hoc analytics requests, pulling data from multiple sources (databases, text files, etc.), processing and then presenting results to the line of business and business partners Did research and presented findings to broader Home Loans Fulfillment Forecasting, Reporting, Analytics and Capacity Planning organization Worked with partners to analyze effects of new work streams on department Forecasts showed an unanticipated decline in volumes across most functions which led to the transition of over 50 associates to other roles within the bank over a year and a half long period, saving on costs due to a reduction in force while preserving jobs This led to the creation of a Home Equity Fulfillment and Underwriting presence in Richmond and subsequent expansion to Custom and High Net Worth Mortgage Fulfillment and Underwriting as well Provided analysis for associate key performance indicators and work standards, shaping yearly goals and creating new metrics where necessary
- AVP, Operations Research Analyst II at Bank of America
- Credit Quality Analyst - Subject Matter Expert at Bank of America
- Home Services Specialist I at Bank of America
- MLO-Loan Closer at Bank of America
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science
- M.S. - Mathematics
· Managed two sets of Model Risk Management compliance projects stemming from a Self-Identified Audit Issue o Brought four Models out of breach status in 45 days with heavy oversight from Executive Leadership o Created required documentation and related internal policies and control schema o Fixed and rewrote existing SAS modeling code to comply with reporting requirements o Helped implement multiple methodologies including OLS, ARIMA, Holt Winters, X-11, and X-13 SEATS/TRAMO, as both champion and challenger models o Oversaw team’s Ongoing Monitoring reporting, the goal of which is to ensure consistent and adequate performance of model outputs o Assisted the Cash and Transportation team with their Model Risk Management documentation by providing advice, data analysis, and documentation review for their third party provided Neural Network Model o Produced multiple documents in response to Required Actions Items and Recommendations for several models put forth by Model Risk Management · Assisted in management of Centralized Forecasting processes and team o Interviewed candidates and advised on hiring decisions o Planned learning exercises for team members on use of SAS code and UNIX server o Coached new and existing employees on best practices for forecasting, coding, and business engagement o Oversaw the creation, migration to, and administration of UNIX server based SAS production and development space · Oversaw development of Challenger model to the iCOM Tactical Cash Management ATM Forecast, spanning 16,000 machines and over $100BB per annum using mass application of Generalized Linear Model in SAS, k-means clustering, and TreeNet (Decision Tree + Neural Network) in Salford Predictive Modeler · Oversaw interaction with DataRobot contacts to create a Proof of Concept to evaluate its potential value and use cases in Operational Volume forecasting, testing methodologies such as gradient boosting and similar regression based techniques · Performed ad hoc methodological research and analysis in aid of both own and teammates’ projects in model building, statistics, financial impacts, visualization, business acumen, and machine learning · Changed operational volume forecasting approach for Document Fulfillment Services, which handles printing of documents for accounts within Bank of America, improving forecasting accuracy from +/- 10% to within less than +/- 1%, by focusing on trends of volume drivers as they relate to the number of accounts o Annual DFS budget is $250MM, resulting in dollar figure improvement of ~$20MM o Improvements lead to better financial budgeting o Future uses of the improved operational volume forecast include capacity modeling, a process by which Operations sites can optimize workflows and staffing · Partnered with the Deposit, Credit Card, Home Loans, Health Benefit Solutions, and GWIM Lines of Business and Finance to identify the impact of anomalies, planned business changes, and environmental changes and incorporated these into forecasting methodology Achievements · Received multiple Platinum and Gold Awards for work on Model Risk Management compliance project · Received five consecutive Exceeds/Exceeds semiannual review scores, the highest possible · Nominated for 2016 Global Diversity and Inclusion Award for volunteer efforts with the LGBTQ community o Received Bronze Award from Cathy Bessant, Chief Operations and Technology Officer
- Operations Research Analyst II: VP at Bank Of America
- Finance Manager at G4S-Parsons Pacific
- Operations Research Analyst at Bank of America
- Senior Business Control Specialist at Bank of America
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Applied Economics
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Calculate and maintain metrics for Base Maintenance Monthly Performance Review
• Create monthly informational booklet to provide detailed insight into Performance Review scores for operation leaders
• Partner with Supplier Operations to create weekly reports and updates for the leadership team
• Develop month-end forecasts and performance scenarios to steer performance strategies
• Assist with Ad Hoc projects as needed
- Operations Research Analyst II at Delta TechOps (DGS)
- Business Analyst Trainee at Hiscox
- Graduate Hall Director at Southern Polytechnic State University - Housing and Residence Life
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Quality Principles
- Bachelors of Science - Electrical Engineering Technology
• Transcribed Focus Group insights and compared to study leads notes to ensure that everything voiced is properly noted
• Analyzed globally distributed data from SHARP Personnel Survey
• Assisted higher graded operations research analysts with ongoing projects
• Viewed and assisted with the use of ArcGIS application in order to map routes globally
• Obtained basic knowledge in R programming and utilized it to analyze data
• Utilized Microsoft excel to compute data and find cumulative results
• Assisted with crunching data in Excel spreadsheets
• Organized Pert Charts for higher graded research analysts to utilize for ongoing projects
• Attended weekly classified meetings to problem-solve for projects
- Operations Research Analyst at Center for Army Analysis - Student Trainee
- Student Trainee (Clerk) at Naval Facilities Engineering Command
- Student Trainee (Clerk) at Food Safety and Inspection Service
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Introduction to Engineering Design