6896 Mauchly Rd Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Operations Research Analyst GS-1515-07 (40 hours per week)
• Create models and perform analyses for the Army on vehicles, weapons etc. that will help determine how the equipment will perform on the battlefield in order to protect the warfighter
- Operations Research Analyst GS-1515-07 at Combat Capabilities Development Command Data and Analysis Center
- Seasonal Sale Associate at Outlet Center Dr Suite A006
- Intern at Peninsula Regional Medical Center
- Pool Snack Bar Manager at Talbot Country Club
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Mathematics
- Associate of Arts degree - Liberal Arts
Operations Research Analyst, NAVAIR
• Rotation 1: Integrated Program Management Analysis ◦ Perform Schedule and Earned Value analysis and provide actionable data to Program Managers ◦ Provide schedule risk assessments and estimates at completion to Program Managers ◦ Develop Models using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to automate current processes
• Rotation 2: Aircraft Design Tool Development ◦ Wrote code in Visual Studio to add functionality to existing Carpet Plotter tool used in aircraft design process ◦ Developed an Aircraft Design database used for comparisons of new conceptual designs to historical aircraft
• Rotation 3: Cost Estimator ◦ Developed and maintained propulsion model for the F-35 platform ◦ Supported overall sustainment cost analysis of the F-35 ◦ Developed visualization tool in Visual Basic to view changes in flight hour, squadron, and aircraft profiles
• Permanent Position: Schedule Developer ◦ Support Program Management by working with various functional teams to build schedules in Microsoft Project ◦ Provide leadership summary schedule views, look-ahead, and critical/driving paths to key milestones so they can mitigate risk College Co-Op Junior, Aetna Insurance
• Society of Actuaries Probability Exam: Passed on May 24th, 2014
• Produced analyses of medical cost information used to formulate effective contract proposals
• Modeled and analyzed Aetna and Coventry contracts for hospitals and physicians
• Supported Medical Economics and Network departments for contract negotiations
• Performed numerous ad-hoc requests Mathematics Tutor, Edison Learning
• Provide online tutoring assistance for middle school and high school students
• Subjects include: Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Probability and Statistics
- Operations Research Analyst at NAVAIR
4 years at this Job
- Master's - Statistics
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics - Mathematics
Associate January 2018 – present Senior Consultant October 2015 – January 2018 Fort Lee, VA · Recipient of the Values in Practice award, the highest individual distinction in the company, in recognition for living and demonstrating its core values in a client-facing environment. · Support cost efforts for Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) 1.6 Cost Estimating and Analysis Division and underwent rigorous analytical and technical review for approval of cost deliverables. · Build Program Life Cycle Cost Estimates (PLCCE) for multiple programs of record (POR) which required collection of cost and technical data from multiple functional areas including program office metrics, engineering assessments, and other subject-matter experts (SME). Cost estimates incorporate rigorous vetting of data and risk uncertainty analysis through Monte Carlo simulation. · Provide cost analysis in support of key program decisions such as: budgetary decisions, contract costs, fielding plans, organizational change, system trade-offs, what-if analysis, and spend plans. · Provide quality oversight and execution support to Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) analytic activities and ensure sound data and analytic techniques result in a clear picture of the best “value proposition” of proposed solutions to fill operational gaps. · Provide operations and defense research consisting of Cost-Benefit Analysis to fill operational gaps for the U.S. Army Sustainment Center of Excellence across multiple functional areas and commands. · Inform decision-making process throughout various phases, before and after Milestones B and C, of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) to recommend solutions that provide best value for cost. · Research and leverage existing analysis to inform C-BAs such as Capabilities Needs Analysis, Initial Capabilities Documents, Analyses of Alternatives that solutions that align with Army Warfighting Challenges. · Identify multiple alternatives or courses of actions (COAs) to mitigate gaps, including impacts, implications, risks, and threats to the Army. · Facilitate subject-matter expert (SME) workshops and panels to ensure quality analysis including capability gaps, scope analysis trade space, refine solution criterion in the development of current and new Army programs. · Identify criteria and scales as a means of evaluating all possible alternatives to quantify benefits for each COA. Utilize SME panels to rank order criteria by applying pairwise comparisons between the criteria. Mathematically sound results are calculated by using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) developed by Thomas L. Saaty. · Verify and collect data of all costs and funding required by appropriation including Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDTE), Procurement (PROC, OPN), Military Construction (MILCON), Military Personnel (MILPER), and Operations and Sustainment (OMN) across entire program life cycles. Review, revise, and create Life Cycle Cost Estimate (LCCE) models in Microsoft Excel or Tecolote ACEIT in accordance with the Department of Defense program cost Work Breakdown Structures. · Research and document advantages and disadvantages for all alternatives and recommend the most cost beneficial solution to the Army. · Act as liaison between the Army Capabilities Integration Center (ARCIC) and the Sustainment Center of Excellence (SCoE) to strengthen relationships between capability developers and decision-makers. · Led C-BA efforts for the Petroleum Expeditionary Analysis Kit (PEAK) Capabilities Development Document (CDD), Bulk Fuel Distribution System (BFDS) Capabilities Production Document (CPD), Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device Blast Overpressure Tool (VBOT) CPD, EOD Render Safe Sets Kits and Outfits CPD, and Common Robotics System – Heavy (CRS-H) CPD, all resulting in approved requirements and Programs of Record in the Army. · Assist in training new Civilian employees in the Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) Cell and C-BA Cell at the SCoE. Senior Consultant July 2014 – October 2015 8283 Greensboro Drive, McLean, VA · Contributed to multiple Army studies and modeling endeavors for the Counter-IED Integration Cell (CI2C) programs at US Army Forces Command (FORSCOM), US Army Special Operations Command (USASOC), and the Army National Guard (ARNG) in compliance with the U.S. Army Counter IED Strategy to adjust training to adapt to changing IED Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs). · Conducted workload analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, and organizational design in support of Army Concept Plans for the Program Executive Office, Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (PEO ACWA) to establish appropriate facilities and manpower to support chemical demilitarization of the United States’ chemical weapons stockpile in accordance with the Chemical Weapons Convention (WCW) treaty. · Conducted workshops and interviews to support data analysis and data mining for a modeling project at US Army TACOM for the Integrated Logistics Support Center (ILSC). The model was utilized to calculate the expected level of manpower needed for operations based on requirements established by US Army mission directives. · Supported other workload studies at U.S. Army Pacific Command (USARPAC) Defense Coordinating Officer/Element (DCOE) and U.S. Army Reserve Command (USARC) G-8 to establish new/future and current requirements.
- Operations Research Analyst/Cost Analyst at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Causal Analysis Teaching Assistant James Madison University at
- at International Five Eyes Analytic Training Conference
- Cyber Intern at SPARTA, Inc. a Parsons Company
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Intelligence Analysis
22134 Presently serve as Team Lead for Cost and Earned Value Management (EVM) on the Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar (G/ATOR) Program Management Office where I am responsible for all aspects related to Integrated Project Management (IPM). Lead a team of 10 employees (government and contractors) in the formulation and execution of a complex cost estimates totaling nearly $7 Billion. I provide critical programmatic insight towards achieving the strategic goals of the program office this includes communicating with key internal and external stakeholders to gain buy-in on program initiatives in accordance with the National Defense Strategy. I routinely work with internal leadership to develop and communicate program plans, progress, and performance results on the G/ATOR program. Key accomplishments include the following:
• Currently participating in the DoD Public-Private Talent Exchange/Industry Exchange Program (PPTE/IEP) serving 6 months on IPTs providing consulting and advisory services for federal, state, and local governments as well as multi-lateral agencies.
• Provided sound leadership and collaboration skills mixed with reasoned analysis which resulted in my team being awarded the MCSC Commander's Excellence in Operations Research/System Analysis Award.
• Participated in the 2018 Navy Bridging the Gap Leadership Program which focused on developing and honing executive leadership qualities. As a member of the group targeting the issue of Department of Navy (DoN) financial auditability through robotics process automation (RPA), I researched the challenge and through the building of coalitions and leading change I was able to produce key results and strategic recommendations for senior leadership.
• Collaborate with Financial manager routinely to co-develop Future Years Defense Program (FYDP) budget in support of Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) planning and development process for executive level management decision making.
• Developed and implemented framing assumptions and strategic steps to consistently drive cost towards a downward trajectory through Better Buying Power (BBP) 3.0 Should Cost initiatives. These collective efforts resulted in program savings of over $300 million which was returned to the DoN budget and for which my team and I were award the 2015 David Packard Award for Excellence in Acquisition.
• Led my team of cost estimators, EVM analysts, and schedule analysts through development of PLCCE in support of a Naval Center for Cost Analysis (NCCA) and OSD Cost Assessment & Program Evaluation (CAPE) Independent Cost Estimate (ICE) and resultant Service Cost Position (SCP). This information was critical in the generation of the Milestone C Acquisition Program Baseline (APB) and POM budget.
• Completed Acquisition Exchange Program (AEP) with Office Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (OUSD(AT&L)), Performance Assessments and Root Cause Analyses (PARCA). I worked for the Deputy Directors on review and coordination of DoD EVM policy, assessing impacts of policy changes on Program and OSD stakeholders. I provided analytics expertise to the Program Assessment group which assisted senior leadership with decision making regarding the industrial business base across DoD.
• Manipulate data from various sources to develop cost estimates using a variety of techniques such as parametric analysis, engineering estimates, learning curve analysis, risk analysis, and cost estimating relationships (CERs), for major acquisition systems. Develop Program Life Cycle Cost Estimate (PLCCEs), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs/ICEs), and Total Ownership Costs (TOCs); using such tools as ACEIT, SPSS, Tableau, etc. that address cost related program challenges
- Sr. Operations Research Analyst at NH-1515-IV
- Operations Research Analyst, NH-1515-III at Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC), PEO-LS
- Acquisition Analyst at EVM
- Analyst at Project Control- Cost/Schedule
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies - Environmental Studies
• Data Scientist in the Data Science Directorate.
• Develop and analyze personnel manpower models of complex Department of Defense and Department of the Army major information technology systems and networks.
• Apply analytical approaches for studies, provide professional assessments, coordinate work products, and prepare reports and briefings which summarize results derived from documentation, assumptions, facts, and approaches.
• Provide technical advice and assistance to NETCOM and subcommand personnel to include mathematical and statistical techniques.
• Apply and extend new methods in the application of operations research, computer science, mathematics, statistics, as well as simulation and modeling.
- Operations Research Analyst at U.S. Army
- IT Tech Support Specialist at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Rehab Therapy Tech at Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Physical & Occupational Therapy Aide at Children's Hospital of Alabama
7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mathematics
40 Hours per week 5000 Ellin Road Successfully lead research projects using the Compliance Data Warehouse (CDW) to access tax filing information, taxpayer data and profiles to provide data driven recommendations regarding taxpayer programs and IRS operations. Responsible for various analytical studies and/or projects relating to substantive, mission-oriented programs of the Internal Revenue Service. Effectively conduct research studies initiated by internal and external customers to resolve operational problems that impact IRS organization, programs, procedures, and projects which include Media & Publication (M&P), Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) programs and Stakeholder Partnership, Education and Communication (SPEC).Successfully performed profiling analysis consisting of identifying variables of interest and formulating detailed data requests, creating data extracts, aggregating data, and managing data sets. Ensured completeness, validated data range values, and validated data formatting. Prepared white paper reports and briefing materials on controversial tax legislative matters for senior-level management. Delivered key recommendations to improve various system processes and implement internal controls to ensure taxpayer identification numbers are properly used; this consisted of analysis of data using descriptive techniques such as frequency counts, mean, standard deviation and cross tabs helping management make informed processing decisions to ensure taxpayer voluntary compliance. Coach and provide technical guidance to internal and external stakeholders to monitor and track system processes, troubleshoot errors, evaluate research and analytical tool applications for effective problem resolution. Responsible for converting quantitative and qualitative engineering, as well as programmatic. Develop documentation and briefing packages to present and defend analysis to customers. Complete correlation analyses to determine the relationship between return/taxpayer characteristics and multiple examination audit outcome variables.
- Operations Research Analyst at Internal Revenue Service
- Management and Program Analyst at Internal Revenue Service
- Operations Management Consultant at Sarka Sales Agency
- Operations Management Associate at Shaw Industries
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Quality Assurance
- Bachelors of Science - Industrial Engineering
• Act as a liaison between customers, subject-matter experts, modelers, and developers to improve the in- house simulation software and architecture.
• Test architecture by generating simulations and testing for proper behavior by interpreting metrics generated by the simulation.
• Support assessments, architecture development, and in-house software, as well as data extraction to improve simulation fidelity.
• Provide expert knowledge to develop course-ware for customers, as well as an HTML equivalent for future incorporation.
• Contribute to three projects simultaneously.
• Generate DoDAF diagrams for external customer use, data collection, and vetting.
• Conduct data collection involving SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and independent research to improve fidelity of project output and analysis.
• Reviewing documentation and leveraging existing data to update simulation architecture parameters.
• Generate student guide both in Word and HTML5 for training of personnel.
• Code HTML scraper in Python for data collection to optimize updates and research.
- Associate Operations Research Analyst at Metron Scientific Solutions
- Lifeguard at Southwestern College
- Mathematics Tutor at Southwestern College
- Senior Mathematics Tutor at Southwestern College
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics - Computational Sciences
• Confer with management to rectify problem and compliance issues
• Compute property availability by utilizing established databases to maximize cost savings
• Liaise with cooperators to expedite and facilitate established processes to improve operations
- Operations Research Analyst at Holidale Inc
- Volunteer at NewCo Festivals Event
- Teaching Assistant & Grader, Marketing and Distribution at University of California
- Summer Intern, Marketing and Public Relations Assistant at Cinema Culturas and Dialogos Americas
1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts - Mass Communication
Participates in portions of complex studies and assists in defining the problems involved, formulating the overall concepts, evaluating findings and recommending solutions. Selects and applies mathematics, economics, econometrics and/or statistics appropriate to solving operations research problems, such as the development of computerized mathematical resource allocation models (e.g.; simulation), regression models, econometric projections or workload selection systems. Assists in and/or conducts operations research using well-established and innovative methods for identifying the probable causes of cost/workload variances and procedures for resolving variances. Consults with supervisor, other operations research analysts and subject matter specialists to ensure that appropriate techniques and procedures are being used in conducting research studies. Assists in and/or performs special studies of Service operations to identify mathematical applications to improve and/or enhance existing programs. Responsibilities in conducting these studies include determining the types of data to be collected, formulating study methodologies, recommending improvements to existing programs, assisting functional activities in the implementation of headquarters and field operational segments and analyzing data from a variety of sources. Assists in the development of technical guidance and the coordination of subject-matter personnel efforts involved in carrying out various aspects of assignments. Performs other duties as assigned. Professional knowledge of mathematical methods and scientific principles in order to accomplish complex studies, develop a variety of mathematical models and provide management with viable solutions or recommendations. Knowledge of multivariate techniques and advance knowledge of pertinent mathematical, simulation, economics, econometric and statistical operations research techniques to use in the context of government policy decisions. General knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, administrative provisions, OMB and Treasury regulations and procedures, and Internal Revenue Manual. Knowledge of the assigned organization as well as the organizations, programs and operations serviced and their inter- relationships. Knowledge of ADP equipment and statistical software applications such as Statistical Analysis System(SAS), Statistical Product in Service Solution (SPSS), Sybase (SQL), database and spreadsheet programs.
- Operations Research Analyst at Internal Revenue Service
- Tax Analyst at Internal Revenue Service
- Tax Specialist at Internal Revenue Service
- Tax Specialist at Internal Revenue Service
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Mathematics
Analyzed and evaluated strategies, plans, policies, and future concepts for the US Air Force, Department of Defense and other government agencies.
• Modeled and simulated tactical cyber operations teams for Joint Staff directed cyberspace Analysis of Alternatives using ExtendSim software.
• Evaluated future concepts for Joint Staff directed Joint Command and Control study.
- Senior Operations Research Analyst at Defense Contractor
- Colonel at US Air Force Reserve
- Squadron Commander at Air Force Reserve
- Test & Evaluation Engineer at The Boeing Co
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Engineering - Computer Science Engineering